4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 pm
Name: Lesleigh
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Craft: Healercraft apprentice
Physical Description: Small wisp of a girl, very obviously not physically inclined but also agile and nimble. Proven to be fast on her feet and tends to be right at home when climbing trees or otherwise exerting agility. Round face, long blonde hair usually kept in long ponytails and out of her face. Prone to wearing comfortable clothes over elegant garments.
Personality: Meek, slightly shy and easily intimidated, Lesleigh's couldn't be more a fish out of water in social interaction if she tried. Her friends are few and far between, mostly due to the fact she can't bring herself to feel entirely at ease around most others. It's not that she's a bad person, or even a cold person; it's more due to the fact she can't seem to drop her guard or trust others' good intentions towards her. It takes her a while to trust, or form bonds, but when she does, she latches onto them, metaphorically speaking, as if they were a lifeline.

She is prone to relying on those she trusts, and if she can put them between herself and everyone else and get away with it... she will. She might even resort to stereotypical hiding behind those she considers friends, if the situation allows. Tends to need a little push in order to make her speak up or bring up her thoughts to the proverbial table, but she will answer if asked.

What she lacks in confidence, however, she makes up for by being rather intelligent. When not under emotional stress, she can be quite sharp, and tends to add two and two in short time; she's a fast, a willing learner and despite her social incompetence, she's aware of her 'faults' and does want to improve.

She's adaptable despite her shyness, in the sense that she can cope with situations that might be considered 'out of left field'. This is due to the fact she approaches almost all situations with the same amount of mistrust and trepidation, and tackles them usually in the same way. You say aliens landed? She'll ask if someone's been sent to talk to them. She's gotten knee deep into trouble? She'll... come back to that after she's figured out if she should go tell someone or not. She won't bat an eye over strange things, and yet, at the same time, will approach things like a gathering with trepidation (oh god, all the people - look at all the people!). She's compassionate, and rarely tends to get angry as she's both patient and non confrontational by nature.

She has a mind for both research and complicated puzzles, and when left to work on such things tends to excel rather nicely. Animals in general also tend to love her - it's humans she seems to have a touch more trouble with, and even then, she tries, oh does she try!
Positive Trait List INTUITIVE | ADAPTABLE | COMPASSIONATE | NURTURING | OPEN MINDED
Negative Trait List SHY | PARANOID | DISTRUSTFUL | NO SELF ESTEEM | EMOTIONAL
History: First and only daughter to a modest family making their living within High Reaches Hold. Neither her parents were ever Candidates chosen by any dragons, and yet they make the most of life and make a perfectly decent living as owners of a small tavern within the Hold. A year after Lesleigh came of age however, se was Searched (and found!), and she decided that perhaps a partner for life didn't sound like a such a bad idea - specially a non human one that would offer her support and grow alongside her. The threat of the Thread was not enough to put out her need for such a companion - she figured that if she'd been putting up with the threats of human interaction, Dragon riding was just a step away from and a fine goal to aspire to. After all... know thy faults. Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the acknowledgement and overcoming of it.
Other: Still me. Still very new. Oh god.

Candidate Specific Questions
Do you want them to have an official Search RP? Nope!
Do you understand they will age every passing year regardless if you're there to RP the or not? Yep!
Do you want them to have a possible Stands Impression? Nope!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Can you adjust Leslie's name slightly? It's a very Terran/Earth name at the moment. Maybe add an extra letter somewhere? A silent h, or something?

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:49 am
Mr Cheri

Can you adjust Leslie's name slightly? It's a very Terran/Earth name at the moment. Maybe add an extra letter somewhere? A silent h, or something?

Done! If still too English let me know!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 am
ACTUALLY, I went looking for name variants and found Lesleigh which seems to fit the canon more, so I changed it to that. Let me know!  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Errr, DFA. We actually don't allow taverns in the Weyrs. The Weyr has a lower cavern/kitchen/dining hall. Her parents certainly could be lower caverns workers, or else they could have a tavern at High Reaches Hold instead. The Holds are a bit more city-like.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:37 pm
Mr Cheri

Errr, DFA. We actually don't allow taverns in the Weyrs. The Weyr has a lower cavern/kitchen/dining hall. Her parents certainly could be lower caverns workers, or else they could have a tavern at High Reaches Hold instead. The Holds are a bit more city-like.

Changed for you! No worries - please bear with me ;;; I am exceedingly new to the setting, and since you didn't point it out in the first pass, I didn't know it was wrong.  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:48 pm

LOL! That's because I got caught by the name right away. *coughs* My baaad.

Approved!

Approved Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff