Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyPipen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:52 am
Name: Lyall
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Craft: N/A
Physical Description: Lyall is a small woman, not particularly well-endowed, with long dark hair often tucked away in a braid, and light brown eyes. At first glance, she's not incredibly physically feminine, with a slim figure but rough features, which is lucky on her behalf, given she's currently masquerading as a boy.

She hides any feminine features behind layers- cloaks on vests on tunics, and it's rare to see her without at least a vest over her clothes- when she doesn't, however, when she forgoes layers, it's because her tunics are much too big- big enough to swallow her small frame to leave just as much to imagination. Bandages are also common- especially on her feet and hands. An unfortunate side effect of growing up sucking on a silver spoon are soft hands, prone to cuts and blisters when they're finally exposed to hard labor.
Personality: In a word, Lyall is naive. She grew up sheltered, and never had much interaction outside of her immediate family, and that is not a fantastic recipe for a well-rounded individual. Though let this say nothing for motivation- she tries. Dear lord, does she try- Lyall is nothing if not persistent. She understands that most of the skills she learned throughout childhood are, ultimately, useless now, and she's more than willing to make up for that now. Manual labor is new, but she's doing her best.... Self-defense and support, too, did you know that a bow is not, in fact, the easiest weapon to use? Though it requires so much more strength and finesse to use than she first anticipated, Lyall refuses to give up the pursuits she takes on to learn, be it from persistence or a stubborn head.

Overall, however, Lyall is a very sweet and trusting young woman- she's easily led, simply because she's never been lied to before- or have lied to others, either, really, and it's a miracle she's kept up this whole 'being a boy' charade for as long as she has, though it's long since passed to be a moot point- perhaps now she clings to it more out of habit and embarrassment than anything else. Despite this, however, she can be a bit of a brat. Spoiled rotten growing up, she's used to a certain level of respect and care being given to her simply due to her sex and station, and now, well.... It's been an adjustment.
Positive Trait List Persistent | Optimistic | Curious | Intelligent
Negative Trait List Anxious | Bratty | Entitled | Ignorant
History: Lyall was born the daughter of the holder of a minor hold, and had a fairly idealistic life for it. She was not a troublesome girl, rather, she quite enjoyed her life and the opportunities awarded to her for the circumstances of her birth. She enjoyed her private lessons, though they leaned heavily towards feminine pursuits- or perhaps because of this. Growing up, the girl never had any trouble taking to the more delicate pursuits of life- fine manners, housekeeping, embroidery, she honestly loved it all. Yes, growing up, Lyall was a very content woman who wanted for nothing... Until her father decided it was time for her to be betrothed to the son of another minor hold.

There was nothing wrong with the boy, really, not even after they met- he was not particularly ugly, they were the same age and while they had little in common, he wasn't cruel or dismissive. However, the longer the visit drew, the more Lyall realized that this would be her life- the same hold, the same pursuits, a suitable and moderate husband she neither loves nor hates. In the end, the thought of silently resigning herself to this life without the barest chance of discovering life outside of this was not something she was willing to do.

So, what else was there to do but to teach herself the art of binding and run away from home, claiming she is a he? Excessive perhaps, but lucrative! She knew very little of the world- in theory, she could tell you a great deal, including how to get to the next hold- in practice, however, it was very different. She quickly found herself lost and alone in the world, and it was sheer luck that she was Searched by Akkaida and claimed as a candidate by the High Reaches Weyr.
Other: I'm new- please be gentle xD

Candidate Specific Questions
Do you want them to have an official Search RP? No - Trust me, like Daffu, I'm still figurin myself out and none of the staff will wanna hand-hold me through it- I won't subject myself to ya'll until after I'm more used to the universe
Do you understand they will age every passing year regardless if you're there to RP the or not? Yes
Do you want them to have a possible Stands Impression? No need!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Approved.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Approved Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items