Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantaisie City

Back to Guilds

The hardest part is opening your heart... 

Tags: Roleplay, Literate, Romance, Slice of Life, Secrecy 

Reply ღ Affluent Area
Tasty Orange Cafe ~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Yozo

Captain

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:12 pm
User Image

Welcome to the Tasty Orange!

Although the prices are a little higher, the quality of food and service are a head above the rest!

We hope you enjoy your meal!

Menu:

Sandwiches
Ham & Cheese - $8.10
Chicken - $9.25
Cheese Tomato - $10.00
Daily Special - $7.25

Breakfast
Cheese Omelet - $5.30
Meat filled Omelet - $6.50
Sunny Side up - $3.45
Toast - $2.20

Drinks
Smoothie (Choose flavor) - $3.15
Iced Coffee - $2.00
Espresso - $2.50
Coffee - $2.00
Iced / Milk Tea - $2.35
Tea - $2.15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:41 pm
User Image
Roland Baker

- - - - - - - -

"Lambert, I am finally here in the city," an official-dressed man of average height murmured into his mobile phone. Mixed among the well-to-do inhabitants of this city, the man appeared at first sight as another businessman with a black metallic briefcase enclosed in his left hand. "I must say that I am getting too old for cross-country flights with only a half day's notice."

"Sorry Baker, but the higher-ups want you there sooner than later. As you've read in your briefing, we lost contact with Avery Michaelsdottir two weeks ago. She gave her last comprehensive briefing three Sundays ago, and we fear for the worst." Lambert's robotic voice ringed in Baker's voice, another reminder that the communications line was reasonably secured. Looking over the shoulders of a laughing couple, he saw nothing less than the bustling streets' occupants passing jewelry shops, boutique outlets, and every other kind of recreational joint. "Noted, Lambert. I shall call you back; right now, the streets here are packed. God knows whether I can find a place quiet enough for us to chat, let alone read the rest of Michaelsdottir's case file."

"Make it quick, Baker. It is urgent that you hit the pavement running; the longer we wait, the less likely Avery remains alive."

"Will do, Lambert. I will call back in five minutes," Roland uttered before hanging up. The buildings around him seemed far more welcoming than those he saw downtown, and one business seemed to catch his eye: "The Tasty Orange" was its name, and Roland cut through a loose crowd of pedestrians to approach the cafe. The sunlit floors and open floor plan were certainly a refreshing change from an average chain's cramped interior. Roland took his seat at one of the rear tables away from the front entrance, setting his briefcase on the table's surface. True to his word, the dark-haired man intended to call Lambert back in the three or so minutes he had to spare... But until then, Roland silently read the cafe's menu from his spot, wincing internally at the inflated prices. Hm... They could be worse.

- - -

Mood: Tense
Company: Nobody
Outfit: Black leather shoes, denim blue dress slacks, white button-up dress shirt, and a matching suit jacket

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

A-T

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 pm
User Image

xxxx♥ ✺ Haruto Mashima ✺ ♥xxxx

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

The waitress, or rather, the waiter wearing the female work uniform for the cafe, was busy wiping the surface of the tables for the customers, the blond twin-tails bouncing a bit with each step that he took. The place was mostly empty today, save for the clients who were leaving after the meals together with the espresso. Haruto picked up the plates, cups and utensils that were left behind after the cleaning duty was done and headed to the kitchen for the dishwasher to take care of it. Once he arrived back at the front, the place was now completely empty, except for the employees who were still working. Haru's shift would be over after an hour, and he would have to head home to attend two evening classes. That's his agenda for today, making sure that he would get some money while living on his own and even attending to his needs as a student. It wasn't long before the cashier called him, mainly because he had to fetch a roll of thermal paper for the cash register.

The blond attended to the task, taking him a few minutes to get the item since it was within the office room of the manager and the owner was busy with the phone calls. Once Haru emerged to give the cashier the item, there was the man looking at the menu, looking business-like with the outfit. It may mean that the male may be out for something to eat, or even to drink, before having to attend back to work as soon as the craving was satiated. With a practiced smile that he always wore for his duty as the waitress, he approached the male client with a twirl on his step, a notepad and pen in hand. "Welcome to Tasty Orange Cafe. May I help with your orders?" he asked, the tone being cheerful as ever. Honestly, he just couldn't wait to go home, but he should endure this last hurdle for the day.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: busy
WITH: employees and male customer
OOC: Here's my post

A-T

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:09 pm
User Image
Roland Baker

- - - - - - - -

Roland's fingers unlatched the briefcase lid before they pried the case open, revealing a blank laptop screen with a keyboard integrated into the black, spongy memory foam surface. Green LEDs blinked as the rugged laptop cycled the boot-up sequence, flashing the background white for several seconds before it dimmed back to black with a cursor blinking in the top-left corner. In another second, the custom login shell would prompt Roland for a username and password combination along with a request to insert an unspecified USB device into one of the USB ports along the briefcase's right side.

One minute remained until Lambert would call him back, and Roland was still fumbling for the USB key in his pocket. A childlike voice interrupted his frustrating search as the mean loked up to where the voice originated. One of the waitresses had arrived to take his order, and Roland could not help but smile at the elegance with which the blonde individual spun on their toes. "Ah, yes please; may I order a chicken sandwich with tea? I just came in town yesterday, and I'm still feeling jet-lagged.."

Roland felt something vibrate in his pocket: Lambert, one sec, the man thought before he withdrew the phone from his pocket, shooting another glance at the apparent waitress. "My apologies... My boss is calling me. May I have another minute?"

- - -

Mood: Tense, but proceeding to relax
Company: Strangers and a charming androgynous individual of a lean build and short stature
Outfit: Black leather shoes, denim blue dress slacks, white button-up dress shirt, and a matching suit jacket

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

A-T

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:28 am
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Haru heard the order loud and clear, making sure that the food and drink was jotted down on the notepad. However, the male client asked him to wait since there was a phone call that he must attend to. Haruto frowned, but had no choice but to wait till that would be done for. It was a good thing that the place was empty, so he wouldn't mind waiting to ensure that his next question would be answered once the conversation on the phone would be done at this moment. If that would happen while the place was crowded, and there was another customer coming in, asking for his service, that would be rude, and the waiter would have no choice but to let the one making the phone call wait till the blond would return to him. It was just one of the possibilities stemming from his work experience.

The waiter let out a soft yawn, which he concealed with his free hand. He had been up since 8 A.M. this morning for his shift. Perhaps he should take a nap before attending the online evening classes as a way to regain energy; working was draining him so much and he definitely needed some form of recharging. There was still some ingredients available in the pantry of his house, though the blond would have to go to the grocery store to restock on his next day off. Once the call was adjourned, that was when Haru finally voiced out what he was about to inquire, right before the excuse to wait, "So, 1 order of chicken sandwich together with hot tea, correct? Is there anything else that you need before they will be prepared shortly?"

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

WITH: employees and male customer
OOC: late reply, sorry.

A-T

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am
User Image
Roland Baker

- - - - - - - -

"Baker, are you there?"

"I am, Lambert, and I'm about to open Michaelsdottir's file again. We need to make this quick; I am in a public place," Roland spoke into his device, catching a glimpse of the waitress's frown. After he had finally found the USB key and stuck it into the briefcase's side, the login shell transitioned to a desktop environment with a PDF viewer, word processor, email client, and other apps cluttering the GUI. "As we were saying, Lambert..."

"I will keep this short: You will be meeting two field agents at the city hospital in eight hundred hours. Agent Michaelsdottir's mobile phone last connected to a cell station near the hospital, and the file will give you more details from the interviews we've had with the onsite staff."

"Acknowledged. Is that all?"

"Affirmative, Baker. In the mean time, settle in; this investigation may take up half of your year. Out."

Roland returned the smart device to his pocket after the conversation ceased. "Again, I am sorry for the interruption... I do not think I will need anything else, but thank you for asking," the suited man smiled. "Are you a student around these parts? Name's Roland, by the way. Roland Baker." As Roland said this, he adjusted his suit jacket and studied the waitress's features... Or were they perhaps a waiter? The man swore he thought he saw something boyish about the waitstaff, but bit his tongue: Better wait to hear their preferred pronoun set, he thought, his attention snapping back to reality as he studied the cafe's surroundings.

- - -

OOC: It's all good! My post is a tad short, too. : (
Mood: Relaxed
Company: Strangers and a charming androgynous individual of a lean build and short stature

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

A-T

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:09 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Haruto hummed in response, with a slight nod as he finalized the order for the male customer. At the question, his azure eyes blinked curiously, but responded nonetheless, as it would be rude to just leave the other hanging. "Haruto Mashima, though you can call me Haru. And yes, I am a student attending an online college program. Well, I'll be attending to your order, which will be ready after around five to ten minutes. Be right back," there was the childish tease at the last three words before he left to have the food and drink ready for Roland. While he was waiting, he was pondering about the call. He absolutely had no idea except for the hunch that it must be related to Roland's work, but he wasn't the one to pry deeper into someone else's personal business unless it was necessary. Seven minutes later, the sandwich and tea was already done.

Haruto's saunter was energetic, with him humming a small tune, as he approached Roland with the order, served on a tray. He then laid the plate and the saucer with the steaming cup of tea on the table. There were condiments of cream and sugar available on the table in case Roland might need some for his tea. The cross-dressing waiter then bowed slightly, hands clasped in front of his own stomach formally, "Here you go. Chicken sandwich with the hot tea. I hope you'll enjoy the experience here in this cafe. Feel free to send in tips to that jar on the counter in case you are feeling a bit more generous." He then pointed to the small glass jar with the rectangular hole on the cork stopper, reserved for tips to help the employees a bit more with their jobs.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

WITH: employees and Roland
OOC:

A-T

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 pm
User Image
Roland Baker

- - - - - - - -

"I hope your studies go well, Haruto," Roland nodded, smiling again at Haruto's charismatic departure from the table. Damn. That kid- Haruto, right?- has charm. They will go far. Returning to his laptop for a moment, Roland opened his mail client and began to browse through his morning mail. A password reset reminder, an internal job posting from the DOD, and multiple email chains of annoying lengths greeted Roland's eyes, but what he was looking for had arrived in his inbox at midnight.

Opening the message after he had sorted his email by priority, the man double-clicked on the PDF attachment before a three hundred page document labeled "SENSITIVE" along each page's top-left margin opened. A dated photograph of a woman with ebony shoulder-length hair appeared next to her employee ID, biometrics tab, and a hyperlink that would bring Roland to the agency's intranet portal. For now, at least until tonight's meeting at the hospital, Roland would focus solely on the information already before him. There was not nearly enough time to dissect and reassemble Michaelsdottir's life history, especially when somebody else had already prepared the information sufficient for tonight's operation.

Roland spotted movement in the corner of his left eye and looked up from his workstation, grinning with delight at the meal's quick preparation as well as Haruto's energetic and classy presentation of the meal that concluded with a bow. "Ah! Thank you for the meal, though I should say one thing," Roland began when he reached into his pocket, pulling out his wallet before digging for several denomination notes along with an additional five bucks. "I would much rather tip the server directly if that would be possible. You have vitality, kid. That quality is something far more people in this world need."

Roland closed his briefcase and set it aside by his feet. He stripped off the top of a sugar packet, dumped its contents into the teacup, and set it aside on his plate beside the sandwich. Without another moment to spare, Roland began his belated brunch, taking a good bite out of his chicken sandwich.

- - -

Mood: Relaxed
Company: Strangers and Haruto "Haru" Mashima

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

A-T

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:11 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Hearing that Roland would prefer to tip the employee directly for the hard work induced a small laugh from Haru. "Whichever works as long as we deserve a bit more for our job well done," the waiter spoke, accepting the tip and slipping the money into his apron pocket. The apron was orange, matching well with the theme of the cafe, which concealed his T-shirt that matched well with his skirt that reached a touch above his knee. His legs were clad in stockings, though his feet were covered with doll shoes. Heels were tiring when having to walk around as part of his job; he had removed his ankle-high boots prior to his shift and the doll shoes were in his bag as a way to adapt to his work experience that required being at his best to get the job done. "Thanks for the tip," he said in gratitude before leaving Roland to his own devices so that he could start eating.

But still, he took a brief glance at the laptop Roland was utilizing for his work. Nothing too fancy, but could handle long hours of performance since it was suited for business. Haru has a desktop computer in his room, mostly for playing games and even to attend online classes, whichever works to relieve his boredom. It only took a few seconds before Haru continued walking away, mainly because the bill had to be prepared for Roland's table.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

OOC:

A-T

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:13 pm
User Image
Roland Baker

- - - - - - - -

"Anytime, Haruto," Roland chuckled, taking another bite of the chicken sandwich before he sipped from the teacup. Even for a seventeen-buck meal, the man enjoyed his meal; he did not find the tea too hot, nor did the sandwich have a disproportionate quantity of seasoning- or an absence of it thereof. Looks like I've found my new favorite joint. I could get used to working from here between sites...

The man reached back down and returned the briefcase to the table surface while he took one of his last bites, reopening the thing with his free hand and reentering the passcode to the splash page. Michaelsdottir's file reappeared on screen, and Roland began to review where he had left off. Previous background check results... Recent travels- ah! Seems she arrived in this city three months ago. Roland took another sip of his tea as he skimmed through her brief.

In ten minutes, Roland finished the last of his tea, but his eyes remained glued to the screen. Her last report... Seems there was a string of thefts from... the cardiology ward? She was supposed to interview an eyewitness who claimed to have saw something. Witness tampering is certainly not to be ruled out. Of course, the courts will have a damn field day proving the charge! Looks it will take longer than a "half year" to proceed; I need to call Lambert sooner than expected.

- - -

Mood: Slight Frustration

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

A-T

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:53 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

The bill was being prepared while Roland was being busy with his work, a receipt featuring the price for the chicken sandwich and tea. The color of the ink printed on the paper was obsidian black, clear and legible since the cartridge was replaced a few days ago. Haruto sauntered towards the male client and handed over the bill to him, "Here's the bill. Total amount is $11.40. Feel free to use either the cash or credit card to pay for the purchase." He had bent his torso slightly as the task was performed, and he stretched his arms to relieve the tension. God, he was just so tired and his shift would be almost over, so that would mean one thing: he could finally leave the cafe and head home. "By the way, my shift's almost over and I'll be heading home soon. If you have somewhere else to go, I won't mind walking together with you... at least until we have to part ways."

After all, Roland was a good guy so far, being diligent and devoted to his tasks. But still, the two were strangers to each other, and there may be a chance that the two may or may not cross paths again in other places apart from this cafe. Haruto never had other friends apart from his co-workers in the cafe, and he was fine with that so far, to lessen the chances of becoming a potential target to bullying or something much worse than that. But still, having a few more acquaintances wouldn't be so bad as long as their intentions were on the good side.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: tired
OOC:

A-T

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 pm
User Image
Roland Baker

- - - - - - - -

Roland closed the PDF file on his laptop before he powered the machine down and snapped the embedded machine's briefcase shut. It was quite fortunate timing too, for he watched as Haruto returned to his table with what appeared to be the bill. "Thank you very much, Haruto," Roland bowed his head, grasping the collection of banknotes besides his briefcase and recounting them until he had a confirmed total of $11.40 in his hands. In turn, after taking the receipt, Roland would hand over the banknotes and coins to the waitstaff.

'If you have somewhere else to go, I won't mind walking together with you...' Roland pondered this over for a moment, thinking of several things he had heard earlier. Lambert DID tell me to settle in. I might as well explore part of the city until I must pay the hospital a visit. Roland looked at Haruto, and grinned again. "I am new to this city. Come to think of it... I think I would like to learn more about the surroundings with someone who has lived here some time, or at least with somebody who is as curious as I am. I would like to take you up on your offer." Roland himself stretched, standing from his chair as he also took the briefcase into his own hands. "I'm ready when you are. My next stop is the hospital uptown, but I'm not supposed to arrive there until the evening anyways."

- - -

Mood: Satiated

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

A-T

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:02 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Haruto hummed in thought after the bill has been settled, taking in Roland's words, then nodded slowly, "Plausible enough. Oh, and there's the fall festival ongoing. If you still have some free time, feel free to attend and have fun, though I am not sure if I can be there as well. I'll still be attending evening classes later tonight. I'll be back after a bit." But as he was on the way back to the employee area to prepare himself for heading out, he smiled. It was nice having someone to accompany him, as he had been walking out alone, at least most of the time, except if his co-workers would suggest a place to unwind and relieve some stress after the job was done for the day. He removed his apron and doll shoes, keeping the store property safe in the designated hooks and stuffing the shoes into his bag before slipping on the boots once again. The jacket came next to conceal his shirt since the weather would become slightly rainy later at night, plus the beanie hat as extra protection from the cold. And he still kept the portable umbrella inside his bag as well.

After the waiter departed back to the front, he clocked out and waved goodbye to his co-workers before facing Roland, "I'm back.~ The tour will soon begin," that was all he insinuated before leaving the cafe. The walk outside would be extremely chilly, but at least he was prepared for it with the protection gear he was wearing to keep himself extra warm for the time being.

-- Exit --

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: tired
OOC:

A-T

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:45 pm
User Image
Roland Baker

- - - - - - - -

Roland rolled back his suit collar after it got stuck while he was collecting his briefcase. "A Fall Festival? I think I've seen fliers about it when I arrived at the airport... It's in some park, is it?" The man adjusted his suit again, this time taking care to realign his gig line. Some habits from his first career just refused to leave. Not that he minded, of course. While Haruto left for the rear portion of the shop, Roland pulled out his cell phone to skim through his inbox again. A notification reminding him to visit the hospital had appeared right at the hour mark, but there were no other messages worth reading.

By the time Haruto returned from the back, Roland had already replaced his cellphone in his pocket and was standing a short distance away from the exit. He nodded after he listened to Haruto's announcement. "Sounds good! Let's go." Roland followed Haruto outside and onto the streets, where the cool air nipped at his ears and fingertips. Nonetheless, he easily managed whatever discomfort might have existed at first as he disappeared from the premises with the clocked-out Tasty Orange employee.

- - -

Mood: Revitalized

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

A-T

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:18 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Sheesh, it's no joke that the snowstorm is coming by today.

Haruto was glad that there was the long-sleeved version of the uniform available, because even the heater may not help much to combat against the cold weather. The good thing was that his semester was over for the time being; he has a week left of his break before he had to go back to school. The blond pouted as he stared at the window, the snow continuing to drop alongside the violent wind. Great, now how would be able to go home once his shift was done for the day after seven hours? At least he was wearing sturdy boots alongside his thick jacket and scarf to combat against the cold before having to change to his work uniform.

More importantly, the place was mostly empty except for his co-workers and two customers who decided to stay there, enjoying the food and drink he had served to them minutes ago, at least until the road would be safe for them to walk. Even the free Wi-Fi wouldn’t work much since the weather’s in a bad shape, and even the cellphone signal as well for those fond of calling and texting their friends and family members? Indeed, what a way to start the new year, more so after the festivities to signal the event with the usual fireworks, food and booze, except that Haru eschewed the booze part and replaced it with sweets.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: a bit too not pleased
WITH: not much people around
OOC:

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

ღ Affluent Area

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash