Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantaisie City

Back to Guilds

The hardest part is opening your heart... 

Tags: Roleplay, Literate, Romance, Slice of Life, Secrecy 

Reply ღ Affluent Area
Tasty Orange Cafe ~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:16 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Let the song of life guide you to the place you wish to go."

It was not often that she got to see snow. In the place that she used to live, the temperature was not low enough to the point of freezing, so there were not many occurrences of snow there. The feeling of snow was nice on her fingers and she enjoyed its texture as she walked through the streets. Her destination was the nearest local café: "Tasty Orange Cafe". From reviews online and from people, it should be a peaceful place to be, with good food and drinks. The bell jingled nicely as she stepped through the door. She then closed it quickly to prevent more wind to come in. Despite bundled up quite warm, she could still feel the biting cold through the clothing. Interestingly, just as she got inside the store, the wind outside started flowing more, making it rather difficult to leave. The sight from the window certainly looked like a big snow storm. Ah, she supposed that she would be here for a while.

Given this type of weather, there were not many customers in the store. The employees there were dressed for the weather, one of whom she had walked towards to get her order. Long golden hair, beautiful blue eyes, cute-looking face, the girl looked quite bored at the moment (or dare her to say, unhappy?). It was safe to leave her curiosity about the young employee alone. "Excuse me, I would like to order." She paused to look up at the menu, searching for a hot drink to warm herself up. She did not like the hot taste, but it was good for her body. "I would like a hot tea, please. Thank you."

MOOD → Relaxed
OUTFIT → Fur poncho with hat, fur ankle-length long dress, ankle-length fur boots, all in light blue.
OOC →  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 am
User Image

xxxx♥ ✺ Haruto Mashima ✺ ♥xxxx

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

His co-worker called out his name, asking if they could borrow his coat since they whined about the cold like a crybaby. Haru was about to snap if it wasn't for the newcomer arriving at the place, ordering for tea. The crossdresser took notice of the girl's appearance, the pale blue hair and eyes that matched well in her outfit. Oh, how elegant. Haru smiled and bowed informally, though he internally reminded himself that the scolding would wait till later, at least until the client was given what she ordered, "Hot tea coming right up, ready after three minutes tops!" And immediately, he asked for a cup of the steaming hot tea to be prepared. Today's flavor was sweet orange spice, with the hint of the citrus fruit together with cinnamon, and the liquid possessed the amber golden color when steeped fully. The customers who had been there earlier than the girl enjoyed the taste so far.

Once the tea was finished, it was served to the female through the mug, together with milk and sugar in case the other may need it. "Here you go. Today's flavor of tea is orange and cinnamon. I hope you'll enjoy," Haru described, bowing once again once the deed was done. And after that, he approached the co-worker who complained about the weather and flicked their forehead softly, admonishing them in a soft whisper. After that small talk that lasted for a minute, ignoring the one who pouted because of the flick, he asked the customer once again, approaching her and hoping that she enjoyed the taste, "Well, will it be okay if you would like to order food to compliment well with the tea? Feel free to take a pick."

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: a bit better
WITH: not much people around, talking to the customer
OOC: Today's flavor for the tea.

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

The employee was quick to follow up on her order and the tea was ready in no time. Pleasant fruity and cinnamon scent wafted through her nose as she nodded to the other person. "Thank you for the tea." The employee's voice surprised her for a moment. The tone and pitch were strange in a way. The oddity was not noticeable, but her experienced hearing on sounds caught the change easily. That voice should not belong to a lady, despite having the qualities for it. No matter, it was not her business, but it was certainly curious.

"Having food to go with the tea will be nice." She nodded at the suggestion, eyeing the food section on the menu. Usually, her choice to go was sweets or pastries that would fill her up only a little, but they did not have much of those on the menu. She supposed ordering some breakfast food should be suitable for this time of the day. On the convenient side, she had not eaten breakfast yet. Nonetheless, it was difficult to decide on one. She turned to the employee for help. "Do you have any recommendation for anything that fits with tea?" It would be interesting to have someone else's suggestions sometimes. Maybe she could find something new to like. She felt like being adventurous today.

MOOD → Relaxed
OUTFIT → Fur poncho with hat, fur ankle-length long dress, ankle-length fur boots, all in light blue.
OOC →  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:22 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Haruto was glad to know that the customer liked the tea; it was the recommended food to go along with it that he had to discuss. "We do have breakfast options like omelets, filled with meat or cheese, sunny side-up eggs and toast. Plus, sandwiches may also work, though we don't have supply for the daily special right now, so chicken, ham and cheese and cheesy tomato are the ones available for the filling," the waiter replied. He was hoping that the female customer wouldn't feel so ticked off by the daily special being unavailable for today. A few of the ingredients for the tuna sandwich, which was supposed to be the daily special, were out of stock, and it was unfortunate, indeed, but at lest there should be a compromise to alleviate the problem somehow, if not totally, hence the alternative options.

"Will that be okay for you, Miss... What's your name? I forgot about the introductory part," he asked, feeling sheepish on skipping on the proper tip to ask for the customer's name right from the start. While waiting for the response, there was a car cruising by, though cautiously, to avoid further accidents. Because of that, some of the snow on the ground ended up being shoved to the side, close to the bottom of the building of the cafe. It was one reason why people had to wear thick and sturdy boots as protection against the cold and even to avoid slipping. At least, Haruto was glad that he would be working until 3 PM today, because the snowstorm would become potentially worse later in the evening and he had to stay indoors in his house as part of the safety precaution.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

WITH: not much people around, talking to the customer

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:11 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

Her mind sifted through the options that were given to her. Sharon usually did not have a heavy breakfast in the morning, so the food should not be too much. "Toast and sunny-side-up eggs should be nice. Do you also have butter to go with it?" Light and fluffy. She also enjoyed the nice taste of butter on bread.

"My name is Sharon Engel. A pleasure to meet you Mi-" There was a pause in the introduction since she was unsure about how to say it. "-isster Mashima?" The uncertainty in her voice was evident and the greeting ended up like a question instead. With the dragging of the sound before the name, it confused one whether she had said "Miss" or "Mister". Maybe a mix of those. She hoped she had said the name correctly just base on the name on the name tag. "My apologies, I was unsure how to call you." The sentenced followed next. She tried to pacify what she had said. It would be bad to offend anyone just because she was confused and paid attention to small little things.

MOOD → Relaxed
OOC →  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:41 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

The waiter nodded cheerfully at the question, "Yep. Buttered toast is actually preferred by most customers." At the confusion set up by the female, who had introduced herself as Sharon, he laughed sheepishly, "Mister is fine, Sharon. I'm actually a boy even with those clothes." he would let that slide since the blue-haired girl didn't mean any harm whatsoever. "That one aside, breakfast will be served to you after ten minutes. Be right back," With that, he headed to the kitchen to have the food prepared according to what Sharon wanted. With the toast being buttered, the exterior was slightly browned with some flecks of yellow because of the butter. Though sadly, the yolk was ruined slightly because of the misplacement when the cooked egg was put on the plate, resulting with the yellow liquid running to the side of the white.

The imperfection aside, the plate was served to Sharon by Haruto in such a cheerful fashion. "Here you go. Hope you'll enjoy the meal," he spoke before noticing a customer leaving the cafe since they had somewhere to go, closing the door cautiously to protect the establishment from being blasted with the wind. Considering the weather, the home would be the most plausible option. A minute had passed by before the music was turned on in hopes of setting up the mood. Turned out that the music playing was nothing else but K-Pop songs, but there was the ad interruption that came by first. Definitely Spotify Basic considering that it could be costly to pay for Premium monthly unless there was a promo available.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

WITH: not much people around, talking to Sharon

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:52 am
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

She had expected the answer about the mystery of his voice, but she still felt surprised at his answer. It certainly was not often to see one crossdress, but she had expected better after seeing others in a lot of styles. Cosplaying was certainly a trend, so cross-dressing should be one soon. The problem of that trend would be it was harder for one to crossdress without looking like their original gender. The waitress-like waiter in front of her had done a very well-done job with his uniform. She could have thought he was female until she noticed his voice. On that subject, his answer received her acknowledgment nod and no other comment. It may be a touchy subject to comment on.

The wait for the food was much longer, so she enjoyed watching the scenery from the window in the process. The weather had not lightened up and everything was covered in white. Certainly a perfect scenery for hot chocolates, marshmallow and hanging by the fireplace. The plate that appeared on the table paused that thought. "Thank you. It looked nice. Smells great, even." It appeared the cook messed up the decorating process a little, leaving it a bit messy, but the scent of the food was pleasant. On top of that, the dish was still smoking hot, its warmth pleasant in contrast to the colder weather outside. Some of the wind had flown in when one customer left, leaving fewer people in the cafe. "It's getting colder lately, isn't it?" She shuddered as the wind touched her skin.

MOOD → Relaxed
OOC →  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:30 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

The soprano voice of the main vocalist filled the area as Haruto nodded in response, "Yep, it surely is, though to be fair, it's almost the same as Tokyo. That's where I came from before moving into the city." Meanwhile, another one of his co-workers was busy cleaning up the mess the customer had left behind, picking up the empty dishes and the used napkins and setting them onto a tray before wiping the table surface with a cloth. "So, may I ask where are you from exactly, Sharon?" he asked, sitting down on a vacant chair close to the table where the female was currently occupying. He was hoping that the other wouldn't mind his company because, after all, he doubted that more customers may come by to take shelter in this cafe for the time being, anyway.

The cashier danced a bit in tune with the chorus, inducing an eye roll from Haruto himself. What a weirdo. "So, what do you think of this city so far? Anything good? Running into something weird? Well, running into something weird may be the norm," he went on, hoping to continue the conversation as much as he could without sounding a bit too quirky. But before he could resume talking, the cashier began to sing to the music. Oh well, there's nothing Haruto could do to stop them, more so when it was to relieve boredom and to kill time. He sighed wistfully; their voice needed a bit more work in terms of sounding good without being inducing too much cringe.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: a bit better, annoyed

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

The music in the room turned louder, perhaps from when someone had moved to adjust the volume. "Ah, Tokyo. Well, I can't say I have been to the place. Nonetheless, it would be interesting to be able to visit there once." The name did ring a bell. People talked a lot about the city. Mostly positive ones. "I come from the country of Germany." She had paused in the middle of the sentence for a second, before continuing. "West Germany." The question reminded her of the gap in her memory, something that brought trouble to her even in the simplest answer. She answered that question too vague, but she could not give any other response.

The waiter asked for her opinion on the city. "Oddities" was certainly on the list. "I do meet some interesting people, ones that you don't see on the street often." She thought of the previous acquaintances and smiled at the thought of their kindness. "It's a strange situation to meet them. But they had been very kind to me." Her gaze refocused on Haruto. "What of you? Did you come across any interesting circumstances?" A singing voice rang through the air as she finished the question. Its tone, if she was honest, ranked below average on the normal singing rating. Her brow twitched at the off-tones in that singing. A hum in her throat came naturally with the same tune, low enough to ignore the freestyle singing in the background. Perhaps because the hype of music was too much, the volume of the voice increased, rendering her little tune useless.

MOOD → Relaxed, with small discomfort.
OOC →  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 am
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Crystal blue hues blinked, though Haruto became interested in the subject of Sharon's origin country, "Germany, huh? I only thought of sauerkraut as the condiment as well as those flavorful bratwurst... Ah, well, I have never seen the country personally just yet, so pardon me on my lack of knowledge," he rubbed the back of his own head with one hand, the other waving in front of him as if to address how embarrassing it was for him to discuss that flaw. That aside, it seemed that Sharon was no stranger to seeing the quirky stuff going on in the city. He took a deep breath before moving along, composing on what he had to insinuate in front of her so that the story wouldn't be too cluttered.

"Well, turned out that my Secret Santa last month was none other than a female stuck in time, trapped in a mirror for a long time. But she's not that bad. I may like to visit her house someday, except that I had to partake in school matters first. Being a working student has its own set of drawbacks alongside its perks, y'know?" Haruto then laced his own hands at his chin, elbows touching the table. "Hmmm... Are you also a student? Home-schooled? Been in a university? Or is there an education system that's diverging from the human kind?" A loud shrill came from the cashier who was still singing the song, interrupting him, and he sighed wistfully. He wished they would shut up, or even tone down the volume for both their sakes.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: a bit better, annoyed

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:16 am
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

Despite the gap in knowledge about her own home country, Sharon could understand the food name that Haruto had mentioned. "That's fine. I am flattered that you know some of the food there. Bratwurst certainly tastes great. For Sauerkraut though, it is something that I had not tried for a long time." Something in her bones told her about the food wonderful taste, but no image of ever eating this food appeared in her mind. "We also have other types of Wurst and Bier that are also very well-known." The introduction came like her second nature, along with words of other languages.

Haruto's story told a magical tale, like those in the books. In this city, she knew that magical beings appeared more common, but hearing a story about it still jolted her with a small surprise. Given that nonchalant when the waiter told the story, he was used to meeting such beings. The subject turned to school. She nodded to his mention about working and studying at the same time before the question was turned to her. The ending part of the sentence brought a raised brow from her. "That last part sounds like something from a sci-fi movie."

A yelling/singing voice interrupted her sentence when the singing turned too loud. Then, it was silence, aside from the cursing and whining of pain in the back over the counter. The cashier returned to the counter with reddened cheeks and sulky face. Done with that observation, she returned to what she was going to say. "I'm currently finding a job myself." The silver-blue-haired girl had skipped the questions and jumped on something else. She could not answer the questions. "Hopefully something that involves music."

MOOD → Relaxed
OOC →

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

Haruto was nervous at the mention of beer in German language, "Actually, I prefer not to delve too much into alcohol, though once in a while may be fine." The waiter was definitely legal enough to do most things minors could not because of the Japanese law, but still, it wouldn't hurt to show some form of restraint. He laughed sheepishly at the commentary that it was straight from a sci-fi movie, removing his hands away from the chin, "Well, you are not wrong," But still, with the cashier collecting themselves after being embarrassed, he should savor the silence from the figure as much as he could. "Oh, music, huh? Hmmm... Let's see... Ah, well, that reminds me."

A smile crept up his face as he relayed on the information based on what he had known so far, "Ishii Records and Cafe may be the place that you are looking for. The place does sell CDs and records, alongside enjoying the drinks and food served inside. In fact, that's where I met my Secret Santa, and I'm sure that you'll have a great time, too. Although... I'm not sure if there are other job positions available aside from that cashier and manager. It won't hurt to ask them, just in case," in fact, his knowledge of the city was still limited to begin with, but at least he did what he could to help Sharon out on her job searching. More importantly, the next song played by, this time from a famous male K-pop group, and it was once again about love. He was hoping that the themes for the songs would broaden a bit more than just anything related to that single emotion, just to break the norm every once in a while.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: cheerful

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:35 am
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

Haruto's reaction to her mention about Bier reminded her about his age. Looking at him, he would not be the age of drinking. Even if he was, his attitude about alcohol was one of the rare kind. She had seen many men enjoyed drinking alcohol a lot rather than disliked doing so. For her, she had no preference for alcohol. It usually hurt her voice, which was something she would rather not happen. "It's not good to drink too much alcohol, so I think your preference is a healthy one. Not drinking much of those will be good for your liver."

It was a pleasant surprise when Haruto said to know something about musical jobs. The information he provided certainly helped narrow down potential jobs. "Is that so? I have to visit the place when I have the time then. Thank you for the lovely information." The background song changed at the end of her answer, a calm melody flowed through the air. Its tone saddened at the edges, which reminds her of current trends. "There has been a lot of songs that borders on the love theme lately."She did not have any problem with such trends, but too much love and romance made every music almost the same. "One would think in this season there would be more songs about Winter or family warmth. Not that romance isn't in the picture of winter." The music ended with another song, this time filled warmth and happy tone.

"Speaking of which, do you have any specific preference for music?"

MOOD → Relaxed
OOC →

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:20 pm
User Image

⋘ ╔══════════════╗ ⋙

The question about his preference towards music left him contemplating, though only for a minute, "To be fair, I'm pretty much chill with almost everything related to music, except when it's about... y'know, the slutty stuff. I'm sick with those." That was definitely one turn-off in terms of keeping people entertained, making them think that they could do anything by letting themselves become the center for all the lustful ventures. It was partially because of being bullied in the past. "Hmmm... But then again, if that's what the others wanted, to each their own. I'll just stay away from that territory," he chuckled sheepishly. After all, Haruto had no right to be a bit too judgmental about everyone else's life choices.

He then cleared his throat, changing to another topic. "Oh, right, something related to winter since spring's not yet coming around yet. Some classical tunes could relate on such themes about winter and family warmth, though they are not being available in the current playlist. Maybe I can tell the cashier to change to another playlist after thirty minutes, just to keep up with the theme," the waiter suggested, before standing up. "Besides, K-Pop is something the cashier wants to listen for a long time since they are a huge fan of the popular bands. Nothing wrong with that, but gotta change things up a bit. Well, excuse me, I have to head to the restroom," he spoke once again before departing to that area to respond to Mother Nature's call.

⋘ ╚══════════════╝ ⋙

MOOD: mostly okay

Wind Hime Princess

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:58 am
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

Haruto's preference in music was understandable, as she shared similar views. In the end, each type of music would have its own audience. "I also do not have any preference for any specific music type. The importance is the feeling and the message each song projects. I like music for the song itself, undivided by the type of music it represents." Sharon's eyes glowed with her sharing, wishing to pour out her passion for music. She caught herself at the end, however, before she started citing names of her favorite songs, both old and new music of today.

The information about the current radio playlist surprised her when she was told about it. "Oh, so the current playlist is the cashier's. That's surprising. I've expected each cafe to have a set playlist for the store." She looked at the direction of the radio, where music was fading to another song. "Does that also allow customers to change the songs to their liking, too?" If the answer was yes, it would be lovely to share the songs she had taken a liking to with everyone, especially Haruto.

While waiting, Sharon tended to her breakfast she had not started on earlier. Hmm, it tasted flavorful and went well with the tea. Not bad. She hummed along with the new song on the radio, the lyrics and melody familiar to her. Opposite to the strength of the male singer's voice, hers was light and airy, softening the edges of the song.

MOOD → Relaxed
OOC →

ღ Affluent Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces