[B] tiny hooves (ferns at dusk/???)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

subducting

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ferns at Dusk wasn't an especially caring kimeti, not unless it suited him, and as the swamp grew colder and the cooler weather sunk thickly onto the swamp, so did he withdraw even more as the swamp calmed around him. He was foraging the trees in the northern swamp, gazing around calmly as he searched for a last few tender morsels. He craned his head to a wizened old bush, trying to reach a few berries at the top where no-one had yet been inclined to stretch to, when he felt eyes on him. Turning his dark eyes onto the gloom, he stared for a long moment before going back to nosing around in the bush, waiting to see if he could scrounge a few more berries from it.
moonstone dazzle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:47 pm
On the wings of a swan she descended, and the bird used its beak to strip the branch of berries from the top. It came clean with a snap, and the swan lowered the branch to the ground. When she looked up again, she was a doe once more, smiling.

"Hello, my dear. Sorry, I felt rather inclined to lend a wing. And may I offer my congratulations on your upcoming children!"

subducting

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

subducting

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:49 pm
Ferns watched as the swan sailed down, mild surprise lighting his face as she gently landed next to him. In the moment that he glanced to the branch and back, the swan had been replaced by a doe. He had heard the rumours, as had everyone else in the swamp, and idly he wondered if it was sheer luck, or if their was a purpose to her visit. He flicked an ear and nodded his thanks as he bent to pick the branch.

"My thanks," he mumbled around it, straightening as she started speaking. He wasn't so impolite as to not thank someone who showed him kindness, but he felt no particular need to show any kindness back. Her words, however, surprised- truly surprised- Ferns, eliciting a show of emotion uncommon for the normally detached buck. "My- what??" he asked, as the branch dropped to the ground with a rustle of leaves. Ferns barely noticed it- he was too busy staring at the strange mare as if she'd grown an extra head.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:02 pm
"Ah. You didn't know." This wasn't the first time this had happened to Roses in Bloom, but there was always a touch of awkwardness when it occurred. She hoofed gently at the dirt, trying to think of what to say now.

"Well, you've young ones to come. I can sense these sorts of things," Roses explained, looking up once more with a gentle smile.

"Would you just like a sort of... standard blessing for the little ones, then? As to not put you on the spot?

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

subducting

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:54 pm
Ferns nodded absently, before remembering his manners. "My apologies," he blinked at the doe, totally rattled, and vaguely annoyed at being caught unawares. "That would be... most kind of you." He dipped his head respectfully, mind whirling. Foals. Motherfather, what on earth was he supposed to do with foals.

Would they expect him to father them? Was he even capable? He lifted his gaze impassively to the stranger. His children would seek him out if they wanted. He had no reason to care for them. He had managed fine without knowing his parents. They surely would to.
Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:19 pm
"Then I shall wish the normal for you," Roses agreed, her gentle smile to reassure him there was no judgment on her behalf. "I hope they find happiness in their lives, and that they are healthy. May they find purpose in the things that they do."

Poor fellow. Caught completely unawares, it would seem. Roses in Bloom shifted a bit, her blink slow and thoughtful.

"And what of you? Are you seeking advice, too?"

subducting

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

subducting

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:55 pm
Pawing at the earth with his hoof, Ferns considered this for a moment. Did he need advice. He lifted his head proudly and gazed at the doe, expression impassive. "I think I will manage," he said, flicking his tail. "I thank you for the blessing, but I feel little need to concern myself with these foals. They will thrive easily, being blessed, after all." He dipped his head again, respectfully, his somber tones emotionless.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:01 pm
For just a moment, Roses in Bloom forgot herself, eyes narrowing in frustration. When the buck raised his head, she did the same with hers- her new form lending her enough height and strength to cut an imposing figure. She stared down at the father to be, rather unimpressed.

"A blessing does not mean a perfect, idyllic life. Even if you think yourself better than fatherhood, I would suggest not being so cavalier about it. Caring is not weakness."

With that, Roses was a swan once more. The bird beat its great wings, and was off into the distance.

subducting
That's a wrap!

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out