Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantaisie City

Back to Guilds

The hardest part is opening your heart... 

Tags: Roleplay, Literate, Romance, Slice of Life, Secrecy 

Reply ۵ City Outskirts
Abandoned Gardens

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Yozo

Captain

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:04 pm
User Image
Hope the kind

User Image
Agni couldn't believe it. He could have sworn he aced that job interview. It only seemed fitting to take over the city's Grand Library. That's where all the spell-books would be, right? "Such a setback.." The young wizard grumbled. He was not as lucky. 'The day is still young. Perhaps another got the job, but there are more positions open.' He thought, trying to explore another option. Back-up plans weren't Agni's forte. It was all he could think of.

Earlier that morning, Agni obtained a paper. Usually his father would read the newspaper. It wasn't something Agni would do normally, but something caught his eye. A familiar face. Somehow, Silvaria was featured in the newspaper. 'What!? She's only been in town for less than 24 hours and she's already a celebrity?' Conflict tore through him. Agni wanted to be happy for her, but the words she presumably stated made the young wizard angry.

"Heh, So I'm her rival now?" He let out a bitter chuckle. Not only did he find out Silvaria applied for the same job, but insulted him in the city's paper. 'If she's so famous, then there's no doubt she got the job.' Agni thought. 'If she wants to turn this 'rivalry' into a soap-opera so badly, then fine.' Agni sighed in his mind. It wasn't like him to burn anyone out of nowhere.. At least, thats' what he thought. Any passerbys probably gave him a strange look. Without a doubt, the markings on his arms and upper back were probably glowing red through his shirt as negative emotions surged through him.

Deep down, the young wizard hoped more than anything that neither of them got the job. In the time the competition had been taking place, libraries from other cities were often ransacked as a result of fights. Agni could only imagine the heartbreak in his sister's eyes should she be fired. Silvaria never held a job for very long. 'She's so stuttery around people. She probably pulled the 'it's my birthday' card.' Had he read too much into it? Maybe, but that was the least of his concerns. The young wizard had a curse to help break. Head of the Grand Library or not, Agni intended to keep his promise.

"Well, what do we have here? Long time, no see, Silvaria."

════════════════════════════════════════════════
Feeling: Upset, Conflicted, Trying to keep a level head. Wearing: What you see.

User Image
User Image
After a relaxed evening, Silvaria felt refreshed and decided to optimistically explore town again. Sometime after her birthday dinner, just as she was about to head in, the young witch had been asked to do a quick interview for the city paper. Silvaria reluctantly agreed of course, knowing she had nothing to lose.

Presently, Silvaria managed to wander into the abandoned gardens. Snow covered everything - even the vandalized concrete. So it wasn't a surprise that the garden was beautiful to the young witch in it's current state. This place is lovely, but it feels so wrong to be here on my own... Why am I feeling like this? I'm usually so used to the solitude. Her mind began to drift to Liev. The young witch hoped she made a good first impression.

"Gah, why did I have to act so anxious?" She thought aloud to herself. Then she appeared wistful as she looked at the dead-looking plants peering through the snow. "Maybe one day, someone will take care of this place better than I can."
With this, Silvaria took out her spell-book and climbed onto a nearby railing. She muttered something an untrained ear would not be able to understand. The snow in the areas plants were supposed to grow started to change shape - eventually forming into the shape of perfectly sculpted lilies. "That'll do for now." Silvaria added to herself, looking much less wistful. Since the young witch was so focused on the spell, she didn't hear her brother's footsteps.

Still sitting on the yellow railing, as if surveying the lilies like her subjects, The young witch's eyes peered down at the color red that stuck out in a sea of white. Standing on the concrete landing below, Agni was looking up at her - holding what she assumed was a copy of the newspaper.

"Well, what do we have here? Long time, no see, Silvaria." She heard.

"Agni! Uh-" Silvaria looked up from the paper he was holding and managed to make eye-contact. His angered appearance caused Silvaria to narrow her eyes. "I can assure you, the contents in that paper are not what they seem. I hope you didn't dare come all this way just over a bunch of gossip. I needed to find some way to introduce myself to everyone!"

Feeling: Uneasy Wearing: What you see.

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hope the kind

Vice Captain

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm
Aaron Shusona

User Image

User Image

Today was just something else. No, it needed to go further than that. It had to do as a result of last night. Oh boy, that was a night the young magician wasn't going to forget anytime soon. So what exactly happened last night?

Aaron had been talking to a fellow entertainer in the city, it felt like it had been some time since he conversed with someone who was working out in the streets and trying to make ends meet. Their conversation had come to a standstill, nothing seemed to progress when their winged companion was thinking about a place to grab a bite to eat. A small vibration rang in his pocket, signaling that someone was trying to grab his attention. Honestly thinking that it was his manager, the entertainer was tempted to ignore it. Now, that would have made him look like a terrible person towards a stranger he was getting acquainted with, so he excused himself.

Looking at the caller ID, it was a bit odd to receive a call from them. Picking up their device, the words that came out of the other end of their cell was cryptic and surprising. Something about sending a letter to their cousin, with some strings attached to it. The request was something out of the blue but he complied. It seemed harmless, and it would get the other person off their back. When it was done it seemed that the person wasn't quite done with them yet. They mentioned something about not being able to attend a weekly gathering, a game of sorts. So they requested the man to go in their stead. Aaron was tempting to not go as it could be a ploy to throw him in disarray. The more the other person on the line talked, the more the silver raven felt that this game had less to do with any Shusona business. Only when did he promise to go to such an event that the call ended.

More could be said about what happened yesterday but that was something being jotted down in his journal. Today, yeah today was a real punch to the gut. How was it possible to get infatuated with a man overnight? It wasn't intentional, but it happened when he slept and spent time with them. ’This is really quick for you man, but I couldn't help myself. Seeing his flushed face...and he has a pretty thin frame like a girl's. Get it together! He just wants to be ********> Breathing in and out with slow batted breaths, he had to put that behind him. Cause honestly, it felt like he was rejected and that wasn't sitting right with him. That disgusting feeling was swirling around and he needed a distraction.

As much as he didn't like the means that got him out of the house, Aaron was on their way to do a modeling gig, hence a distraction. He didn't like those kinds of things though, where he had to pose and observe people's serious expressions. Following specific instructions in order to sell a product, that kind of job was rather.....sad. The magician wanted to see smiles, but the serious looks at the photo shoots weren't the kind of facial feature he wanted to see. Hardly anyone seemed to smile at these things, including himself.

Maybe today had a different story in mind for him. Honestly, he was traveling on the longest route so that they could delay the inevitable. That brought him out in the city's outskirts. Hands stuffed in pockets, their walk displayed an unwillingness to go off to their destination. With a mind in the clouds, it got interrupted by something in the air. Well, to be more precise it was something that his senses picked up. ’Woah! You can feel the negative energy!’

Aaron didn't have the capability of sensing nor manipulating emotions. The only reason why they were able to pick up something was due to the magical energy that was imbued in it. Whether it was intentional or not, it got the man's attention. ’This beats getting threatened to go towards that gig. Heh, at least I can give a legit excuse to my manager.’ Now the magician found a reason to have a smile back on his face. Their body went racing towards the origin of this negative energy, and hopefully towards a distraction.

Arriving at the scene, well it didn't seem like much was going on. Steel-blue orbs took note of a familiar face. It was the female that his cousin interviewed, and based on what was written, then she was an Ice Magic Manipulator. The male next to her was unfamiliar but that was where the magic was oozing out. Things seemed a bit tense between the two, and the nature of why things were as they were was unknown to him. Looking downward, it was hard to distinguish what was happening.

The real question is if he should intervene. Aaron didn't know the guy but it was clear that the redhead was angry, at least based on the magic they leaked out. Now, judging from his appearance he seemed fairly young. How good were they at capping their emotions? ’Do I take the risk and watch it play out? Or should I play a different card.’ It was a bit hard to say since they were both strangers, well one was less of a stranger but Aaron didn't talk to either one of them before. For now, he would watch and jump in if things got heated.

User Image

This is...why if I had to put it into words then I’m feeling.... My intentions aren’t pure so please forgive me

My audience is... Silvaria and an unknown dude

My flashy attire consists of.... What you see~

▫Energy Levels: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ->100%

[O.O.C=]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:38 pm
User Image
Hope the kind

User Image
Agni's eyes narrowed back. They had a slight red-orange glow to them. "Really? To me, it sounded like a cry for help! Do you see any other fire-users in this city!?" He growled. Before Silvaria would answer, the young wizard would continue. "Well, now that you've introduced yourself, it'll be impossible for me to tell them I'm not some heartless monster! Gah, Don't you even care!? " By now, the snow around Agni had melted - starting to threaten the nearby lilies made of snow Silvaria made.

The phrase; "Really, Agni, this fit you're having is ridiculous.." really made the young wizard furious.

The rest of Silvaria's first response only made Agni even more frustrated. Silvaria! This isn't a fit, okay!? I'm not a kid anymore! Agni would feel burning embers escape from his palms. At least, that's what it felt like. "Don't you remember Sunil? Our brother! He's cursed!" Agni shouted. "Don't you even care?!" with all he magic surging through him, he was forced to cast something.

Flames danced around his hand, forming an orb that shot at the snow-lilies like a canon. There was no intent to hurt his sister, or else he would have aimed his hand at her. Although, he wasn't quick enough to pick a different location, and the lilies Silvaria created had melted. The glow of Agni's markings died down a little.

In response to this, a lot of questions were expected from his sister. "Is this a threat?"

"We're rivals now." Agni let out a bitter chuckle. "Look at you. Only worried for yourself, and not the person that needs help? Classic, cold Silvaria.. You got the job at the library, too, didn't you?" As he asked this, he placed his index finger on the sharp end of the ice shard she conjured in an attempt to point it away from him.

Feeling: Conflicted, Furious Wearing: What you see.

User Image
User Image
In response, Silvaria kept her eyes narrowed. Even if she feared the possibility of Agni coming to Fantaisie, the young witch wasn't going to show signs of fear in front of him. In this moment, the young witch felt a little guilty. It would be easy for the townspeople to find out Silvaria was referring to Agni in the newspaper. Compared to the petite young witch, Agni was taller and likely the more intimidating of the siblings without the help of what a newspaper said about them. "Really, Agni, this fit you're having is ridiculous. You're going to get yourself into trouble, and I don't want to spend my first earnings trying to bail you out." She said.

"Don't you remember Sunil? Our brother! He's cursed!"

"W-what..?" The young witch was in denial. "What do you mean by cursed, Agni? And why wait until-" Unfortunately, Silvaria was interrupted by Agni's show of rage. He blasted a fireball towards her masterpiece, and melting it. "Is this a threat?" Silvaria pulled out her spellbook and used a spell to manipulate some nearby ice and snow into a sharp, compact ice crystal.

"Look at you. Only worried for yourself, and not the person that needs help? Classic, cold Silvaria.. You got the job at the library, too, didn't you?" The young witch heard her brother say.

"Of course I did. " If her eyes were no longer narrowed in frustration, they were again. "I needed to make ends meet somehow. I had no other choice!" She tried to explain. Knowing the argument was going nowhere, Silvaria hoped her brother would stop. By now, her markings had probably started to glow cyan through her shirt.

Feeling: Uneasy, Frustrated Wearing: What you see.

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hope the kind

Vice Captain

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:20 am
Aaron Shusona

User Image

User Image

A lot was happening with this exchange. It seemed like the redhead was a bit heated, but it looked like it was for some legit reasons. ’Seems like the kind of guy who uses his brain. You gotta wonder what happened between these two. They sure aren't strangers.’ Aaron shifted his gaze towards the silver-haired woman. Concentrating on her energy and then the male's, there was a link present. The way their magic pulsated and intertwined with each other gave the silver raven his answer. ’Siblings? Well, that sure makes sense.’ The scene before him was slowly making sense, at least in terms of explaining the guy's anger.

Scorching red marks were visible from where he stood, the magic ebbed out of them. Clearly, the male needed an outlet as a red ball of magic was formed and shot at the ice lillies nearby. It was a shame to see such pretty things melt, but it was better than to see someone become injured. ’Things are getting heated, I wonder if this is when a stranger intervenes?’ Aaron still had some hesitation about intervening in a sibling fight. Granted, there was no one nearby but themselves to get hurt. The Shusona was a decent distance to do something to stop or ignore them.

Now the other was starting to glow. The magic that was running in the sibling's bodies was something Aaron didn't want to take any chances with.’Δεσμεύστε τους' Concentrating on the ground below each Raven, vines of magical energy began to appear. These vines were of a pure magical essence that came in a rainbow of colors. They collected and wrapped around each of the siblings, keeping them bound to restrict movement. Of course, it was not meant to hurt anyone.

In a puff of smoke, Aaron disappeared from his safe spot and appeared in the middle between the two. A dazzling smile was on his face, hands on hips as he looked between the two. ”So....I hope you don't mind me popping in~ Sorry, you two are practically oozing out magical energy and I didn't want anyone to get hurt.” The magician clapped his hands together. ”Can we call a truce?”

User Image

This is...why if I had to put it into words then I’m feeling.... So….I think I might be over my head here….

My audience is... Silvaria and an unknown dude

▫Energy Levels: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ->99%

[O.O.C=]

SapphireUmbra

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:18 pm
User Image
Hope the kind

User Image
Agni glared at Silvaria "Really? No other choice?" He snapped. Before either of them could say much more, Agni heard some strange wording. It might've been a spell, but it certainly wasn't anything he heard before. "Silvaria! What gives!?"
He yelled, as a strange magic wrapped around him. Agni didn't see her mouth move.. More importantly, the magical cords wrapped around Silvaria as well.

The young wizard squinted at the smoke that filled the air. He knew Silvaria was probably scared out of her wits right now. That is until another man joined in. 'Who the h*ll is this? He thought. 'She landed herself a job, and a newspaper article. Did she get herself a boyfriend too?'

"Oozing? That's a strange choice of words.." Agni remarked, wondering how this man knew they were magic. "Do you have a soft spot for Silvaria or something?" He asked.

"Uh, Sorry. You'll have to excuse my brother." Agni heard.

"Gah, seriously! I'm not a child anymore. Stop acting like I'm the only one in time-out. You're stuck, too." He grumbled, trying to break free, even burn the restraints off if he could. However, the young wizard was failing so far. At the mention of a truce, Agni laughed. "Oh, no. In her eyes, I'm her rival. I'd go home, but I have books to gather."

Feeling: Conflicted, Furious Wearing: What you see.
Location: Abandoned Gardens Company: Silvaria, Silvaria's Boyfriend?

User Image
User Image
Silvaria's expression never faltered. Her eyes were narrowed, and she was definitely tense if not terrified. However, the young witch's efforts to hide her fears slowly faded as magic began to wrap around her, too. "W-what? What is this!?" She exclaimed, terrified that Agni had the patience to learn something other than fire. Was this the end of the road for her? No. ..Hopefully.

Silvaria jumped a bit as a puff of smoke filled the air. Her thoughts were still on Agni until another joined in. He looked young, but his silver hair confused her a little. 'A curious fellow. I wonder if his hair is dyed.. She thought.

"Uh, Sorry. You'll have to excuse my brother." Silvaria said. More than anything, she wanted to be reunited with her family and be the witch she always wanted to be.. However, given the circumstances, a truce was impossible. "A truce?" The young witch sighed. "If I could, I would." She spoke, starting to shrug, but the restraints prevented her.

"Oh, no. In her eyes, I'm her rival. I'd go home, but I have books to gather."

In response Silvaria groaned, not even trying to pry herself free. "You know it's not like that, Agni. Just calm down so we can go about our day. Seriously.. " The young witch held her head low, looking at the ground. Due to her brother's handiwork, any remaining snow where they stood was pretty slushy.

Feeling: Surprised, Frustrated Wearing: What you see.

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hope the kind

Vice Captain

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 am
Aaron Shusona

User Image

User Image

The man responded in a hot-headed manner, something the magician anticipated when he sprung their magic. From the way Aaron made his smokey entrance, perhaps it had caught the redhead's attention. It was either that or the vines that had ensnared the two. The Shusona would rather believe that it was his magnificent and surprising arrival than the magical vinces that kept the Ravens bound. But that wasn't the point, there was no time for him to relish in the spotlight. A comment was given towards the silver-haired man's wording. ”I'm not sure how else to phrase it.” A finger was pressed underneath their chin to elicit the notion that they were in thought. ”Both of you are spilling magical energy from those marks on your bodies.”

Steel-blues gazed at both the marks that were lit on their bodies. They weren't your usual tattoo. The intricate patterns carried a magical flow to them. Now that he was fairly close to the two, he was certain that the tattoos were magical in nature. Their glow could tell any passersby that the designs were different from anything you could get in your everyday tattoo parlor.

The intensity that these marks emitted told the entertainer of another matter entirely. ’How much control do they have over their magic? You'd think they'd be pretty young fledglings if they don't have control over their emotions. Do they have no idea how dangerous it is to be spilling that kind of energy?’ His thoughts led him to be quite concerned about these strangers. There was already news that there were some shady groups in the city. Who knows, it was possible that they could target inexperienced magic folk.

The tapping on their chin came to a pause, eyes widened in surprise by what the young man had to say. Aaron's gaze went over to the girl momentarily and then back to the man. ’Soft spot? What does he think I am? I'm not her......OH!’ It was like a little light bulb had popped out of his head. Actually, an image of a lightbulb did pop out of his head as the magician came to a realization. Their smile spread into a thin smile in response to finding a cute little secret. His index finger was placed on his lip as he winked playfully at the redhead. ”I have a soft spot for anyone that practices the magical arts.”

The girl, on the other hand, was far calmer about being ensnared in his magical vines. Silvaria spoke in a tone of voice that contrasted against her hot-tempered brother. Still, it wasn't like the silver-haired's fears weren't registered. They were both right to be cautious, neither of them didn't know what was in store. Aaron didn't want to leave a poor impression on the two even while they continued to argue.

The siblings' interaction left much to be desired. Aaron had no means of discerning what they were talking about, he was the one that walked right into their fight. It looked like he needed to change hats for this kind of situation. ”Seems like we need a little chat, a heart-to-heart.” With a snap of his fingers the vines transformed into a chair, a white cloud shrouded the young Shusona. While being encased with a thick coverage that made it impossible to see what was happening inside, the chairs gravitated towards the entertainer quite quickly.

”The Doctor is in!” When the cloud dispersed as a result of the chair's momentum, it revealed that the man no longer adorned their previous outfit. Now Aaron looked, very much, what one would think a typical medical physician would appear as. The silver man was seated on his own chair as he looked at the two siblings. ”I'm sensing some tension between the two of you.” A pen and clipboard with paper was manifested from thin air. He began to jot down his findings of the two. ”Oh! I know what to call the young lady but I'm not sure what you're name is.” The tone in his voice sounded very close to what a professional may sound like. Even their expression seemed mature and concentrated on the task at hand. ”I'm Aaron Shusona. Although I wish we met in better circumstances, it is nice to meet another magic wielder.” A hand was held out to the other male as the pen floated in the air. Waiting for their hand to be shaken, he then proceeded to shake the other Raven's hand if allowed.

User Image

This is...why if I had to put it into words then I’m feeling.... Didn’t think I’d pull out this outfit so soon

My audience is... Silvaria and her brother

▫Energy Levels: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ->98%

[O.O.C=]

SapphireUmbra

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

۵ City Outskirts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash