Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2019)
[H] mythological irony Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:26 pm

User Image

User Image User Image
Event Deadline: (UTC-5) 11:59 pm EST

Your Timezone Deadline:
(UTC-5) SAME day 11:59 PM

📌 Be sure to post in the main thread too! ❤
Please do not quote anyone into this place!
Click the banner to go back to the main thread~

User Image

User Image

Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
Here's some highlights:
One post per day
Label your days
Spoil all bugs-related subjects

Use this format when posting~
Comment is optional

[b]Day # [/b]
[u]Theme[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]:

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm
Day # 1
Theme: space

User Image

and a story:

I didn’t know how I’d ended up here. Or where here even was. I wanted to call it a void but it wasn’t empty; it just felt empty. In truth, I appeared to be drifting through the night sky--thousands of stars encircling me, but the light of the stars disappeared before it could touch me. A darkness tightened around me, choking.

With increasing effort, I twisted around in the emptiness, searching for something, anything, to cling to, to tether me to reality.

In the distance I could see a planet amidst the stars; its surface was black and an asteroid belt circled its circumference.

I didn’t know where the knowledge came from but I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that this planet had once been filled with life, but something had sucked it all away. And now it was dead.

“Master.”

I turned--with difficulty, as I tried to make sense of the way my body worked in this not-void. Alios stood a short distance away, somehow unaffected by the weightlessness that left me drifting a little a bit to the right after turning. The demon was shrouded in shadow--apparently the starlight couldn’t reach him either.

“Where are we?” I asked.

Alios walked forward until he stood directly in front of me, and I felt a startled gasp rise up in my throat before I choked it back. Despite the darkness, I could see that Alios had regained his demon eyes, at least in this place outside of reality. The human eyes that he’d been forced to take were gone, and the abnormality of what I saw now left me feeling slightly sick.

The demon looked pointedly over my shoulder and I turned to follow his gaze, back toward the dead planet.

“That was once my home,” he said.

“What happened to it?” I asked, feeling a spark of pity flare up inside me. I had never given much thought to Alios’s past, and it had certainly never occurred to me that his home might have been destroyed.

Alios gave a dry chuckle. “We destroyed.”

I turned to him, surprised and appalled. “You destroyed it?”

“Yes. And the other demons.” His lips twisted into a sneer. “We’ve never been good with sharing, so we destroyed what he couldn’t keep for ourselves until there was nothing left.”

His attention turned to me, and his face was filled with contempt--the contempt that always stained his face when he would tell me that he didn’t hate me. I didn’t think he knew how much his face was giving away when he lied me. Or maybe he did and he simply knew I wouldn’t do anything about it.

“If your ancient mages hadn’t enslaved us,” Alios continued, “your planet would have had the same fate as mine.”

I swallowed hard. I knew that he was baiting me; he wanted me to lash out. I knew this but still found myself getting increasingly angry at his words. I had defended him and helped him when no one else would. I had given as much freedom as I could offer and sought a way to free him entirely, and he tells me that he would have destroyed my planet without a hint of remorse, except maybe for himself.

I ground my teeth together and looked away from him.

“Don’t get angry, master,” the demon said, his voice lulling as his arms wrapped around me and he pulled me against his chest. I didn’t know when this had started but at some point Alios had gotten it in his mind to imitate human gestures of comfort. I guess he didn’t realize how unnerving it was for him to do it--like a python trying to comfort its prey.

“Why are we here?” I asked and twisted out of his hold. The emptiness around me threatened to suck me away, but I held myself where I was--I didn’t know what would happen to me if I let myself drift off into the stars or toward that planet.

Half of Alios’s face was covered in a deep shadow, making him look even more intimidating that normal, like a nightmare crawling out of the depths of hell. The smile he wore only made things worse, and I couldn’t help but shiver.

“What am I to do with you, master?” Alios said, the contempt on his face again. “You’re the one who brought us here.”

I stared at him for a moment and then shook my head. I didn’t even know where we were because even though it had the appearance of space, it was clearly something else entirely--some other plane of reality.

The demon sneered at me. “If you took the time to actually learn what you could do with the curse, things like this wouldn’t happen.” He casually walked around me, like a vulture circling, hungry. “This is simply a means of travel.”

He waved his hand toward the planet and suddenly we were hurtling toward it. I felt my stomach rise up and I almost threw up, but Alios’s hand on my arm settled me and soon we had come to a stop on the surface of the planet, which was just as dead-looking as it had seemed from in space.

Alios stood behind me and placed his hand flat against my back. He leaned over me until his mouth was next to my ear.

“No human has ever stepped foot here before,” he said, his breath tickling my ear. I wanted to scratch it but I was also frozen in place. “You’ll be the first.”

With that he pushed me forward. I stumbled and felt strong winds rush around me and then the weightlessness of the not-void disappeared and gravity hit me hard. I landed on my hands and knees against the black rock and sucked in a startled breath at the pain that lanced through me--only to realize in horror that I couldn’t breath.

I cast a terrified glance behind me to find Alios staring off into the distance. There was a bemused look on his face. I struggled to get to my feet but fell again, so instead I crawled toward the demon until I reached his feat. He looked down at me, the bemusement turning into a look of pure delight, and I realized with horror that he intended to let me die.

I was going to die.

Alios knelt down in front of me and took my face in his hands.

“This is a nice look for you,” he said. “Lying at my feet. Desperate. Dying. But don’t fear.”

He pulled me up, and I slumped against his chest, dizzy and weak as the lack of oxygen took its toll on my body.

“Don’t fear,” Alios said again, and the wind rushed around me again until suddenly I could breathe once more.

When I had the strength to pull my face away from the demon’s chest, I realized we were back in the not-void, the stars all around us, but the planet had disappeared from sight.

Furious, I pushed the demon away from me, and when he started laughing, I realized this had all been a part of his baiting. Of course, he hadn’t been intending to kill me. Now that I could actually breathe, I knew there was no way he’d risk his freedom by killing me; he’d made it clear that I was the only human that would ever be stupid enough to help him.

Stupid. Yeah, that was certainly the word for it. It was stupid to help a demon. Everyone knew that. I knew that, right? So what did I hope to gain? Maybe Alios was right, and I was simply doing it to prove him wrong and to give myself a sense of self-importance.

Because I knew nothing good could possibly come from freeing the demon. He’d made it abundantly clear that he hated humans, including me, and if he were free, what would stop him from killing everyone?

Comments: I wasn't trying to be ambitious or anything and I'll probably never do more than one thing for a day again, but last year I had planned to do as much writing as possible for the event and then one of the first themes was "night." So I had to draw Jata and everything went to s**t after that. So I decided this year I would try to do what I meant to do last year and then one of the first themes was "space." So I had to draw Jata. But I didn't crap out on my plan this time. XD  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:18 pm
Day # 2
Theme: ocean

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:02 pm
Day # 3
Theme: monochrome pink

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm
Day # 4
Theme: iridescence

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:30 pm
Day # 5
Theme: shadows

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm
Day # 6
Theme: color palette

User Image

Comments: Just a wip because my art program crapped out on me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Posting error: Main thread post; Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:33 pm

Day # 7
Theme: create a character with a quirk

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Day # 8
Theme:splash of color

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm
Day # 9
Theme: crown

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:08 pm
Day # 10
Theme: finish/improve (day 7)

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:29 pm
Day # 11
Theme: color palette

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:46 pm
Day # 12
Theme: spirit challenge part 1

User Image

Lineart:
User Image

User Image

Lineart:
User Image

Comments: Holy crap. I spent way too much time on these, and I am like 120% dead right now. emotion_skull

Also, guys are really, really hard to draw.

Anyway, for the first one, she can literally wear whatever. Technically, she's from a high fantasy universe but I don't mind seeing her in modern clothes either.

For the second one, he tends to wear very loose, drapey clothes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:49 pm
Day # 13
Theme: spirit challenge part 2

User Image

User Image

User Image

Comments: Ugh. I'm sorry these outfits are so awful looking. I have a migraine and the pen pressure for my tablet wasn't working and I couldn't figure it out so the lines are god awful. emotion_facepalm  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:21 pm
Day # 14
Theme: moon

User Image

Comments: My head still hurts so I'll leave this like it is for tonight.  
100 Days Event (2019)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff