Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2019)
[E] Ishnia Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:41 pm

User Image

User Image User Image
Event Deadline: (UTC-5) 11:59 pm EST

Your Timezone Deadline:
(UTC-6) SAME day 10:59 PM

📌 Be sure to post in the main thread too!
Please do not quote anyone into this place!
Click the banner to go back to the main thread~

User Image

User Image

Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
Here's some highlights:
One post per day
Label your days
Spoil all bugs-related subjects

Use this format when posting~
Comment is optional

[b]Day # [/b]
[u]Theme[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]:

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 pm
        Day 1
        Theme: Say Hello!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: a freeb! bomb bat boy giving his greetings before blowing stuff up!
        have a lot of stuff to say about it, but i gotta work on not puttin myself down LOL

well, let's just say the goal for this year is to step a bit outta my comfort zone! work on things i need to improve and such. we'll see.

comments will be cut a bit for the main thread, since i feel more comfortable talking about things here LOL (also last year i never posted my art in the main thread, so i guess this is already an improvement? hmm)

okay so yeah "widen my horizons or smth" bonus attempt at a quick typography thing for whoever is checkin out my thread. for some reason?
        did i try really hard? admittedly, no. but i gotta take small steps or else im going to lose all motivation so!! it's a start and i should be proud of that even tho i feel like i could have done better?

pardon the language but dammit ____ if ur gonna try harder actually try harder!!
        or smth along those lines so i inked it a bit and added more to the background. can't say i like the end result?? but at least i tried to do more

Ishnia

Huntress

Ishnia

Huntress

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:46 pm
        Day 2
        Theme: Hellhound

User Image

Comments: tried to do a "wolf study" bc i can't draw animals but i don't know what studies are LOL

then added hellhound designs for the theme, but turns out i also don't know how to design stuff LOL but it was fun c:

if hellhound doesn't work for the theme i guess "contrast" could? since red v blue man idk anything

bonus original wolf things. only the ones that turned out okay are shown sighs

User Image

god all i can say is at least i tried to draw animals instead of my usual human stuff?? it's a step towards the right direction, but i was getting real frustrated near the end at how bad i was doing LOL

i just need to be more patient, and draw more. i just. god.
        i'm working on it HAHA

the first one was p heavily inspired by okami! since i recently just finished a playthrough of that. i miss videogames adkjlfs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm
        Day 3
        Theme: Countryside

User Image

Comments: i rarely get to do backgrounds, so this was a treat.
        my neighbor totoro screencap redraw! wonky perspective tho urg

i wanna add more detail, ink, and then use some watercolors later?
        for now here's this messy sketch :/
        even tho im only takin 19 hours this semester im still struggling w time management HAHA

throwing the screenshot here but don't look to close because i messed up everything!!!

User Image

spent quite a bit of time but it still looks so simple?? man idk. at least i got to listen to the botw ost while drawing *v*

i actually have another screencap redraw but only w the blue sketch done, so you can't really see anything.
        i'd like to also make it into a full piece, but who knows if i'll have the time!!!

unrelated but long story short my roommate went to bed at 9 today and i don't have a lamp so i had to go to the common area to draw HAHA god im so tired

Ishnia

Huntress

Ishnia

Huntress

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:04 pm
        Day 4
        Theme: Weekly Theme - Gestures

User Image

Comments: none of the other themes caught my eye, so here it is.
        do i like it? not really!! am i glad i tried gesture drawing? maybe!!

this was super frustrating LOL went through two other pages of mess ups before finally being okay w these haha god drawing is hard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 pm
        Day 5
        Theme: Steampunk, (Medium: Marker)

User Image

Comments: b-52 from food fantasy! i don't go here anymore but he was my one and only ur for the 2 weeks i played c:

his design is so complicated wtf probably messed up like 50 things ;;
        placeholder for now, since i plan on going back and inking + coloring this
        but knowing me im going to run outta time or motivation and just die :')

Ishnia

Huntress

Ishnia

Huntress

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:51 pm
        Day 6
        Theme: Chaos

User Image

Comments: chaos from xenosaga....im love him
        i love this series with my whole heart and i wish that it got the 6 games it deserved!!!

forgot my art supplies at school so :') i used :') sharpie :')
        i mean not a bad medium but i can't stand the smell HAHA

edit: i just realized that the picture quality sucked LOL so i edited it a bit

was originally going to have him wear a symbolic flower crown (low key for the meadow theme LOL)
        but i forgot c:

hopefully if i get a chance to go back and color it? digitalize it? then i can add in a flower crown~
        honestly tho gave up on the whole challenging myself mentality LOL took less than a week i hate myself sometimes

uheraadjfslk i was also considering just not posting this and being demoted to easy mode HAHA but yeah i can't disappoint myself that much so i guess i keep on truckin along

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:11 pm
        Day 7
        Theme: Dazzle

User Image

Comments: was considering trying to doodle, but nah
        decided to draw a freeb instead, again w/ the whole not challenging myself!

but i did try to do some crappy digital editing for the glow-y effect HAHA
        oh well

ehh pretty frustrating, as usual? just. so many mistakes, yanno?
        i feel like i haven't improved at all in the last ~4 years rip

and most of the time drawing isn't even fun anymore LOL
        maybe it's time to move on to some of my other hobbies?

well, it'd be a pity to give up now, i suppose.

these comments have turned into like? a vent thread HAHAHA

Ishnia

Huntress

Ishnia

Huntress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:43 pm
        Day 8
        Theme: Flower

User Image

Comments: silent princess from botw,,,still can't get over how beautiful and well made the game is
        i don't know how any game i play from now on is ever going to compare LOL

uhhh spent half an hour on an earlier version and it looked bad! so take this "crayon" sketch that took 1/3 the time but looks way better

since i drew both it should still count as the time limit right haha ajdsksfdfa
        User Image
        i mean?? at least i tried digital this time LOL

someday i'll actually try watercolor or smth but i'll need to mess up so much before getting used to the medium and i hate that!!!
        unrelated but i went to look at my 2018 thread for this event and? man i was somehow so much more positive then HAHA what happened man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:58 pm
        Day 9
        Theme: Art Collector's Request

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Comments: whooo
        feelin a bit nostalgic today.

went through an old thread where i drew with people and was in general more "present" on gaia, and i really miss that. what was it, 4, 5 years ago?

i...really miss them. i hope they're doing okay?

i feel like the same person as i was then, but looking at the way i typed? first of all i was in my weeb phase HAHA (tho honestly when am i not) but really, i was so full of joy at everything lmaooo

i dunno. i could use that kind of openness and kindness and general excitability in my life right now. even if it isn't seen as a cool thing to be?

my art probably improved the most then--when i was actually enjoying the process (and result!) of drawing. like, there were some really wonky lookin stuff, but just reading my replies to those people...made me feel like my art back then was so much better.

ofc there's that whole jeremiad thing and everything seems better in the past and all so i don't wanna be sucked into nostalgia n all. but sometimes it's nice to reflect, yeah?

realistically by the of that thread, i remember comparing my art to artists younger/better/brighter than me and just feeling so....drained? defeated? even though i was having so much fun, suddenly it just felt so pointless to draw. but for a bit, yeah. i thought that i could be happy just staying there, staying up until the ungodly hours of the mornings and just. drawing. with them.

i certainly prefer the silence of my room more than anything else now...

kinda unrelated but i just finished re-watching cardcaptor sakura, and wow. that show was just so charming, and i really missed that part of my life. innocent, but still understanding stuff. i dunnnoaioooaoiaod;dssaaaahhhh

the safety of online anonymity~

anywayy some of those themes were pretty inspiring, but i'm not really feeling it (shulk!!) so i just drew a collector request c:

i hope they like it lmaooooo

Ishnia

Huntress

Ishnia

Huntress

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:18 pm
        Day 10
        Theme: San Francisco

User Image

Comments: uhh inspired by the japanese gardens in san francisco!
        but mostly from memory, so tbh probably looks like chinese architecture uh ???

well not much to say, super busy day and almost forgot about this.
        gotta shut up about the negative stuff unless it gets real bad lmao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm
        Day 11
        Theme: Weekly Theme - Silhouettes

User Image

Comments: "Make Characters So Anybody Can Tell Who They Are by Just Their Silhouettes" gintama!!!!

well i had no idea what i was doing but it was an interesting experience
        edit: just noticed some weird shadow on the page left from my bad picture taking skills! edited so it looks more "scanned"
        THIS IS UNRELATED TO ART SO I THINK IT'S OKAY TO RANT A BIT HAHA

so i was volunteering, and once i finished i was filling out some forms, and suddenly? like, writing became really hard? it took a lot of mental effort to just, move my arm and spell out words. as if i had just worked out for a few hours, and my arm was sore (but it wasn't sore, just...really heavy.).

and then i stood up and felt as if my legs were going to give out?? walking was hard and i was sweating a lot and kinda dizzy but man idk i couldn't tell anyone since i feel like they'd make fun of me or act like i was fakin it but im just so fuzzy rn

even typin this out my hands were kinda shaky and weird maybe i should take a nap

i hope i'm not getting sick :/

Ishnia

Huntress

Ishnia

Huntress

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:13 pm
        Day 12
        Theme: Spirit Challenge (Part 1)

click here for fullsize!
        demon boy is usually dressed in a fancy butler-like outfit.
        definitely likes darker/muted colors and looking nice (think high fashion, suits, runway outfits)!
        but seeing him in more modern/casual/street clothes would be fun too c:

User Image

Comments: didn't try the spirit challenge last year, so i decided just to say screw it and join LOL
        i'm uh, not too used to drawing shirtless people so pardon the bad anatomy lmao
        last year i was too scared that people wouldn't like what i drew for them (or wouldn't draw mine bc it was too bad?) so didn't join!!
        this year i figured if something bad happens i can just cry it out so it's okay hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:51 pm
        Day 13
        Theme: Spirit Challenge (Part 2)

User Image
        User Image
        User Image
        Comments: spent the first half of the day volunteering, and the second half at a school event
        ...didn't have too much time to draw ;;
        so sorry that it looks sloppy/rushed, i tried my best ;;

uhahosd my fingers hurt i need to get a stylus LOL
        forgot to add my usual extra comment! i guess this would be the chance for me to add my signature, but i'm super burnt out and ready to go to bed
        (expect, well, homework and school is always first...)

i guess...i had fun? thinking up outfits was pretty challenging, since design isn't my strong point (admittedly, art isn't my strong point) but, it was a good change of pace.

still, i think my own expectations were too high

so gonna cry !
        might not
        try the spirit challenge
        next time

Ishnia

Huntress

Ishnia

Huntress

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:05 pm
        Day 14
        Theme: Raven