Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2019)
[E] Starrii Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 pm
Day #15
Theme: cafe

User Image
User Image

Mornings were the hardest.

Tokyo was a city that never slept, people stacked so high one on top of the other that you could hardly see the city between their shoving bodies. Every year a new young gaggle of hopefuls stepped foot off the train platforms to flood its core, lured in by movies and song lyrics and pastel palette animes, ready to begin anew. In Izuku’s experience, they only replenished the gaps left by the grey suited ghosts that had already given up, prowling through the dim underbelly of the city in a foggy daze—pachinko vouchers held tightly in one fist like a lifeline, cheap 7-11 beer and canned coffee in the other.

It wasn’t like Izuku didn’t understand. Maybe if he had been brought up somewhere else, in a house with eaves and a garden, like the little homestead his mother had grown up in. But he had been born in Tokyo, couldn’t sleep without the sound of its traffic fifteen floors down from his open window lulling him to his dreams, the sky outside a milky white from a billion shining lights diffusing through the smog. There had been that half year he had spent going to school in a small town of four thousand, and rather than enjoying the idyllic green grass and morning birdsong, he had spent most of it wrecked by anxiety from the lack of people, lack of anonymity.

The little coffee shop had been his dad’s idea, before he had finally left for good. It would be a good way to keep some stability, he had reasoned to a reluctant Inko, some small guarantee that their live savings wouldn’t be squandered away by the whim of the stock market. They poured everything into it, not that Inko had planned to wager things like family heirlooms and Izuku’s future on essentially a glorified Starbucks—but what was she to do when the furnace sputtered one last time, or the machine wasn’t working—their rent dependent on every cup sold, every pastry baked?

Comments: art block continues

sketches don't turn out right, writing seems forced and strange. Just posted a bunch of failed attempts at the theme today. I'll finish one of them on of the the makeup days I think.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 pm
Day #16
Theme: treasure

User Image
Comments:
aka serenity!deku  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:56 pm
Day #17
Theme: colour palette/destiny

User Image

"The superior tactic is to never give up."
"Any last words? Ha! No, just die."

Comments: ok so who here likes a) bakudeku b) league of legends

because if you like both think hard about this and then tell me it isn't the SINGULARLY MOST ACCURATE portrayal ever.

I showed my league friend this and they were like, wtf their personalities are EXACTLY the sAME zzzz

tl;dr deku is just sg!lux & bakugou is sg!jinx and no one can tell me otherwise  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:12 pm
Day #18
Theme: spirit challenge!

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Comments: YAY I DID IT  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:13 pm
Day #19
Theme: spirit challenge!

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Comments: repost since i did all my art on the first day :>  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:10 pm
Day #20
Theme: improve on earlier work

User Image

User Image

Comments: I know this doesn't seem like it, but it is an improvement on this piece lol. I've been struggling with her character because I just... couldn't draw it right for some reason.

Anyways, proves to me that art block is a real thing. looks like I drew them two years apart when its been 5 days and I'm just in a better art mood. the spirit challenge really helped imo  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:44 am
Day #21
Theme: witchsona

User Image

Comments: happy with how it turned out, but will probably redo the background at some point  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 pm
Day #22
Theme: monochrome blue

User Image  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:53 pm
Day #23
Theme: mirror

User Image
Comments: had a very specific look i wanted to go for and no matter how many sketches it didn't look right, this came the closest. will probably revisit on a improve/finish day  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 pm
Day #24
Theme: theme park

User Image

Comments: Theme parks will always make me think of Tropical Land (especially since Movie 10 is my favourite conan movie ever)—another Conan reference! Except this time it's Ran Mouri's iconic outfit in episode 1, when Shinichi goes missing. I always wondered what it was like, when Shinichi ditched her and she felt, inexplicably, that it would be the last time she'd see him. Even though she was always cheerful and sweet I felt like her walk home, after being ditched by her friend and the boy that she liked and felt unexplained anxiety towards, must have been very lonely and sad. So I drew her like that~  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 pm

xoxoxo Day 25 xoxoxo

User Image

If you decide to draw for this day, please post your art below this message.
Thank you!

day 25 placeholder  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:26 pm
Day #26
Theme: bathhouse

User Image

Comments: one of my favourite things about the bath house is how iconic it is to see girls with wet hair and big floofy bathrobs sitting about on their phone.  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:40 pm
Day #27
Theme: intimidate

User Image
"Do you yield?"

"I'll ******** kill you!"

Izuku grimaced, thrusting One for All forward until the needle-sharp point rested in the hollow of Kacchan's throat, an unspoken threat. The blond laughed, throaty and low, and maybe it was Izuku's imagination or just a by-product of the raw ache of bone seated familiarity, but he could hear it clear as a city bell despite the howling wind that swirled around them.

"You gonna bring me to that b***h traitor ice king of yours?" Kacchan laughed, teeth bared. "Gonna string me up like a ******** pig, chop my head off and take Musutafu for the glory of Retsu and Midoriya? You stupid c**t, should've always known you were a little snake."

Izuku narrowed his eyes, gripping the hilt of One for All so hard that it hurt.

"That was never what we wanted, Kacchan."

Kacchan roared. "******** you! I'll ******** kill you!"

Comments: a part of my omegaverse ancient asia fantasy AU that will never see the light of day but, y'know, i still love and think about all the time

bonus:

He swore at first, thrashing against the stiff silk that bound his wrists, shoulders pulling taut and muscles straining as he threw himself repeatedly against the straw covered floor. The guards ignored it, their round helmets gleaming in the torchlight.

Izuku’s voice rose in tandem with his desperation, the words melting into an animalistic gibberish. A high pitched shriek eclipsed the crackled edge of his lips, the imminent death cries of a sow on the butcher’s block. Throat dry, hair matted with blood and mucus, he cried out until every minutia of his soul had bared itself, every wordless curse and terrible thought threaded into a howl so loud that it seemed to shake the foundation of the stone walls. He called out for Uraraka, for Iida, for Todoroki—but mostly, he called for Kacchan.

It persisted, relentless, drowning out the low moaning from the other inmates of this grim, damp place—or perhaps they had quieted, either out of fear or pity or respect, maybe even reluctant commiseration.

And then it halted as abruptly as it began, with him limp and broken on a cell floor sprinkled with rotting hay. It could have been hours, it could have been a single flicker of candlelight. Sobbing, he could only breath out indistinct whimpers, too exhausted to even open his eyes fully, his clumped lashes barring his vision in a cruel burlesque of the cage around him.

It was only then that Katsuki appeared before him, tall and regal with his clothing so blinding in the perpetual twilight of the stone fortress that Izuku could finally see him for who he was, could finally understand the mythos of his being in a way that he had never managed to grasp before. Katsuki was the Son of Heaven, the manifestation of a furious god on mortal earth, an infinite being on a finite plane. He had ascended, no longer held back by the morality of man.

For the first time in his life, Izuku hated him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:53 pm
Day #28
Theme: mermaid

User Image

Comments: i miss my mermaid universe  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii