Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2019)
[E] Starrii Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:24 pm
Day # 30
Theme: chinese new year

User Image

Comments: kind of a personal piece  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 pm
Day #31
Theme: art request

User Image

Comments: i realized after this i have no idea how mushrooms are drawn  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Day #32
Theme: victorian fashion

User Image

Matthew had sheepishly unfolded the dress from its paper swathings and held it out with a deprecatory glance at Marilla, who feigned to be contemptuously filling the teapot, but nevertheless watched the scene out of the corner of her eye with a rather interested air.

Anne took the dress and looked at it in reverent silence. Oh, how pretty it was--a lovely soft brown gloria with all the gloss of silk; a skirt with dainty frills and shirrings; a waist elaborately pintucked in the most fashionable way, with a little ruffle of filmy lace at the neck. But the sleeves--they were the crowning glory! Long elbow cuffs, and above them two beautiful puffs divided by rows of shirring and bows of brown-silk ribbon.

"That's a Christmas present for you, Anne," said Matthew shyly. "Why--why--Anne, don't you like it? Well now--well now."

For Anne's eyes had suddenly filled with tears.

"Like it! Oh, Matthew!" Anne laid the dress over a chair and clasped her hands. "Matthew, it's perfectly exquisite. Oh, I can never thank you enough. Look at those sleeves! Oh, it seems to me this must be a happy dream."

Comments: one of my favourite quotes from my favourite book

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:23 pm
Day #33
Theme: spirit challenge part 1

User Image
User Image

Comments: fox bakudan's chara~ i pref colouring facepaint in colouring stage but it felt wrong to keep it off the lineart so I inserted both for ease of use~

hair is teal, eyes are pink, skin is dark tan

fullsize provided  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:39 am
Day #34
Theme: spirit challenge p4

User Image

Comments: i realized i haven't coloured someone else's art in a long time and im sorry for butchering your lines chii ; o ;  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 pm
Day #35
Theme: snow

He saw her first on a snow dappled day, the sky a dull, uniform grey.

Winter waters made for bad fishing, if only because of how rough the salty air felt against tender flesh. Even the most leathered of sea-worn elders could only ache through a few candle lengths at best. Young and with a bone to pick, he had spent his morning out on the open ocean, only to come to shore chilled and shivering like a doused cat. Never had he wanted more than to just climb onto bed then and there, huddled next to a brazier of glowing silver charcoal—but it was his work that bought the bed and the room and the brazier, and he could count on one hand the number of times the warmth of silver charcoal had ever graced his little home.

So it was back to work after a brief rest, hopefully on dry land.

Noon snack was salt fish broth and toasted walnuts, the pretty maid that served him winking as she slipped him a piece of brown bread. He ate right by the docks along with all the other working men, oil cloth shielding them from the worst of the gales. The corner of one sheet had lifted from the stakes that pinned them to the ground, and it whipped around wildly in the air, the sound deafening. He thought briefly of complaining, but in the end it hardly mattered—he was going back out there soon enough.

In his childhood in the manor, where he had learned to read and write in a way far above his station, there had been no shortage of poetry about the beauty of snow and ice and budding plum blossoms, white landscapes as clean as rice paper before it dirtied by ink and the hand and feet of men. It was only after he left that he realized how easy it was to admire the diamond like quality of new ice when one was wrapped in layers of silk and lofty mink, sitting in warm rooms served with hot food and tea.

Winter had long lost its lustre that first year along with the first cough. He had worked every where that winter, wherever that would accept a tough, bristling boy, even one that had been as strong as he. In the end only the water kept him, and he had taken what remained of the money they to buy a boat. He had learned to love the ocean then, and the ocean loved him back, and his little family had survived—but first snow was still a bad omen in his book. Let the nobles admire cuts of red plum in their spring water baths, he had work to do.

Comments:  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm
Day #36
Theme: fairy

User Image

Comments: fairy/xiannu!deku

fic canon: fairy lore is like selkie lore. they're goddesses that sometimes come down to mortal earth to bath. When they do they undress, and if you take their clothing from them they will stay as your wife. they'll love you, but a little part of them will always crave home.

somehow i imagine deku to be more like ariel. he wants so, so bad to be human, experience human things--but with such beautiful sisters, who would ever steal his sash? and you have to let someone else steal it. after all, if they don't hide it, the fairy will always fall into their need to go home.

and then kacchan happens zzz  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:57 pm
Day #37
Theme: lust
User Image

Comments:  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Day #38
Theme: memories
User Image

Comments:  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:14 pm
Day #39
Theme: valentines day
User Image

Comments: every year i ask for a heartseeker jinx skin, and every year I am disappointed.  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:45 pm
Day #40
Theme: improve on work
User Image

Comments: so this was really interesting for me, because I tried to line it a few times and hated the result—I felt like this piece of art was very emotive? So instead I decided to clean the sketch while relining the really messy parts. It look way longer than just normal lining and the result was messier, but I feel like it really retained the feeling of the original piece  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:39 pm
Day #41
Theme: train

User Image

Comments: almost forgot to post this lol  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:48 pm
Day #42
Theme: villain
User Image

Comments: villain deku lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:33 pm
Day #43
Theme: monochrome purple

User Image

Comments:  

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100

Starrii

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:49 pm
Day #44
Theme: sing

User Image

Comments: the crossdressing idol!deku AU where quirkless deku ends up as an idol, which actually sucks a lot for various reasons. prohero!Kacchan feels ******** bad now that hes older and wants to apologize for being such a d**k, but like, now deku is super famous? he know how much he looks down on groupies so he 100% does not want to be seen as one?? but they keep bumping into each other because of PR. and it sucks a lot  
100 Days Event (2019)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff