Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Hallowed Path :: Surrounding Forest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:07 am
User Image_______________Hunting the Hunters... ||
Yumiru, for the time being, couldn't do much aside from watch her companion fight. She didn't have the chakra to cast any techniques, nor could she move from her spot without breaking the buff she'd provided. At least it gave her an opportunity to recover a bit.

Though it was hard to see through the smoke, the yokai tossed the now corpse of the sprite aside, shaking its head from the burning the smoke caused. However, it didn't do as much damage as perhaps desired against the red-skinned goblinoid. It did, though, shield its eyes to protect them from as much of the smoke as possible. Then it seemed to meld into the ground, avoiding the strike from behind as it retreated into cave as only a shadow on the ground.

And all fell silent for a moment. Whether or not Taiki chose to follow was up to him.

[See spoiler for attack info.]

Yumiru:
• Konton: Tannaru Chisoku [Soul Release: Sheer Speed] - B - [1.5] rank increase to physical speed. No duration but user cannot move.

chakra :: 10/155 [+5] | stamina :: 145/165 [+5] | status :: chakra exhaustion

Amanojaku:
• Shadow Slip - Can slip in and out of the spirit plane with [1] activation. They can still see the physical plane, but cannot interact with it. Takes [1] full post to cool down before they can switch planes again.

Rexnov
Noble Negative J3T

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

Not moving, Yumiru would still be his main goal. He was going to make sure she was protected. When the smoke came, he couldn't see through the smoke and honestly it seem like whatever Taiki wanted to do failed. He didn't hear anything and he didn't know if Yumiru was still safe or was being attacked. Not moving and keeping guard, he would call out. "Taiki you okay Yumiru doesn't seem like she feels good. We may need hold off"
What Makes Me Unique Among My Peers...|
• Tongue Dance: Can do hand sign weaves with his tongue in order activate jutsu
•• Easy Technique Freebies: 5 Stages of Learning Free
• Pro Pro: Increase number of proficiency points by 2
What Are My Limitations...|
Chakra Pool →100
• Chakra Color ► Black
• Chakra Materialization ►
• Fire
• Earth
Stamina Pool →100
Archetype → Athlete
Statistics
Power| 4
Agility| 4
Intelligence|2
Chakra| 2

Rexnov

Royal Taorito

Noble Negative J3T

9,775 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:40 pm
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

Adventurer l Bukijutsu l Explorer l D - Rank

The moment for me to make my choice had come, and I would not hesitate to make it. I would make sure to strike this thing down with great power and furious vengeance. As my clones struck forward, however, I heard them exclaim that there was nothing there. Quickly, I turned my back on my clones and made a snap judgement. I was almost out of juice, and I was sure Usien and Yumiru were on a similar track. If it were just me, I would extend the fight, let the smoke and fire afflict the demon to the point where we would both be down, but it would be down harder. However, to do something of the sort would be irresponsible to my team. This is why I hated operating as a team. Other people tended to slow you down, but they did have their upsides… With my sword in hand I jumped back toward Yumiru and Usien. “We should take this as an opportunity to retreat, lick our wounds and come back. There were screams earlier from within the cabin and I think that is something substantial that we should report.” My clones quickly came out of the smoke and stood with their backs to me and the rest of the group, weapons in hand in case the creature came out to attack once again. “If you’re too tired my clones or I can carry you, Yumiru, but we should go, right now.”

Stats:

Power: 5
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 1
Chakra: 5

Passives

Stats: .5 increase to Speed of Ninjutsu

Stats: .5 Increase to Power of physical attacks

PA - Firestarter: The strength of Taiki's fire jutsu are treated as being a rank higher in strength, but cost .5 chakra more, rounded up. [ E Rank = 8, D Rank = 15, C Rank = 30, B Rank = 60, A Rank = 120, S Rank = 240, S+ Rank = 540]

PA - Fire Brand: By adding the tiger seal at the beginning of maruton techniques, Taiki is able to alter the very nature of the technique, transforming it into a fire style jutsu.

PA - Pathfinder: Every 25 posts, Taiki is able to roll a 8 sided dice. If it lands on a 1 or an 8 , Taiki obtains a randomly generated type of map (4 sided, 1 is a small, 2 is a medium, 3 is a large and 4 is an epic).

Discipline - Scavenger [D]: In a world where survival of the fittest is the rule of law it is the Scavenger who learns that the key to survival is possession of needed materials and items. For every other Experience Rank after D - rank (B and S - ranks), generate a number between one and three [1 - 3], and follow the chart below when looking for materials:
→ On a roll of one [1], increase materials gathered by fifty percent [50%].
→ On a roll of two [2], note a member of the Event Coordination Team. A potential rare material is discovered!
→ On a roll of three [3], the durability of the material(s) found is increased by one [1] step.

Chakra: 50 l 165
Stamina: 70 l 150
EXP: 700

Royal Taorito

Noble Negative J3T

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:17 pm
Yumiru gave an immense sigh of relief and sat back on her heels, which in turn cancelled out the buff she'd given the other two. With a small smile, she shook her head at Taiki's offer. "No, I'm ok." Pushing herself carefully to her feet, she looked over the pair with concern. Neither had gotten hurt really, which was a relief. "Don't feel bad. They're tough. Besides, with its injuries I don't think it's going to go anywhere quickly. If they send out a party right away, then I think they can finish it off without much issue." She glanced back at the cave. "I think there are other sprites in there. It was probably collecting them to take back to the city..." Shaking her head again, she moved on. "We should go before it changes its mind."

Yumiru:
• Konton: Tannaru Chisoku [Soul Release: Sheer Speed] - B - [1.5] rank increase to physical speed. No duration but user cannot move. [Ended]

chakra :: 25/155 [+15] | stamina :: 160/165 [+15] | status :: chakra exhaustion

Rexnov
Noble Negative J3T

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

My response to the girl was a simple nod. She was right, we had to get the hell out of here, and without a word I made toward the village, only motioning with my head for them to start heading out. However, I only left once I had all of my tools with me. Unless they said something to me, I would march silently and exhausted.

Pathfinder: 13 l 25

Stats:

Passives

PA - Firestarter: The strength of Taiki's fire jutsu are treated as being a rank higher in strength, but cost .5 chakra more, rounded up. [ E Rank = 8, D Rank = 15, C Rank = 30, B Rank = 60, A Rank = 120, S Rank = 240, S+ Rank = 540]

PA - Fire Brand: By adding the tiger seal at the beginning of maruton techniques, Taiki is able to alter the very nature of the technique, transforming it into a fire style jutsu.

PA - Pathfinder: Every 25 posts, Taiki is able to roll a 8 sided dice. If it lands on a 1 or an 8 , Taiki obtains a randomly generated type of map (4 sided, 1 is a small, 2 is a medium, 3 is a large and 4 is an epic).

Discipline - Scavenger [D]: In a world where survival of the fittest is the rule of law it is the Scavenger who learns that the key to survival is possession of needed materials and items. For every other Experience Rank after D - rank (B and S - ranks), generate a number between one and three [1 - 3], and follow the chart below when looking for materials:
→ On a roll of two [2], note a member of the Event Coordination Team. A potential rare material is discovered!
→ On a roll of three [3], the durability of the material(s) found is increased by one [1] step.

Chakra: 50 l 165
Stamina: 70 l 150
EXP: 700

Royal Taorito

Noble Negative J3T

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:54 pm
User ImageEnter from 鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance]

Following Shea's lead, Jean safely reached the forest surrounding the Hallowed Path. Not a difficult deed, since it was right outside. Nonetheless, it was the first stretch of their journey outside the safety of the wobbly gates.

A little more wary and alert now, Jean focused on his surroundings, not permitting his mind to wander around at the beauties of untouched nature around him. He still quite clearly remembered how, in this area, he and Shea had to run for their lives from some giant bear-dog-monster thing.

Royal Taorito
(OOC: I would roll, but I wouldn't know what to roll. Also, at some point, we should probably swap around post orders so that the one leading is in the front.)

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:47 am
User Image
                                    Shea Fal'nevan
                                    I'll send out my soul to worlds more beautiful, but they won't... they won't know my heart.

[Location:] Surrounding Forest, east of Ikeinasu.

[I'll take first in the post order at the beginning of next round.]

Without a road or anything to follow, all I had was instincts to go off of to trust I was still going in the right direction. And given my poor sense of direction, my instincts often led me astray. So this particular time, I just did my best to stay in a straight line. This cave was supposed to be directly east from the south gate. Plus, if I was unsure, I could always check to make sure I was still going straight.

Thankfully, the location was only about a half mile from town. It still took maybe almost fifteen minutes to get that far with all the snow, but I suppose we got lucky in finding the marker mentioned. It was just a stick jutting out of the ground, but it had been painted a bright red, contrasting the white background. We were only maybe twenty meters off course from it.

I wasn't sure if it actually was the marker at first, or something else. After all, it was just a splash of color in the forest, and honestly could have been a marker for anything. But approaching it, the ground gave way to a deep crevice that quickly grew dark maybe ten or so meters in. The cave seemed to lead away further in the direction we'd been headed, but curved not far in, so I couldn't see any farther. I paused for a moment, staring down into the hole. I'd gone on adventures into places we probably shouldn't have been all my life. But this was still a mostly unfamiliar world, and I didn't really know what to expect inside. Back at home, the only real worry was skritterlings, and even those typically stayed away when people were about.

Blinking as my gaze turned to the bright snow, and then the two following me, I asked, "Did anyone bring a torch?"

.CHAKRA : 500 / 500 .STAMINA : 245 / 245 .STATUS : None
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                    .EXP : 5110 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Content
                                    It's the darkest part.

HeadlessKoko
                                    BlackFruity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:28 pm
User Image

𒂟 Honō Hokori 𒂟

𒊹 • • Hari Clan • Kumogakure • • 𒊹

Chakra : 140 / 140 𑁍 Stamina : 160 / 160

𒈯 𒃵

"Ah," A look of apology came over Honō's naturally pallid features. "I had not, my apologies." The Hari clan member tilts his head back, looking up into the sky. "We could use reflections..." A flash of pain creased Honō's brow, and the white-haired artisan felt his head drop back down, a hand coming up to rub at his forehead without him fully realising it. The memories will still all so blurry. But he knew - instinctively - that he shouldn't be this weak...

𒊩 Worker 𒊩 Fifteen [ 15 ] 𒊩 Male 𒊩 D-Rank 𒊩 Civilian

Ħ
                      Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:48 pm
User ImageJean didn't remember bringing a torch, but nonetheless, he looked through his bags. Indeed, as he thought, there was no torch. Some grumbled comments came from his mouth. Pretty, if petty, words at his own lack of foresight. To go on an adventure, he truly was sorely unprepared.

Although, he still had his wits about hi, and his resourcefulness. "Wait a moment," the less than happy voice bluntly demanded, not ordered because Jean didn't have an ounce of that charisma in his being, before the piece of art stomped away from the group and into the snow, forgetting the very dangers he had been worried about not more than a minute ago. It didn't take long for his white figure to be lost amidst the sea of white snow and dark trees.

There were pine trees, the object of Jean's search everywhere. There were several right at the mouth of the cave. However, he would rather be caught dead than seen bouncing up and down trying to break off a fresh branch or awkwardly climbing up to find a pine cone that was relatively dry, at least compared to those covered with snow on the ground. Once out of sight of the others, Jean braced himself and slipped his glove off by a small margin. His tendrils peeked out from the opening, basically froze, and retreated back as Jean hissed. He had gotten slightly used to the effects the biting cold had on his sensitive threads. However, it didn't make it hurt any less. With all the precision of an artisan that aspired to deal with the delicate crafts, Jean eyed his targets and swiftly sent his threads out to break, grasp, and return with his materials: three branches of appropriate thickness and length for torches and three pine cones, all relatively kept dry and free of snow thanks to the cover of branches above them.

Quickly returning his threads back into the warmth of his body and pulling his gloves back over his wrist, Jean gathered the materials in his arms and returned to the group. "The pine trees here contain sap, which can be used as a slow burning fuel. I think we're supposed to split the branches partly lengthwise and put the cone in them to create a makeshift torch," Jean explained as he deposited all but one of the branches and pine cones into Shea's arms, "But we should probably work quickly before the sap freezes... or too much snow falls and makes it hard to light these."

Royal Taorito

BlackFruity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:49 pm
User Image
                                    Shea Fal'nevan
                                    I'll send out my soul to worlds more beautiful, but they won't... they won't know my heart.

[Location:] Surrounding Forest, east of Ikeinasu.

It was a bit different than I was used to. But then, I'd never had to make a makeshift torch. Usually, the torch was bundled in cloth that was soaked in some sort of fuel. The fuel kind of depended on availability. In this case, it was sap. I half wondered if cloth made it burn slower, or if it just made it more convenient. I'd also never thought so much about a torch, either because I wasn't the one who held it, or we had some other means of light.

Looking down at the bundle of sticks and pine cones, I stood a bit uselessly because I didn't have the hands to actually do anything while holding the supplies. But I played my role to the best of my ability and held the pile toward whoever reached out for supplies.

Unless spoken to, this is what I continued to do until all of the torches were finished, at which point, I turned on my heels and, unless stopped, descended into the cavern.

[Exit to Delves of Remorhaz]

.CHAKRA : 500 / 500 .STAMINA : 245 / 245 .STATUS : None
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                    .EXP : 5110 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Content
                                    It's the darkest part.

HeadlessKoko
                                    BlackFruity

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:11 am
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

The walk had been quiet. I did not say a word, and the world around us seemed to be still. It was the snow, I knew; it had this uncanny ability to soak up sound and make the world feel dead with only the white frozen water to inhabit it. I was still cold, there was no time for me to buy a coat even now, I used my time to rest, to recover my energy to be able to slay this beast. Fighting it was the one thing on my mind, that and making sure no vile creature took us by surprise ending this mission prematurely. “We’re close.” I broke the silence suddenly as we approached the point of our battle, letting the two girls know that they should be ready for a fight. While we walked, my two smoke clones made their way along through both of our sides, hidden along the brush, shadowing us and protecting our flanks.

Pathfinder: 20 l 25

Stats:

Passives

Chakra: 164 l 165
Stamina: 150 l 150
EXP: 1100

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:17 am
The two girls paused as you announced the target location was near, ducking down behind available brush or a tree. The cave loomed ahead, the pieces of armor that remained from the animated armors barely visible under a layer of fresh snow. They had not moved, meaning they had not been repossessed, which came as a relief that was evident on Yumiru's face. However, there was no sign of the leader of the small patrol, and the snow muffled any sounds that might be coming from the cave.

Yumiru looked at you for further instruction while Elisabet kept her attention focused forward. "If it's still here," the younger girl said softly, "it'll be cornered in there. That gives us the advantage, but it'll also fight like a cornered dog." She tore her gaze away from the cave.

"We could lure it out, too, which would be my suggestion. If it has any sprites in that cave with it, that'll get it away from a quick source of energy," Yumiru added quietly, though her intentions with the idea seemed to be different.

"Or we could just bomb the whole cave." There was a bluntness to Elisabet's voice that brought a vague look of horror from Yumiru, but the older girl didn't verbally object. It was clear not everyone cared what happened to the sprites the yokai captured.

Yumiru Miyamoto
chakra :: 155/155 | stamina :: 165/165 | status :: fine

Elisabeth Albini
chakra :: 200/200 | stamina :: 250/250 | status :: fine

Rexnov

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:44 am
User Image

𒂟 Honō Hokori 𒂟

𒊹 • • Hari Clan • Kumogakure • • 𒊹

Chakra : 140 / 140 𑁍 Stamina : 160 / 160

𒈯 𒃵

Honō watched, amazed and entranced, as Jean worked on collecting the branches, cones, and sap, crafting a feasible light source in such a survivalist manner. "So intuitive..." Honō doesn't realise he's spoken outloud, his voice so soft it was barely above a whisper. As each torch was finished, he also held out his hands to help carry the load so they may continue their task.

[ Apologies, I thought I had posted already T^T ]

𒊩 Worker 𒊩 Fifteen [ 15 ] 𒊩 Male 𒊩 D-Rank 𒊩 Civilian

Ħ
                      Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:07 pm
User ImageHono's words drew a look from Jean that was quickly retracted. His pale, stiff face failed to show much of what he was thinking at all. A tinge of embarrassment, for one. Maybe a little bit of pride. Mostly just confusion and not knowing how to react. He didn't feel like what he had suggested was really something particularly intuitive. It was merely bare bones. That was his objective opinion.

Since no one said or did anything to make him believe he had said something wrong, Jean worked with his shoddy, last-second idea and some foggy memories of some book read long in the past. He took his knife and cut vertically down the length of the branch he held. Then he jammed a pinecone down the cut. Yes, jammed. Jean had tried to be delicate about it. He didn't enjoy appearing barbaric, but wedging a pinecone down a stick required an amount of force that his sheltered body simply was not able to generate without the required motions. Once the pinecone was securely pincered between the two halves of the branch, he used the back of his knife to butt it down as far as possible.

So crude. So rough. So... disgraceful. Jean scrutinized his own work with an unpleasant expression on his face, but it was cold outside and he didn't have any tools that would allow him to even make a difference worth noting to the torch. Succumbing to mother nature, Jean admitted defeat and accepted that this horrendous looking thing was the final shape of his latest creation.

He turned, about ready to give it to Shea to hold, only to find that Shea's arms were fully occupied. He felt a trace of guilt. Perhaps he had given the boy too much to hold. Though, on the other hand, he felt even guiltier if he considered asking Hono to do any rough work. Nonetheless, at times like these, great sacrifices had to be made. Jean gave Hono the finished torch to hold, and all subsequent torches Jean finished.

Repeating the above process, he created three torches. Shea still held a few more branches and pinecones, but Jean dismissed them, not wanting to make more of these ugly works than what was necessary. Each individual was given a torch and Shea was free to do what he pleased with the remaining materials.

Lighting them was a whole other ordeal, or it would be but Jean pulled out some sort of burner from his bag. Shea would recognize it, perhaps. Hono less so. After rotating the dial a few times, the burner's flame started, and it was used to light the torches.

Finally, all preparations were done. The burner was put away and Shea led the party down to the Delves of Remorhaz.

Exit to Delves of Remorhaz

Royal Taorito

BlackFruity

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:34 pm
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

I gave a quick look to Elisabet when she suggested bombing the whole cave and bringing it down. It would seem that the two of them wanted to fight and kill the monster, but I had other plans. I wanted to find out why they killed those people. More importantly, there was something that someone, maybe Yumiru, had said earlier, something about moving the sprites to a city. Maybe if I inflict enough pain onto that thing, I could make it sing like a bird. “I’m going to do something in between.” I said to them before turning toward the women to explain my plan. One of my clones and myself would go into the cave and lure the creature out. They would take cover and once the clone and myself were out we would injure it to extract information from it as to its motives and where their hub was located. Once I explained my plan, unless there were any concerns, one of my clones and myself turned to the cave and walked in. My clone took several steps ahead of me until it was about ten feet ahead of me, and then it spoke: “Hey ugly, did you think I would forget about you so fast? I’m here to finish what I started.” While my clone spoke with its arms crossed, I moved toward the walls of the cave and drew my weapon, hopefully concealed from the creature by the relative darkness of the cavern.

Pathfinder: 21 l 25

Stats:

Passives

Chakra: 165 l 165
Stamina: 150 l 150
EXP: 1100

Royal Taorito

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items