Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2019)
[E] Raeyna Ficst

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am

User Image

User Image User Image
Event Deadline: (UTC-5) 11:59 pm EST

Your Timezone Deadline:
(UTC-8) SAME day 8:59 PM

📌 Be sure to post in the main thread too! ❤
Please do not quote anyone into this place!
Click the banner to go back to the main thread~

User Image

User Image

Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
Here's some highlights:
One post per day
Label your days
Spoil all bugs-related subjects

Use this format when posting~
Comment is optional

[b]Day # [/b]
[u]Theme[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]:

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Day #1
Theme: Space

Stargazer, turn your eyes earthbound. You are here, in the Now, with material being. Say “hello!” Revel in your space, your physical presence. Proclaim your existence! Your consciousness may be shapeless, infinite, mutable – a shifting, billowing cloud of thought and sense and wonder and calculation and hope and dread. And joy. And boredom. It fills the room, covers the floor, licks over the things you perceive in your space. And then it ascends to the realms of dreams and memories, plans and hypotheticals, wishes and stories, expanding ever outward (ever inward?), where directions and space lose meaning as we know it, defined by the motion, by the movement, by the growing and the changing, without reference or context, in a shape that could only ever be imaginary. And yet you are. Real. A point in space. A body that somehow contains You. Or doesn’t, but simply (complexly, unimaginably) tethers, overlaps – a tangential meeting for the physical plane with Others. Your shape the line drawing, a child colours with wild abandon, crayon smears over the bounds of body and white space, disregarding even the border of paper and table and – jumps – to one low section of clean, painted wall.

And still you breathe. You take in space, hold, change it, and exhale little pieces of yourself. You occupy a constant displacement. Move, and the gases swirl and shift around you, liquids flow and bulge. A solid may push back, and so you choose your interactions, deciding your place. Reacting to the surrounding movements and spaces.

And in this living you become, you create, constellations of love. Connections of love, irritation, obsession, and casual acquaintance. Some pieces burning brightly while others wink a fading light. Stalwart and immobile, or zipping around, orbiting each other, each point a universe of its own.

Stargazer with the world in your eyes, this vista, the overwhelming vastness of endless skies belies your closer brush with unfathomable multiplicities linked around this sphere. And so you look inward, and Here, and then look out to the stars once more. All of existence is included. Everything. Every particle. And the space between? It is another kind of presence. In being space, it Is. There is no Not-Being. Only All. Infinite interacting infinities: this is Space.

Comments: So excited to be back at the event! Found my thread! Sorry for the multiple PMs! Running to work now.  

Raeyna Ficst

Raeyna Ficst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:43 pm
Day #2
Theme: Hellhound

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: Pics in spoilers for now, will need to rewiew how to resize later  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 am
Day #3
Theme: Gestures (weekly theme)

Comments: It was interesting and kind of tricky to do these types of drawings. There were some movements and lines that I could see clearly in my mind, (namely the dancing ones), but then for the others it was weirdly difficult to imagine the shapes and movement. Next time would try drawing from models rather than making them all up.  

Raeyna Ficst

Raeyna Ficst

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 am
Day #4
Theme: Castle

Comments: I wish I could figure out how to take brighter pictures given my lighting situation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm
Day #5
Theme: Coffee, Steampunk

CommentsIf you haven't read it, I recommend checking out the amazing steampunk webcomic Girl Genius.  

Raeyna Ficst

Raeyna Ficst

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:21 am
Day #6
Theme: Meadow

Comments:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:30 pm
Day #7
Theme: Drips

Comments: Would like to be posting pics of actual glazed cakes soon. Possibly in February.  

Raeyna Ficst

Raeyna Ficst

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:10 am
Day #8
Theme: Splash of Colour

Comments:  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:12 pm
Day #9
Theme: Ornate, Crown

Comments:  

Raeyna Ficst

Raeyna Ficst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 am
Day #10
Theme: San Francisco

Comments:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:30 am
Day #11
Theme: Bloom

Comments: Let your personality bloom into a joyful energy! Also, fresh blooms in the foreground.

I will also be making gum paste flowers today! (But it is unlikely I'll have a chance to post the pictures before the deadline, so will edit post and add later)  

Raeyna Ficst

Raeyna Ficst

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:21 pm
Day #12
Theme: Spirit Challenge (part 1) Character in Underwear

Comments: Rowena
Skin and hair colour open to interpretation.
Would love to see a headdress/headpiece included in the outfit.
I'm definitely thinking ballet, flowy fabric, fantasy fairy princess (maybe with wings), but would love to see any and all takes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 am
Day #13
Theme: Spirit Challenge (Part 2) Outfits

Comments: I just came home from a 15 hour shift with no break. If I get to sleep right away I might manage 7 hours of sleep, and then I have to run to work again (and even if this shift ends on time, it will be well after the deadline). I feel like I need to try to get that sleep, but that means I have no way to complete the challenge on time.

I think I need to bump down to Easy Mode. I still hope to create three lovely outfits for someone, but I cannot make them today. I'm sorry, everyone!  

Raeyna Ficst

100 Days Event (2019)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff