Welcome to Gaia! ::

♂ Yaoi ♥ Yuri Role Play ♂

Back to Guilds

An active yaoi and yuri roleplaying guild 

Tags: Yaoi, Anime, romance, love, yuri 

Reply 1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)
~ A day at the workplace ~ EchoMonroe & By Bi Blitz Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Here we stand or here we fall
History won't care at all
Make the bed, light the light
Lady Mercy won't be home tonight

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik nodded when he was given the phone number. He knew better than to give out personal information such as that. He Went back to his work and sometime later saw his new employer walk back into his office bearing a small food container. Upon hearing they were lemon bars Erik took interest. He would be the first to admit he had a weakness for sweets and junk food. He thanked him and finished them in no time flat before throwing the box away. After sometime he was given the message that his boss would be taking calls again. Nothing too eventful had happened and he was honestly surprised everything had been running as smoothly as it had. His last place had been hectic from the very moment he walked in. There was none of that here. The employees did their job fairly well, everyone who had called had been perfectly normal and his boss seemed to be a man wholly dedicated to his work and not flirting with the interns. It was a drastic jump to where he'd been before. His work carried on with out a hitch and part of him began to wonder how long the smooth ride would last.

You don't waste no time at all
Don't hear the bell but you answer the call
It comes to you as to us all
Yeah, we're just waiting for the hammer to fall, yeah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:05 am
User Image

After lunch the work day went on as usual for the CEO of the company. So much work to be done, forms to fill out, and meetings to be held in his office. Most were usually just finalizing some paperwork and signing what needed to be done but still it was weighing down on his mind and Joseph rubbed his temples after another signing simply due to exhaustion. The Business man was beginning to feel the effects of long work days coupled with few hours of sleep. It wasn't that Joseph had trouble falling asleep, quite the opposite in fact as he usually passed out as soon as he hit the bed. However he did often times work well into the early hours of the morning, affording him only a few hours of sleep at best. His Doctor would get on his case badly during his next visit but the business man knew that he would more than likely ignore the other's advice. Feeling his eyes begin to get sore Joseph was just about to get up from his work when he remembered that he had his personal secretary so with a press of the button he was connected to Erik in the other room "Mr. Lafayette if you have a moment would fetch me a large coffee from the break room? Black with nothing in it please" petty as it might be to have his secretary fetch coffee for him Joseph knew that there were few appointments left and the lull in calls signaled to him the perfect opportunity to try and reinvigorate himself just a bit. With the request put in and a brief period of respite Joseph would pull out a thick pile of papers and separated them into specific piles as he began to pour over each of them. Most were simply minor agreements and contracts to different distributors, many of which were not even of the utmost importance. Still though Joseph looked between each of them, filling out and signing each one that he agreed with which discarding the one's that were not to his standards.

The CEO's head found it's resting in his left hand as his other filled out and moved papers and his eyes scanned yet another paper. This one however was for a new toy design, the person desired something simple but cute. Something to appeal to all ages. Joseph thought for a moment as his hazy mind began to try and think up something that would work out. Normally this was something he would call in the design team but this was a paper that needed to be done asap as it seemed to have gotten mixed in with contracts. Not good. This wasn't good, normally Joseph had no problem thinking up a new toy idea that kids would love but at the current moment he was drawing a blank and let out a small growl of irritation to himself. He just needed his coffee and he'd be fine.

(OOC: )

EchoMonroe

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:07 pm

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik had actually been drifting off as there had been nothing for him to do at the moment when Joseph buzzed asking for a coffee. He jumped at first and quickly calmed himself before chuckling a bit at the request. He made his way to the break room and prepared a coffee for his boss as well as one for himself. He noticed one of the other employees giving him some heavy side eye before whispering to someone else. Seems my reputation proceeds me. He ignored it and walked back to Joseph's office. He took almost instant notice of Joseph's drained appearance as he peered heavily over whatever paper was in front of him. He looks like death warmed over...don't say that. He placed the coffee on the desk and idly glanced over at the form in front of his boss. He was able to recognize it pretty quickly and realized why Joseph was so invested in this particular. "You look exhausted," he mentioned softly. Part of him was hoping the other male wouldn't hear him, the other part was just hoping he wouldn't get offended.

By Bi Blitz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:43 am
User Image

Joseph pulled out a sheet of scrap paper as he began to scribble down ideas for the new toy design but each and every one was either too similar to other preexisting toys or just simply didn't seem appealing. He was at a complete loss at what he could possibly design but the CEO was anything if not stubborn and determined. As he waited for Erik to return with his coffee Joseph simply stopped and rubbed his temples a little bit in mild frustration over his own exhaustion as if being annoyed at it would make it go away. He knew that it wasn't healthy but it probably wasn't that bad, nobody made any comments about his state thus far. Finally as Erik came in and placed the coffee down on his desk Joseph nodded his head to the other man politely "Thank you" he took one sip of the bitter drink and sighed, thankful for coffee in general pulling him through so many difficult nights. However he blinked a bit at Erik's comment and looked up at him for a moment before sighing "Is it so obvious?" he spoke with a deep sigh before leaning back in his chair "Yes well...I suppose I am...being the CEO of a company is hard work, especially when you actually care about it..." he explained his take on it. Hard work was an understatement as Joseph could say that he didn't even know what vacation was, he hadn't taken one...in a very long time. That was the life of a workaholic however, especially when that workaholic didn't have to stop working since he was the owner.

EchoMonroe

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:48 pm

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik glanced over the ideas Joseph had scribbled down. To him it was obvious how tired the other was, he could tell just from a glance that Joseph was far from on top of his game. He could appreciate his employer's determination but not at the cost to his health. Been there, done that. A thought occurred to him as he looked back over the paper on Joseph's desk. "You can tell me to ******** off and that it's none of my business," he started ",but you look like you haven't slept in days. The harder you try to work on this in the state you're in the more frustrated you will inevitably become and thus you will get no where. Now I will be the first to admit I don't know a thing about toys, I wasn't allowed to have them as a child, but if you would like another set of eyes I can try and help." He was certain the offer would be turned down but at least he could say he'd given it a try. It was clear that the other man put all of himself into his work but it was also becoming glaringly obvious that it was often to his own detriment. He looked back at Joseph to see if he would even respond or just send him on his way. Erik was well aware he was shoving his nose into something that wasn't his business but he could at least say he offered.

By Bi Blitz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 am
User Image

Joseph knew that his work habits were blatantly self destructive, however he simply told himself it was for the good of the company that he stay on top of everything. One mistake could cost him millions, he could even justify it with earlier when he'd personally corrected a major error! However having someone confront him about it did admittingly force Joseph to look at the problem head on. He was rather taken aback by the sheer bluntness of the others words, most people did their best to suck up to and even steer clear of the boss. Especially on their first day no less. But then here was his secretary saying that he could tell him to ******** off, it was actually a bit amusing to say the least. Of course as he listened to the other man speak Joseph's expression remained stone cold as he continued on, showing a desire to help the CEO out. Joseph remained silent for a moment as to contemplate the other man's words before his facade cracked as a small smirk quirked at the corner of his lip with a deep rumbling came out of his chest, the CEO was actually chuckling a little bit before looking at his Secretary "You're interesting. I can't tell if you're genuinely worried about my health and well being, or if you're just an overachieving brown noser whose trying to get brownie points" he spoke rather bluntly before reaching down and sliding the pen and paper over for Erik to look at the item they wanted "If you so desire then fine. They're looking for a simple toy design that will be a hit with children between the ages of one and ten" he started "I've been struggling to come up with an original idea, so maybe someone with a different viewpoint can freshen things up" truthfully Joseph actually enjoyed designing toys quite a bit. Seeing children in the test groups faces light up when a new toy was presented to them to play with and test out gave Joseph such a satisfaction that he couldn't even describe. Well he could probably but it'd be difficult. Joseph would then watch over Erik after handing him the paper and let the other man mull over it if he desired "Take your time, it seems like you might be free for the most part. If the calls ease up around this time it's unlikely for anyone else to call" unless for emergencies of course but that didn't need to be said for obvious reasons.

EchoMonroe

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 am

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik snickered at Joseph's comment about him being a brown noser, not a term that fit him. He just didn't like to see others self-destruct. "Something tells me I wouldn't have the job if that's who you thought I was," he stated. He glanced over at the paper and thought. Though he hadn't been allowed toys as a child he did have nieces and nephews whom he had a big weakness for. When he thought about it most of their favorite toys where ones where they could create something. His niece had brought up the idea to him once that she would like the ability to make her own teddy bear at home. He rolled the idea around in his head for a moment before he decided to speak. It's worth a shot. "I have a seven year old niece," he started ",whom I'm rather close to. When I told her I was applying for this job she told me her and her brother had this idea. It was essentially a kit of some kind to where you could build your own teddy bear. Said that was what she wanted more than anything." He shrugged and looked back up at Joseph. He was feeling a bit out of his depth but did his best to play it off.

By Bi Blitz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:42 am
User Image

Joseph's smirk remained on his face and nodded his head a little bit at Erik's observation "I knew you were overqualified but you're also sharp as a tac as well" it was true. If Joseph had even the slightest inclination that Erik was trying to suck up and be a yes man or something of that nature the CEO would have booted him right out the door without a second thought. Honestly Joseph had a good feeling and this exchange was only making that feeling get better, he understood his job perfectly and executed well. Not many would be able to keep up with how many calls he got and appointments he had to make for him, if he kept it up the other man would quickly earn Joseph's respect. He would then remain seated, quietly sipping his coffee while watching the other man think for a few moments before finally speaking. As the other man begin to speak Joseph gave the other his undivided attention and slowly nodded his head. An idea that came from a primary source, that was a good start. Then when he pitched the idea it would almost look like the cobwebs were shaken from his mind as Joseph quickly grabbed the paper and pen before writing down and making a rough sketch of each of the components of the kit and what would go into it. It truly was an excellent idea! "You're niece is genius, thank you Mr. Lafayette. There are stores and places specifically there to create and design your own stuffed animal. However condensing it down to a single package along with accessories and different styles will help deal with competition" he spoke "Then if it's a success it leaves room for more expansion into possible franchising deals" with everything drawn out and made Joseph would place the paper into the 'out' pile so that he could deal with it at a later time. However before putting it away Joseph made sure to cite 'Erik Lafayette' as the source for the original idea. That way if it did take off then the other man would be able to get some benefits from the creation. Finally Joseph turned to look at Erik and soon his smirk changed into an actual smile "You've done me a service beyond what was expected of you and on your first day no less. Please, is there anything I can do to return the favor? I am a man who repays his debts after all" whether Erik knew it or not his idea had the potential of earning Measly Myers millions upon millions of dollars if it sells well and even just the potential of it was enough to make Joseph feel like he needed to do something for the man "A first day raise, more paid vacation days, even just buying you a coffee. Name it."

EchoMonroe

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:20 pm

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik raised an eyebrow at Joseph calling him a genius and simply laughed it off. All that mattered was the other seemed to like the idea. Erik was pretty confident it would sell well as long as it was marketed correctly. Once things were a little more concrete he'd pass it on to his niece that his new boss had liked her idea. She'll be over the moon. At Joseph's offer to do something more for him Erik really had to think. His first instinct was to turn the offer down. He didn't need a raise as money was never really an issue, he doubted he'd use the vacation days even if he took them. As he thought about it a single idea popped into his head. "Buy me dinner and we can call it even," he replied with a smile. Erik would be the first to admit he was never one to turn down free food when the opportunity presented it's self and if Joseph really wanted to thank him what better way than with food. His sister had once joked about him being food motivated like a dog and he supposed it was true. He was just happy to see the furrow in the other man's brow gone for the moment.

By Bi Blitz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 pm
User Image

As Joseph waited for an answer he began to run some numbers through his reinvigorated mind. Such a kit could be sold for ten to fifteen dollars depending on the amount of items and accessories came with it, then there was also the fact that making two different styles aimed for different demographics. Those aimed for little girls could have things like clip on bows, dresses, flower crowns, and other things while the boys could have plastic armor and swords or something to that effect. Or maybe just a single package with a variety of items so that children can choose themselves...yeah..that would be a much better plan, plus it meant they could by all means charge the higher end due to all the items that come with it. Finally Once the other man decided on what he wanted Joseph could say that he was a little bit surprised, most would have taken a pay raise or vacation days in a heartbeat but...dinner? "Are you sure?" finally Joseph nodded his head and started typing a few things on his computer to look up some places that the other man might like "Very well, do you have a preferred cuisine or do you not care?" personally Joseph didn't really have a favorite mostly due to the fact that he hadn't eaten out in a very long time. Well...he supposed he liked southern food but it was more so out of convenience since the food truck wasn't too far away from his company.

EchoMonroe

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:03 pm

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik watched the brief moment of surprise of Joseph's face and smiled. He was more than aware how most people would have jumped on the offer and milked it for all they could. Erik wasn't one of those people."I don't need the money," he explained ",my parents own one of the biggest winerys in France on top of the fact my mother's whole family is nothing but French aristocrats dating back to the sixteen hundreds. I have a credit card directly linked to their bank account and I highly doubt I would even use vacation days but I will never turn down a free meal. I'm not picky, I'll eat just about anything. Though I haven't had decent pizza since I graduated college." He could practically hear his mother screaming at the idea of her son eating pizza. She was a typical uptight French woman who had done everything to raise perfect children. He hadn't had fast food until he was in high school and that was only because he's snuck it behind his parents back. They'd barely contained their disdain for his addiction to coffee and energy drinks. It's either this or booze mom, your pick. He remembered screaming that at her after she'd tried to throw out a bag of his coffee. She'd dropped the subject after that.

By Bi Blitz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:29 am
User Image

Joseph would listen to Erik explain that he didn't need the money which caused the CEO to then get a look of confusion. What did he mean by that? Well he got his answer when the other man explained how his family was rich, French Aristocracy. As he continued on Joseph couldn't help but wonder if he was trying to impress his Boss or if he was full of hot air. So far he seemed rather down to earth and he seemed to be rather earnest as he spoke, like it was simply facts. So Joseph took him for his word on his lineage. But then the food of choice had Joseph's brow furrowing a little bit as he quickly backed out several of the restaurants he'd opened on the browser. He was genuinely expecting the other man to want to eat at the most expensive place possible, wine, lobster, and caviar. Most people would. But Joseph was quickly realizing that assumptions about his Secretary were a waste as he seemed to do his own thing. So just to try and at least not skimp out on it he at least looked up some well reviewed sit in pizza places until one caught his eye, all five star reviews and it looked to be family owned which was something he was willing to support "Very well, I think I've found a suitable restaurant. I'll pick you up from your home, that way you can at least save on gas" the point was a bit moot since both men seemed more than well off that gas wouldn't be an issue. However it was more of a courtesy than anything else, why make him drive if they were both going to the same place? Of course after a moment a question danced on the tip of his tongue as his indifferent gaze eyed him for a moment as he contemplated actually asking before deciding to dig a bit "I must ask, if you come from such a rich and storied family then why are you working as a secretary in America? You don't have to answer of course if you don't desire to" everyone had their own personal reasons for why they did what they did, Joseph was no different. But the CEO decided that asking couldn't have been so bad if the other was so willing to tell him.

EchoMonroe

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 am

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik had no problem taking a ride from the other man. He preferred not to drive if he could avoid it so that worked in his favor. He also recognized the subtle look of shock and confusion when he brought up that he came from money. Most people thought it strange that he came from money yet lived and worked as someone from a normal income bracket. He could see the gears turning in Joseph's head and waited for when he knew was an inevitable question. He'd been through this exact situation so many times he could practically time when others asked. Three...two...one...there it is. He smiled at Joseph and chuckled a bit. "When you are the son of Chloe` and Le`on Lafayette everything is handed to you," he explained ",my parents have the money to buy anything from expensive cars to the police's silence. My brother has been involved in three DUIs and my parents manage to buy his way out of it. My sister has had everything given to her, on her third birthday she got a custom Louis Vuitton bag and has received one every year since, she's twenty four. Neither of my siblings will survive on their own in the event of my parents passing. I see them losing everything because they will just spend the money as quickly as they can make it. My whole life I was labeled the spoiled rich boy and for most of it people were right but that wasn't what I wanted to be. I applied for a scholarship in the states fresh out of high school and moved. I wanted to make a life for myself outside of them." It was, in a sense, not a new story, breaking away from ones family to make a name for yourself. The full truth wen a tad deeper, Erik was truly disgusted with the way his family viewed things. They believed if they threw enough money at a problem it would fix it.

By Bi Blitz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:15 am
User Image

Joseph listened to the other man intently as he explained about his family and their how they lived their lives. Luxurious gifts and over the top items simply given to their kids instead of earning them through hard work and dedication. He had seen it before and as he continued on he could only tell that he'd hate to interact with the family more and more. Joseph couldn't stand the snobbish and elitist attitude that people with money tended to have despite only being human. He made a small noise as he went on to explain how his Brother was let off scott free because of his parents paying off the police, disgusting to say the least. Then his sister got such an expensive handbag when she was three? What was the point? What would a three year old do with such a handbag? It sounded like his parents just spent money for the sake of spending money, it was repulsive. Then when he heard Erik explain that he wanted to break away from his family the CEO nodded his head in understanding, it made sense really. Relying on your parents exclusively for money and not understanding the value of money would only hurt you in the long run. Their parents won't live forever and they'd no doubt learn the hard way in no time, they'd run their parents buisness into the ground and end up with nothing. He'd make a mental note to check into the Lafayette's family business at some point or another. Finally once Erik was done Joseph would nod his head at the other man "That's a very wise decision to make, working hard instead of leaching off your parents. I can respect that." Joseph would then glance at the clock on the bottom of his screen and saw that it was nearly time for Erik and many other workers to go home, himself included...normally "Mr. Lafayette I'll pick you up at around six' o clock, is that acceptable for you?" for once Joseph would have to leave work on time so that he could wash up and finish a couple of chores that still needed to be done around the house that he'd been neglecting.

EchoMonroe

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:30 am

※Erik Lafayette※

Erik glanced at his watch and realized it was about time for him to leave. He nodded at Joseph's question as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "That's fine," he said ",I have a few things I need to take care of at home first plus I'll probably change." He'd have to see if there was a single t-shirt in his home his cat hadn't rubbed herself all over. Truly Antoinette shed like he couldn't believe. "Guess I should get out of your hair," he chuckled ",see you at six." He turned and made his way back to his own office. The rest if his shift was uneventful and when the clock struck the time for him to leave he gathered his things and made his way home. He finally put the battery back into his phone which then lit up with texts and voicemails he'd missed. Nope. Not dealing with that now. He fed Antoinette and managed to hunt down a shirt that wasn't covered in white cat hair. Though he almost immediately caused that problem himself when he scooped her into his arms. He placed her on his bed then glanced down at his shirt and groaned. Thank god for lint rollers I guess. He sighed and rolled off his shirt though he was nearly certain it wouldn't matter by the time Joseph arrived. He found a pair of black jeans that surprisingly didn't have a hole in them and pulled hem on. He hadn't bothered trying to impress, after all it was just pizza.

By Bi Blitz

1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items