Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:11 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wishin' I was
Knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky, breeze and it don't seem fair
The only worry in the world
Is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise, there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy, never felt so high
And I think I might have found me
My own kind of paradise...

Where the mangroves split for the sea, where swampy mud makes way for sandy beach, a tribe was created by pure accident. Parrot Head, a solo musician travelling the swamp, found this place while idly following the birds on their winter journey. She deemed the sand bar her home, a paradise-within-paradise where she could finally rest her weary legs. Other kin happened upon it and decided to stay, either for the view of the sunset or Parrot Head's soft, smooth tunes. Many, for both.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:12 pm
events.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...an opening event coming soon! for now, have a sneak peek!

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:15 pm
what are you doing here?

The tribe lives by one tenet: chill vibes. Time moves slowly for the sand bar. Its kin are committed to peaceful living, good times, and relaxation. They are expected to be helpful and kind, so they may expect the same generosity in return. They welcome all walks of life, but are quick to expel kin that bring in 'negative energy'.

Tourism drives the economy of the little community. They welcome kin looking for a retreat from the winter, or an escape from their troubles. Visitors are treated like family, even if they only plan to stay for a couple days. All members are welcome to come and go as they wish, but many decide to stay. Who would want to leave paradise?

who are you?

The sand bar doesn't have a standard hierarchy. Parrot Head is the de-facto leader, and the other tribe members seem to be fine with that. Still, the sand bar is a community, and its members have work to do to see that all of the mouths are fed. The tribe's jobs are just as varied as its kin. There are those who cook food, mix drinks, make music, or even build hermit crab hutches. There are also those who do whatever odd jobs they can to help out, charmingly called 'good misfits' by the rest of the tribe.

There are also kin who take up temporary residence in the tribe, coming back to the sand bar frequently enough to be known as 'regulars'. Their work is seen as valuable too, as they spread word of mouth throughout the swamp and bring more tourists in. To the tribe, regulars are just as much family as its permanent residents.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:16 pm
residents

User ImageParrot Head // zeflamigo // Founder, Musician
Parrot Head is the founder and level-headed leader. She contributes nightly concerts to foster tribe bonding, and can usually be found napping on the beach if you need some sage wisdom.

User ImageRare // purplerosesbeauty // Cook
Rare is an artist at heart, and while he works as a cook here at the sand bar, his specialty is aesthetically pleasing dishes. Bright colors, fun garnishes, and beautiful centerpieces are what he thrives for!

User ImageWell Done // zeflamigo // Cook
Well Done is obnoxiously friendly, but he makes a mean meal. His cooking might not be as pretty without Rare's help, but it's always delicious!

User ImageSpilled Grapes // purplerosesbeauty // Barkeep
Spilled Grapes is fine-tuning his drink mixing, sealing logs with fruits, wine and water to let it ferment into delightfully intoxicating beverages for those that like to unwind with a nice, delicious drink at the end of the day. He's happy to help you find the perfect one.

User ImageMedium // zeflamigo // Misfit
Medium is just happy to be here. She's eager to take up any leftover jobs, and is at her happiest when making others happy!

regulars

User ImageDune Grass // zeflamigo
Dune Grass is a big fan of the beach, though she's too much of an adventurer to call it a permanent home quite yet. She plans to retire to the tribe territory when she's a bit older, and perhaps raise a family there.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:17 pm
is there room for one more?

There's always room for new folks in this little slice of paradise. If you'd like to join, just tell us a little about yourself:

[quote=zeflamigo][/quote]

[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/g2exN8m.png[/img] [size=22][color=#03C5A9]...wasting away again...[/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/g2exN8m.png[/img][/align]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Kin:[/b] link to their mato.pe page
[b]Role:[/b] Are they a permanent resident, or a regular tourist? Do they have a specific job they like to perform?
[b]Personality:[/b] Tell us about your kin! This is for the front page member's list, so 1 to 3 sentences would suffice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:24 pm
User Image

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:26 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:28 pm
User Image

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut