Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:47 pm
User Image

Alexander Valentine

Alexander smiled as he had just arrived back to his automotive shop with his kids in tow. The two six year old's had just gotten out of school when their Father had come to pick them up. He didn't have a babysitter so the two of them would just come with him to his shop where they could hang out and finish their homework. He knew that it could be a little bit boring for them to just sit in his office for a couple hours so he tried his best to make it better for them, he had brought a TV into his office along with one of their older game systems as well as a small chest full of toys and board games for them to play. It was the best he could do for them but even then he knew that they would rather be at home with all their toys, their games, their jungle gym, and everything else. As he pulled up he smiled at the two of them when they were all out "Alright, Ann, Ace, two know the drill. Homework first, then playtime. I'll try to bring a snack for you two when I can, alright" "Alright Daddy!" "No Problem Daddy!" he'd lean down as the two little kids ran up and each gave him a kiss on the cheek before running off to the back where his office was. He smiled fondly at the backs of his children, they were handling things so well, it was hard to believe it's already been four months since Katherine's passing. Alex shook his head, he couldn't let himself get distracted, he had a business to run! With that He'd slip into his mechanic's suit, put on his gloves, and got to work as he stepped back into the main area where he and several of his fellow employees were working on a couple cars at once. They were the only cars there though at the moment and it seemed like the others had everything under control but even then he made sure to lend a helping hand when he could. For now if anyone else came in though he would be the one to help and service their car since he was the only free one at the moment.

call sprouts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:33 pm
User Image

Nine months. That was how long it had been since Demyan left the army, yet he still found himself waking up most nights with a heavily sweaty body and a breathing problem that lasts for a good few minutes. He wasn't one to complain, though, seeing as it wasn't as bad as he knew it could be. Demyan has seen his share of mentally disturbed and trauma-induced individuals to be glad enough that his trauma came in the form of short nightmares that he barely recalled by the time his eyes were open. Though it did often take a tole on his body, and that was the bigger problem for him. His right leg had healed enough for him to be able to do almost everything that he used to do before. Almost, being the key word.

Despite being discharged nine months ago, Demyan had only come back home to his parents several nights ago. He never wanted to burden them, but more than that, he refused to let them see him in that state. Though he came out of the battle field sane, Demyan still left a big part of him there. The first few months back, he wasn't quite himself, and he didn't want his parents to meet the person he had become in those awful few months. Even though he'd gotten most of himself back together by now, Demyan still found a difficulty in having hope.

Having never felt like he belonged anywhere, Demyan was finally at home when he was in the army. He had willingly given up everything in his life, and was even willing to give his life entirely. After having accepted that sort of sacrifice, Demyan had felt almost like a failure to have come back home almost as healthy (and alive) as he had left. Nevertheless, his parents were beyond thrilled that he had finally decided to retire. Of course, he couldn't tell them what really happened, so he had settled for a small lie that would probably crumble down on him if they decided to talk to his friends back in the army.

Demyan simply did not want them to worry and trouble themselves over him. They've done more than enough for him when he was younger, and this was his way of repaying them. Besides, his injury was almost as good as gone. As long as he doesn't strain his leg too much, no one would be the wiser. Except, Demyan was a stubborn one, and he always insisted on using it, in hopes it would make it stronger. However, he wasn't that lucky today. He had decided to borrow his father's truck to buy the house's necessities. After an uneventful few minutes, Demyan's leg spasmed for a few moments, leaving him losing control. Demyan managed to hit the break quick enough not to cause an actual crash, but not fast enough to miss hitting a pole.

He was now left with a broken headlight and a father who would probably need his car by the next morning. Which was how Demyan found himself driving towards the local automotive shop. Stepping out of the car, once parked in, Demyan glanced around to find the only mechanic who didn't seem to have his hands buried in some motor. "How fast can you fix that?" Demyan spoke as he took a few steps closer to the male, a slight sheepish grin across his lips as he pointed towards the headlight. "The car isn't exactly mine, and I would rather the person not find out that I'm actually not as capable as they believe I am," Demyan blabbered with a slightly nervous chuckle.

By Bi Blitz
                      hope this is good. I kinda wanted to explain Demi's psyche I guess haha

call sprouts

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 pm
User Image

Alexander Valentine

The day was going rather slowly for Alexander which was usually the case honestly, it was better than those days where there were more cars than there were people to work on them. But then even those days had their silver lining since it meant more money was coming into the shop and his had a reputation for being trustworthy to the people of town, never lying to people just to add on extra to a bill. Trust from the community was really what kept them afloat compared to the more big name repair shops, he and his shop were trusted with honesty and fair prices which was something he was sure to beat into the heads of every single one of his employees and if anyone did ever suggest that something else needed repairing Alex would always be sure covertly double check just to make sure. Thankfully it's only happened a handful of times since his opening many years ago and mostly with new employee's who worked under those dishonest practices before hand. Alexander would be pulled from his musings when a new car with a busted headlight rolled into the garage and he grinned and approached the young man who seemed to want to skip pleasantries and cut right to the chase "Well hello to you too" he chuckled a little bit as he looked at the damage on the headlight and the metal surrounding the light, the dents were very noticeable but could be easily fixed but the headlight would take a bit more work since he noticed the light bulb was pushed in further than it should have been. With this quick analysis he looked up and chuckled a little bit at the other man when he explained the car wasn't his in a nervous tone "Hey now, deep breaths. It's nothing that serious, I'll see how long it takes me but I can't rush things" he explained to the other man before motioning him to the back of the shop where there were a line of chairs only a couple feet away. With that Joseph would grab the tools needed and first went about buffing out and repairing the dents in the body of the car "I don't recognize you, it's a small town and I kind of know everyone here at least a little bit. You new here?" he asked, throwing a curious look over his shoulder as he worked away on the vehicle.

call sprouts
It's great biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:52 am
User Image

Hearing the male greet him, Demyan could almost hear his mother's voice in the back of his mind, scolding him about how he was being rude to just jump right to the important bits. It wasn't exactly the first time the male had done that, and it probably wouldn't be the last. Demyan genuinely saw it as a good thing; skipping the small talk, not wasting time with the usual questions that are asked in the same tone every single time, with little interest of the true answer. However, living in a small town like this, Demyan knew that it was how you kept good relations with the community. He simply had to readjust himself after being away for so long.

Demyan took a step away, and waited as the male inspected the damage. The blonde was desperately hoping to hear that it was an easy fix. He certainly did not want to worry his parents about his injury. But, if push had come to shove, Demyan would simply blame it on his lack of sleep. That, he couldn't exactly hide from them. He hadn't told them about the nightmares, just that it was hard to get used to such a soft bed after sleeping rough for all those years.

The male was taken out of his thoughts as he heard the mechanic speak. A heavy sigh escaping his lips out of relief. "That's incredibly good to hear" He stated, nodding as the male said that he couldn't rush it. "I've got all day," He grinned lightly before looking back at the chairs he was offered. Demyan sat down, his eyes glanced around the shop that his parents had spoken highly of a couple days ago, when they were showing Demyan around. Truthfully, if they hadn't, Demyan would have probably gone to another, much larger, shop; it was the only one he actually knew from before he had left.

Demyan's attention was instantly directed towards the male as he started speaking. A small smile creeping to his lips at his words. That was actually what he most liked about his town, that everyone knew each other, and it always felt cozy to him. Though, coming back after all those years, Demyan knew it would only be normal that he would have to meet some new faces. "I actually grew up here," Demyan stated with a slight pride in his tone. "I just came back after around seven years abroad." Demyan wasn't exactly one to go around telling people that he was in the army. He wasn't ashamed of it, rather the opposite, but he felt like announcing it at first would sound awfully conceited.

"I'm the Benson's kid," Demyan would always refer to himself as a kid when it came to his parents, because he was still the type to act spoiled around them, even at his age. "You can call me Demi." If the male did know his parents, considering he stated that he knew almost everyone, then he would have probably heard about Demyan's enlistment. His parents only had one son right now, which was why he was their pride and joy, despite him taking a path that they didn't exactly approve of.

By Bi Blitz

call sprouts

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:25 am
User Image

Alexander Valentine

It was rather different for Alexander to have someone who wanted to skip the usual pleasantries of opening conversations. Usually people were more than happy to talk his ear off about this and that instead of actually getting to work on their cars so it was admittingly enough a nice change of pace for him. Once Alexander posed his question he would blink in surprise when the other man informed him that he had grown up in this town and he had just gotten back abroad "No way, that's pretty cool! Must be glad to finally be home, ay?" he threw a grin over his shoulder as Alexander began to soon hammer out the larger dents, this was not an easy thing to do and it was one that took a practiced hand such as his. However when the other man told him who his parents were and his name Alexander blinked a bit and turned to look at Demi fully "No way, I'm their next door neighbor!" he grinned a little bit "Now that you mention it though, I was chatting with Mrs. Benson a couple weeks ago and she did say that she her son was finally coming home" of course she had left out what exactly he was coming back from but it was rather funny to know just how small this town could be at times. He would then pause and looked the car over one more time and chuckled a little bit "Can't believe I didn't recognize their car, I see it almost every day" either way though he turned back to his work as he popped the hood and his smile turned a small frown, the casing for the head light was cracked, not a big deal but it just meant more work. So first and foremost he would get the tools and items to get the light back in place as well as repairing the crack "So if you don't mind me asking, what were you doing abroad?" he questioned the other man as he gently began to push the headlight back into it's original spot before trying to sauter the metal back into place.

call sprouts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:29 pm
User Image

"It's certainly nostalgic, especially with most of the places around here not changing by much, and the people that have known me at my worst years are still around," Demyan chuckled. Not to mention that he had missed his parents immensely. At some point throughout the years, their once-a-month written letters had started to cause him more pain than joy, due to how much he'd missed them. That, and how guilt-ridden he was to have left them in the first place. Demyan had no problems with being back, there were so many countless nights where he'd staid up imagining this moment. However, the fact that he was never going back to the army was what he found difficult to accept.

The blonde carelessly watched as the other male had been fixing the damage he'd done, but paused once Demyan introduced himself. "Ah, so you're Valentine." Demyan stated in a low voice, mainly as a recognition to his mothers' introduction to the new neighbors they had, which weren't many to begin with. All Demyan was told was the guy's name, Alexander Valentine, and the fact that he was a sweet guy; his mother's words. "Pleasure to meet you, then," Demyan grinned sheepishly, having actually been pestered by his mother to acquaint himself with the other for the last few nights he had been back.

And there it was. His mother had been spreading the word that he was coming back. Demyan couldn't help the deep smile crossing his lips at the thought of his mother being so happy to the point that she'd been expecting him for weeks. Demyan, of course, knew how much his parents loved him. But hearing it being said back to him just felt incredibly warm.

Demyan watched silently as the male had focused on the car once more. Now that Demyan had actually finally met his last new neighbor, it was time to both build new relations and rebuild old ones. Demyan truly felt old at the fact that he had to actually take physical notes to the things that he still needed to do before he would officially consider himself settled back into his hometown. Taking mental notes haven't worked in a while now, as he'd probably forget at least one of the crucial things, or mix a couple of them up. One of those crucial things had been to check back with a physical therapist, to see his leg's progress from last month's. Despite being told that it was hopeless, Demyan was still determined that he could get better enough to head back to the army.

His attention was once more directed at the other as he spoke. "Army." Demyan answered rather briefly, with a proud smile across his lips. "You know, living the dream," He let a chuckle slip by as he slumped down in his seat slightly, throwing his head back to stare up at nothing. Despite being filled with pride about it, this was the first time it actually pained him to have said that out-loud. The thought of him not being able to go back still roaming around his mind.

"What about you, Valentine?" Demyan questioned curiously as he fixed his posture, glancing back at the working male. "How long have you had the shop?" Demyan had another quick glance around before settling on the male once more. "What brought you around here in the first place?" Demyan was probably crossing some unspoken neighborhood boundary of not being too nosy, especially when it comes to someone's past. However, Demyan found that that was the best way to get to know someone; who they were, both mentally and physically, and how they'd gotten to where they are.

By Bi Blitz
                      I really like the way you write ~

call sprouts

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:36 pm
User Image

Alexander Valentine

Alexander smiled a little bit when the other man spoke about how the town was nostalgic for him. Honestly it made sense, this was a sleepy little town where change was slow and gradual. It was part of the reason why he loved this town so much, it is for all intent and purposes, the perfect town to raise his children. Then on top of that the people here were charitable, open, and so very kind to everyone was something the Mechanic very much appreciated. He remembered first arriving in this town with his wife so many years ago and how the two of them discussed spending the rest of their lives here. He quickly shook his head, there was no point in remembering those times as they were in the past and would only begin to dredge up more memories that he'd rather keep buried. Alexander hadn't heard the quiet comment from the other man over the usual sounds that came with an auto shop, however he did hear the others second comment and returned the others sheepish grin with one of his own "The pleasures all mind!" Alexander stated honestly with a pleasant smile on his face before getting back to working on this stubborn headlight. It seemed like no matter what he tried this thing just did not want to pop back into place, so troublesome. He would turn his head for a moment to inquire about how this little accident happened in the first place but stopped and instead wore a warm smile of his own. The Father very much could tell why Demi had such a smile on his face, the knowledge of one's parent being so excited at the prospect of seeing their child again. The older woman was so excited when she told him about her son coming back after so many years, honestly though he was still surprised by how old he was. Demi only seemed a few years younger than Alexander at best but then again they were much older than himself so it made sense the more he thought about it.

Once Alexander inquired about the other man's whereabouts he was surprised to hear that he had been in the army
"Really? Well thank you for your service Demi!..How about I give you half off for this repair job for putting yourself on the front lines?" he didn't offer an official military discount but he felt that it was the least he could do for the young man, he was after all a vet. Alexander would then blink a little bit when the other man questioned giw long he's had this shop and what brought him to this town, this caused a small smile to form on his face "Ten years ago I moved to this town and I've owned this shop for ten as well" he grinned a little bit "I took the college fund my parents had saved for me and left to this small town where I bought the building and using the money I renovated it to the garage it is today, the rest is history!" he explained as an audible popping sound could be heard from the car, the light finally going back into place, causing the older man to grin a little bit "There we go!" he exclaimed with a pleased look on his face.

Suddenly though a child's voice rung through the air of the garage as little Ace came running up to Alexander with a paper and pencil in his little hands
"Ace, you know you're not supposed to be out here on the floor" he scolded the young boy but didn't immediately send him off "Sorry Daddy but I need help with my homework, it's really hard!" the young boy held up a sheet of paper with some basic addition and subtraction on it and he could easily see which problem he was stuck on, it was all basic addition but there were several numbers on the problem that probably tripped the small boy up "Alright, let me see here" he stated, kneeling down to be closer to the boy as he took the paper and placed it against the bumper of the car "Sometimes big problems like this can be broken town into smaller, easier problems. One way is to use little carrots, use these and just add each of these numbers together little by little until you are left with two numbers you can work with" he drew out all the basic things Ace needed to do on the paper and the small boy stood there for a moment before a look of realization came over his face as he went to hug his Father but the older man put a hand up, gesturing to his greasy and dirty jumper "Thank you Daddy!" the boy instead leaned up and planted a kiss on his Fathers cheek before running back to Alex's office "Make sure to help Ann if she's stuck, OK?!" he called out to his seven year old, getting a loud 'OK' in response. Once that was done he turned to Demi and smiled a bit before chuckling "Kids, right?" he laughed a little bit before then beginning to work on getting the dents out of the metal while also saving as much of the paint as he could.

call sprouts
Thank you, your posts are enjoyable too biggrin

1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces