Submit

ToXicCareSS

Dedicated Loiterer

4,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╔══════════════════════════════════════╗

He was annoyed, but that was nothing new. In fact, it seemed as if he lived in a nearly constant state of annoyance these days. Tugging at the tie around his neck that felt as though it would strangle him, he clenched his teeth. What had ever possessed him to agree to speak at a high school full of slow-witted teenagers who had their noses glued to the screens of their cell phones? Oh, yea. The English teacher at this particular high school just happened to be the daughter of a very highly respected publisher that Ezra's agent just couldn't seem to get an appointment with. So, as usual, he would have to take care of it himself. It must have been fate that they had coincidently run into each other at her favorite little cafe she frequents every Saturday evening. Where he had 'accidentally' bumped into her, hastily apologizing and introducing himself. Who could have guessed she was a fan of some of his previous works and had immediately recognized him? Ezra could hardly contain the slow smirk from creeping its way onto his face at the mere thought. It had all gone off without a hitch, well, nearly.

After chatting a bit about some of his previous books that she had read and enjoyed, he casually slipped it into the conversation that he was hoping to release something new in the near future, and was on the hunt for a new publisher to work with. Her face had immediately lit up as she excitedly stated that her father was a publisher and she would be more than happy to put in a good word.

"No, really, you don't say? How kind of you. I would hate to cause you any trouble." Just as he had been about to excuse himself, she had asked if he would be willing to speak to her writing class as a guest. What an utter waste of his time that had been. The only good thing that had come out of it was he had guaranteed a phone call to his agent, he just needed to wait for the confirmation. Ezra paused for a moment when his gaze caught something of interest. A bar. Just what he needed. Changing direction slightly, Ezra was soon pulling open the front door. Blue eyes danced around a bit in mild curiosity, taking in his new surroundings as he made his way to the bar and took a seat. He could have easily waited till he had gotten home to drown his irritation in alcohol, but he couldn't remember the last time he had treated himself to a casual evening out. Why not indulge just a bit?

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

{OOC:}

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Saki's Bar

Saki was busy organizing the bar behind the counter as it was pretty slow at the moment which a few patrons here and there conversing, so his back was turned when Ezra walked in. "I'll be with you in a minute." he said out to them as he continued to organize the various drinks before deciding after a few minutes that it would bo before turning about to find someone sitting at the bar counter. "Hello, sir. Welcome to my bar. How may I serve you?" he asked with a smile as he donned his apron and tied it off as he awaited a response. As he did he got a good look at the man before him. He was handsome in cold way and something told him to be on alert and wary of this other male.

As a far, Saki's instincts were sharper than most and he learned to never ignore them as they had saved his life many times from some sticky situations with his own kind and others. He stood there, waiting patiently for the other man to talk. "We have a menu too if you wanna choose from that." he added with another smile.

ToXicCareSS
I hope this is okay.

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ToXicCareSS

Dedicated Loiterer

4,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:29 pm

So, this was the bar owner? A slight raise of a single eyebrow was the only hint at Ezra's surprise. The man before him looked fairly young. Oh well, as long as the kid knew how to pour liquor into a glass. 'Arent you a colorful one.' He thought to himself as he briefly studied the other male who was patiently waiting for his order. It wasn't often he saw someone sporting lime green hair, which matched a rather striking pair of green eyes. You would think it to be a tad bit overwhelming, and yet the color seemed to suit the cheerful individual. "Being served by the owner himself, what a rare treat. Most business owners nowadays simply let their employees deal with the customers. Do you prefer to be hands-on then? A menu isn't necessary. Can I just get a Vieux Carre?" He had a craving for Cognac.

{OOC: Yes it's fine 3nodding }

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Saki's Bar

Saki blinked at the statement before giving a small laugh. "You should be honored." he replied, amusement coloring his voice. "I adore my emplyees by the bar is my element. So yeah, I'd say hands on. Plus, the last time I left a employee in charge of the bar, they nearly burned it down. So, it's just me who works the bar." he added as he got what he needed to make the other's drink. That was kind of a strong drink and had to wonder if the other male was having a rough day to order it. Oh, well. None of his business. "One Vieux Career coming up." he said as he got what he needed to make said drink. He made a show of it of course to entertain the other male while he waited. And soon enough, the man, he really had to get his name, had his designated drink in front of him. "Here you go, sugar. One Vieux Carre just as you ordered. Enjoy." he said with another smile just as there was a crash in the back. He sighed to himself as he went to go check, thrusting his head to through the back door. "Garret! I swear to the gods that if anything in that back room was any alcohol, I will kick your goth backside!" he said to a pale, black wearing young man about 18 or so. The boy, Garrett just gave a grunt before going back to sticking. He shook his head before going back to Ezra. "By the way, what's your name if you don't mind me asking" he asked after a minute.

ToXicCareSS

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ToXicCareSS

Dedicated Loiterer

4,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:26 am

Reaching for the glass that was set in front of him, Ezra was just about to mutter out a "thanks" when a loud crash from the back of the bar stole both their attention. He simply watched in slight amusement as the owner quickly went to investigate. It wasn't long after that that the sound of a raised voice could be heard. Smirking as he took a sip of his drink, Ezra could imagine the person responsible for the loud ruckus was receiving quite a tongue lashing from the spirited green-haired youth. His focus soon shifted towards the drink he had just taken a sip of. Well, what do you know? Apparently, the bartender was skilled in his craft after all.

It wasn't long until the other returned shaking his head. Choosing to keep his comments to himself in favor of continuing to sip the satisfying beverage he paused at the others question. Slowly lowering the glass that had been nearly to his lips, blue eyes simply studied him for a second. "Ezra." Was the curt reply. "Well done on the drink, by the way, it could actually pass for moderately enjoyable."

{OOC: }

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:50 am

Saki's Bar

Saki watched at the the man, now named Ezra, give him a look as he paused the glass to his mouth. "Ezra, hmm. That's a rather unique name. It suits you." he replied, not taking offense to the other male's last comment about his skills being moderate. He had been called worse by other creatures, looking to intimidate him out of business as they didn't like him. It never worked though. He was here to stay and wasn't going anywhere. "I'm going to take that as a compliment, sir." he added with a sharp smile. "Is there anything else I can get you or are you set?" he asked after a beat, making a mental note to check up on this Ezra fellow. He seems very interesting so far but maybe that was his Fae side talking. Yeah. That sounded right. As he waited for an answer, he watched the other patrons out of the corner of his eye and frowned when he saw a couple ready to fight. "Hey, you two! Don't think about fighting in my bar! You want to fight take it somewhere else. You know the rules by now!" he yelled at them, watching them flinch at his tone of voice and then scurry out after leaving the money on the table. "Idiots." he muttered to himself before turning his attention back to Ezra, unaware that his eyes had glowed for just a brief moment. Those to frequent the bar knew who he was as well as what he was and they were not about to take any chances at tickinf him off.

ToXicCareSS

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ToXicCareSS

Dedicated Loiterer

4,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:06 pm

This time,Ezra wasn't quite fast enough to hide his surprise. He simply blinked at the male behind the bar in a blank kind of way. Perhaps his eyes were simply playing tricks on him? Maybe he was more worn out than he thought? The drink he was currently sipping on was rather strong, but he hadn't drunk nearly enough of it to be inebriated. Certainly not to the point of hallucinating such things as someone's eyes glowing. It had only been for a brief second, but he could have sworn he saw it when the other had raised his voice at the two patrons.

"There is...one more thing. He paused for a brief moment. "Since I was so forthcoming when you asked for my name, perhaps you would grace me with the same courtesy? Unless you would prefer to be continuously referred to as 'the bartender.' " Ezra didn't normally care much to take the time to get to know someone unless he saw them as beneficial to obtaining something he desired, or they somehow managed to peak his interests. Well, consider them officially peaked by this particular individual.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Saki's Bar

Saki just stared back, still smiling while wondering why the other male was staring at him like that? Was there something on his face? He blinked when Ezra started talking again. "Oh?" was his response to the first statement as he waited for the rest of the statement. Ah. He wanted to know his name. Hmm. "I understand. The name is Saki. I own the bar." he said after a beat. "Nice to meet you." he added, crossing his arms as he watched the other male. He had a slightly feeling that somehow he had needed up on this man's radar. He doesn't know if he should worry or not. Eh. He would deal with it if it came to that. There was no way he was going to tell this man that he wasn't even human but a Fae. There was another crash in the back and he sighed inwardly as mentally deducted it from the boy's pay bit kept his eyes on Ezra. He was going to have to give the boy another job as he didn't think his bottles would last long if his employer kept breaking them.

ToXicCareSS

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers