Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
What has made you sad? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:14 pm
My aunt took Grandma to the hospital because Grandma wasn't feeling too well last Wednesday. Turns out that she got the Covid during the holiday festivities. It also turns out everyone in my household have the Covid, including myself. For me though, my symptoms are mostly coughing fits. No fever or soreness. Hoping to feel better by Monday, since tomorrow (Sunday) is snowing all day.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:40 pm
Well wishes for you and your family! emotion_hug  

Village Aide
Crew

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:41 pm
Village Aide
Thank you. I took another test today and it looks like I'll be negative by tomorrow (the line is very faint). Rest of my family have OTC cough medicines to help tide things over, and it looks like everyone's recovering as well. The whole coughing fits will be around for a lot longer though, but at least there aren't any fevers or faint spells or the like.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:46 am
Yen Quest
Village Aide
Thank you. I took another test today and it looks like I'll be negative by tomorrow (the line is very faint). Rest of my family have OTC cough medicines to help tide things over, and it looks like everyone's recovering as well. The whole coughing fits will be around for a lot longer though, but at least there aren't any fevers or faint spells or the like.

Thanks for the update! I hope this is all over soon for you all!  

Village Aide
Crew

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:03 am
Nobody reads anymore. It has gotten to the point where Gaia is on the edge of extinction. Nobody even attempts to use grammar or spelling. They shrug it off as something funny. While we all have typos, a lot of the time, those can be corrected if we just slow down to take the time to re-read what we typed before hitting send.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:25 am
I feel ignored on here.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:12 pm
empress dee
I feel ignored on here.
If you mean this guild in particular, I believe it's just due to lack of activity. Guilds aren't as active as its main forums and even Gaia website in its entirety isn't all that active (when compared to other social medias). Most people who come here are in it for the dress up portion.

Well, I don't venture beyond Gaia Community Forum, Site Feedback, Minishops, and Marketplace, so I can't say anything about other areas of the website. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:13 pm
Yen Quest
empress dee
I feel ignored on here.
If you mean this guild in particular, I believe it's just due to lack of activity. Guilds aren't as active as its main forums and even Gaia website in its entirety isn't all that active (when compared to other social medias). Most people who come here are in it for the dress up portion.

Well, I don't venture beyond Gaia Community Forum, Site Feedback, Minishops, and Marketplace, so I can't say anything about other areas of the website. sweatdrop

I understand why I am being ignored. Its because everyone is more ignorant these days. Its the way of the world and its sad. Its not just this guild, my guild too has become dead other than my posts. I feel as if people are afraid of me and that's nothing new. I am labelled and thats even sadder.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:08 am
empress dee
I understand why I am being ignored. Its because everyone is more ignorant these days. Its the way of the world and its sad. Its not just this guild, my guild too has become dead other than my posts. I feel as if people are afraid of me and that's nothing new. I am labelled and thats even sadder.
The world these days are all about labelling people so that they can "feel like they're being seen" when it's also a double edge sword "labeling people to create fear/hate/divide."

While it could be fear, I think the reasoning is more along the line of lacking attention or time to hang out. People are busy living from paycheck to paycheck (typically those with a family), and don't have as much energy to socialize as they were younger. Meanwhile, the younger generation is more used to the instant gratifications (like short videos from Tiktock), resulting in shorter attention spans. Waiting for people isn't in their patience.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:04 am
Yen Quest
empress dee
The world these days are all about labelling people so that they can "feel like they're being seen" when it's also a double edge sword "labeling people to create fear/hate/divide."

While it could be fear, I think the reasoning is more along the line of lacking attention or time to hang out. People are busy living from paycheck to paycheck (typically those with a family), and don't have as much energy to socialize as they were younger. Meanwhile, the younger generation is more used to the instant gratifications (like short videos from Tiktock), resulting in shorter attention spans. Waiting for people isn't in their patience.

I think what needs to happen is revert some things back to the old days. Not everything, just some things. Like, when children act up and do not listen for instance, a simple slap on the behind (not multiple times) will suffice. While hitting others can be deemed as wrong, if its minor and only to correct misbehavior, then okay. Like a message to say no, don't do that again.

Secondly, make reading mandatory. Teach people how to read and write. Broaden the imaginations. These days, it feels like I am the only one who remembers their dreams when they wake up. The reason that is is because I am always reading things, I am aware of my surroundings, and therefore, my mind comes up with wild things at night, thus creating the best of adventures.

The nothing cannot win when it comes to fantasia and that is what is happening due to the world today.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:34 pm
empress dee
I think what needs to happen is revert some things back to the old days. Not everything, just some things. Like, when children act up and do not listen for instance, a simple slap on the behind (not multiple times) will suffice. While hitting others can be deemed as wrong, if its minor and only to correct misbehavior, then okay. Like a message to say no, don't do that again.

Secondly, make reading mandatory. Teach people how to read and write. Broaden the imaginations. These days, it feels like I am the only one who remembers their dreams when they wake up. The reason that is is because I am always reading things, I am aware of my surroundings, and therefore, my mind comes up with wild things at night, thus creating the best of adventures.

The nothing cannot win when it comes to fantasia and that is what is happening due to the world today.
I have an aunt who is stuck inbetween 3 generation gaps. The elderly are stuck in their old ways (think of strict Asian parents) while the younger want to break away from that due to emotional trauma. In my culture, people don't talk about "trauma/PTSD" but they do speak about it silently in artistic/movie/game/literary-works, and yes it is most definitely apparent in fantasy setting.

I think what's also important is culture. Not just the traditional history type of sense, but the fun side of it too (like how everyone's all about Japan when it comes to anime/games from there). If people are more exposed to the "fun" side of it, then people would be more interested in learning.  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff