Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2020)
<H> sdrawkcab Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:39 pm

User Image
Event Deadline: (UTC-5) 11:59 pm EST

Your Timezone Deadline:
(UTC-5) SAME day 11:59 PM

📌 Be sure to post in the main thread too!
Please do not quote anyone into this place!
Click the banner to go back to the main thread~

User Image

User Image

Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
Here's some highlights:
One post per day
Label your days
Spoil all bugs-related subjects

Use this format when posting~
Comment is optional

[list][list][list] [color=black][size=11] [b]Day #[/b]
[u]Theme[/u]:

[img="400"] [/img]

[u]Comments[/u]: [/size]

[align=right][size=9] [/size][/color][/align] [/list][/list][/list]

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:13 pm
        Day # One
        Theme: Flamingo

User Image

Comments: I've capped the image to 500 using the code, but this is the full size.
        A ref was eyeballed. It's a photo of a flamingo standing on a beach. I just grabbed it off Google image search and will try to be more mindful after this about picking refs that are royalty free. <.<;;; My proportions are a little off but that's what I get for not spending much time on the sketch phase. Spent about an hour on it and then several more minutes tweaking little things.
        I'm so excited for this event :D
        Link to thread post
        (I know this info isn't required, but I like it for my own records.)

Meet the Artist (Artist Card), Overgrown, Flamingo, Big Ben, Capricorn, Orchids

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:57 am
        Day # Two
        Theme: Disney, Rose

User Image

Comments: My art before the tweaks. This is a mashup of the Cheshire Cat with the Rose from Alice in Wonderland. It's the Tim Burton Cheshire with the colors from the original Disney film. The image is larger, but I used the code tags to resize it.
        As to refs, I used too many to list. I used a google image search and looked at a lot of the Rose to figure out her petals because all the screen caps are such low resolution. I grabbed the colors from a couple different Cheshire Cat screen caps. And I looked at screen caps of Tim Burton's Cheshire Cat.
        This pic.... took way longer than I thought it would. I like it, but feel it wasn't worth the time and effort. x -x; I wasn't originally gonna keep the lines, but decided to do it to save time. I lost a lot of time trying to draw the rose petals. I eventually got them all drawn.... ...and then I cropped it down. XD; So the real original, not here, has the full rose (just the red petal part).
        I spent 2.5 hours on this piece. I originally decided to do this because I thought it would be faster than drawing a realistic rose. Psssshhhh. The realistic one would've been about the same.. maybe less...
        thread post

1/15/20 edit; Considering a redo where I remove the lines between the shadow and highlight portions (that had been kept for time). Add more petals to the rose character so it looks more like a rose... since the cat face is jarring and the anchor of the iconic red color got lost. I was frustrated by how much the rose character didn't look like a rose once the color was removed. I know, my lines made it worse since I demarcated the shadows and highlights. //I'll start with the version that's not posted here since it has the full petals.
        Also! Just looked at a crisper image of the rose and saw a shadow that I didn't see before! I knew that petal was suspiciously lacking and weird... but the photos I used didn't show it. I should have searched harder for a crisp image because I just found one easily. XD;

Rainbow, Shy, Antelope, Tokyo, Rose, Disney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:58 am
        Day # Three
        Theme: Turtle

User Image

Comments: Here's the ref image. This piece took about 2 hours. I, again, thought it would go faster. I knew it would take some time since I hadn't drawn a sea turtle before... or any turtle from a ref. I usually make super simple cartoon ones, but I wanted to play with color~~ A lot of time went into testing brushes = .= because I hadn't tried drawing this style in Procreate yet. Used to do it on the app Draw Something 2 (years ago, before the app died).
        The image is MUCH larger but capped to 400 using image tags
        I'm pretty happy with this. I wanted to go crazier with it and not stick to normal shadow/highlight rules. And @ .@;; I sorta accomplished my goal. I still stuck to patterns. OTL. But! I wanted to play with color and sooo mission accomplished. Got that out of my system for a bit. XD;
        thread post

Fashion: 20s, Teeming, Turtle, Colosseum, Crown, Batman

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 am
        Day # Four
        Theme: Bunny

User Image

Comments: Image capped using code tags. Ref pic. Went for realism ish. Bunny took about two hours. The flowers took almost ish another hour. And playing with the bg and final tweaks added maybe another 40 ish mins as I played around. I definitely could keep tweaking this so I just had to stop. x ---x
        Also, new goal, do some more simplistic designs that only take about an hour <.<;;
        edit; Rephrasing the goal. I'd like to improve on this style... but I'd also like to improve on some other styles that have more potential for being completed in less than an hour. XD; So I'm gonna scale back and do other things I've been wanting to try.
        thread post

Medium: Coffee, Ship, Bunny, Empire State Building, Shrine Charm, Tarzan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:15 pm
        Day # Five
        Theme: monochrome red

User Image
        gif
        User Image

Comments: Started out with the idea to sketch. Decided to sketch Carol from Where the Wild Things Are. Saw his stripes, had Cheshire Cat on the brain still and decided to combine the two. So it's a kinda sorta accidental almost second theme (combine two animals).
        Since the Cheshire disappears, I wanted to try making it a gif. Good thing, too XD; cuz in the middle of making the gif, I remembered to check the time and I'd only just hit 45 mins. Whole thing took about an hour overall. ... Mainly since it's the first time I used "Animation Assist" in Procreate 5 and there was a slight learning curve. (I've made animations using the old layout before, so I knew the gist of it.)
        I don't normally pay so much attention to the time while drawing, so this is a good gauge. Might have to provide a couple sketchy things each time. XD; ...depending on how difficult it is to nail down the sketch. This one was easy. Eyeballed Carol and Cheshire as I did it since I wanted them to be recognizable. XD;;
        thread post

Combine two animals, Shattered, Manta Ray, Jupiter, Monochrome Red, Witchsona

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:21 am
        Day # Six
        Theme: Childhood Toy

User Image

later edit; tweaked o wo
        User Image

Comments: Rubber ducky = the best childhood toy. ;D Cuz you don't need to be a child. o 3o No refs used. Took about an hour to draw duck and bubbles ... but then I decided to have more fun with the bubbles and that took about another ehh 30 mins. XD;;
        First time attempting bubbles so maybe should have used a ref. Oh well.
        Posting this now since I'll be gone most of the day and don't want the worry of posting before the deadline to hang over me.
        thread post

Childhood Toy, Ashes, Hellhound, Notre Dame, Loki, Vampires

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:26 pm
        Day # Seven? Wow. It feels both shorter and longer than seven days. x ---x;;
        Theme: Buttercup

User Image

Comments: Many buttercup photo refs used for drawing the flowers, but not the layout. Content but not happy with this piece. It took about an hour and a half to finish it the first time and then maybe 20 more minutes to add the colorful flowers. This should've gone faster but XD; the buttercups were a more intricate flower than I first anticipated.
        Goal is still what it was the other day <.<;; draw something less time consuming. Live and learn. I learned that if I'm gonna attempt a slightly complex (or more complex) flower, I'll stick to just one.
        New goal; be okay with posting an unfinished piece XD; ... but this looked like such crap. ; o; and still kinda does
        thread post

Draw bottom to top, Spicy, Snail, London Eye, Buttercup, Mulan

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:29 pm
        Day # eight
        Theme: bat

User Image

Comments: Drew Noibat selfie mode. Refs used to know what Noibat looks like. Used the opportunity to try something different with brushes so this sketchy mess still took an hour
        thread post

Draw a cartoon character in a different style, Mask, Bat, Berlin Wall, Hermes, Martin Luther King Day

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:49 am
        Day # Nine
        Theme: Draw without using a curved line, Ukulele

User Image User Image

Comments: The colored version is what I'm considering to be the piece for the day.
        I'm submitting the black lines with this because that's where I sunk most of my time into. Then it got scrapped from the final. XD; Time mostly got sunk into making sure my angles looked okay... and making lots of little lines. x -x; Eyeballed a ukulele for proportions. 43 mins.

Draw without using a curved line, Illusion, Corgi, St. Basil’s Cathedral, Heterochromia, Ukulele

[list][list][list] [color=black][size=11] [b]Day #[/b]
[u]Theme[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]: [/size]

[align=right][size=9] [/size][/color][/align] [/list][/list][/list]

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:04 pm
        Day # Ten
        Theme: Finish/improve an earlier work from this event (and bonus Monkey)

User Image

User Image User Image

Comments: Colored my monochrome red sketch from Day Five. It doesn't look it, but I spent like 45 mins coloring it. <.<;; I cleaned up the lines a little bit, but wanted to keep the sketchy look. Refs were used to color pick from. I originally thought of this as the monster in Cheshire form... but his bottom half is mostly white. Sure, there are scales to add texture, but I wanted to have more fun with colors.

I also tested a couple art apps on my phone. These monkeys are a result of the quick tests. The full monkeys took about 7-8 mins (each), but that's mostly due to being unfamiliar with the apps and the awkwardness of the small screen. No refs used.
        thread post

Finish/improve an earlier work from this event, Blind, Monkey, Taj Mahal, Aquarius, David Bowie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:39 pm
        Day # Eleven
        Theme: Collar, Frozen

User Image

User Image

Comments: This is supposed to be a child version of Sven, the reindeer, from Frozen. He's wearing a collar.
        Used 3 ref pics. Two Funko Pop kind of toys and one clip art of Sven from, I assume, the movie. (The first is an amazon link) ref 1 ref 2 ref 3
        The initial sketch went pretty quickly. I initially picked this prompt in order to play with colors in fur. I somehow doubled down into lining it all even though I didn't need line art. XD; So I gave it all a flat color treatment just for submitting it today. I want to eventually return to it and do my original plan. I've included the sketch cuz i think it's cuter than the (current) final form. This took about 1.5 hours due to the line work. I'm not certain of the drawing time this time because I spent a lot of it watching TV.
        thread post

Draw metal armor, Collar, Butterfly, Arc De Triomphe, Hibiscus, Frozen

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:34 pm
        Day # Twelve
        Theme: Personified animal/object

User Image User Image

Comments: cute ice cream. no refs used. probably ended up being around an hour since I played (unsuccessfully) with trying to create the white lining by just duplicating and expanding the image.
        thread post

Personified animal/object, Doppelganger, Wolf, Mount Everest, Mermaid, Avengers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:08 am
        Day # Thirteen
        Theme: Spirit Challenge

warning: more cats in spoiler. image heavy.
        User Image User Image

User Image User Image
        User Image User Image
        User Image User Image
        User Image User Image
        User Image User Image
        User Image User Image
        User Image User Image
        User Image User Image
        User Image User Image

Comments: True Karma requested a cat in a witch hat.
        Colors: The cat must be calico. Each cat is available with a pattern or you can make your own pattern.The hat is a witch hat, but doesn't have to be a specific color.
        The lines are on a transparent background. The images are capped at 200px using Gaia's code, but the actual linked images are much larger.

EDIT; Just noticed that I gave the first /two/ cats a wonky leg. @ .@;;; I will change that later today when I get the chance.
        Edit 2; I’m on my iPad so I can’t switch out the links yet. Updated versions: -link removed-
        Edit 3; fixed and the corrected links were PM'd to the 100 Days Mule to be updated in the list (and got updated)

thread post One ref was used for the most detailed cat. Looked at a photo of a cat. Otherwise, no refs used. Overall took less than two hours, but idk the actual time since I spent a lot of it watching TV.

Spirit Challenge: Part I, Secret, Raven, Buckingham Palace, Thor, Chinese New Year

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:09 pm
        Day # Fourteen
        Theme: Spirit Challenge: Part II

All images are larger, but capped to 300. idk what's up with the spoilers, but the first one won't play nice. (If I wrap them all in one spoiler, it only spoils the first pic. But nothing in the code is different from the other pics. So it has to be double spoiled)

User Image
        Comments: Requester: True Karma Line art: ZyriFrost
        Cat! I kinda followed the fur of your lines c:

User Image User Image
        Comments: Requester: True Karma Line art: WraythRose Darkthorn
        I know that's not why you shaded the hat that way but I hope you don't mind that I played with it a little > <

User Image
        Comments: Requester: 100 Day Event Line art: Hypnotic X
        I saw it and had to color it~ o 3o

User Image
        Comments: Requester: True Karma Line art: Leonaenae
        Thank you for drawing Cabbi! XD;; <3 I couldn't resist~

User Image
        Comments: Requester: AB102 Line art: True Karma
        I just had to color that blue hair XD

User Image
        Comments: Requester: Sayuu Line art: Kashikun Reborn
        This was fun to color c: Couldn't resist that hat (and the rest of it)

[post 1] [post 2]
        Spirit Challenge: Part II, Furious, Owl, Niagara Falls, Magician, Studio Ghibli

100 Days Event (2020)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff