Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
Bonding with a Veteran (Kaileer/Thresher)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:48 pm
Start Bonding Narrative Mission: Path to Power. EXP done at C+1 Rank

Thresher let out a breath and collapsed to the ground. Her sword fell away from her and stuck almost halfway into the ground. The girl fell onto her butt only to fall back to lay down on the ground. She was panting and sweating puddles after working for so long. The sun’s higher now.. She thought as she controlled her breathing down to a relaxed feeling. “Hadn’t noticed…” Thresher mumbled to herself. The ninja had been out since before the sun had even come up, and had been training so hard that the passage of time didn’t even occur to her. She folded her hands behind her head and started to relax even further as she proceeded to think. What was going on with her? When did she start working so hard? Normally things either came naturally or… they didn’t happen. The concept of trying to learn something had never even occurred to her, much like the passage of time. Thresher never needed to know these things to survive, so she never bothered. But something felt like it was missing...

She wanted to be stronger. That was the whole reason she started down this path of the shinobi in the first place; to see just how much stronger she could become in this world of ninja, and prove that she could stand at the top. But since she arrived in Arashigakure, it became evident that she wasn’t even capable of being ranked. Toso, the Uzumaki, the Narukami sisters.

That old man, Kai.

Some of his words had even continued to echo through her mind. ”... it doesn’t mean we can’t live for something.

Just what was he talking about? As a stray cloud crossed over the rays of the sun, Thresher closed her eyes and enjoyed the cool shade for just a moment. She had lived her life with no purpose but to survive, and the idea for living for something? She couldn’t even begin to think of anything. All the girl could think of was just to become stronger, and if her natural strength wasn’t enough then she’d need to train.

Thresher lifted a hand from behind her head and examined it closely. The palm was sore and tearing from the hours of work. Calluses, something she hadn’t experienced in a long time. Not since she first rummaged a sword from a corpse and took it her own possession. But the signs of hard work stained her hands and she didn’t… feel any stronger.

Thresher thought back to her match with Tatsu. She’d experienced an energy she’d never felt before, something he called ‘chalk rock.’ But ever since, she hadn’t been able to feel the same rush of power, or call upon it willingly.

The girl clenched her hand into a fist and rose to a sitting position. Then she stood back up, using her sword to pull her to her feet as she then pulled it from the dirt.

“Maybe swinging my sword around some more like I have been will give me new results…” she sighed, not even laughing at her own dumb joke before she went back to her drills.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:44 pm
User Image

K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I don't need to face my demons; they are with me all the time. Throuoh the foo inside mv head I see the world iust fine.
I don't need to face my demons; they are with me all the time. Through the fog inside my head I see the world just fine.
B - R A N K B U K I J U T S U - B L O O D L I N E J I T O N / R A I U

I don't need to solve my problems; they're the only thing that's mine.

[Location:] Arashigakure: The Stormcloud District

"If you want to get stronger," I called out to the gray-skinned girl as she dragged herself back to her feet, "you might want to swing around something heavier than a sword." Originally, I'd been there with the intention of using the quiet space to see if I could manage to slip back into one of the States. I hadn't been able to access them ever since my injury more than a year before. I guessed my mind and, by extension, my chakra were just in too much turmoil for it to work. Besides, the noise caused by the girl's training was quite the distraction and, at some point, I'd given up meditating and just watched her instead.

She swung the sword with relative ease, but her swings were erratic and lacked any sort of finesse. There was a clear strength behind her motions, but a lot of that strength went to waste into jarring slashes that weren't necessary. She wasn't timid about the weapon, and had likely wielded it for quite some time, but she didn't seem to have any sort of real training with it. I gestured slightly toward her, or more specifically her hands. "If the grip is tearing up your hands, it probably needs a new wrapping. A sword is an extension of yourself and should be comfortable regardless of how long you swing it."

Glancing around briefly, I pushed myself up from where I sat in the shade. I wasn't entirely sure why she'd caught my interest. If anything, butting in would probably annoy her, but I was getting agitated myself watching her. Maybe it was because of my poor attempt at an uplifting speech in the office, which I guess had helped--or I liked to think it helped anyway. I couldn't necessarily say she reminded me of myself due to the fact I'd been learning how to wield a blade since I could lift a stick, but I could sense in her a restless, impatient energy that I was all too familiar with.

I hesitated then, my gaze turning away. I shouldn't get involved. So far the cruelty I called my life had taken away everyone I'd tried to help. It was best if I kept my distance. But... a few tips couldn't hurt, right? I gave her a sidelong look, watching her from the corner of my eye. "Ah... never mind," I said after a moment. "Just happened to see you struggling a bit. Sorry to bother you." I turned away, intent on making a hasty retreat. I could come back and try again when the place was empty.

It's the shift that I'm afraid of. Darkness is benign. It's fine...

Sentences: 23

Current Stats:
• Strength: [2] x Speed: [3]
• Reflex: [3] x Fortitude: [0]

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries - Speed reduced by [1]. [Inactive]
• Liberation - B-rank - Feelings of guilt are suppressed. [Lasts until Kai'd.]

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

pyrategross

tab .CHAKRA : 910 / 910 .STAMINA : 1020 / 1020
                                          tab .XP : 1780 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Decent .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:44 pm
Someone calling out to her broke Thresher from her training, being her conscious back down to earth in an instant. It honestly made the girl jump and made her heart stop for a second. Thresher has no idea anyone was even around, let alone even being watched. The girl had been so focused on her training that she hadn’t even caught a whiff of any scent or any sound that someone was watching her. And just who was watching her anyway…?

Thresher turned and there, speaking of the devil, was that man from the Kages office. Black coat, black boots, and an ear full of piercings stood Kaileer. The former friend of the Kage, if Thresher remembered right. The girl thought she had picked a good enough spot to train by herself. To be secluded enough to focus and to not be, god forbid, watched. She was about to tell him to scram before she caught the scent of something in the air. Frustration, probably at the way she was training if she had to guess based on what he was telling her. There was something else, though. Sadness…? No, it wasn’t quite that. It was worse than that, just an emptiness. Yeah, that had to be it. The scent wafted off of this man as if he had bathed in it and it hung over him like a cloud.

“Is that it?” Thresher looked at the man with an eerily blank expression that his waves of anger. “You want to come over here and tell me what I’m doing wrong?” Thresher took steps toward Kai and grabbed him by the shoulder to try and spin him back around. “But do nothing about it?” Upon turning, if he had done so, Kai would see the fire in Thresher's eyes. She knew he was strong, just like the emptiness strength radiated off of him.

He had what she was looking for.

“I need to get stronger, like you said. And now I’m going to make that your problem.” Thresher was earnest… desperate even. She hated asking for help, but the shark needed to swallow her pride and get Kai to train her.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:24 am
User Image

I don't need to face my demons; they are with me all the time. Throuoh the foo inside mv head I see the world iust fine.
I don't need to face my demons; they are with me all the time. Through the fog inside my head I see the world just fine.

I grimaced when I heard the girl speak behind me, and then felt her hand on my shoulder as she whirled me around to face her. Her expression was strangely blank, eyes wide and focused. Despite the lack of emotion expressed, I knew anger better than most, and could almost feel it bubbling just beneath the visage. I diverted my gaze, looking off to the side, not really having the energy to defend myself. "I..." I started but she continued. If I dared to point out her faults, then she was going to make sure I did something about it. Great. I shouldn't have said anything to begin with.

There was something more there, though. My eyes turn back to her, where I could see the sincerity and determination of her words. This was a girl whose pride, not unlike myself, meant more than almost anything to her. It was painful to ask for help. To do so was to show weakness. Someone once taught me otherwise, and I had long since been striped of my ego, but at some point I had fallen back into a pit of pragmatism and vainglory where I believed I had to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. It made me wonder for a moment if this girl felt the same way.

I sighed. "It was.... Thresher, right?" I asked, somewhat rhetorically. While names weren't my strong point, she wasn't exactly... average in appearance. Near a foot taller than me, the gray-skinned girl had a variety of features that made her look almost like the shark she apparently shared heritage with. After living with a bunch of giants for almost a decade, I hadn't even really noticed the difference in height until she was standing over me.

"Can I ask why?" I took a small step back, putting a more comfortable amount of space between us. "Why do you want to be strong? There are more ways to accomplish that than taking the path of a shinobi. You could be safe as a civilian, assuming your protectors are doing their job right." While I had encouraged her to think about her choice in the office, there was no point in continuing this if she didn't have conviction as well. Releasing the buckle for my spadone's baldric, I moved away to set it aside, along with my coat, while I waited for a response. The cool air was actually a bit of a relief on the angry, red scar that decorated the joint of my left shoulder, which I took the moment to carefully stretch with a grimace. Saying I was rusty with sparring was an understatement, but it was the only real way to teach a weapon.

Sentences: 46

Current Stats:

Active Effects:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

pyrategross

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:41 pm
Thresher tilted her head and watched Kaileer as he walked away. The Genin was trying to give the man’s question so serious thought. It perplexed her, to say the very least. “Reason? Protectors?” She asked aloud, more so to herself but loud enough for the man to hear. For some reason, she felt like she could share this information with him. Information she’d never really talked about, much less thought about. “I don’t have either of those things.” Thresher eyed Kailer with an expression that indicated that she was speaking the truth, a moderately serious yet casual tone to her voice.

Thresher hoisted her sword from her shoulder and slowly started to loosen up her arms, more so out of habit. “We sharks don’t tend to stay with family, so I’ve been on my own for as long as I really remember. And bein like that, to try and survive, you don’t need a reason to get stronger outside of realizin that if you’re weak you’re dead.” She finished by meeting Kaileers eyes whenever he turned around. “Make sense?”  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 pm
User Image

I supposed it made sense. I didn't have much of a goal when I'd taken Kumogakure's headband either, outside of getting away from my family. It hadn't really matter then, since I was immediately drawn into a chain of chaos that led me to becoming Raikage by the time I was sixteen. I still wondered what possessed Kinpaku to decide to name me her successor instead of, say, Wan, who would have been much better for the position. But that was all in the past, and the past was irreversible. Regardless, after taking the seat, I'd always asked each of my prospective genin 'why?'. Because if they weren't there to defend the people who couldn't defend themselves, I wanted nothing to do with them. Unlike other Kage, I wasn't interested in expansion or power. I just wanted to see my people happy.

And I'd failed them.

The sensation of guilt was sucked away the moment I felt it, and my thoughts moved on as if I'd never even recalled the past. I had no control over who the Arashikage chose as his shinobi, and I was in no position to question his motives.

I gave Thresher a small, half-hearted grin. "I suppose," I answered with a noncommittal shrug. "I was more curious than anything." I prodded my shoulder gingerly and turned to face the girl fully, looking her over. "Did you have anything particular in mind you wanted to practice? I've been away for a long time, but I should be able to keep up pretty well."

Sentences: 60

Current Stats:

Active Effects:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

pyrategross

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:30 pm
Thresher took note of the man’s physique when he turned around. Just based on appearances, he looked pretty strong. Muscle formed on his torso from years of intense training and combat, or so she assumed. It was finally then that Thresher caught on to the scar on her shoulder, a garbled mass of skin that marred the top half of his body. The girl had seen a great many scars during her time wandering, and even more wounds that created scars. Sometimes created by her. Thresher was curious as to how it happened, and was thinking about asking as some people like to show off their scars from battle like trophies. But something about Kaileer, the way he held himself maybe, or the way he spoke, kept her from doing it. Somethings were best left forgotten, perhaps, and it was best to put it out of her mind. That was when the man’s voice brought her back to earth and it felt like she had come rushing back to reality.

What did she want to work on? She thought for a second. Her sparring match with Tatsu came to mind. The way he fought and moved overwhelmed her. Even if she did win the challenge, the girl had a feeling he was holding back and that she would’ve lost otherwise. But the way he moved was something she’d never seen. And even herself, Thresher had moved much faster than she had before… And all of that water… Did she do that? What was it that Tatsu had said he was using…? “What is ‘chalk rock’?” She asked, a blank look on her face. “What’re joot soos? On top of that…” Bloodlust came over her face. Only a little, not enough that indicated she wanted to kill him. Because she didn't have a desire to kill Kaileer. It was just her usual reaction to seeing someone she thought was strong. The sheer amount of energy made the girl’s blood start to boil and she couldn’t help but fidget. Thresher started to drum the hilt of her sword with her fingers impatiently. A wide toothy and fierce grin split her face as her pupils widened. “I wanna see what you’re made of and just how strong you are.”  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:15 pm
User Image

'Chalk rock'? Thresher's blank stare was somewhat off-putting. What did chalk have to do with anything we were doing? Then she asked what jutsu were, and it made more sense. Well, the fact she didn't know what chakra and jutsu were didn't but it wouldn't be the first time I'd taught someone about the fundamentals of our nature. Something in her expression shifted, making her gaze all the more unsettling, but I didn't let it phase me. It was in part determination, and I didn't feel threatened. She wanted to see what I was capable of. Rusty as I was, I'd do my best to give her a show then. The hard part would be remembering that this wasn't a fight for survival.

My hand settled on the hilt of my katana but I didn't move to draw it quite yet, although my attention did settle on the naked blade on her shoulder. Metal. Perfect. "Chakra," I started, "is a form of energy that exists in most living things. Not all can access that energy, but those that can are able to give it physical form as what we call jutsu, or ninja arts. So you can do things like this." I held out my hand, letting chakra gather there until electricity coursed around it. I released it a moment later without using it, and the sparks fizzled out of existence. "Most people are able to use chakra to form and manipulate different elements. Mine are Raiton, or lightning, and Doton, earth. The other elements are water, wind, and fire. We are also capable of using non-elemental chakra to do things like walk on water or create clones."

A small smirk lit my face as I finished my explanation. Pulling chakra once more into my hand, I slammed the gathered energy into the ground. It pulsed outwards, filling the makeshift arena with magnetic energy. Thresher would find any metal on her pulled downward rather fiercely, making it harder to do things like lift her sword and swing it. It felt kind of cheap to an extent, but I wasn't about to embarrass myself because I couldn't move well enough. "There are also combination elements," I continued, standing straight again. "Inherited from long bloodlines, these elements are unique. Combining lightning and earth, I can create and manipulate magnetic fields."

I shifted my stance but still didn't draw my blade. "If all of that makes sense, then let's do this."

[Speed is reduced moderately/by [1] in a [30] ft radius.]

Sentences: 84

Current Stats:

Active Effects:

Techniques Used:
• Magnetic Field - C
Using magnetic manipulation, the user creates a pulse of electromagnetic energy from a centered location either where they stand or where they strike, outwards. The result is a magnetic field that pulls metal objects within the range in any direction of choice. It is stationary, and does not move with the user; it would have to be recast to change the location. The pulse is strong enough to disrupt small electronics within its range, and anyone wearing or wielding any amount of metal will find their speed moderately reduced/reduced by [1], or supremely reduced/reduced by [2] if they are wearing heavy armor. It has a radius of ten [10] feet per rank. For an upkeep of two [2] ranks lower (minimum of [5] chakra) per post, it can be maintained.
tab • The user maintains an opposing charge when using the technique, leaving them more or less unaffected by the field.

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

pyrategross

tab .CHAKRA : 890 / 910 [-20] .STAMINA : 1020 / 1020

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:22 pm
User Image
The Abyssal Blade
Rank: Genin 磁気 | Classes: Bukijutsu|Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: A 勇 | Elements: Water, Wind

tab Thresher had been impatient, as per usual. Instead of actually waiting for Kaileer to say start, she’d already started to rush at him. He was strong, she could smell it. And she wanted to bring it to the surface, so that the Genin could see it. See just what he had that Thresher didn’t. As she charged, the girl brought her blade up over her shoulder! The girl was going to go for a diagonal cut, trying to aim at the perceived weak spot on his shoulder. Thresher grit her razor sharp teeth as she began to swing…

And suddenly the weapon in her hand stopped right in its tracks! Her muscles in her arms flexed as Thresher fought back against a sudden pulling, but to no avail. The blade she held was suddenly pulled straight to the ground, like it had inexplicably gotten tired and needed a nap. Unwilling to let go, Thresher too was pulled down. Bent from the waist and with her legs bent and spread, the girl tried to tug against the magnetic forces that now flowed through the battlefield. “What…? Did ya do this?” She finally managed to get out through grit teeth. It was then that Kaileer’s little lesson finally dawned on her. Initially the speech about the elements and how jutsu formed went over her head. But as Thresher cast her gaze up to the man now directly in front of her, she realized that this was what she was missing. So this was a jutsu. She thought back to her training with Tatsu. “When I trained against that Kage fanboy freak freak, water-c’mon sword, get up- water showed up outta nowhere. Was that a jutsu too?” Thresher paused, remembering the surge of energy she felt then, too. “Was that… me?” The shark bared her teeth into a smirk while her face still betrayed the struggle she was having with her sword. Slowly she managed to fight against the magnetic pulling and the tip of her blade pulled from the ground a few inches at a time.With a roar, she yanked the blade right back high into the air, before bringing it back to swing horizontally with enough force to create a gust of wind. The strike wasn’t so much to hit, but to at least try and push the old man so Thresher wasn’t so damn close. She was struggling to keep the sword up, but she managed to hold it back out in front of her. “So deal then? Ya teach me how to use this chakra stuff if I hit you?”

Chakra: 1665
                                                        Stamina: 1690
                                                        Strength: 3
                                                        Speed: 12 (1)
                                                        Reflex: 1
                                                        Encurance: 0

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Techniques Learned:
                                                        Base: Fallen Strength
                                                        Bukijutsu x13: Storm Cutter, Fissure Striking, Wrathful Weapon, Berserker Trance, Storm Cutter, Iron Wind, Break off of Energy, Cross Wind, Ogre's Grip, Burning Star, Catastrophic Collision, Floating Smash, Swift Smash
                                                        Bloodline x4: The Deep Blue, The Wake, Voracious, Origin Pulse
                                                        Suiton: Bursting Water Collision Waves

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:42 pm
User Image

I made no move to avoid Thresher's swipe at me, watching instead with mild amusement as her blade was dragged to the ground instead. It made me wonder for half a heartbeat what might have happened if I'd pulled it in any other direction. Relaxing my stance, I crossed my arms instead, waiting for her to figure out how to wield her weapon again. She asked questions: was this my doing, had she accidentally used a jutsu before? But given the smirk that quickly followed, she'd answered the questions for herself. With a mighty heave, she managed to not only lift her sword from the ground but swing it at me. I obliged by hopping back several paces, since putting distance between us had seemed her goal.

The girl asked if I would teach her how to use chakra if she could hit me. I'd planned on it even without the condition but gave her a smirk. "And what do I get out of this?" I asked facetiously, but shook my head, showing I wasn't serious. "Sure, why not?" I took up my stance once more, hand hovering over the hilt of my blade, crouched low, and waited. It was her job to hit me, right? So that meant getting close. And with space between us, there was a lot I could do. As a precaution, though, I gathered my chakra once more, ready to cast a jutsu the moment it was needed. The air about me crackled with electricity that moved steadily outward to fill my magnetic field with energy. It didn't do anything, but one could feel the static in the air. Maybe even smell the ozone before a storm. "But, of course, you have to hit me first."

Sentences: 84

Current Stats:

Active Effects:

Techniques Used:
• Magnetic Field - C [Maintained]
Using magnetic manipulation, the user creates a pulse of electromagnetic energy from a centered location either where they stand or where they strike, outwards. The result is a magnetic field that pulls metal objects within the range in any direction of choice. It is stationary, and does not move with the user; it would have to be recast to change the location. The pulse is strong enough to disrupt small electronics within its range, and anyone wearing or wielding any amount of metal will find their speed moderately reduced/reduced by [1], or supremely reduced/reduced by [2] if they are wearing heavy armor. It has a radius of ten [10] feet per rank. For an upkeep of two [2] ranks lower (minimum of [5] chakra) per post, it can be maintained.
tab • The user maintains an opposing charge when using the technique, leaving them more or less unaffected by the field.

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

pyrategross

tab .CHAKRA : 890 / 910 [-20] .STAMINA : 1020 / 1020

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers