Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 pm
~ Location mideel ~

( Cid)

Cid grunts at the apology and gives Merle a ration bar, “ Here. This tastes like cr@p but it'll keep ya till we get some real food. “ Cid frowns a bit, “ You okay? That doesn't look fun to go through. We'll need to grab some travel rations for ya while in town. This place has some okay rations. We won't know when you'll need to eat. “

When the town comes into view, it's a pleasant place. Something made for humid jungles. Cid though leads Merle towards what looks like a small diner.

A young woman comes running up, “ Hey, where are ya going? The target is at the clinic and who's the tall guy? “ She still has her short shorts and eyes Merlin all curious

Cid, “ Oh? “ Hands her the bug parts, “ Yuffie, take this to the doctor. Have him check to see if its poison and what sort. We got a new bug in the area. Oh yeah, this is my younger brother, Merlin. “

Yuffie takes the parts and makes a face, “ Oh... Gross. You don't give bug parts to women, old man! “ She looks Merlin over, “ Hey, I thought you didn't have a family. “ “

Cid, “ Yeah, long lost brother. Gotta feed the tall dork now. “

~
( Zack)

Yuffie has jumped down and peeks in, “ I gotta go meet someone for a moment but will be back.

Zack doesn't comment on Yuffie. He does grin big when Sephiroth checked his sword. “ You were a general once. It makes sense you wouldn't want your men to have poor weapons. “ He can recall a good memory, “ I remember... when I just recently became Soldier first class, you took me on a job. The two of us... you were training me and looking for anything large to take down. “

Sephiroth demanded he to it in one hit. It was hard and few people could do so. It was a fond memory despite the demands of the day. Sephiroth did smile at him at the end of the day.

Zack figures it might be hard for him to recall this though, “ Oh, sorry... You probably don't recall that. But I did learn a lot from you... “ And some from another guy.

~

(Yuffie)

Spots Cid and a stranger coming onto the town but not coming towards the clinic. Jumps down and peeks in at the boys, “ I gotta go meet someone for a moment but will be back. “

Yuffie then hurries over. “ Hey, where are ya going? The target is at the clinic and who's the tall guy? “ eyes Merlin all curious.

Cid, “ Oh? “ Hands her the bug parts, “ Yuffie, take this to the doctor. Have him check to see if its poison and what sort. We got a new bug in the area. Oh yeah, this is my younger brother, Merlin.

Yuffie takes the parts and makes a face, “ Oh... Gross. You don't give bug parts to women, old man! “ She looks Merlin over, “ Hey, I thought you didn't have a family. “

Cid, “ Yeah, long lost brother. Gotta feed the tall dork now. “  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 pm
~location Mideel~
Merlin munched on the ration bar. " I passed out before it sucks sometimes." He stretched a little. "Yeah its fine it feels like a burning like a bad sunburn but it goes away quickly." He followed Cid closely but glanced around "Never been here before."

He saw the young woman approach and couldn't help but notice how cute she was " Oh Merlin Highwind hi I'm" he said not realizing he got his words out of order,
"Umm I can carry that if you don't want to." He offered his cheeks turning pink with embarrassment.
---
Sephiroth did get a flash of his memory "Yes one shot ..it was impressive. I remember making a note to not underestimate you again, and to also find something bigger. One should always be improving. Was I a good leader?" He asked curious as to how he behaved, he must have been competent to make it all the way to general.  

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:39 pm
~ Location Mideel ~

( Cid and Yuffie)

Yuffie is holding the parts carefully. She can see why Cid would want the doctor to look at them. Then Merlin speaks and yes, Dork is the right description. He is a cute dork but really a dork. “ At least one of you has manners. “ Gives Cid a look for just handing these bug parts to her.

Cid rolls his eyes, “ Naw, you are gonna get some food in ya, Merle. “

Yuffie shoves the parts back at Cid, “ Then you take them and I'll feed the tall guy! Besides you need to talk to them. The targets don't seem dangerous to me. Plus, this place is way to chill for an attack on them and I'm hungry, too. “

Cid blinks and laughs, “ Whatever you say, Princess. “ Taking the bug parts. Cid heads towards the clinic, “ Don't choke up on the food, bro! “

Yuffie playfully grabs the big dork by an arm to take him inside to a table, “ I was dying for some real food ever since the place opened. “

~
( Zack)

Zack, “ Well, you were. You always took the worst of the fights upon yourself. You did care for your troops but would still make the hard calls. You were firm but fair... but opened up to not many. I was lucky enough to be one of the few. Many looked up to you. Mostly, you were an awkward guy who hated to get the spotlight. “ Zack hated it when Sephiroth wouldn't share his pain... he was making progress, getting him to open up.

Then there was the mansion... The memory of himself wounded. Broken to the point of helpless but knowing Sephiroth purposely didn't kill him. A blond also bleeding out. His memory ends there for now.

Zack, “ I did like to follow your lead. “  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Merlin sighed he could count on his brother to make him feel even goofier. "I will be fine. I will come by after breakfast. Holler if you need anything this town seems small enough to yell across." He said. "Cid didn't know I was still alive until yesterday. we've been separated a long time."

He was more than happy to let Yuffie lead him by the arm inside. He Smiled not every day one got a girl who would drag you along. "Princess? That's a weird nickname but Cid is a weird dude." He said. "Anyway I have never been here, hope the food is good."
---
Sephiroth frowned. He didn't like the idea of having to make a hard call. The idea of holding others lives in his hands was scary. He realized he wouldn't mind risking his own life but would hate to order someone to risk theirs.

"I see, that sounds very stressful, to be honest I would rather put myself in danger than another." He said.  

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:52 am
( I have edited this a couple of times lol )

~ Location Mideel ~

Zack is about to add something when he hears the clinic door open. Hears a familiar voice calling for the doctor but not in alarm or urgently.

It is indeed, Cid. “ Hey doc, we got a new version of your bug in the jungle. Got ya something to check out. I'd be careful. I think it's poisonous. “

The doctor takes the parts from Cid and sighs, “ You really know how to make an entrance, Highwind. “

Cid, “ Yeah. I do. I'm gonna go say hi to some friends. “ Is about to pull out a cigarette when the doctor reminds him of no smoking inside. Cid then apologies sheepishly, “ Sorry doc! “

Zack peers out the doorway and sees the monster parts. Looks at Cid and... knew this face having no wrinkles in it. Not that Cid is all covered with them. He remembers this guy. Cid is polite enough to knock on the open door frame.

Cid, “ May I come in? “ Just cause he's country, doesn't mean he has no manners. " I'll put my weapon down, too. A guy needs to be armed when going through this jungle, ya be a fool not to have one. "

Zack, “ Only if you come in peace. “

Cid walks into the room with a smirk, “ I do. “ Looks at Zack first. The kid is at ease. Cid wonders how mad Cloud is gonna be with him. He would have wanted to be here. Cid is glad he isn't because of the other guy also being here. Cid's eyes look Sephiroth over. For a moment he tenses. The man seems to lack that crazy I'm a god vibe. Cid can't help but feel a little skeptical.

Then Cid feels her presence. In fact, for everyone else, this moment is hardly a second. For Cid, time seems to stop for everyone but him. Aerith is behind him.

Cid wants to turn around but doesn't, “ Hey Sweet pea. This your doing? “

Aerith, “ Can you please help him? “

Cid, “ Why should I? Why me? “

Aerith, “ Because you knew him once. He was a victim, too. Please, Cid? “

Cid sighs, “ Okay, darling... I could never say no to you. “

Time seems to resume again and her presence is gone. Cid takes another look at Sephiroth and starts to laugh but in a friendly way as the tension leaves his body, “ Who the hell gave you that outfit? Not ya style. “

Zack. pretends he didn't sense Aerith in the room, fake pouts and protests, “ Hey, didn't have much choice. “

Cid, “ My apologies then. How are ya boys doing?. “ Offers them both a handshake each. He is still getting a feel for them.

Zack though isn't really hurt feeling wise as there is some merriment when he s chuckles, " Right as rain right now. "

~

Yuffie laughs, “ That described our group one way or another. “ She finds a booth for them and sits across from Merle, “ I'll order for us cause I've been here before. “ Orders two specials: an omelet with meats inside and cheese ontop.. looking gooey in an appealing way. “

She lets Merlin choose his own drink. Getting a small coffee for herself, “ I had to come here from Wutai. Probably closer than wherever Cid was. Soooo.. whatcha do? “ So far this New guy is adorkable ( an adorable dork). The best part, he doesn't look at her thief or a little sister. Good chance though he doesn't have a lot of gil though. She decides to do him a solid, as Tifa would say, and pay the bill.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:57 am
~Location Mideel~
Sephiroth found himself feeling nervous, he wasn't scared of a fight he had the feeling more like he didn't want to let Zack down. Sephiroth actually smiled when Cid broke the tension with a joke. " Indeed. I look forward to getting some proper clothing." He shook Cid's hand.
He flashed a memory of Cid and him in a helicopter that had been hit , he remembered the chopper spinning out of control. Cid calm behind the wheel shouting over the noise "Buckle the %^&* up general I got this!".

Sephiroth remembered spending the next two nights in the forest until they were found. He remebered cid being compitent and suprisingly funny.
"I remember you...we crashed. years ago." He sat down and rubbed his temples, he had a headache coming on. "I feel we should maybe leave. I think I am distressing the locals." he said.

-----

Merlin sipped from his large cup of coffee and dug into the food like a staving man but he then remembered he was with a lady and resumed eating with manners that his mother taught him. "Sorry miss." he said with a sheepish smile. His accent slipped through when he apologized , unlike Cid he worked to change his voice he didn't want to be seen as country, Cid was braver and didn't care what people thought.
He added a ton of both sugar and cream to his coffee. "oh me? I was a mechanic yesterday, now I am officially helping Cid and his crew. It has been interesting so far, lot more giant bugs then I thought there would be." He finished his food and set down his silverware.
"Wutai. Read about it a lot , sounds amazing. I always did find the stories of the warriors amazing training from so young and being devoted to it. So what do you do when you aren't sent to babysit Cid?" he asked with a grin.  

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:44 am
~ Mideel ~

Cid's eyes seem to light up and he gives a smile of honest joy. This was not the man they watched kill Aerith. This was the general he got to know and it was a pleasure to have him back. “ Oh hell yeah, I remember that day. That had to be the first time you ever lived off the land. But you did help keep me from becomin' a prisoner of war twice. “

Not that Cid lacked the fighting skills. His skills alone would make others question why he wasn't in Soldier. Cid remembers asking Sephiroth to leave that out. He wanted to in the space program and Soldier wouldn't allow that.

Zack, not wanting to be left out, recalls his memory of Cid, “ I remember avalanche giving you a hard time. They stole your plane and then kidnapped you. “

Cid scowls, “ You would recall that. In my defense, they were Ravens. Super soldiers who were unstable and crazy to boot. “

Zack concedes that “ Yeah.. they were tough even for me to fight. “ He recalls the loss of two goof friends and Tseng helping him bury them. It was no shame to been beaten by them. Cid was lucky he didn't get turned into an experiment.

Cid leans on a wall, “ Aerith.. or as I call her Sweet pea, asked me to help ya both out. I can't tell her, no. I promise to be 100% honest with you and only ask you to let me know if something is wrong or if I need to know something. “

~

Yuffie eats in her normal manner. While it's not slobbish, it is also not fancy either. She could if he wanted to eat like a noble. She liked being treated like a normal person and so enjoyed her time away from home. “ I hunt materia. I used to have the handle materia princess. Now I work as a liaison between Wutai and the WRO. Cid also works with them and is an important fellow there. Not that you would know by the way Cid is. I go between keeping an eye on him and Vincent. “

Yuffie sips her coffee, “ Before the war Wutia was an amazing place. We're almost back there, though with a bit more modern. My home is the best. The festivals alone put the rest to shame. Many booths that sell food. Games... masks... the outfits. And fireworks that form shapes outside the boring ones in Kalm. “ Yuffie lights up as she tells him more details. “ I plan to have the group meet there next time we have a festival. “  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:49 pm
~Location Mideel~
Sephiroth nodded "Yes I had read a lot of books and taken a few classes on survival. I had no practical experience. You made it look easy and not an unpleasant couple of days." He listened to Zack's memory and shook his head." I do not recall these people..was i involved with this Avalanche?" He felt his guts twist in guilt as the question left his mouth bit no memories came with the feelings.
----
Merlin was happy with the company it had been a while since he had a nice meal. "I used to be part of a Materia division in Shin-Ra army, I got shipped out near Condor. I refused to fight them so I was always doing crappy assignments. They were innocent people protecting their home @#$% Shin-Ra. But I bring it up because we had piles of Materia whole foot lockers full." He listened to her talk of Wutai with a wistful Expression , he had read about it and always wanted to see it for himself. " I will have to tag a long with Cid when the festival happens. Also thanks for keeping me company. I haven't had a nice meal with a pretty girl in a long time." He finished his coffee " I am helping Cid now so I imagine I will be working for the WRO a bit myself. I like them they do good work I hear."  

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:16 pm
~ Mideel ~

Cid admits, “ I did end up joining Avalanche.. but not them Raven nutballs. “ He though gets serious as he looks at Sephiroth, “ The name would strike something in ya head. You wanna know it all? You have a story that is sad, bad, and till now didn't end happily for ya.. or many others. I can tell ya it.. but it won't be easy. If we do this, I'm gonna need to smoke. But I do suggest ya know what you did. “

Zack, “ You have alot of bad things to tell us, huh? “ He doesn't point out that smoking has to be bad for Cid's health. He figures the guy knows by now.

Cid, “ Yeah, I do. You have a lot of people out there that are going to be pissed off at Sephiroth. Not you, Zack... there might be a few happy to see you again like your parents. But if you are going to travel together, you both need to be ready for getting attacked for past sins. F*&&^ I need a smoke before I go further. We can talk here and I'll talk to ya through the window or we can go for a walk. Either way, I'm getting smoking. “

~

Yuffie blushes slightly even of she is trying to act as if she is cool about it, “ Trust me, you'll fit right in.” The last guy who liked her died of the stigmata. Either she was Princess Yuffie or she was little sister Yuffie. “ I think we're get along fine. “ Then looks out the window and asks, “ I think we check in on Cid. I don't see the town burning, so it can't be too bad over there. “  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:18 pm
Sephiroth sat down on the bed leaning his back against the wall. He suddenly felt tired as hell. He wanted answers but also feared them. He pushed his fear deep down inside. " I should know. Whenever you are ready to talk I am ready to listen." He said "I would rather talk here. You said people may attack for past sins and I would rather know before i get attacked. Seems safer if I stay in. I wouldn't want someone hurting themselves before I could escape. I don't want to hurt anyone either." He said.

---
Merlin got to his feet with a sigh "yeah better check on him. He may have fallen and broken a hip or robbed the store for one of those old people protein drinks " He joked. He stretched with a slight yawn, after a good breakfast his hangover was gone. "So this the normal kind of mission you WRO guys do? Check up on threats?"  

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:08 pm
~ Mideel ~

Cid walks out of the clinic and goes to where the window is to light up a cigarette and lean in at the window. He takes a few inhales before even trying to start this story. “ I don't have all the details but I had the privilege of being in the right place and the right time for some of this.”

“ Once upon a time .. the world was created.. “ Gives a smart a** chuckle, “ Just kidding, I won't go that F&%$ far back. Okay, you are Sephiroth, the former general of ShinRa. I'm not sure who your dad is.. one of two people but your mom is a woman named Lucrecia. She was involved in an experiment to bring back a long lost race... called cetra. They were people who were one with the planet and spoke to it. I know weird huh? What they didn't know was the people got wiped out by a space creature from space. They found it and named it Jenova. “

“ My friend loved your mom... and tried to stop this project. Got shot for his troubles. The cells were injected into her while she was carrying you and .. well, it made her sick. You were born and taken from her. I can only imagine the crap Hojo put in ya head when you were growing up. Just that a lot of it wasn't half-truths and building ya up to break. Then trained by ShinRa to be their best weapon. You had friends but not sure all what happened to them. “

Zack recalls this part, “ They were part of a different experiment. They were not lucky and began to degrade. I tried to there after they left. We went to this small town and .. between Genesis and the books Hojo left behind, you finally snapped. “

Cid, “ Burnt the down the town,, attacked your own men and Zack there. Cloud.. was the one to stop ya. Not without paying a price. They got found and experimented on... Sadly Zack died protecting Cloud till the very end. You though... you somehow came back from the dead to become a god. “

“ Long story short... Cloud chased ya all over the planet. You killed one of our dear friends, Aerith, but ya also helped crash ShinRa down. and... we faced you down at the northern crater. Then ya gave us three weird clones who tried to become you... and only one of them did. I think that is when Aerith's spirit purged us all from the last bits of Jenova's influence. “

Cid then blinks, “ I wouldn't be surprised if you got freed from that nasty b*&^% influence. At least I hope so cause. "

Even Zack is stunned by that story. “ Holy cow... “

Cid, “ Either of ya want a smoke? “

~

Yuffie, “ Oh we deal with out of control monsters. Dealing with wanna be groups that pop up and try to start trouble. Like DeepGround. That was a lot of butt-kicking. I had to help Vincent take on some really nasty bad guys. Let's just say I have seen darkness.... and it's scarier then Cloud's sub piloting! “

Yuffie spots Cid smoking and talking, “ Oh my gosh... Cloud is gonna be so pissy when he finds out Sephiroth is alive and Cid is being friendly. “  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:55 pm
Sephiroth felt an icy painful lump of guilt slide down into his guts . He felt a great sadness hit him and he stared at his hands in disbelief, was he really a mass murderer?
He looked up to find himself in a warm sunny field surrounded my soft grass ans flowers. He saw a woman standing in front of him. It was the same nice woman who had said he needed to come back.
"I am the Aerith they talked about. It's ok , You were manipulated from day one.Cid did just drop this on you super bluntly. I know you are dealing with the guilt but this is how you slid down the dark path the first time. You have work ahead of you. Something bad is coming , you were brought back for a chance to atone. I sent Zack to watch over you because he is the sweetest man I know and you will need a friend. So know you are forgiven and act with compassion and love for now. And prepare. You have work ahead of you the whole planet will need you and the others."
He was back int he room looking at Cid and Zack again , his green eyes were glassy with unshed tears but he felt a wave of comfort and love that seemed to embrace him. He could still smell the flowers. He realized he was holding a pink Lilly in his hand.  

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:12 pm
~ Mideel ~

Zack will give Sephiroth a hug and run his hand down his hair. He says that he forgave Sephiroth a long time ago. He also says no thanks to Cid and adds Cid shouldn't be smoking either.

Cid just grunts and apologies for being blunt with Sephiroth, ignoring the not smoking comment. He's a blunt man by nature. Cid goes quiet and lets Zack resume his comfort as he's not always the best with the touchy feelie things. He does enjoy the smoking. “ Are ya okay in there? “ Asking with some honest concern.

Zack sees the flower, “ Looks like Aerith gave you a gift. She is a sweet babe, yeah? “

Cid, “ That's why I call her, Sweet Pea. “  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:37 pm
Sephiroth didn't hug Zack back but leaned his head against him. He felt comfort from the gesture. He just wasn't a huggy touchy person.
"It is ok, I needed to hear it," He looked at the flower, so the vision really happened.
"She said she forgives me. She said I have a chance to atone. She also think something is coming and the planet will need us. This has been a emotionally taxing morning." He carefully set the flower down not wanting to damage it. "I suppose I should leave here. We need to be on the look out for danger and we need to get to training and preparing for trouble."
----
Merlin" Sounds like something I would be happy to help doing." he saw Cid smoking and shook his head "If you get lung cancer I am gonna @#$% you up!" He looked at Yuffie " I don't know this Cloud but Cid tends to make lots of people pissy, I am sure we can deal." He remembers the short briefing Cid gave him. "Anyway as long as hes not out murdering people we're happy right?"  

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 pm
~ Mideel ~

Cid playfully gives Merle the middle finger and says, “ F**^ you. Besides I'm gonna live till I'm 110 anyway. “

Yuffie ignores Cid being crass and replies, " Yeah. I would hate to have to unleash my fury on them. "

Zack does stop hugging his friend and then he notices Cid give someone the middle finger. Cid is still quite a character. Sounds like Yuffie is back and some other guy who sounds a little like Cid. Esp since Cid said that without any real bite in his words.

Cid, “ That's just my brother, Merlin. *&^$.. If sweet pea says we got trouble coming, then I'm included to believe her. I think I see a hint of it on our way here. “

Yuffie goes inside the clinic but still peeks in before entering, “ You look tired. “

Cid puts out what's left of his cigarette and leans into the window, too lazy to come in from his spot, “ He had a huge bombshell come his way, princess. We don't gotta do anything but rest today. We got a problem already. I and Merle ran into a new poisonous bug. We need to see if there are any more out there. Lady Luck was kind enough to send only one this time. We won't be so lucky next time. Need to n** it in the butt. “  
Final Fantasy VII

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff