Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2021)
hiimbeary Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 pm

User Image
Event Deadline: (UTC-5) 11:59 pm EST

_ Useful Info ____________________

Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
              tab Here's some highlights:
              tab tab * One post per day
              tab tab * Label your days
              tab tab * Spoiler all bugs-related subjects

Use this format when posting~
              tab Comment is optional

[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7N5WQvd.png[/img][/align]

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: [b]Day # [/b] :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
                  [u]Theme[/u]:
                  [u]Time spent[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]:

_ YOUR DEADLINE_________________

🔪 (UTC-8) SAME day 8:59 PM

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:42 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 1 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: meet the artist's...mmo character
Time spent: 30-40 mins incl. faffing about (+30 mins for 2nd piece)

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Jascha Heifetz - Pablo de Sarasate, Zigeunerweisen Op.20

first day's post is born out of pure panic as i realized the deadline's closing in and i had no ideas
so, here's one of my alts from ffxiv and i might have to edit this post later cos this is really low effort

extra: my main ffxiv character (added 2/1/21 - next day)

User Image

soundtrack: what was i listening to at the time...i think this video lmao, look i just like background noise ok
BALLOON SHARKS AND HYBRID MONSTERS - Pro and Noob VS Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate!

i would've liked to make this one a duo piece of my xiv main and my mhwi character, but i couldn't get it to look right
and anyway i might as well save my mhwi toon for another day when i inevitably run out of ideas again User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:08 pm
User Image

emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 2 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: capricorn
Time spent: oh geez i dunno, like 40 minutes (+25 mins for 2nd piece)

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: a little ditty i like to call "you're about to get every bone in your body broken by a seriously cheesed off lightning-gorilla"
(or just, rajang's theme song) ya i've been playing hella mhw lately fight me

here we are, my usual m.o. - being an early overachiever only to completely beef it days later
re: the theme: i'm very literal and you're just gonna have to deal with it tbh
on the plus side i put in a little more effort than day 1

extra: capricorn but monhun type (added 2/1/21 - same day)

User Image

soundtrack: Pentatonix - Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

why not put a monster hunter (world) addiction to good use? don't answer that, it's hypothetical
not actually sure this would work but i figured it could be amphibious, like a nargacuga that could swim omg so cute

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:48 am
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 3 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: event mule & chii
Time spent: over 1 hr 30 min
(+ 25-35 mins for extra 1, + 2 hrs for extra 2)

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: The Lego Movie 2 (Tiffany Haddish) - Not Evil

alright, i tried again to do a picture with two peep in it and it was hard and i had some struggles, a lot actually
it's exceedingly sketchy because at some point i have to give up on things and just put them out there
if not, what happens is that i obsess over them for approximately 30 straight hours, and then they never see the light of day
kinda can't get over how unnatural the crouching pose it but it's better than what i had before, trust

in case anyone's wondering why the music is like a three minute song and this took 2 hrs, it's just a jumping off point
after Not Evil i just let youtube autoplay and ended up with a whole disney medley type deal, it doesn't mean anything ok

extra: rbf lalafell (added 2/2/21 - same day)

User Image
soundtrack: outsidexbox - 8 Harrowing Moments We Didn't Want to Go Through With

it's unrelated to the theme, but i have Ghost Mode Privilege and i get to post whatever tf i want i guess? lmao
news to me, i got a policy where any lala i draw has to face left, and it's one of those things that you can't unsee
this is for a punk kid that used to be in the static, but he's too good for us now (joke), i still felt like i owed him this pic
...meanwhile ignoring how i owe the current raid group a picture of us all, that i said i'd do after e8s, but nevermind!!!

extra #2: lalafell but coloured (added 2/2/21)

User Image

soundtrack: Mary Poppins Returns (Emily Blunt / Lin-Manuel Miranda) - The Royal Doulton Music Hall

i don't think i have any more rambling to do after all the previous words i've written, but i will say that this was also kinda lazy
probably i've never not been lazy in my entire life, and that's my legacy and don't u forget it

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:09 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 4 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: lotus
Time spent: 2-3 hrs total on both pieces

ok. so, warning for the spoilered image, in that i showed it to some friends and they said it was spooky, so pls careful
secondly, it's a spoiler for monster hunter world iceborne (if anyone looking at this thread is playing the game)
if you haven't finished the whole game including dlc, maybe don't click, or click it but don't look too long lol
i've put some comments in the spoiler juuuust to be safe, because the comments are about what the picture is. you get it.

User Image

this is based on the elder dragon shara ishvalda (link to mhwi wiki) who is the last story boss for the game+expansion and a total trip
i was honestly so excited for this day's theme because shara is based on a lotus flower, and is one of my favourite monsters!
fun fact about the hunt - their eyes stay closed for most of it, but when they open their eyes, they're looking at the camera, not at your character ;^)

Comments:

soundtrack: You Reposted in the Wrong Dimmadome

so after i made this i realized i have a friend who often goes by the username "lotus" online, so i really could've done him a solid
but, he is just not as cool as the subject above. (i'm not sorry) what i'm excited about is that i tried a kinda different style, i guess?
mostly because it was necessary, cos i wasn't going to draw a cute version of what this was, not that i haven't done that before, just not this time

extra: they aren't paying the babysitters enough (added 2/2/21, same time as the main image)

User Image

soundtrack: Clean Bandit - Rather Be ft. Jess Glynne

this is the ffxiv raid group i'm in, which is wonderfully dysfunctional--our last offtank quit 15 minutes before the first day of the new tier lmao
we're all still friends so we just don't talk about it and he doesn't care that he put us through some hassle, but we got a new offtank who is gr8
(and also a gunbreaker which...i will endure that) the babysitters are our top dps and one of our healers, he is also a shotcaller
last raid we had to have a break because myself and the raid leader were quoting charlie the unicorn videos. we are dumb and need supervision.

from left to right:
main healer (ast), dps (drg), off tank (gnb), off healer (whm), dps (mnk - viera), dps (brd - the sleeping one), main tank (war - the cat), dps (blm)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:54 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 5 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: none / my own theme (mhw of course)
Time spent: approx. 1 hr

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Style Of Eye & Magnus - Antidote
i'd like to thank coffee stain studios for using this song in their Satisfactory trailer (btw it is an incredible game, 11/10)

today i think was the first major roadblock for me since i'm trying to do a sort of ghost-nord mode, where i tried to follow the given themes
i sat down last night and wasted about an hour sketching ideas for a witchsona as well as looking through a folder of old pics
and ultimately i didn't do either of these. though not because i didn't want to, i just didn't think it'd go anywhere in time for the deadline
(even tho i can ignore the deadline lol) so, i drew some studies of nergigante, again from mhw/i because am still obsessed
nergi is the cutest monster in the whole entire series and no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise i loVE HIM SO MUCHSDLFJ

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:32 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 6 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: venus
Time spent: approx. 1 hr (i think?)

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Noisecream - Neon Murder

so, as you can tell, i've lost m'damn mind and i cannot deal at all, and bc of yesterday's music, i have satisfactory on the mind
satisfactory is a factory building game in which you increasingly unlock better tech and automate your factory
it runs fantastically well and is gorgeous, it is just stunning. and so satisfying to see your self-sufficient factory up and running
so that's who's on the left, is the player character (engineer) who is a stronk independent woman

oh, comments on the art. i plead the fifth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:59 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 7 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: bumblebee
Time spent: way too long. at least 1 hr lol how sad
(submitted 1 day late / using spirit pass)

User Image

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Nyango Star - Through the Fire and Flames (drum cover)

ohhhh, how quickly things go wrong, i could say that it was a crazy saturday where i was extra tired and had things to do
but i guess in the end it's just an excuse in which i didn't try hard enough or got lazy (totally my m.o. and on brand for me)
i'll add something to make it up here but idk what it's gonna be yet :V

okay, now that i've added this image, it's uhh a human form of bumblebee from the newer movie, not the bayhem ones.
i did really want to try drawing him as, like, you know, a transformer? but considering that i was already short on time...
i just went with what was easier lol, and i have nothing much left to say about this bc now i gotta do the current day

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:47 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 8 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: indecision
Time spent: 15-20 mins (plus over 1.5 hrs for spirit thingy)

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Daft Punk - Doin' It Right (K?d Remix)

i was agonizing more than a little, between yesterday's not being done and today's on the board to still be done
the result therefore is that my main pic is pretty simple and i didn't spend too much time on it because uh
i need that spirit pass lol, so that's where the most of my time today went to, after playing drg and payday 2
i pretty much use my ffxiv character to represent me, it's just so much easier that way for reasons? more below...

extra: spirit pass attempt i guess lol (added 2/7/21 - same day)

User Image

version w/ transparent bg

soundtrack: Neo Liu & Tu Hua Bing - Calling for Rain

basically closest thing i have to an oc is my ffxiv character and she's pretty plain which is how she likes it
i don't know if i gave a lot of interesting facts but my brain is exploding so goodnight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:11 am
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 9 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: none and also spirit challenge #1 , part 2
Time spent: 20 mins (plus 2+ hrs for the spirit thingies)

User Image

User Image
nichirella
Thank you for the collaboration! ♥

User Image
NaaraZheng

User Image
Sayuu

Comments:

soundtrack: Poxy Boggards - Up and Away

sometimes it's easier to eat draw the feelings away (lol)
to make it easier to find timestamps, here's the links to where i posted in the discussion thread:

nichirella NaaraZheng Sayuu

hmm, comments...i think i could've honestly gone further out of my comfort zone, but anxiety? lol
aside from that though i think my fave is nichirella's because it's a fashion that i don't see often
and Naara's beefcake though. that makes me think i need more practice drawing guys, just for my own benefit, y'know

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:54 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 10 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: improve a previous piece
Time spent: 30-40 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Apashe - Majesty (ft. Wasiu)

idk if anyone can tell but i spent some time trying to fix up this bee sketch
initially i wasn't thrilled about the sketch or the design, but as i looked at it more, i also liked it more
(totally opposite of what usually happens, btw)

i think i'm also pretty slow compared to other people, so it might not look like much has changed, but it did to me haha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:12 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 11 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: jealousy
Time spent: 40-80 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Simon Viklund - Breath of Death (Jacket Edit)

payday 2 is a game in which you and potentially some pals, break into a place and steal some stuff
it's quite bloody and foul mouthed, but that wasn't super necessary here, so i guess it's probably fine?
it's a really fun game imo, but pretty difficult as well when you get to anything past the 3rd highest difficulty pretty much
it definitely incentivizes stealth which i'm into, but maybe not into after restarting a level fifty times...

jacket (official render) is a character from hotline miami that was (canonically) transplanted into the world of payday.
he's also my primarily used character, and it's fortunate that none of my friends use him, so i get to :^)
he "talks" via a cassette tape, and he's a violent sociopath. cat is mad that she missed heisting banks and mansions

you can tell that i wasn't confident about this bc of the thin shaky lines lol, which is basically my tell (compare to previous)
i haven't drawn anyone in profile in a while i think, which i used to do a lot to hide the fact that i was unsure about faces at all

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:37 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 12 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: genderbent movie character
Time spent: at least 45 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Todrick Hall - Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels

i listened to this song at least 5 times today, and it didn't inspire me at all

i'm kidding of course, it did inspire me but then i got overwhelmed and couldn't figure out a proper course of action
so to change the subject quickly and abruptly, one of my favourite movies in the whole world, is penguins of madagascar
i'm dead serious hunty, it's up there with kung fu hustle and hot fuzz and snatch, it is really that good and you're missing out
that said, rico is my pengwing husbando and it's probably not clear that this is a genderbend but LOOK BEHIND YOU

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:25 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 13 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: coffee (if you can even tell lol)
Time spent: bout 40 mins give or take

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Dropkick Murphys - Finnegan's Wake

how to describe this very weirdly dimension pic

so i have these ocs that i never draw because i just don't do anything with them, they're just like, there
the guy is supposed to be mr. handsome buff man but i'm not good at that so he just lives in my head,
whereas his waifu for laifu is a generic type of lass who was probably born in a lab flask, who knows?
no one holds their phone like that, its barely a human hand so just ignore it thanks

back to them though, he acts a naughty b***h in public to embarrass The Wife (sometimes)
once in a while she returns the favor just to keep 'im on his toes cause she gotta
yeah. coffee is the prompt? just give up on me now smh

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:50 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 14 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: owl
Time spent: 40 mins?

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Saweetie & GALXARA - Sway With Me

i feel like i honestly slump every few days lol, i had an idea involving the samothrace winged victory, but it didn't really work out
i guess if i ever manage to, i'll post it, but i have a few things i'd like to draw that just haven't been coming out right

100 Days Event (2021)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff