Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:31 pm
Name: Rhylune
Meaning - Eye Moon spy/Diviner, fate, future, oracle - Moon Oracle
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Shrug, she'll figure it out
Craft: weyrbrat

Physical Description: Rhylune has smooth dark skin, cool in undertones and a wave of dark black braids. She has a lean dancer build, slender and tallish at 5'7'' and still bound to grow a little bit more. Her eyes are warm hazel. She love make up, often visiting her Uncle Aly'on for tips and to use his extensive cosmetic collection. She enjoys colors that pop and draw attention to her.

Personality: Rhylune an opportunistic little minx on the lookout for those attempting to cause trouble so she can join in. She is full of sass and bold snark and devil may care attitude. What are they going to do? Make her do lines? Punishment work? She will handle it and more. Words and insults roll off her. Whatever, her father is worth two of their bronzes. She is a hard worker, she doesn’t skip on her work or her chores but rebellion has hit hard in the last turn or so.

She is flirtatious and just starting to pay a bit more attention to others but not yet crushing. She not sure what she likes and general feeling is ehh, figure it out latter. She has grown up surrounded by her uncles and father and developed a sort of confidence and security that even if things go badly, they still love her and believe she can do achieve whatever is on her mind. It is not unusual for her to disappear up into her uncle Aly’on weyr during her free time to unload her frustrations about her day.

Positive Trait List Intelligent, carefree, confident
Negative Trait List Opportunistic, impudent, flirtatious

History: Rhylune was conceived by flight lust during a gold flight and has always been precious to her father. Shyn'ar doted on her while balancing his duties and later caring for his siblings. She grew up being best friends with her uncle Jysanye since they were barely a turn apart in age and close to her aunts, providing a bit of womanly advice.

Shyn'ar visited as often as he was able. Aly'on would let her sprawl in his weyr and vent her grievances. Naolin left to western and she misses him. She made friends and some enemies, her rather nontraditional views clashing with others and if she impresses a brown or a gold she is going to rub it in everyone's face. She probably would gleefully help a white hatch just to toss it into traditionalist face. She also thinks they are just very, very pretty. She could see herself riding a white. Probably not staying in High Reaches but ehh, some of the people here are arrogant pricks.

She was once just an excitable energetic child eager for stories and dragon back rides and now she a bit of a rebellious brat. She probably outgrow it but right now she just wants to punt the old folk!

DRAGON
Name:Inaliath
Personality

Inaliath is a creature ruled by rationality. She is impersonal, cool and collected and a anchor to Rhylune's more wild personality. She knows she is a green and perhaps Rhylune's more wild ideas might fit a peacetime but they don't when the thread falls. Her duty is to meet the thread and to keep to her group and rank and burn it from the sky. She has a sense of duty.

She though will never be much into shiny hides or boys in general, preferring to spend time with her green sisters and chasing after them in flights. Why she won't chase every green, she certainly is mostly attractive to them.

She has issues expressing her emotions to others. She can come off as cold and uncaring and it not that she doesn't care but that she has trouble expressing it in a way that doesn't seem overdone to her. There is just sooo much to be done and she has to finish it first before she can be sad, somewhere, quietly. So she comes across a bit curt, a bit shut off and sometimes just overly blunt.

Inaliath is a clever dragon, and she'll have to be to keep Rhylune interest and focus on where it had got to be but she also quietly enjoys her energy and sarcastic quips.

Positive Traits:Rational, Collected, clever
Negative Traits: Impersonal, cold, awkward
Egg Size: Small
Adult Size: Medium/ 38'
Physical Attributes:Inaliath is a sleek well formed and dainty green. She will grow up to a sleek and speedy green.
Additional Notes: Inalith views flights as a sense of duty but also a chance to show off to her green sisters and hopefully get their attention to chase her.

Dragon Art or Proof of Obtainment:NPC clutch XUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:26 pm
My only concern is this line:

"She has issues being empathic to others."

Dragons are literally created to be empathic, so I don't think we can let that fly. I think if you remove that line and instead write something like "She has issues coming off as more detached or aloof than some of her clutchmates; it's not that she doesn't care but that she has trouble expressing it in a way that doesn't seem overdone to her."

It's all right to have a dragon that struggles with expressing their care, but they are empathic beings. She could not be a Pern dragon without having some of it, nor could she Impress without it. She has no choice but to care or be affected. And strong waves of emotion (like the death of a wingmate or a dragon in the Weyr) will even have her keening in grief.

If you can rephrase that I think she'll be okay to be approved. :3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:17 pm
lets try round two  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 pm
Hey Shaddaling!

I'm so sorry-- I realize that the form is missing sone portions we had wanted. I know there was some confusion in which form to use--we'll work on getting the right forms up next time. We had one, but it was spoilered so easy to miss.

Here is the form we had hoped everyone to use. I think we're missing the Egg Size, Additional Notes, and Why Me portion.

DRAGON
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Personality[/b]

[b]Positive Traits:[/b]
[b]Negative Traits:[/b]
[b]Egg Size:[/b] Small, Medium, Large
[b]Adult Size:[/b] Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large [staff will either choose the size based on what's listed here or, if we don't do that, you can match the dragon's size based on what you chose should you win!]
[b]Physical Attributes:[/b]
[b]Additional Notes:[/b] Flame Length? Flight Interests? Other interesting things to note

[b]Why Me:[/b]

]https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=25486176#391073232

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:31 pm
sorry it took so long to fix her up, I just needed a break  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:53 am
Approved!  

Tsunake