Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
⚡|| The Healing District [Meeting the "Tea Crone"]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:03 am
⚡|| The Healing District [Hospital]

Set safely within the far back district within the whole of Arashigakure, the healing huts seem quaint, especially as a group of buildings separated along several points along a rode behind a gated entry way, but they are no less impressive than the hospitals in any other shinobi world. Various different buildings lead to sometimes large and sometimes small underground complexes where the sick are healed and separated based on what is needed. A residency where those in recovery can do so in the face of the sun exists within the healing district. There is also an area dedicated to various different types of research and education effectively making this place Arashigakure's premier medical school, as it were.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:12 am
User ImageStanding within an office that had been barely touched for at least the last month, a green haired doctor held back an exhausted yawn as she readied tea for two, humming out her yawn through her nose rather than her mouth. Upon her desk, though it was only early morning, an assortment of personnel files was laid out neatly, a couple opened and with their pages spread out as if she had been reading through them just recently.

After letting the tea steep for a few minutes, Kagerou removed the leaves and poured the tea into a pitcher half filled with ice. She waited patiently for the liquid to chill and then poured it into two tall glasses, setting the pitcher down besides them on the same tea tray and then bringing and arranging the whole thing to a spot on her desk she had cleared in advance. On her way back to her cupboards to bring out some snacks, she heard the expected knock, and she replied with a ready answer, "Come in, please." Casting a smile and a red eyes in the direction of the guest, the surgeon general asked, "To what do I owe this pleasure? Simply business? Or would you like to take a while and chat?". Her gaze gentle and steady, it looked Takao up and down once before she returned to neatly searching through her cupboards.

[10 sentences]

kiiwispoet

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:16 pm
User Image
Takao entered at Kagerou's encouragement, surprised at the pleasant smell of tea. He supposed he shouldn't have been, after Shion had referred to her as a tea crone, but it was a pleasant surprise regardless. He sat down and looked over the spread as Kagerou searched the cupboards. "Ah, Lady Kagerou, I come here on business. I am not sure how up-to-date you are on my capture and release, but it was, if not contingent on my assigned task then certainly encouraged by it. This task, uh, being that I assist the kage directly. In pursuit of this, I've reached out to all other advisors and high-ranking officials beside yourself."

His foot was tapping in his nervousness. This conversation was a little more intimidating than all the others, only because this one contained in additional step. "I suppose I should begin by asking you what you think Arashigakure needs in terms of leadership? And how you feel about our current Arashikage's leadership."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:22 pm
User ImageThe anxious tapping, the beating of an uncertain heart. Had it been part of Toso's grand master plan to pick a messenger so genuine and open? Finally picking a snack from the cupboard, Kagerou turned around to give her room a once over, just to make sure that she hadn't done something wrong to agitate her guest. "No," Kagerou assured herself as she carried the tin containers of cookies to the table, "I don't think i've done anything wrong." Popping open the lid of the container, she set the shallow box in the center of the table, an open invitation for Takao to take some whenever he felt like it.

Sitting in her own seat opposite of Takao, the ever smiling doctor took another moment to consider the young man who had come so hesitantly to her. No, she still couldn't figure out the reason, or if there was any. "It's nice to meet you, Takao, and please, if you don't mind, feel free to drop the honorifics," she asked politely, taking a sip of the iced tea after the request while she considered an answer to Takao's question. Black base, but with fruity and herbal tones.

"Much as it pains me to say this, Arashi needs Tosokurui Hojo as Arashikage. Presently, I do not think there is any other who would be able to keep Arashi's... threads, so to speak, afloat. Not by my qualifications, at least." Setting down her perspiring glass with one hand, Kagerou used the other to trace across the various files scattered on her desk. Medical files, they would appear to be at a glance, but with familiar names. Miyuki, Takao, and Kaito were opened in full view, with Kameyo peeking out from under them, studied prior to the opening of the other three. Shion's names could be seen piled with Trefles and Hajime on the side. "However, I understand that would be placing an undue burden upon Toso. The man has already done everything we could have asked for. Albeit, in a way that is truly his own. It has reached a point where he no longer deserves a break. He needs one. Even if he could continue to lead as he has up to now, I fear what will become of him if he has to continue taking on this role that is so against who he is." Scarlet eyes raised back up to Takao, smile still softly smiling. However, though Takao was but a stranger to her, because the request he carried was one from a man who had her trust, friendship, and respect, she expressed herself honestly, so that the assistant may have all the tools and information he could have to fulfill his mission. An amiable smile at greeting, a thoughtful smile as she mused, and now, one of sympathy and concern for the subject of their conversation.

Her eyes closed then, and without their wrinkles and arcs, much of Kagerou's emotions were removed from sight. "For the following, take what I say as a grain of salt. Though I may technically be high ranked, I have made it a point to regard myself only with matters involving the hospital. My political acumen in this village is flawed with inexperience, but I will try my best to give an answer to your first question that is not 'Toso.' Arashigakure needs someone bold and loyal, with strong ideals and visions, who can see and shape Arashi for what it is, unfettered by its origins. Ideally, someone who was raised within the village and grew up as it was transformed under Toso's leadership. Otherwise, someone who is simply unaffiliated with it at all. They must also be charismatic, able to unite and gain the village's respect. It is okay if they're a little impetuous or brash as, if all goes well, they will have veterans to guide and catch them should they fall."

"However," scarlet eyes reopened, studying the face of the individual she hoped to receive an answer from, "in all honesty, I think, rather than my opinion, I think yours is more important Takao. Mind you, not the opinions you have gathered from speaking with advisers and high-ranking officials, but your own thoughts on this matter. After all, you live in this village. This is your home to shape." Head tilting to the side with curiosity, the green haired woman awaited to see and hear Takao's response as she took a cookie from the tin. After washing down the biscuit with another sip of the cold iced tea, she relaxed into the back of her chair, hands folding in her lap.

[42 sentences]

kiiwispoet

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:13 pm
User Image
Takao was surprised at Kagerou's initial assessment, that the village needed Toso. In none of his other conversations had that sentiment arose. Her answer contrasted with Kenshin's in terms of Toso's capabilities, but he was touched by her response regardless. It was nice to hear that he was needed, even if Takao saw first hand how that need was degrading the man's health. The idea that being kage was diametrically opposed to Toso's identity was something the other advisors had hinted at but to hear it was satisfying, in a sense. He felt less like a detective and more like a man looking at a painted glass mosaic, trying to imagine what all the original glass pieces had looked like before.

"I think your concern is well-placed, Kagerou. I am really worried about him," he confessed quietly, eyes shifting over the folders between them. He could no longer resist and started rifling through them, reaching for Kameyo's first before he would look at Miyuki. Notably, he didn't even glance at his own file yet. Kagerou's next answer again contrasted with that that Kenshin had offered him, and unfortunately, both seemed to be equally good advice. Kenshin had focused on the divided past of Arashigakure and recognized the ignorance towards these messy origins as a core problem for Arashi, while Kagerou supposed that focusing on the present and not the past would be ideal for the village.

"How unaffiliated are we talking about, here?" It immediately brought to mind Kameyo, who hadn't been raised in the village and had come during Toso's leadership. It had been quite scandalous when she had taken so deeply to the kage as a genuine outsider, a rogue who had never known the life of any village. But she hadn't seemed interested in it when he'd talked to her; she had seemed nervous, in fact, about discussing geopoliticals even in general.

Kagerou turned the onus of the question onto him and it casted a frown on his face. He put down Miyuki's file, thinking her of a more experienced age and good temperance but exemplary in no manner whatsoever. He thumbed through Kaito's file, finding a decent status as a member of the APD but the last recorded cases of his were rather old. Had he taken a vacation? There was a note in his file that suggested an inappropriate relationship with a vigilante he was tasked with finding and bringing in. Scandals or lukewarm candidates sat in his hands and it deepened his frown. "I don't know what to think, Kagerou. I don't think my opinion holds much weight. Really, I think Toso picked me because my opinion is of no consequence. I betrayed the village in leaving, regardless of how misguided I'd been. I was in the Bingo Book. He tasked me with something with which I couldn't possibly screw up, because I had nothing to lose. That's not someone who makes good decisions..." Though all the advisors he'd spoken to had taken him seriously, he supposed they had no reason to. He had been given redemption when he'd done nothing to earn it. Picking leadership, even giving a recommendation to the kage, it was more responsibility than he deserved. He grabbed the files on the side, that of Hajime and Trefles, and looked at them a little more carefully than his previous files out of desperation.

"I don't get it. I thought, really, out of all of the people in this village that there would be some perfect candidate. Someone well-suited for political office. And there's not. How is that even possible?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:54 am
User ImageThough the reason for this meeting was to discuss the leadership of Arashigakure, the young doctor couldn't help but prioritize the demeaning way Takao spoke of himself. Pressing the tips of her fingers together, she waited for Takao to finish, all the way to the last sentence, where he asked about finding the "perfect" candidate. She pointedly side-lined that question and instead said, "Think what you may of the power of your opinion, but if Toso picked you solely for your lack of influence, then he could have chosen any low ranked genin or academy student. It would have certainly been less riskier and required fewer resources. I am sure he saw something in you of value. Even if you cannot believe in yourself, at least believe in those that chose and trust you. I don't know what you did to gain or regain Toso's trust or why he chose you, but whether it be by intention or luck, the squid's choices have an uncanny tendency to mean more than they seem at first glance."

Scarlet eyes, locked onto Takao's face, glided down to survey the biscuit tin next. The biscuits notably left untouched by Takao. The drinks, too.

"It's not possible because you're trying to find the 'perfect candidate.'" Leaning back into her chair, the young woman swirled her glass of tea around as she stared up at the ceiling in thought. "Oh, and for the record, by 'unaffiliated,' I mean someone who did not serve meaningfully one of the old village's Arashi was built upon." She took a sip of her tea as her crimson eyes narrowed, as if she was looking at some new piece of information, but that wasn't the case. She was staring only at blank ceiling. "It would be nice, but... Returning to my prior point, the Arashikage does not need to perfect. Toso was most certainly imperfect, but he was successful nonetheless because he understood his imperfections and could turn to those around him to make up for what he lacked. The kage, regardless of village, should never have to stand alone. "

A sip of tea.

"In fact, Takao, I've heard you're in a relationship with a somewhat promising candidate. Have you not considered her? She has clear affiliations with Kumogakure, but she has the energy and charisma Arashi needs and an almost unblemished streak of loyalty to this village.".

Another sip of tea.

[25 sentences]

kiiwispoet

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:05 am
User Image
Takao chewed his lip as Kagerou spoke. He was sure a genin or academy student would still have more bias in their opinion than Takao, since he had been completely uninfluenced by Toso and other Arashi politics during his leave. But Kagerou was making an overall argument he couldn't ignore. He had heard that Toso's choices often had hidden depth. He sighed and let himself deflate in his seat as he considered everything she was saying. "Okay, I hadn't looked at it like that. That Kages don't operate alone but with a team of advisors. I don't need to pick someone who is perfect, but someone who has a great team of people who balance each other out without lacking overall unity."

But that gave him a new layer of research into candidates. He'd recalled Kameyo and Kaito being notable lone wolves in their work, Kaito less so intentionally but because of the timing of his entry into the APD. Miyuki had had multiple missions with a Thresher and a Charybdis, meaning she already had an established support network that could help her. But more than that, Kagerou's suggestion of Shion warranted some serious consideration.

"Shion has so much spirit and energy. I think she could revitalize the more discouraged areas of the village and I like to think she could help with unifying it. I'm not sure if her position in the special forces would allow her to move to public office or if her frequent disappearances would continue as kage, which would stress out the people..." A part of him, selfishly, wanted Shion to take office more than anything. She had a good relationship with Toso which made him believe the squid would be happy with her succeeding him, and she obviously made Takao happy so he did believe she could improve the village morale. A smaller part of him worried that she would have to choose if she rose to office, though: affiliate publicly with someone who was just in the Bingo Book, or choose to leave him behind to become a kage without any baggage. But skeletons in closets made everything more complicated.

"If you were me, right now, what would be your recommendation to Toso? Please." He was sure she wouldn't answer the question, but he needed more guidance. He was spoiled for choice, looking at all these different shinobi. Stressed, he did finally relent to reward himself with a biscuit, if only to avoid chewing his nails or pulling out a cigarette right then and there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:04 pm
User ImageKagerou had answers to each question Takao had asked, direct and implied in unspoken words, but they were her answers. Not to say she was selfishly keeping them to herself, but rather the questions asked were not so simple as to have only one right answer.

With these new qualifications, had the doors just opened to those who could take the position of Arashikage? To most, perhaps. In her eyes... Well, that was both an answer that couldn't be explained and an answer that had just recently become uncertain. A new candidate had just stepped forwards. Who was to say there weren't others she had missed?

Was it appropriate for a kage to disappear frequently? She felt it could work either way for Arashigakure. In that case, it depended on the person who ascended to kage and their vision for their tenure. In fact, Kagerou's own answer to this question would have been different depending on if she was asked for herself or any other.

Were those worries that ran through Takao's eyes unfounded? She thought they were, but she wasn't close enough to either related party to speak of her speculations on such a matter.

Was Takao doing a good job? She thought so.

Lowering her eyes from the ceiling and looking at the glass upon the table, the smiling doctor reached a hand out to gently trace over the moist rim of her glass of tea. Circling, circling. She called, "I'm not sure, Takao," as she thought about what she had seen of him so far and what she knew of Toso. A small pause after getting his attention, she asked, "I can only speak for Kagerou, and I think what Toso seeks is Takao's opinions.". Crimson eyes then moved from clear glass to eyes as vividly red as her own. "Shion. My choice is Shion, for the reasons you stated and others I do not feel comfortable sharing." Her smile suddenly softened, outer edges of her eyes pulling downwards into a sympathetic expression. "However, though I give my answer, I implore you to be honest with Toso. At the very least, he deserves that much for trusting you. This responsibility is a difficult one to bear, I understand, and I understand the desire to be free of it as soon as possible. However, I think this challenge may be an important one for your growth, especially if my recommendation goes through. Rise to the challenges, Takao, like the dragon upon the back of your hand."

[31 sentences]

kiiwispoet

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:54 pm
User Image
Takao listened to Kagerou with a bit of unease because he didn't like her stated uncertainty, but he supposed that it wasn't her job to tell him what he wanted to hear. He didn't know what specifically he wanted to hear - just that he wanted answers. He did like Kagerou's endorsement of Shion and thought that Toso would accept her endorsement kindly, especially given his relationship with both of the kunoichi.

Ultimately, it fell on his shoulders, though. The pitch, the suggestion, the restatement from the advisors. It was all on him and he couldn't afford to ******** it up, for the sake of the village, if Toso gave his opinion any weight whatsoever. "I hope I can live up to that faith you've put in me. I, uh, I appreciate your time today. I think your endorsement will hold a lot of weight, but it'll be on the Arashikage moreso than myself or any of us." He grabbed another biscuit as he rose to his feet, jamming a hand in his pocket as he was simultaneously feeling relaxed from talking to his last advisor - thus finishing his initial task - and feeling hyper from the weight of the task in front of him. "Who knows what the rest of this year will look like, huh?" He laughed, albeit nervously, before he showed himself to the door.

"Thank you. For everything." He lowered his head a bit in respect before he would let himself head out unless stopped.

◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games