Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Chatting Together Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:04 pm
Clove Boheme
empress dee
Ah, but being a noob also had its perks too. Depending on what you did on the site determined whether or not you were going to be favored upon or treated like doggie poo poo. For me, being a noob was great back then, but now that its practically dead and since I learned so few skills when it was great...now it feels like hell.

I am a different person than when I played Gaia in 2006 -- and I frequented the Towns more often than posting in a variety of Forum topics, back then. I had made some friends in a particular forum, and it became a popular thread, so we all often joined in one particular spot in Towns, despite the lag to post one's own on-screen comment.

I think making friends in Guilds is a terrific idea.

It is a safe environment, and you can just be yourself.

I don't play role-playing games because I tend to have my character describe paragraphs of action than just a 2 sentence answer. I don't have the patience to wait for a return post by another player, and I don't have the time to play, really.

Playing word games, for me, is a lot more fun these days. ❤️

I don't mind paragraphs of action, wish more people did that honestly. But I understand how time can be so little these days.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:48 am
I just got back from vacation yesterday. I had gone to BC for a week and I will say that never again will I do this due to family issues. But, for those who want to go there in the future, here are some recommended places that I went to that I am sure that you will enjoy too.

First, there was the Bear and Bone restaurant in Golden, BC. It has a western theme about it, but it is kid friendly, there are friendly staff, the bathrooms are not disgusting as some tend to be, and the food is good. If you like steak, ribs, or specialty burgers then this is the best place to go. Normally, I do not like spicy food, but even though the ribs I had were spicy thanks to the barbecue sauce, they were tasty.

The hotel next to the Bear and Bone was where I stayed and I liked it. They have an indoor pool, which is perfect for a good soak. They have air conditioned rooms, which if you go in the summer like I did, you are going to need it. They have a complimentary breakfast in the mornings, though you gotta eat between 6 30 and 9 30 in the morning, that's the catch. There is an elevator so if you are strapped to a wheelchair, no problem. The staff is friendly too.

The next place that I went to that was worth it, if you do not count Fountain Tire in Golden (that bit was an adventure) was a pizza place near the Trail tire in Revelstoke. While you do have to wait 20 minutes for the pizza, it is at least fresh and it tastes amazing. And if you have to get tires replaced, then the trail tire in revelstoke is a good place to go. My nephew Nova had a blast playing the drums on the tires in Trail tire just saying.

After the adventure in Revelstoke, we went to a place called the Dutchman dairy, which is somewhere between Revelstoke and Vernon. Not only is the ice cream delicious, but you can pet the cows in the barn nearby. There is also a place called fruit world, which is as close to a U Pick as you are going to get. And the stuff there is amazing.

Then, close to Kelowna there is a beach that is great to visit as the sun is setting rather than during the day. If you do not care for burned feet or cut feet, then hey go during the day.

There are many places in Kelowna worth checking out. If you like fish, there is a fish and chips place with friendly staff and good food. There is a bookstore that is not a Coles/Indigo/Chapters that is good. The guy who runs the bookstore is a teacher.

Then, if you go to Peachland, which is where I stayed for the vacation, they have a decent IGA, they have some small businesses, but the most noteworthy is the farmer's market held on Sundays in the summer. I got the most stuff there.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Lady Hekitty

Aged Cat

3,400 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:46 am
good afternoon everyone  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:18 pm
Mistress Hekate
good afternoon everyone

Well, its the evening here where I am, and I did have an adventure today. But... it did turn out better once I did get home.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:24 pm
empress dee
I just got back from vacation yesterday. I had gone to BC for a week and I will say that never again will I do this due to family issues. But, for those who want to go there in the future, here are some recommended places that I went to that I am sure that you will enjoy too.

First, there was the Bear and Bone restaurant in Golden, BC. It has a western theme about it, but it is kid friendly, there are friendly staff, the bathrooms are not disgusting as some tend to be, and the food is good. If you like steak, ribs, or specialty burgers then this is the best place to go. Normally, I do not like spicy food, but even though the ribs I had were spicy thanks to the barbecue sauce, they were tasty.

The hotel next to the Bear and Bone was where I stayed and I liked it. They have an indoor pool, which is perfect for a good soak. They have air conditioned rooms, which if you go in the summer like I did, you are going to need it. They have a complimentary breakfast in the mornings, though you gotta eat between 6 30 and 9 30 in the morning, that's the catch. There is an elevator so if you are strapped to a wheelchair, no problem. The staff is friendly too.

The next place that I went to that was worth it, if you do not count Fountain Tire in Golden (that bit was an adventure) was a pizza place near the Trail tire in Revelstoke. While you do have to wait 20 minutes for the pizza, it is at least fresh and it tastes amazing. And if you have to get tires replaced, then the trail tire in revelstoke is a good place to go. My nephew Nova had a blast playing the drums on the tires in Trail tire just saying.

After the adventure in Revelstoke, we went to a place called the Dutchman dairy, which is somewhere between Revelstoke and Vernon. Not only is the ice cream delicious, but you can pet the cows in the barn nearby. There is also a place called fruit world, which is as close to a U Pick as you are going to get. And the stuff there is amazing.

Then, close to Kelowna there is a beach that is great to visit as the sun is setting rather than during the day. If you do not care for burned feet or cut feet, then hey go during the day.

There are many places in Kelowna worth checking out. If you like fish, there is a fish and chips place with friendly staff and good food. There is a bookstore that is not a Coles/Indigo/Chapters that is good. The guy who runs the bookstore is a teacher.

Then, if you go to Peachland, which is where I stayed for the vacation, they have a decent IGA, they have some small businesses, but the most noteworthy is the farmer's market held on Sundays in the summer. I got the most stuff there.
My next travels are to Greece, then The Dominican Republic, hopefully followed by West France  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 pm
Pink Fregia
I just want to say the little notes you added to your Changeling posts were quite cute and fun to read mrgreen  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:10 am
for my next vacation I hope its either a return to BC or to Ontario to see a Blue Jays game live.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:41 pm
Greedy Gertie
You naked. This is usually a sign that someone has quit Gaia...but you recently posted. Are you naked for a purpose or just to show off the default undies?  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:23 pm
I think there is an achievement on Gaia for being naked, but I think the idea is just to do that the once and early in your Gaian career. Then you are to try and dress up to the nines if you get what I mean. And the more often you change and customize, the more you are noticed. Or... so I am told.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:35 pm
hello everyone ... whats new ?  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:11 am
White Mage Rose
Got a new job as a manager which most likely gonna be double my previous salary/earnings. Am excited, because working 10 years in a "fast food / retail" type of job (as front staff employee) has allowed me to see what managers are responsible for and to be expected of. I've seen the new team in action the other night, and I can honestly say that I can rely on this team because they ARE a good team, unlike my previous jobs where half the team is carrying for the rest.

Gonna get my 1st training session in today and I am so ready to learn. The store hours are like, a complete opposite to my previous job. Will have to tweak my daily/weekly routine around to fit in comfortably though. Definitely gonna have to spend less time on Gaia, since this new job will be having me pull around 10hrs a day, 6 days a week. I want to spend time cooking a decent (and healthy) meal to bring to work as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:50 am
Yen Quest
White Mage Rose
Got a new job as a manager which most likely gonna be double my previous salary/earnings. Am excited, because working 10 years in a "fast food / retail" type of job (as front staff employee) has allowed me to see what managers are responsible for and to be expected of. I've seen the new team in action the other night, and I can honestly say that I can rely on this team because they ARE a good team, unlike my previous jobs where half the team is carrying for the rest.

Gonna get my 1st training session in today and I am so ready to learn. The store hours are like, a complete opposite to my previous job. Will have to tweak my daily/weekly routine around to fit in comfortably though. Definitely gonna have to spend less time on Gaia, since this new job will be having me pull around 10hrs a day, 6 days a week. I want to spend time cooking a decent (and healthy) meal to bring to work as well.

wow thats good to hear  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:58 am
White Mage Rose
wow thats good to hear
I am a bit surprised on how things went for my 1st day at work, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine after more training. There's definitely work to be involved, since it is a new area for me to explore (going from front staff fast food employee to managing a restaurant lead). Been watching Capricorn sign predictions on Youtube too. The separation from old job (or people in general) for the new, something will cause a delay, and work will be involved. I'm noticing the signs in those areas too, haha.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:38 am
Yen Quest
White Mage Rose
wow thats good to hear
I am a bit surprised on how things went for my 1st day at work, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine after more training. There's definitely work to be involved, since it is a new area for me to explore (going from front staff fast food employee to managing a restaurant lead). Been watching Capricorn sign predictions on Youtube too. The separation from old job (or people in general) for the new, something will cause a delay, and work will be involved. I'm noticing the signs in those areas too, haha.

i didnt know that you was a capricorn  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:49 am
White Mage Rose
i didnt know that you was a capricorn
January 11. Winter may not be my favorite month though, lol. Honestly, my brain refuses to learn anyone's birthdays/signs beyond my immediate family members. sweatdrop  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff