Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
Repressed Power || Mano & Soyeon || The Prophet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:01 am
User Image

After the events of the Sea Country, Soyeon requests that Mano train her in hand to hand combat. The former samurai, having converted a space in The Prophet for training, obliged the moment he was recovered enough to walk.

Novasse

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:23 am
User Image
The Tempest
Rank: Wanderer 磁気 | Classes: Taijutsu | Taijutsu | Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: S+ 勇 | Elements: Lightning, Wind

User ImageUser Image
It had only been a few days since the events at the Sea Country. Since the tiring battle against Jashin. Or, well… the avatar of Jashin, Mano supposed. The thought of the bloodbath and its results made the young man clench his fist, knotting the fabric of his pants leg as he sat in meditation. He sat, not in his usual combat gear, but with simple loose fitting clothing and bandages wrapped around his forearms. While the masked samurai had no qualms with killing, as it was nothing new to him, what that amount of carnage amounted to made him mad. It had been their goal to bring down the god of death. And Mano had nearly broken himself, as his body continued to remind him with every painful movement. All of his strength had gone to summoning, and then fighting, the spectre and it had all been for naught. He was supposed to support Satoshi, but would he be able to? Just the shadow of Jashin had required so much strength to fight… just how much stronger was the god himself?

Mano took in a slow breath to calm himself, one that filled the room with the signature chime of the Lightning Breath style. A stream of air similar to a cloud of steam blew from his mouth as he exhaled. It didn’t matter. It was Mano’s job to protect The Prophets and push Satoshi forward to his destiny. If he wasn’t strong enough to do that, then he would just need to get stronger. A knock at the door to his training room brought his focus back to the world. He lifted his head and looked at the entrance. “Enter.”

"Speaking"

Thinking

Chakra: 2765/2765
Stamina: 2990/2990
Sonic Chakra: 900/900
Strength: 8
Speed: 10
Reflex: 8
Endurance: 8

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Novasse

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Novasse

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 1:43 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
                                                                      LOCATION ▬▬ prophet training center xxx COMPANY ▬▬ mano xxx MOOD ▬▬ warm, inviting

A pair of feet stepped into the training room, as the raven haired woman strode in with the elegance of somebody well established into the Prophet's roster. She gazed upon the green haired Mano currently already in the room and would smile at his presence. "Ah, Mano. just the person I've been looking for." She walked to his side and sat across from him, leaning forward to gently and carefully hold the bandaged arms. He had been extremely loyal to Satoshi just as she had, causing a tremendous amount of damage to his body in the process. Seeing Mano like this filled her with a great sullen emotion. A proper servant who had remained true to his king, no matter the price paid for it. "How are you feeling?" she asked, her golden eyes looking to his face while releasing his arm. "You should really be recovering in bed rather than staying in here, but lucky for you, I've come to ask a favor of you." Soyeon offered the man a grin, resuming a normal posture and recalling her arms to be in her lap. "You've seen my abilities in Dust Release a thousand times by now, but I can't rely on it forever. Even with Son Goku in me, I need to be able to better harness it should the time come when I have to call upon him in battle. As such, I wish to know if you could train me in the ways of taijutsu."

Ephemeral Ozymandias

Tenshuyami

pyrategross

Ichengo Angelus

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:23 pm
User Image
The Tempest
Rank: Wanderer 磁気 | Classes: Taijutsu | Taijutsu | Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: S+ 勇 | Elements: Lightning, Wind

User ImageUser Image
“Oh, Lady Soyeon!” Even behind his mask, surprise was evident on Mano’s face. The last person he expected to be here was the lover of his Lord. As such he was a little slower to bow to her than he normally would’ve been. He pressed his knuckles to the floor, holding them shoulder width, as he lowered his forehead to the ground. “I apologize, I did not think it was you.” The young man sat up as the woman took his arms. Soyeon’s hands were gentle, holding his limbs tenderly. It was in sharp contrast to the power that he’d seen her wield in combat dozens of times over. But Mano also got the impression that this was closer to her actual nature than the cruel persona he’d seen from her.

Mano rose from his bow as Soyeon looked him over. They locked eyes through his mask and Mano’s body froze; was his heartbeat quickening? He gulped instinctively and looked away as soon as the demon host released his arms and adjusted her seating. “I appreciate the concern, my lady, but I am fine. I can’t serve the Prophets from a hospital bed, as I’m sure you know.” Honestly it was because he couldn’t sit still. Mano’s failure in the Sea Country rode heavily on his shoulders, so at the soonest chance he got, the former samurai was back to training. But he didn’t want to say as much to Soyeon; it was not her job to worry about him. It was on him to protect her, and the other Prophets. Not the other way around.

Mano listened intently as Soyeon asked him her favor. “Of course, my Lady.” He said before thinking for a second. “Son Goku is a powerful Yokai, indeed. But the fact that you wield such power speaks volumes to your own, as well. What kind of training did you have in mind?” The prophet gestured with his hand as he spoke. “You were a shinobi once, correct? Surely you had martial arts training during those days. What areas would you like to focus on? I will do my best to bring out your best, ma’am”

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Novasse

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Novasse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:15 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
                                                                      LOCATION ▬▬ prophet training center xxx COMPANY ▬▬ mano xxx MOOD ▬▬ warm, inviting

A smile formed at the woman's lips. "I should be the one apologizing for disturbing your recovery. You've taken quite the bit of damage." As Soyeon held Mano's arm, she'd feel her own hand tremble but only a slight amount. Her chest felt odd, a sort of stutter in her mind that caused it to slow. She wondered if it was some kind of illness or because of the stress of all that had happened. It wasn't one she had thought as of recent and still it confused her so. Her fingers left Mano's flesh as he looked away and recalled his arm to his side. He took a moment before speaking about his refusal to stay put in the hospital beds, although the first wench could only frown at his words. Even for their roles to be one sided, she couldn't help but worry about her favorited green haired little servant aboard the ship. He still had his uses but if Mano was going to play off his injuries then it was only going to lead to bigger issues.

"I won't force you to return to bed, but know that I'm quite against this." Soyeon said, while then continuing onto the matters that she had come into the room to seek his guidance with. "While it's true that Satoshi and I were once shinobi, I found my talents in Dust Release moreso than physical combat. So I have very little experience in those arts asdie from the most basic of training. As for what I'd like to train in, likely something that takes advantage of my ninjutsu capabilities alongside focusing on direct, hard hitting strikes. I don't have a weapon just yet, although what do you think would be most fitting, my knight?"

Quote:

Quote:

pyrategross

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:38 pm
User Image
The Tempest

User ImageUser Image
Mano simply nodded his understanding. He cupped his chin with his forefinger and thumb, tilting his masked face up to the ceiling as he thought. He had a mental catalogue of different martial arts styles that he’d pick up during his journeys after leaving Zaishin. “I can probably find something that would suit your needs, lady Soyeon.” He said after a few silent seconds. Then he pressed his hands to his knees and lifted himself up, his body protesting as he did so. He dusted his hands off on his tank top before leaning down to help the girl to her feet as well.

“But proper technique is paramount to whatever style you are learning. It is the foundation for which all styles come from.” Mano began to stretch out his arms and his shoulders while he spoke, indicating for Soyeon to do the same. “So before I can teach you something like what you’re asking, we must first build a solid foundation to place it.” The young man hopped in place to continue to warm up his body after sitting for so long. “I apologize, I am sure you would like to see faster results with your training. But I wouldn’t know what to do if I trained you improperly and it was the cause for your demise, my lady.”

Mano bowed to Soyeon at the waist before sliding into a stance. A simple one, with his body turned sideways to her and one foot in front. A close fist drawn to his side, and the hand closest to Soyeon held out, open with the palm facing her. “Mirror me, crossing our arms, then we shall begin.”

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Novasse

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Novasse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:34 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Soyeon would start to get up alongside Mano until his hand would enter her field of vision. Her gloved fingers slid into Mano's with ease as the two would come together. Their hands stayed together, maybe a bit of Soyeon's lingering concern was the cause for to wish a speedy recovery for her warrior in green. Maybe he could still be reasoned with to remain in bed, although before Soyeon could voice those thoughts, he'd go on about showing her what proper technique would appear like. Her eyes studied his form, those wounded outstretched arms, likely stinging from their overuse. She'd slowly do the same, mimicking his actions. Mano apoogized for taking his ttime but Soyeon thought nothing of it. "I trust your judgement and teachings, Mano. Any technique you wish to teach, I shall do my best to learn." He'd take stance next to her and slide into a stance. SOyeon would step out of her heel and kick them aside with her stocking-clad feet. Once free, she'd adopt the same position, body turned sideways, one foot outstretched in front of her, with one fist drawn to her side while the other would rest in an open palm formation in front of Mano.

Quote:

Quote:

pyrategross

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:59 am
User Image
The Tempest

User ImageUser Image
Mano would take a step to the side, moving in a way that would coerce Soyeon to do the same. The two would move in a circle together, with their arms crossed together. At a slow pace, it would almost look as if the two of them were dancing. It was probably the most peaceful moment on the ship since the battle at the Sea Country. Even with his injuries, the former samurai’s body didn’t protest in pain with his movement. “This is a sparring ritual performed in Zaishin, it helps to focus the mind and regulate breathing. As these are the two most important things a warrior must remember about combat. If you cannot maintain those two things, then it will lead to panic which will lead to death.”

Mano jumped back, giving Soyeon some distance. “Now, I want you to hit me, strike me with as much power as you can. If you wish to utilize the power of Son Goku, you must first become familiar with how to cause as much damage as possible with your own body. Let us begin.” Mano kept his words gentle, but firm, as he analyzed Soyeon’s stance and movements, ready for her to come at him.

"Speaking"

Thinking

Strength: 9
Speed: 11
Reflex: 9
Endurance: 9

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Novasse

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Novasse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:39 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Soyeon clung to Mano's side cautiously, careful not to grasp him too hard on the count of his bandaging. She spun around the masked man with their bodies beside one another. It wasn't fully keen on calling this as intimate as Satoshi and her were, yet something still would cause her to feel such strange emotions she hadn't felt in a long time. They had normally been so busy with their own duties that a moment of reflection like this was a rarity. Spending it with somebody so close caused Soyeon some amount of glee, the woman listening to Mano with all of her attention given to the man while he'd order her to strike at him. She frowned and hesitated to attack Mano but eventually this would have to be done to grow stronger. Soyeon paused to contain herself before hurrying over to raise a hand at Mano and threw a simple yet effective punch. The stance left a lot to be desired and her form was...it just wasn't. It lacked everything that a proper attack could harness. A true punch from somebody who had yet to see physical combat.

Quote:

Quote:

pyrategross

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:39 pm
User Image
The Tempest

User ImageUser Image
Mano watched Soyeon’s form as she did as he instructed. She was slower than he was used to. He could tell her balance was off, and the young woman had a lot of wasted movements. There would be a lot of work to do, the masked man supposed. Not that he minded. It was his job, his duty, to make sure Soyeon was able to defend herself. Additionally, spending time alone with her in the training hall put Mano at peace. But this peace didn’t make him lenient on her, either.

Mano shot his hand up, knocking her punch away with the back of his hand before twisting his wrist to curl his fingers around hers. He would step inside her personal space, with his shoulder pressed against her torso and one leg placed between her feet and his other hand pressed under the woman’s upper arm. With a pull of the man’s hand on her wrist, Mano would roll Soyeon over his shoulder to throw her to the matted floor as gently as he could. This put him in a position over her, with his face inches from hers. “Sorry, Lady Soyeon,” he whispered after a silent beat. He did his best to stay calm, but he could feel his pulse quickening and freezing his brains. He rose to his feet and helped her up.

“I wanted to see your form before I could make suggestions.” Mano walked around behind Soyeon and lightly placed his hands on her hips. “Your stance should be more solid, lower to the ground, because it keeps your center of gravity balanced.” As he spoke, Mano would gently move Soyeon’s body into position. “You want to keep your knees bent, so your body can spring into movement more readily.” The man would continue as he walked around Soyeon. “And finally, when you punch, you should keep a few things in mind. First, when you strike, pull the non-striking hand back and twist your hips towards your strike. It works like a pulley and puts more force behind the strike.” As he spoke, Mano demonstrated by punching the air. Even a light jab let a small burst of wind from his fist. “And the second thing is aiming. When you go to strike, you want to aim behind what you want to hit by a few inches, instead of the surface of what you’re hitting. It keeps the driving force of your power from dispersing on the surface and carries the blow. Does this make sense, Lady Soyeon?”

"Speaking"

Thinking

Strength: 9
Speed: 11
Reflex: 9
Endurance: 9

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action: