Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
They removed black!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:17 pm
The default font color here in guilds is a sort of graphite black. I used to post in true black using the word "black" in my font color code, and now all that text is WHITE or INVISIBLE! HIGHLIGHT MY POST!
SEE WHAT I MEAN? You can even quote this to see that I tried to make this black! Usually if the color code doesn't exist, the color doesn't change, but the font doesn't just turn invisible!!
I wonder if you can't see in quote boxes, too, which is this ghost white color.
This used to be the invisible text, but black might prove to be the true invisible if this works.
I wonder if it's also invisible in publix forums eek  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:21 pm
Different...Very.
The default font color here in guilds is a sort of graphite black. I used to post in true black using the word "black" in my font color code, and now all that text is WHITE or INVISIBLE! HIGHLIGHT MY POST!
SEE WHAT I MEAN? You can even quote this to see that I tried to make this black! Usually if the color code doesn't exist, the color doesn't change, but the font doesn't just turn invisible!!
This used to be the invisible text, but black might prove to be the true invisible if this works.
the black shows fine for me. Are you using dark mode? The black coded part isnt invisible but true black  

Darkness and Wings

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:03 am
Darkness and Wings
Different...Very.
the black shows fine for me. Are you using dark mode? The black coded part isnt invisible but true black
I'm not. The background is white. When you quoted me, the "black" text looks white and therefore more visible in the grey quote box. I wish sharing images was easier than uploading it somewhere then sharing the image link so I could show a screenshot.
The text that I titled white looks true black... maybe something got set to dark mode that didn't translate to this device... this is curious.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:12 am
Different...Very.
Darkness and Wings
Different...Very.
I'm not. The background is white. When you quoted me, the "black" text looks white and therefore more visible in the grey quote box. I wish sharing images was easier than uploading it somewhere then sharing the image link so I could show a screenshot.
The text that I titled white looks true black... maybe something got set to dark mode that didn't translate to this device... this is curious.
For me I see it like it always was. off lack is the non coded part and the part you want as black is showing as black. the white parts are white. Everything shows to me as it should be  

Darkness and Wings

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:51 pm
Different...Very.
Darkness and Wings
Different...Very.

I have the same problem of disappearing black that you do, and so do some others. I don't know if it's browser related or because once upon a time I did play with dark mode or what. For truly invisible text, you can use the code color "transparent" and then it won't even show up in quote boxes!

this text is transparent.
Quote:
this text is transparent even in quotes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
Darkness and Wings
Different...Very.

I have the same problem of disappearing black that you do, and so do some others. I don't know if it's browser related or because once upon a time I did play with dark mode or what. For truly invisible text, you can use the code color "transparent" and then it won't even show up in quote boxes!

this text is transparent.
Quote:
this text is transparent even in quotes.
whoOOOOOOOOOa  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Village Commons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers