Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2023)
☃️ sdrawkcab ☃️ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100 Day Event

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Event Deadline: ( UTC-8 ) 11:59 pm PST

 Useful Info
⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉
  Please review these Event Artist rules before posting.
  ❆ One post per day
  ❆ Label your days
  ❆ Spoiler all bug or clown related subjects

  Use this format when posting
  Comment is optional
[b]Day # [/b]
[u]Theme[/u]:
[u]Time spent[/u]:

[img][/img]

[u]Comments[/u]:

 Your Deadline
⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉
🕒(UTC-5) NEXT day 2:59 AM

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:07 pm
        Day: 01
        Theme: tomato
        Time spent: ~80 mins

User Image

Comments:
        @ tomatoes: I was worried about how it would go since I haven’t drawn for a few months. Pleased with the outcome
        Edit; I looked at my tomatoes on a few different screens today and it looked vastly different on each one. For screens that don’t show it, there’s some pink and purple and blue thrown in sparingly. And for screens that show a LOT of color… it’s not that bright in my drawing file in my app. XD;

@ event goals: I plan to do mostly silly doodles and stickers… but I also plan to do whatever I feel like at the time. … And some IG challenges if they fit theme. I saw the tomato prompt, wondered if there was a Food Paint Challenge with tomatoes, and found one. So there went my sticker plans. XD
        I forgot to keep an accurate track of time spent. I was ghost mode last year and got used to not tracking. My in-app time tracker tracks open canvas time and I left the app open even when I stepped away. So it tracked a whole lotta nothin’

I know guilds run on the old forum format, but I just realized that Gaia doesn’t auto change my black text to white for those in dark mode. OTL I’ll pick a different color scheme tomorrow. (I just love how the stark black text looks in guilds OTL )

Personify the object: Trashcan; Siblinghood; Sheep; Kabul, Afghanistan; Tomato; Faeries/Fairies

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:17 pm
        Day: 02
        Theme: art request: weird bird (Kumacchiato)
        Time spent: ~85 mins

User Image User Image

User Image

Comments: I love weird bird so much. XD The more I looked at the ref while drawing, the more I loved.. its uniqueness

The headshot with the blue bg took 25 mins. I was surprised it took that long but... I stared at the refs a lot (which saved time on the second one). I also didn't start with a clear idea aside from "make it unsettling." <.<;

The glittery one was inspired by today's theme sparkle.. inspired by. It'd been a loooong time since I last drew a glittery object. Once I started, I realized I forgot how I used to do it. XP I remember the basic idea so I made it up as I went along. It looked awful in the middle of the process... but it worked out. Oh shoot. I just remembered that I was gonna make its eye jeweled. Oh well, maybe another time XD
        It's saved with a transparent bg, but it looks kinda convincing from far away with a black bg.

The glittery one is a good reminder that keeping things loose can work out. I used to spend so long making sure the details were spot on perfect. With this, it all got loosely sketched and it's imperfect.. but I'm happy with the results

delivered art link

Style Challenge: Mob Psycho 100 / One Punch Man; Sparkle; Snail; High school; Habanero Pepper; Ogre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:27 pm
        Day: 03
        Theme: Happy Birthday, Levi!
        Time spent: 35 mins (of drawing time... but hours of indecision XD )

User Image

Comments: I had soooo many ideas and couldn't decide which thing to do. Maybe I'll draw some of them eventually... but I couldn't even settle on which style to use and it resulted in a whole lotta.. zilch drawing. So I just started sketching and.. drew something that wasn't even under consideration XD; idk... catctus cupcakes
        Thought process for this was... stacked cupcakes, he likes plants, ...cactuses are easy frosting blobs... hey, the cactus arm can be a cat tail. I think I remember that Quad likes cats. Settled.
        ...I know those arms belong on a different kind of cactus and not the blob kind but, shhhhh

[delivered art link]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEVI!; Obnoxiousness; Eagle; Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario); Saturn; Sun

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:40 pm
        Day: 04
        Theme: Study Challenge: Still Life
        Time spent: 50 mins

User Image

User Image

Comments: It's a WIP. ... I felt my rust. There's so much about it that I want to change, but I'm gonna refrain from typing out that essay. So hard to refrain. ...I see so much to change.

Ref in the spoiler. I set it up for reflection practice.

I usually keep it to one subject and digitally copy and flip the image for the reflection (and alter from there). It gets the job done from certain angles. It was good to see these ducks from this angle and how that digital trick wouldn't work here and soak it up for future drawings from imagination

I left the sketch overlaid in my pic since it looks like amorphous blobs without the sketch right now. XD; Such a horrible stage to have to post. XP I hope I feel like returning to this one and snazzying it up. It needs so much fixing tho. I wasn't planning on the final being lined, but it'll prob be faster to just line this one than go unlined. Idk. That's my other problem I had... no clear direction. I have a few different ideas but idk which one I want to run with from here so it was best to just stop and give myself time to decide

Study Challenge: Still Life; Despair; Wolf; Courtyard; Jinn; Anubis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:40 pm
        Day: 05
        Theme: Peppermint, Meet the Artist (Artist Card)
        Time spent: 35

User ImageUser Image

Comments:
        @artist card: I used one of my apps that I haven't opened in years just for the background. I drew it, wrote backwards in backwards letters.. then flipped the image. It's just there for the backwards writing, with the 'backwards' username. c;
        5 mins

@peppermints: This needs some work. I think saturating the colors might help it. I didn't have time to keep tweaking. If I'd just worked with the right colors to begin with, this'd be done.
        I saw the prompt and immediately thought of this Food Paint Challenge image that I've been wanting to do. So I'm kinda ish disappointed cuz I built it up different in my mind

Original comment

no time. tbe another time
        5 mins was on the silly card

Meet the Artist (Artist Card); Intelligence; Leviathan; Bone Crypt; Peppermint; Volleyball

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:37 pm
        Day: 06
        Theme: chameleon
        Time spent: 43 mins

User Image

Comments:
        I pictured a spiral staring with the curled end of the tail and exaggerating the elongation. My sketch wasn't as elongated as I'd pictured but ran with it. At the end, spent time fiddling with the colors.

Fashion Challenge: Modern; Confidence; Chameleon; Church; Sage; Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:02 pm
        Day: 07
        Theme: Hawaii
        Time spent: 31 mins

User Image User Image

Comments: Found sea turtles when I searched Hawaii fauna. I thought it'd be fun to add the cliché hibiscus flower to its shell. Cuz I can
        My new theme this week: struggling with colors. This slump feels so weird cuz color is the strong suit I fall back on. A lot of time was lost to coloring layers of different colors that you can’t see… cuz I was recoloring. I’d still like to change these colors but I’m done with it

Anyway, I made a simpler version (on right) just to make sure the hibiscus was obvious (for the theme).

I exported the timelapse video and watching it reminded me of something to complain about. XD I had added the turtle shell texture but then my next layer (overlay mode) turned that all super red. It was awful. I tried all I could but ended up just having to color over that texture. (It was all in one layer, so I would've had to carefully trace over it to recolor. I've been trying to color within the same layer lately and that decision came back to bite me. I did start trying to color over top of it (that same layer) but the color stayed so red so I wasn't picking the right color to counteract it.)

But also, the flowers... I've drawn hibiscus a few times before and I have a lot of hibiscus plants so I just drew from memory.

Medium Challenge: Coffee; Gossip; Birds of Paradise; Hawaii; Worm Moon; Osiris

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:42 pm
        Day: 08
        Theme: Bellflowers, Hippogriff
        Time spent: 32 mins

User Image User Image

Comments:
        @Bellflowers: 25 mins. idk what i was going for
        @Hippogriff: 7 mins. Didn't have anything to add to the flowers so I sketched this quickly from imagination to fill time.
        don't have time to reply to forums so not gonna cross-post today

Color Challenge: Monochrome Teal; Turbulence; Hippogriff; Haunted; Mansion; Suitcase; Bellflowers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:55 pm
        Day: 09
        Theme: Owl
        Time spent: 1h 50 mins

User Image

Comments:
        Completely digital art made to (hopefully) look like a papercraft. Fun, but time consuming to deal with so many layers
        Just in case someone does read this and wants proof.. here's the timelapse for this one. Ignore the hat. XD I pictured a cute wizardy hat on the owl that I'll just have to draw on some other drawing. I scrapped it early on since I was worried about hitting the max layers I can have. And I still ran out of layers at the end and had to merge stuff I didn't want to merge. x -x

edit; Annnd as I stare at it, I now see that my chibi owl proportions are lookin' like a chicken. Ugh. Oh well. XD;

Design Challenge: Kimono Pattern; Honor; Owl; Home; Nyx; Femme Fatale

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:08 pm
        Day: 10
        Theme: Previous Unused Theme: Wolf (Day 04)
        Time spent: 42 mins

User Image

Comments: Just wasn't in the mood to finish other stuff. Decided to do a wolf for some canine practice.

Finish/improve an earlier work from this event; Pick a previous Unused theme (state day #);
Fashion Challenge: 1800s; Submission; Narwhal; Spiral Mountain (King of Fighters); Himalayan Pink Sal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:35 pm
        Day: 11
        Theme: Silliness; Jupiter
        Time spent: 30 mins
        User Image User Image

Comments:
        @silliness: 19 mins. Hear me out, Imma blame this one on my headache. I was all, "What would be silly? Oh I know, a rubber ducky head on a buff man body." ... When I was done, I realized I basically reinvented furry art. *facepalm* My brain isn't working right now

@Jupiter: 11 mins of filling space. ...literally. XD; I finished the silly drawing and still had a lot of time left... but didn't want to render it further.
        This is all going downhill. > <

Study Challenge: Cage; Silliness; Chinchilla; Martial Arts; Jupiter; Lily of the Incas

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:49 pm
        Day: 12
        Theme: Color Palette Challenge
        Time spent: 33

User Image

Comments:
        When in doubt, there's always a pokemon. My brown & purple pokemon search returned: Tyrogue and Paldean Wooper. Tyrogue better fits the palette, but meh.
        I drew 3 to fill time.
        .... shiny poop blobs..

Color Challenge: tinyurl.com/2x6j7sxf; Jealousy; Sea Turtle; Disney World; Apollo; Daylight Saving

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:10 pm
        Day: 13
        Theme: Medium Challenge: Colored Pencils
        Time spent: 45 mins

User Image

Comments:
        I thought about thumbnailing before I started, but didn't. Lost time erasing a whole lotta sketch lines since I changed my mind a lot.
        I didn't think to test swatch this paper. I grabbed an old sketchpad that said it's for colored pencils. Well, that paper is toothy... and I would've had to add soooo many more layers to improve this. x -x
        And also... I didn't spend time looking for my Prismacolors and just went with my ollldddd Crayolas. The Prismas might've handled this paper better.. maybe...

Medium Challenge: Colored Pencils; Strife; Camel; Basketball court; Clams; Earl Grey Tea

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:55 pm
        Day: 14
        Theme: Pi Day
        Time spent: 75 mins

User Image

Comments:
        A slice of blueberry pie Food Paint Challenge in celebration of Pi Day. Made it colorful just cuz

Style Challenge: Powerpuff Girls; Vulnerability; Loch Ness; Monster; Galaxy; Taurus; Witchsona; Pi Day

100 Days Event (2023)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff