Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2023)
☃️ sdrawkcab ☃️ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:17 pm
        Day: 60
        Theme: continue previous: llama from day 58
        Time spent: 32 mins

User Image

User Image User Image

Comments:
        I’d planned on drawing more art today buuuuut plans changed. Hopefully I draw more tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:53 pm
        Day: 61
        Theme: Shiba Inu
        Time spent: 40 mins

User Image

Comments:
        I don't draw doggos often so I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out

Design Challenge: Hair/Braids/Accessories for hair;
Vacation; Shiba Inu; Library; Chocolate; Golems

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:34 pm
sdrawkcab
        Day: 62
        Theme: toes
        Time spent: 58 mins

User Image

Comments: TOE BEANS

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:40 pm
        Day: 63
        Theme: jalapeño
        Time spent: 38 mins

User Image

Comments: unfinished

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:21 pm
        Day: 64
        Theme: balloon
        Time spent: 36 mins

User Image

Comments: (quick iPad post for now. Will work on spotlight later from laptop but just wanna check this off)

Thoughts: “Balloon —> balloon animal —> poodle
        Oh I saw a cactus balloon the other day, that would be fun”

Then I ran into the issue where I was worried it looked too solid. The balloon poodle I used as a ref wasn’t see through, but I added some of the lines for the farther balloons back in just cuz

Oh shoot. XD I was gonna draw on an eye. Oh well
        Idk if I’ll return to this but I should make one that’s not a cactus. I just worried it’d be too simple to fill time otherwise

I reverse engineered the balloon dogs as a kid so I used to know how to tie them. And when I got older, I was also able to blow up those balloons on my own. If you’ve never tried… it’s difficult. I had friends trying over and over and they couldn’t get the knack of it. Adults too. After drawing this, I feel a little tempted to try making a poodle dog. But then… idk what I’d do with it so nah

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:21 pm
        Day: 65
        Theme: improve an earlier work: jalapeño (day 63)
        Time spent: 31 mins

User Image

User Image User Image

Comments: Still unfinished.
        I like how plain it started... so part of me wants to make another, more flat, version.

I love that the themes are all Star-Wars-themed. I just knew I could do this quickly without much thought

Finish/improve an earlier work from this event;
Pick a previous Unused theme (state day #);
Fashion Challenge: Renaissance Era; Force; Porgs; Sundari (New Mandalorian capital); Jedi; Light-sabers; May the Fourth be with You

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 3:50 pm
        Day: 66
        Theme: Raccoon
        Time spent: 30 mins

User Image

Comments: I’ll probably be doing traditional art for a few days (or more). It depends on how long it takes me to clear up space on my iPad.
        Last time this happened, it took a long time. Without getting into it, it’s a battle. (Doesn’t acknowledge that it’s been cleared and fights the process.) ...Tho I just saw that tomorrow is the DTIYS SC.. and I'll feel way more myself on the iPad. > < Gotta get working on it...

Until then, this is a good opportunity to do practice studies and/or play with some of the traditional mediums I have. Or maybe I’ll just draw on my phone. Idk. It’ll depend on the prompts.

Today, I didn’t want to have to think so I did a simple pencil sketch. My comfort zone used to be pencil and paper. I stopped drawing for years, and when I started again, I went digital. I’m not completely rusty. I do still draw/paint traditionally sometimes

I could feel how hesitant I was to make marks. I don’t usually care about having to erase pencil. I think it’s the fact that I’m tracking time. I feel like erasing a bunch is just a time suck and I’m racing the clock

I also had an unexpected struggle. I wanted to cartoonize the raccoon but I was fighting muscle memory. I used to sketch animals and (try to) draw them realistically by sketching all the hairs. I was trying to draw the outline of chunks of fur but my hand kept also just drawing singular fur lines. XD; Like it had a mind of its own since I had a pencil in hand.
        I think it’s the fact that I was staring at a ref. I didn’t have this problem with the otter that I drew (earlier this event) since I wasn’t looking at a ref.

Also, I made a poor artistic decision and the left side of the head (our right) is too wide. Not saying the rest is perfect, but a thinner side would help with perspective. My sketch line was better… but then I drew the fur in wider. I knew it was happening, but assumed it’d add cuteness. Wasn’t thinking. ...I could fix it but I need to get to work on my iPad crap

Music Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM;
Loyalty; Raccoon; Farmers Market; Flower Moon; Cinco de Mayo

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 5:25 pm
        Day: 67
        Theme: SC: DTIYS
        Time spent: 42 mins

User Image

Comments: I looked through my avatar closet for character ideas. I saw an avatar with ice cream cone horns and an ice cream tail and… went with it. This doesn’t look like the avatar. It also had a strawberry theme, but I went cherries for this one

It’s some sort of ice cream demon. I’m not gonna write this on the drawing cuz idk whatcha guys do with the character. So if anyone is wondering and they see this… have fun~ c:

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:41 pm
        Day: 68
        Theme: Spirit Challenge: DTIYS (Part 2)
        Time spent: as listed

All were posted individually to the main thread, starting with this post. I've got too many tabs open so it's an exercise of patience to wait for each page to open.. and tabs to switch to for copy/pasting info... ..gonna go close tabs now

User Image
        Artist: Kumacchiato
        Time spent: 45 mins
        Comments:

User Image
        Artist: crazypieloverangel
        Comments:

User Image
        Artist: WraythRose Darkthorn
        Time spent: 47 mins
        Comments:

User Image
        Artist: Selini
        Time spent: 21 mins
        Comments:

Spirit Challenge: DTIYS (Part 2); Secret; Horse; Airport; Venus; Lotus

Music Challenge: https://youtu.be/NI4qHvsjz7I;
Security; Flamingo; Lake; Basil; Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 pm
        Day: 69
        Theme: galaxy, basil

User Image

User Image

Comments:
        @galaxy; 20 mins. ...Idk. I had a bad headache and everything was a struggle. Heck, once I was done drawing, I didn't even want to log onto Gaia to make the post. = .=
        .. Anyway, I hoped galaxy would be easy. I didn't know what to add to make it fill time and figured lily pads could add detail without being too difficult. In a desperate attempt to further stretch the time, I added frogs. I was gonna add space helmets but couldn't do it with the shape I'd made them so I had to give up...

@basil; 10 mins. Not much to add here. Still more filler.

original comment:
        20 mins, 10 mins. I’ll edit my comments tomorrow. Struggled. Headache

Music Challenge: https://youtu.be/NI4qHvsjz7I;
Security; Flamingo; Lake; Basil; Galaxy

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:07 pm
        Day: 70
        Theme: continue previous: Jalapeno (Day 65); Ferret (Day 55)
        Time spent: 33 mins

User Image

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image User Image

Comments:

@jalapeno; 8 mins. I think it's done

@ferret: 25 mins. ...I was really surprised I only got that much done. Idk what happened. It's still just 'flats." I did hand fill in everything.. but I usually hand fill in these kinds of drawings (no fill tools used).

Finish/improve an earlier work from this event;
Pick a previous Unused theme (state day #);
Fashion Challenge: 70s; Thirst; Angelfish; Magnolia Town (Fairy Tail); Pisces; Christmas

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:55 pm
        Day: 71
        Theme: Sleep
        Time spent: 35 mins

User Image

Comments: There are a lot of different points I want to hit. I hope I remember them
        Headache again. I have had more headaches than I report but I reallllly don’t wanna read text right now. I know what triggered this one. I drank my caffeine much later than usual… and the caffeine didn’t alleviate it.
        I still don't wanna overload my iPad. I’m using it sparingly. I’ve started making space and it’s actually cooperating. I’d like to keep it that way. I still need to continue offloading files (hopefully this weekend.. maybe..) so I didn't use it
        I really wanted to do some sort of food drawing with the noodles so I'll prob save that prompt for later... tho, really, noodles are tedious so wtf am I thinking? XD;

I included the whole page for sense of scale. I didn't have a quarter (or other standard object) near me at the time I took the pic. My raccoon above was like 2/3 of the page, but looks like it could be much smaller

Okay so... the mushed face on the left... I swear to you that his faced was mushed like that... I searched my phone for pics of my cat sleeping. My cat is super adorable and has the most awesome personality and I love him to bits but he's not... conventionally handsome. XD; He has few photogenic angles. He's got.. a weird-shaped face. There, I said it. That one was an unflattering angle but I drew it since I was having trouble finding photos of him asleep (I finally found a bunch more after that). It looks like I can't draw, but.. that's close to what his face really looked like > <

Edit; Oh darn. I made a copy of my photo and altered the brightness and such so the drawings were easier to see. I just noticed that I uploaded the wrong version. .. oh well

Design Challenge: Visualize a Quote;
Sleep; Axolotl; Wall Rose (Attack on Titan); Noodles; Zinnia

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:55 pm
        Day: 72
        Theme: Baby’s Breath
        Time spent: 31 mins

User Image

Comments: I looked up flower crowns with baby’s breath. I ended up on someone’s Etsy page. They make flower crowns for pets. I used their dog photo as a ref, but made up my own flower crown for it.
        Added color to fill in time. Grabbed the quickest pencils and… they’re old erasable Crayola pencils and are really dry

Also, happy Friday~ and happy Tears of the Kingdom release day for those who got the game. I’ll be drawing but that game’s gonna pull my attention this weekend… … will be barely drawing…

Music Challenge: https://youtu.be/k67WVkHBoes;
Patience; Ostrich; Denmark; Butter; Baby’s Breath

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:37 pm
        Day: 73
        Theme: color palette, beauty

User Image User Image

Comments: quick iPad post

@ color palette: 15 mins. Grookey from Pokémon kinda has similar colors to the palette. Picked 3 to fill time… only made it 15 mins

@ beauty: 15 mins. Super quick and crappy Aphrodite-themed Zelda. I know shells aren’t shaped like that but XD I was half paying attention. And now back to TotK.

Color Challenge: tinyurl.com/4tnrv9d9; Beauty; Red Panda; Greenhouse; Nutmeg; Pandemic Legacy (boardgame)

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:35 pm
        Day: 74
        Theme: Balinese (cat)
        Time spent: 34 mins

User Image

Comments:
        Another lazy iPad post. I didn’t check time until I was done. Surprised it went so quickly. Covering up fur with a jacket is such a nice cheat. XD takes a little longer to draw, but is faster to color than fur.

… as to the jacket… I was gonna put “vintage” clothing on a cat but didn’t settle on anything and ended up going with a generic jacket

Fashion Challenge: Vintage; Chaos; Balinese; Ocean; Ghoul;
No Game No Life (anime)

100 Days Event (2023)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas