Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2023)
☃️ sdrawkcab ☃️ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:31 pm
        Day: 90
        Theme: Finish/improve: bumblebee (day 89)
        Time spent: 31 mins

User Image User Image

Comments:
        TW: It's a cat wearing a bee costume. The costume comprises a striped shirt, tiny wings and a hat with antennae

The drawing was done at 22 mins (left) but I stretched it out to 31 mins (right).
        iPad post

Finish/improve an earlier work from this event;
Pick a previous Unused theme (state day #);
Fashion Challenge: 90s

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 9:37 pm
        Day: 91
        Theme: Pantry
        Time spent: 31 mins

User Image

Comments: This was originally posted from my phone, but I edited the formatting a couple days later:

Phone post. I uploaded to Imgur earlier with plans of posting from my laptop. But here I am on my phone. I wanna make the post before I forget and will format another time

I thought this idea would be fun. But I soon felt “over” it and checked the time. I assumed I’d be at least 2/3 in but it was only 11 mins. @ .@ So it was another 20 mins of not feeling like drawing.

At this point in the event, I'm usually sad that it's coming to a close. I swear I do actually love this event... but I'm just so burnt out still. > <

Music Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vilDJuzlKIw
Helpful; Peacock; Pantry; Harpy; Hades

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:49 pm
        Day: 92
        Theme: Color Challenge: Monochrome Gold/Yellow
        Time spent: 30 mins

User ImageUser Image

Comments:
        I'm gonna be proper and write the usernames that these characters belong to:
        Desna; 21 mins; WIP lines
        His Yandere; 9 mins; sketch

I still want to finish up art requests from the freebie af SC. Used the monochrome gold/yellow as an excuse to go rogue. I'm pretty sure there were other monochrome themes I could've used as an excuse to work on that art. Oops.
        I'm posting from my laptop and it'd be easy to double post over to the main thread today but I'd rather keep these in the guild since they're WIP freebies.

Color Challenge: Monochrome Gold/Yellow; Happiness; Bat; Treehouse; Alchemy; Basketball

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:44 pm
        Day: 93
        Theme: overwhelm
        Time spent: 37 mins

User Image

Comments:
        This is all in jest and not how I feel. I was trying to think of a way to draw “overwhelm” and thought it’d be cute to relate it to the overwhelming 100 days of art
        The squashed artists are generic
        I’ve got Wi-Fi issues and my hotspot (to iPad) is a real slog. Gonna be a few days before the technician can come.
        I tried to model the Chii Rex after how Chii draws

Medium Challenge: Ink; Overwhelm; Tardigrade (bug warning); Hell Hall (101 Dalmation); Lady's mantles; CyberPunk (videogame)

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:36 pm
        Day: 94
        Theme: Maple

User Image User Image

Comments: [format fixed]
        I’ll fix formatting in a few days.
        As of day 93, still on cellular data and pretty sure they’re throttling me…

19 mins on maple syrup bottle. 11 on pancakes. I’ll ramble about both another time but I just wanna log out now. The upload speeds are killing me

The edited-in ramble: I thought the syrup bottle would fill time, but that's the magic of using the symmetry tool -- it didn't. I did a syrup bottle last year (I think) and really loved it. I didn't look at it because I didn't want to influence myself. I can tell that my style isn't as loose and I'll eventually compare the two drawings... and hopefully slide back into the more loose style in the future...

Music Challenge: https://youtu.be/J4m9zW_uoz4
Horrified; Kraken; Jungle; Maple; Resident Evil (videogame/movie)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 pm
        Day: 95
        Theme: Previous Unused theme: monochrome color challenge (day 58)

User Image User Image

Feeny ratfolk by (will edit in username but my screenshot doesn’t have it)
        And same for the wolf fox character

(my laptop is slow ish sooo... I need to take down a bunch of tabs before I can navigate, cuz yeeesh)

Two super sketchy pics. I don't have the time breakdown for each since I drew both on the same file.

I used today to do more work towards finishing up the art freebie SC thread. Idk if I'll end up using these sketches for the final images, but at least I got a first pass down.

Yadda yadda phone post, no Wi-Fi, will edit in a couple days

I used screenshots that I took in the past. The screenshots didn't include the usernames since I only zoomed in on the refs. I’ll appropriately give credit to the owners of the characters when I edit this post. My phone data is definitely throttled which is.. crazy… since I’m not near the throttle point. Anyway, navigating forums takes way too long. I load directly to this page to make this post. XD

Finish/improve an earlier work from this event
Pick a previous Unused theme (state day #)

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:40 pm
        Day: 96
        Theme: Squirrel

User Image

I had a story/explanation typed… had most of it done… and then my page reloaded for some reason and I lost it all. Soooo that sucked. I’ll write the explanation of the art when I edit the format

edited-in story time: ... It's just the explanation of the art. Nothing funny. Anyway, squirrels are cute... until I attempt to draw them. They always look so bad. XD So I knew I needed to lean on cartoon characters. Secret Squirrel popped into my head right away. I wanted to draw a second squirrel and went with Sandy Cheeks.
        ... I never got into Spongebob so I don't know Sandy well. I know I’ve seen her in her air suit and a swimsuit. Since she’s out in the air, that put her in swimsuit.
        I just wanted to draw SS for the silhouette of his jacket. I figured he’d look like a flasher (cuz he does) if the two didn’t match. So Sandy’s outfit is a mix of her suit, swimsuit and a random jacket.
        I was done at almost 28 mins so I spent a couple mins just kinda cleaning up the lines to make the 30 min minimum.

Design Challenge: Disney Villain; Marvel; Squirrel; Ursula’s Lair (The Little Mermaid); Aquarius; Betrayal at House on the Hill (boardgame)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:48 pm
        Day: 97
        Theme: Unicorn

User Image

I have wifi (yay!) but I'm waiting for aspirin to kick in for my headache (boo!) so I don't feel like editing the formats of my last posts right now. So. This is another phone post.

Ugh. I'm really having a weak art showing for this last week of the event. I feel like I started out so strong. XD Oh well. My headache was bad (still is) while I drew this. This is just autopilot, time-filler horse with a horn. > <
        I also originally drew the eye smaller like the horse's actual eye. I decided to make the eye bigger. I should've also changed the shape of the eye to be more cartoonish... cuz now it looks like a human eye. XD Ohhhh wellllll.. it's done. (Just in case it's not obvious, the spots and the sparkles were to help stretch the time to 30 mins)

Music Challenge: https://youtu.be/CyFrK4tL-SM
Fear; Unicorn; Hyrule (LoZ); Sugarbushes; King of Tokyo (boardgame)

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:17 pm
        Day: 98
        Theme: Strawberry
        Time spent: 48 mins

User Image

Comments: For my own bookkeeping purposes, I just went thru and fixed the formatting on the previous days.

I reallllly wanted to do the tutorial collab. It's fun. I wasted a lot of time trying to think of something to make a tutorial for... and had to scrap the theme. And I just noticed the monochrome red prompt. XD Darn. I saw strawberry and ran with it.

This is... idk. I need to punch up the contrasts, I think. Very flat and melds. The shadows really need to deepen. And there wasn't much shine in the original, but this needs shine.
        I'm also not happy with the background. The ref pic was on a horrible table with a horrible bg but this generic color I went with is doing nothing for this. I like the blues and purples tho. I think the problem is that my values are off because I tried to keep that blue in there... I'll have to study how artists are able to let the bg color peek thru and keep good values.

Color Challenge: Monochrome Red; Nightmare; Guinea Pig;
Ranch; Strawberry; Mysterium (boardgame)
(Collaboration Part 1) Create a tutorial for anything you choose, post it in the main thread for others to view and use!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:03 pm
        Day: 99
        Theme: Collaboration Part 2; Heaven
        Time spent: 34 mins

User Image User Image

TW: bugs: teeny tiny vague fly shapes
        User Image

User Image

Comments:

@collab part 2: I used Kumacchiato's tutorial for "how to turn anything into kawaii poop"
        19 mins
        I picked a frog in honor of the princess frog, an angel for the heaven prompt, and a duck just to round things out. That was fun
        It's obvious but I drew one poop shape and used it for each one
        [quoted kuma for the collab]

@Heaven
        15 mins. The tutorial didn't fill time and I didn't want to think up more poops sooooo I pivoted to heaven. This is basically a redraw of a dog I drew before (not for 100 day). It had a devil costume on so I wanted a version with an angel costume. o wo

Music Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ab7WLfG3E
Cruel; Griffin; Dr. Facilier’s Voodoo Emporium (Princess and the Frog); Heaven;
(Collaboration Part 2) Pick a tutorial created from the previous day's theme that was posted on the most recent page of the main thread

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:46 pm
sdrawkcab
        Day: 100
        Theme: cute
        Time spent: 35 mins

User Image

Comments: sooooo I was thinking about stuff that’s cute and was thinking about those cute sticker packs where any object is cute cuz they have cute little faces…
        Had to keep going with it and adding to it to fill time but I like how it all worked out

Edit; I started with the bg color and purposely went yellow and not full white and didn’t mean to make it look like it’s got a filter but I’m digging it XD

Color Challenge: Monochrome Red; Nightmare; Guinea Pig;
Ranch; Strawberry; Mysterium (boardgame)
(Collaboration Part 1) Create a tutorial for anything you choose, post it in the main thread for others to view and use!

100 Days Event (2023)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff