Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2023)
After Thaw - 2023 Post-Event Thread! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:53 pm
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ
··················································

User Image
Art by crazypieloverangel - Kumacchiato inspired poops (and After Thaw title)

This is the 100 Days of Art 2023 post-event thread! What is it for? Reflections
mostly! Comments, questions, criticisms. Anyone who signed up for the 2023
event will be quoted to locate this thread. We welcome everyone's thoughts
and inputs but please be kind and constructive.

SurveyMonkey worked somewhat but then I found I had to pay to get
everyone's responses when it was over 10! It cost me $99 and I'm not doing
that again! So for now surveys will be in jotform as they allow up to 100. Gaia
does not like Jotform very much. So this is a link you would have to open up
on a separate tab.

https://form.jotform.com/231526114447148

This survey is anonymous by the way! It does flag on gaia because some
jerks try to use jotform to convince people to put in sensitive information, like
their SSN and stuff like that. But obviously that isn't on our survey. Also this
survey will automatically close in a month!

In the meantime, let us know how you think you did! Do you see any
improvement than when you first started? How about for those of you who
participated in last year's event?

crazypieloverangel

Kumacchiato

sdrawkcab

WraythRose Darkthorn

Ako-Sama

Annadorkable

cassieeeeee

Faery Nuff

flowerbin

Freaque of Nature

Leithern

leonaenae

Lioba

Nhyllian

OtakuKat

puuur

Tanteii

ChiiDoLLx

hiimbeary

Ichinose Mizuhino

Kittenflavored

luvlee_x

Manu~Koa

mythological irony

Nhyllian

Quadropopilous
[quote="scribblescrabbles

Selini

SilentBreeze90

Tophoking

True Karma

Zyrifrost

㊦㊚

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:54 pm
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Congratulations to Kittenflavored!

Kittenflavored was the first artist to reach their 100 days!
June 08,2023 @ 4:50am EST

She also successfully completed it by being off-theme for all 100 days! A ghost feat! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Many ghosts have attempted.. but almost all break down and inevitably draw something on theme.

Thank you to sdrawkcab again for doing the spotlight! How did you feel doing it? How long did it take you? It feels like it would take me forever and it was such a load off everyone's shoulders. I wasn't even sure if we should have it to be honest. But I'm glad you stepped in!

ChiiDoLLx - You proved Karma's theory right that catching up could be done so late in the event as a ghost. It was awe-inspiring how shameless you were with some of it but that is a lesson I need to do. I throw a lot of work out, sketches and doodles, that I could have easily tripled my work. I will definitely take into consideration for future events as a ghost and hope others can as well that it isn't always about completed pieces. It is simply about getting the mileage in.

TrueKarma
Thank you for always helping direct people with questions when asked. It has brought us relief when we've all been stuck with life or work to see that you've already caught people's questions and answered them. I grant you honorary title as ghost-mod hahaa! It's not 100 days without you for me anyway!

㊦㊚

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:56 pm
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Be kind to yourself. We don't all make the goal we set out for ourselves. Remember, this is a community run event and its only goal is to get you to draw more for the year.

Be kind to others. Please do not set your expectations on people based on their role or skill level.

Next year there will be an implementation that will hopefully take a lot of the busy work of the event out of mod hands. There will be automation and bots preferabbly. Likely this will take place on Discord. I know not everyone has it, but technically it would allow 100 Days to expand outside of Gaia and involve more people. The chief complaint I hear is how quiet it is. Unfortunately that's what happens with die backs in social platforms like Gaia. The people that tend to remain are the most quiet and the silence didn't bother them regardless. For those of you who like louder, more interative communities this should be very attractive to you. This will take a lot of work out of Chii and me and hopefully anyone else who wants to participate in this process. But I think if it can be done it'll help a lot of people, and future events!

Next year instead of a Gaia Sign-up, regardless if the event is moved to Discord or not, there will be a sign-up survey instead. It'll be similiar to the post-event survey. You will find annoying questions in it next year, but they will be essential that everyone is capable of participating.

Please keep it constructive. If you need to vent without the goal of building on next year's problems and solutions please just leave me an angry PM. I've been used to that for 3 events now! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

㊦㊚

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:12 pm
Quadropopilous
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Congratulations to Kittenflavored!

Kittenflavored was the first artist to reach their 100 days!
June 08,2023 @ 4:50am EST

She also successfully completed it by being off-theme for all 100 days! A ghost feat! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Many ghosts have attempted.. but almost all break down and inevitably draw something on theme.

Thank you to sdrawkcab again for doing the spotlight! How did you feel doing it? How long did it take you? It feels like it would take me forever and it was such a load off everyone's shoulders. I wasn't even sure if we should have it to be honest. But I'm glad you stepped in!

ChiiDoLLx - You proved Karma's theory right that catching up could be done so late in the event as a ghost. It was awe-inspiring how shameless you were with some of it but that is a lesson I need to do. I throw a lot of work out, sketches and doodles, that I could have easily tripled my work. I will definitely take into consideration for future events as a ghost and hope others can as well that it isn't always about completed pieces. It is simply about getting the mileage in.

TrueKarma
Thank you for always helping direct people with questions when asked. It has brought us relief when we've all been stuck with life or work to see that you've already caught people's questions and answered them. I grant you honorary title as ghost-mod hahaa! It's not 100 days without you for me anyway!

㊦㊚

thanks lol
I tried to do day 100 on theme but none of them spoke to me ;u;

I really feel like this year's art event got me 75% closer to finishing the story I'm writing, due to it being timed and my brain operating better on urgency and being put on the spot.

Honestly besides the one snag I think this was my fav art event so far out of the three I've currently done.  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:13 pm
omg :'3 ty for the gift

*joy sob*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:26 pm
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Kittenflavored
omg :'3 ty for the gift

*joy sob*

Of course! It was my secret gift until the end! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

㊦㊚

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

Freaque of Nature

Demonic Dreamer

26,275 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:10 pm
I ammm disappointed in myself that I didn’t do anything this time. Real life screwed me over big time this time around.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:54 am
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Freaque of Nature
I ammm disappointed in myself that I didn’t do anything this time. Real life screwed me over big time this time around.

Don't fret, Freaque! Some of us only got through a few days. I myself only did what.. 14 haha.

There is always next year, and hopefully some smaller events prior! We can't always control life and it's not like we can just opt out of it. You signed up with the intent to draw and that's the biggest hurdle. The passion is still there and as long as you got that the art will come when time allows. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kikio is currently running a month long event that just started if you want to take a look at that! It's in my sig now that 100 days has finished.

㊦㊚

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:35 am
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Also I check the link today for the survey and it is working!

Remember Gaia will be finicky about to opening up jotform directly from their site. The reason for this, although not the survey I'm offering to you guys, other nefarious people will make forms and try to get people to enter in sensitive information, like their SSN and driver's licenses, or make fake job applications. That obviously isn't the case with the survey I made. The only thing it asks in the end is if you want to give a username to a specific platform to be reached in in the future.

㊦㊚

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:22 am
man, Gaia really does not like that link lol
have to copy and then paste in a new tab. can quick open it in new tab xP  

Katal

Antique Shapeshifter

45,800 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Brilliant Light 450

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:01 pm
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Katal
man, Gaia really does not like that link lol
have to copy and then paste in a new tab. can quick open it in new tab xP

HEY xD I didn't invite you for the survey! Well if you did it I can't stop you haha. I'll take any notes whole heartedly though

㊦㊚

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:15 pm
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

Our final tally is up! Excuse me for the people who didn't draw anything I didn't add you to the list.. but I still invited you to the survey! In total over 1,100+ pieces were drawn! Way to go everyone!

❅ Hard Mode ❅
crazypieloverangel 100
Kumacchiato 100
sdrawkcab 100
WraythRose Darkthorn 100

❅ Ghost Mode ❅
kittenflavored 100
Selini 100
ChiiDoLLx 100
True Karma 96
luvlee_x 66
OtakuKat - #65 (100 reached after deadline, however!)
Leithern 61
Faery Nuff 61
Ako-sama 38
Lioba 30
scribblescrabbles 30
Quadropopilous 14
mythological irony 11
cassieeeeee 9
hiimbeary 9
puuur 8
SilentBreeze90 7
Tanteii 7
flowerbin 7
Nhyllian 4
Annadorkable 3
ZyriFrost 2

㊦㊚

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:35 pm
tysm all, for the event! ah, i also fell short and had a lot going on at the start so i barely did anything, but it was good to be able to join anyway! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:58 pm
∂εɱµ૨ε ɠα૨∂εɳ ∂εɱσɳ

hiimbeary
tysm all, for the event! ah, i also fell short and had a lot going on at the start so i barely did anything, but it was good to be able to join anyway! <3

And it's always good to have you, whatever your time allowed! Next year we'll be closer to the start of the year. This late start seemed to mess with a lot of people's new year's art resolution drive haha. And by that I mean some of us had already given up by then xD (like meeee)

㊦㊚

Quadropopilous

Crew

Rare

sdrawkcab
Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:58 pm
Holy cow @ survey monkey. I've seen others use it for >10 people... I had no idea that they got charged. Or maybe they just didn't read the results. XD

Thank you Chii, Quad, Pie, Kat for keeping the event running!
And thanks @ anyone who posted art. o wo I loved looking at everyone's takes on prompts... and also at anyone who posted the offprompt ghost art. I liked sifting through the threads whenever I had little 5 min breaks. c: Thank you for being my entertainment! XD I need to now find other entertainment to fill small breaks...

... As to that improvement question... idk... I can say that my style changed compared to last year. And there are aspects I want to keep but I also need to go scrutinize my old art and bring back some techniques that I've dropped. (ie, I like my old style more XD;; )

But first... I'm just gonna take a break. XD My art also suffered cuz I had idontwannadrawitis. I also need to take the time to dump a bunch of art files off my iPad again since it's fulllll and acting up again. ...So it's a good time for a draw break anyway :>

100 Days Event (2023)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff