Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
A problem(Advice?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:01 pm
I want other people's opinion on this. To me it is strange and it has me a bit bewildered and worried.

It started with a PM from an username I've never seen before. The username was Avitar Aang. The Pm included questions such as "Have you been going to school lately?" and have you been talking to your friends?"

Well...I asked who he was and he said was Ed. Well I don't know an Ed in real life, and I didn't like the fact this person was asking questions that were a bit to personal, as though we were friends.

So I Pmed him back telling him he should being asking people he doesn't know such questions. Then I added him to my ignore list. A day later I found comments in my profile by a [Tarja]. They were spam to me, but before I deleted them I looked up the username.

When I checked my ignored list the person(Avitar Aang) I added the day previous now had a different username which was [Tarja]. This avitar was created in 06/06/2005. It has zero posts...and the avitar picture doesn't even show up.

I deleted the posts in my profile page.

Now today I get contacted by an avitar by the name of superman3 asking to be my friend. Mind you this user in not very literate.

His avitar is very fresh..the account created 04/04/2006 with zero posts. That means that it was created the say day it PMed me.

Well...I asked this person where he found me. He didn't say in next message. So I PM back asking again.

Then he tells me he saw that I was online. Now my avitar is hidden, so only people who are on my friendslist would know that. I told him that....

His next reply is that he saw me in the towns. That makes him a liar because I haven't been in the towns today or in the week previous.

I pmed him back telling him to bugger off and added him to my ignore list.

I don't know what the hell is going on but I feel slightly harrassed here...why are accounts with no posts pming me?

What do you guys think? I think something is going on but I want your opinion. I have a feeling that the first person who I shifted to the ignore list made another account and is Pming me yet again.

What should I do?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:52 pm
I think you're right about these being the same person. Unless this kind of thing happens to you all the time, then I find it unlikely that three different n00bs should talk to you within the space of a few days. If "Ed" always has similar grammar and asks the same questions, then it's pretty darn obvious.

My suggestion: ignore him (or her). If you don't lead them on, they'll get bored and move on, like any bully. If the problem gets more serious, contact the admins through the Questions and Assistance forum.  

DivideByZero14

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:19 pm
DivideByZero14
I think you're right about these being the same person. Unless this kind of thing happens to you all the time, then I find it unlikely that three different n00bs should talk to you within the space of a few days. If "Ed" always has similar grammar and asks the same questions, then it's pretty darn obvious.

My suggestion: ignore him (or her). If you don't lead them on, they'll get bored and move on, like any bully. If the problem gets more serious, contact the admins through the Questions and Assistance forum.

Yeah...well none of the 2 (although 1 changed a name and could be counted towards 3) had good grammer.

I just find it extremely odd. No I'm not normally contacted by noobs....but something else happened I forgot to mention.

The day after contact with that Avitar Aang, I was walking throught rhe hallway(at school) and two people...tall white kids came up to me in the hall and said "b***h!" right to my face. I ignored them, but I wonder if there could be a connection. I then went home later on and found that Avitar Aang became the other username.

I have it written on my bookbag the gaia site...and my username. I don't know who those two people were though, because I've never met them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:57 pm
Sanguvixen
Yeah...well none of the 2 (although 1 changed a name and could be counted towards 3) had good grammer.

I just find it extremely odd. No I'm not normally contacted by noobs....but something else happened I forgot to mention.

The day after contact with that Avitar Aang, I was walking throught rhe hallway(at school) and two people...tall white kids came up to me in the hall and said "b***h!" right to my face. I ignored them, but I wonder if there could be a connection. I then went home later on and found that Avitar Aang became the other username.

I have it written on my bookbag the gaia site...and my username. I don't know who those two people were though, because I've never met them.

I know nothing of your school and whether being called "b***h" is normal or not, but I wouldn't assume without further evidence that the two at school are at all connected.  

DivideByZero14

HaileSelassie601993

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:25 pm
It seems from how you phrased it that division along racial lines is common, so perhaps they're just bitchheads. Maybe you should talk to Parry Aftab, a cyberlawyer who handles this kind of stuff, though I'm sure she's probably very busy these days. Maybe she can get Gaia to do something. Anyway, it seems you're dealing with a couple of bitchheads.

http://www.aftab.com/  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:50 pm
paulkimpaul
It seems from how you phrased it that division along racial lines is common, so perhaps they're just bitchheads. Maybe you should talk to Parry Aftab, a cyberlawyer who handles this kind of stuff, though I'm sure she's probably very busy these days. Maybe she can get Gaia to do something. Anyway, it seems you're dealing with a couple of bitchheads.

http://www.aftab.com/

What could Sangu claim as damages? The $.50 on her electric bill for the time she spent deferring their advances? Three million for "emotional distress"?  

DivideByZero14

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:53 pm
Well, if it's harassment you can report them.

"If the problem gets more serious, contact the admins through the Questions and Assistance forum."
-To get technical, what would actually happen is that you'd be answered by other users who may or may not be able to tell you which kind of mod to go to, or where to submit a report.

People are stupid and the internet seems to make it worse. I'd wait and if it continues, see about trying to report it confused

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:49 pm
Save all the emails you recieve and then forward them to a moderator. If you look in the FAQ, it tells you which moderator to send them to.  

Dande_Lion

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:48 am
Thanks for the advice guys(and ladies).

So far there has yet to be a third case of this person, but than again. I sent a very strong message when I dealt with the second one.

I'll be keeping my eye open just incase the idiot is biding his time, waiting in hope that he'll catch me off gaurd.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:06 pm
Sanguvixen
Thanks for the advice guys(and ladies).

So far there has yet to be a third case of this person, but than again. I sent a very strong message when I dealt with the second one.

I'll be keeping my eye open just incase the idiot is biding his time, waiting in hope that he'll catch me off gaurd.

Just keep a strong password, and all should be well.  

DivideByZero14

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff