Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Rob Roy Kelly

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jam-wired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:37 pm
I just thought I'd share my own personal experience with this man and also briefly give him an intro. Rob Kelly was my Visual Communications (including perceptual studies, color, and design principles) instructor two years ago; he died earlier this year, and my class is actually the last one he taught. He worked with some of the early great designers like Josef Albers, and is pretty well known in the field. He really knew his stuff, and wasn't shy about letting you know -- he was constantly telling the students, myself included, that our work was horrible and we didn't know what we were doing. Ah, memories.

Anyway, I wanted anyone interested to look at some of the student work his website showcases, because he taught design fundamentals in the way I have learned (and keep in mind this is one of the many ways to learn design fundamentals). Look under "Courses."

http://www.rit.edu/~rkelly/  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:10 pm
is it actua;lly like a lesson outline and description etc
i'd have to mark out a day to read though all this
but now i'm gonna go get something to eat and drink cos i feel like i'm about to collapse and then i'm gonna go to bed  

Acis

IcyBlaze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:08 am
He seemed cool. Thanks for the link.

*click*  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:01 pm
Bless his soul. That site looks like it's packed with information. I'll have to read it sometime... sweatdrop  

myst_dragon

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff