Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
GGDG Banner Contest! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna enter?
Hell yeah! Getting started right now...
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Maybe... need some inspiration first...
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Nah, I'm too lazy XD
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Maybe I would if there was a better prize...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Okay, now we have a quite a few members, its time to launch our first contest:

Banner Contest!

The Specifications
Design a guild banner! The winning entry will become our 'official' banner, and will be featured on the guild homepage.

The Prize
The winner will receive an August letter, worth ~4k. Other random prizes may be given out for originality etc (if I can find some other prizes sweatdrop )

The Rules
1. The max size for sigs in Gaia is 500x500 px, so all entries must be smaller than this. Also bear in mind that many people have other things they wish to keep in their sig, so a 500x500 banner may not be appealing.
2. You may submit as many entries as you like.
3. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be in the running for the prize.

After the closing date, I'll create a new thread with a poll for all members to vote on their favourite banner. You may vote for your own submission. Entries that didn't win will still be made available for members to use in their sig.

Post your entries and any queries in this thread xd Let's go!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:11 am
Hrmmm I want to edit the first post, but for some reason its not letting me stare All I wanted to say was that the contest ends on 30/9/04. That gives you all a little over a month.

*grumble grumble kicks Gaia* domokun  

Chisa
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:48 am
A lot of times, when you edit the first post, your poll goes away... wouldn't want that to happen. biggrin

And for anyone who's not used to seeing the date like that, she means September 30, 2004. xd Teehee.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:59 pm
Entry 1
User Image

Entry 2
User Image

Entry 3
User Image

~--Mini Version--~
User Image

Entry 4
User Image

~--Mini Version--~
User Image

Entry 5
User Image

Entry 6
User Image

Entry 7
User Image

Entry 8 (Last Entry)
User Image  

myst_dragon

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:52 pm
you cna see mine in my siggy ..  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:57 am
bear in mind i don't go to college, unlike some people!! thats why its not as good as some.... heh

User Image  

Krystal_digitaliS

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:16 am
im probably less skilled then you ..
^____^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:31 am
Yay, we're getting some good entries here! Still 27 days left, so plenty of time... these August letters are pretty popular, so you should be able to sell it for quite a bit even if you don't like the items. 3nodding  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Krystal_digitaliS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:53 am
any particular colours? smile i am excited razz  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:43 pm
Krystal_digitaliS
any particular colours? smile i am excited razz

For the banner? The banner can be any colour and contain anything you want, as long as it demonstrates good design (thats what this guild is for after all xd ) Enter as many times as you like.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:10 am
Here's my quick effort: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just wanted to throw together something quickly to put in my sig, since I make a lot of posts (gooo advertising!). I'll probably come up with something better (and more colourful) later. Oh, and I'm not eligible for the prize, since I'm running the competition, but anyone else is! So enter!

Please biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:19 pm
Hm....I think the banner is too big. How do I make it smaller in PS7?  

myst_dragon

xNathan_Fordx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:21 pm
myst_dragon

Oh that is easy! Just go to the menu bar select Image menu under that will be Image Size and a window will pop-up. In there you will get to change the pixel dimensions of the image at the top of the window*.

You can also crop the image using the crop tool if you have enough spaces on the edges to crop. The crop tool is the 3rd tool down from the top, on left side of the tool bar. wink

arrow *Note Make sure the Resample Image, and Restrict Proportions are selected/check marked before you do any changes in size.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:26 pm
Hey I might enter this contest biggrin Thats if I get all my other projects, and priorities done in time. sweatdrop  

xNathan_Fordx

myst_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:55 pm
chaoschild
myst_dragon

Oh that is easy! Just go to the menu bar select Image menu under that will be Image Size and a window will pop-up. In there you will get to change the pixel dimensions of the image at the top of the window*.

You can also crop the image using the crop tool if you have enough spaces on the edges to crop. The crop tool is the 3rd tool down from the top, on left side of the tool bar. wink

arrow *Note Make sure the Resample Image, and Restrict Proportions are selected/check marked before you do any changes in size.

Thank You very much! Now it's better.

That might be all the entries that I will have. I don't know I might have more on Friday.

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff