Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)
Terry's Opps Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miti_mouse
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:27 am
Everyone makes mistakes, we all know that. Just look at Richard's no-meat policy and how it backfired! lol Anyways, if you have ever noticed any flaws in any books (plot flaws, general typos, etc.) put them here! I noticed one when I was re-reading Faith of the Fallen. When Nicci was talking, instead of "someone" she says "some1"! I'll see if I can find it again so I can tell you the chater and general area.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:25 am
I'm really good a spotting things like that. I don't think there has been one book where I have not found an "Oops" if you will. As I was reading Chainfire, I was reading dialogue and the end " was at the end of the paragraph after that of which the dialogue was supposed to end, and so on. There are many of quote mistakes.  

sabre_sword
Captain

ZerimarObon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:25 pm
Caution! May Contain Spoilers *looks at Chubby*

There's always the pillars of creation oops. The whole non magical descendants of Rahl can't see magic, Oba and Jenson are examples of this, but they both saw magic. Oba saw La' Thea throw lightning at him I believe, braced for it and felt nothing. Jenn saw Zedd's wizard fire and actually jumped in front of it. Then in later books they aren't supposed to be able to even see it. Doesn't really fit too well.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:02 am
ZerimarObon

There's always the pillars of creation oops. The whole non magical descendants of Rahl can't see magic, Oba and Jenson are examples of this, but they both saw magic. Oba saw La' Thea throw lightning at him I believe, braced for it and felt nothing. Jenn saw Zedd's wizard fire and actually jumped in front of it. Then in later books they aren't supposed to be able to even see it. Doesn't really fit too well.

actually that isnt an oops i dont think. remember they cannot see magic but they can see anything real brought here by magic. Now the two points you listed would seem wierd if you thought of them as both pure magic but they arent. Additive magic takes what is already there and adds onto it. The fire is real in all ways but since it was magically conjured it cant affect them. he pulled heat from all around and formed it into that fire so she would be able to see the flames yet they wouldnt be able to harm her. she doesnt even really see what "wizards fire" is to normal ppl...she sees the heat pulled together to a flame more so than wizards fire i think. and the lightning is explained the same way basically...its kinda funny...i nvr actually thought about that myself until jst now but i think i explained it pretty well....punch holes in it if you wish though.  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:03 am
ZerimarObon

okay this is how i see it.
They didnt actually see the magic but what the magic brought into this world. Additive magic takes what is already there and adds onto it. so when zedd made wizards fire she saw the flames, the heat that existed but was pulled together, and not really "wizards fire". she only saw the raw physical manifestation of wizards fire. the same with the lightning bolt. jst like a pillar can see things moved with magic like chunks of earth thrown up by a blast of magic they can see the other physical aspects of magic, but as long as those objects were created, added together, or enhance by magic any of the magical properties even heat will not affect them....its kinda funny...i nvr actually thought about what you said till jst now but i think i explained it pretty well...punch holes in it if you like though. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:25 am
He goes out of character a lot in Faith of the Fallen. Not to mention the time in Temple of the Winds when Richard over-reacts to Kahlan's betrayal. Though that was needed for the plot line, I think Goodkind got a little lazy because Richard loved Kahlan too much to be angered over that. Hurt, yes, feel betrayed, yes, but act the way he did? No.  

Phanaridie

miti_mouse
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:35 pm
One of the major things I found in plot was the ending to Naken Empire and how he cured the poison, it felt a little rushed and out of place.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:18 pm
miti_mouse
One of the major things I found in plot was the ending to Naken Empire and how he cured the poison, it felt a little rushed and out of place.

it was jst a little bit...but i liked that book overall...it was decent...but i wouldnt have handled that situation like he did...i would have slaughtered them...  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:26 am
Platinum_Behemoth252
miti_mouse

it was jst a little bit...but i liked that book overall...it was decent...but i wouldnt have handled that situation like he did...i would have slaughtered them...

I liked the way he handled it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:47 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
ZerimarObon

They didnt actually see the magic but what the magic brought into this world. Additive magic takes what is already there and adds onto it. so when zedd made wizards fire she saw the flames, the heat that existed but was pulled together, and not really "wizards fire". she only saw the raw physical manifestation of wizards fire. the same with the lightning bolt. jst like a pillar can see things moved with magic like chunks of earth thrown up by a blast of magic they can see the other physical aspects of magic, but as long as those objects were created, added together, or enhance by magic any of the magical properties even heat will not affect them....its kinda funny...i nvr actually thought about what you said till jst now but i think i explained it pretty well...punch holes in it if you like though. ^_^

I'm not quite so sure of this. If this was the case it would have taken nothing at all for Richard to convince the people in Naked Empire magic exists. He was contemplating how he could possibly show them when they can't see magic, and he himself would likely have been unable to use the magic in the first place. He put rather large emphasis on how subtractive magic was required for them to see, and only then because everybody is connected to that through the underworld/death. Though it is possible that Richard could have just assumed too much by saying they couldn't see any magic. If that's the case though, I think he acted rather stupid for being Richard.  

ZerimarObon

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:24 am
ZerimarObon
Platinum_Behemoth252
ZerimarObon

I'm not quite so sure of this. If this was the case it would have taken nothing at all for Richard to convince the people in Naked Empire magic exists. He was contemplating how he could possibly show them when they can't see magic, and he himself would likely have been unable to use the magic in the first place. He put rather large emphasis on how subtractive magic was required for them to see, and only then because everybody is connected to that through the underworld/death. Though it is possible that Richard could have just assumed too much by saying they couldn't see any magic. If that's the case though, I think he acted rather stupid for being Richard.

its possible that my theory is completely wrong...but then again...
Hasnt richard been a bit DEE DEE DEE in the past before?
he has goofed on very simple things...
he isnt infalable*sp* he is human...
and humans can make mistakes...
hell Zedd has made mistakes...and overlooked things...
not saying thats what happened jst saying that its a small possibility.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:23 pm
Sword of Truth Guild Smack down has been interrupted for: "HOW DARE YOU SAY I'M WRONG!" time with your host for the evening, Platinum.  

Phanaridie

[ Consumer Whore ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:17 pm
I found a few common typos throughout the books, such as a word missing S at the end, or missing IT in a sentance that needs it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:30 pm
[ Consumer Whore ]
I found a few common typos throughout the books, such as a word missing S at the end, or missing IT in a sentance that needs it.

He has a fettish with losing the word "what" or even with misusing it.  

Phanaridie

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:45 am
Phanari
Sword of Truth Guild Smack down has been interrupted for: "HOW DARE YOU SAY I'M WRONG!" time with your host for the evening, Platinum.

DATS RIGHT!
YOU EVER SAY IM WRONG AND ILL SMACK THE *insert skin color here* OFF YER b***h a**!!!!

XD  
The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces