Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheist Holidays!! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheist holidays?
  You're a facking nut and need to go fight a tiger. Naked. Without a weapon.
  YAY! I can finally say I get the day off cause of my "religion"!
  Um... Okay?
  Once more... STFU and give me the gold.
View Results

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:44 pm
Okay! So, I've been bored on this day of Easter. The day Jesus came back from the dead and blah blah blah (really, no one cares, they all just want their candy and eggs). And so I have decided that we, as a group, need our own holidays.

I mean, c'mon! Just think... We could have days off and eat lots of crazy foods and dress up like insane people! I mean, we'll still of course rip off the other holidays, like Halloween and Fourth of July (for us United States-peoples) and Thanksgiving (another US-ian thing... sorry! I don't know anyone elses celebrations v.v) and Christmas, etc. And then we can make our own! Like... er... well... Well, thats what this thread is for! MWA HAHAHAHA! So that you guys can brainstorm random days of the year and we can all celebrate it. Just for shits.

And if you run out of ideas, well hell! Just bastardize someone elses holidays! Like a pagan holiday. Those are pretty popular.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:43 pm
xd xd xd YES! You get a Kudos and a half for being the first one to join me in the insanity that is holiday making. Woo hoo! Thats a good idea. whee But we can't be sexist in anyway shape or form. So...  

PickleBoy

Waffle Dem0n

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:15 pm
I vote murder-day. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:50 pm
How 'bout a "Day of the Doubting Thomas" or "Heretic's Holiday" (which, this year, would of course fall on June 6th, so it can be 6/6/6) or we could just celebrate the Festivus for the Rest of Us!  

iviary

Phoebos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:21 pm
Waffle Dem0n

That'd just confirm what ignorant people think of us.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:34 pm
If you run out of ideas, you can always look here for more.

ANZAC day is coming up (25th of April), although I don't celebrate it. (It doesn't make much difference to me either, because it's term break anyway.)

iviary
How 'bout a "Day of the Doubting Thomas" or "Heretic's Holiday" (which, this year, would of course fall on June 6th, so it can be 6/6/6) or we could just celebrate the Festivus for the Rest of Us!

xd Good idea!  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Waffle Dem0n

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:51 pm
Phoebos
Waffle Dem0n

That'd just confirm what ignorant people think of us.
Not if they were dead... *hint hint*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:35 am
Hee hee hee. You guys are all so smart! heart I rather like ivary's ideas. "Heretic's Holiday". xd Thats awesome.  

PickleBoy

HaileSelassie601993

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:28 pm
I think a Pagan-like festival with loads of drinking and stuffing oneself and a nice big bonfire on the summer solstice would be fun. Of course, it's already celebrated in some countries, and it's called Midsummer, and it might not be the same day, but it would be delightful.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:05 pm
We'll just have to bastardize it fit our own agenda, thats all. Sounds like a good plan to me. I like eating till I burst and drinking and basically making an a** of myself. Okay, maybe not really, but still.  

PickleBoy

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:41 pm
I second a solstice-like festival thingy. Perhaps in honor of Jesus?

Cause when you look at it, Jeebis had the right idea. Peace an' brotherhood an' love an' all that good stuff like that there. It's his fanclub that's loathful. :3nod  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:11 pm
Festivus for the rest of us! xD

I wouldn't want any official atheist only "holidays." More like things that any one can do because they aren't religious. A lot of modern religious holidays are just piggy backing on older traditions anyways. You can still celebrate the main religious ones as secular holidays too, so if you make your own holidays... you're really just increasing your number of holidays not replacing :0 Which is even better.

Does there have to be a reason? There should be at least one 'Do whatever the ******** you want and you don't have to do whatever the ******** you don't want to do' day. That's all people really want holidays to be anyways.
Maybe we can call it an All-purpose Festival. xD

Ferris Bueller day :0

@Waffle Dem0n- Have you seen the movie 'Saw'? Those kind of things would probably be a very good way to celebrate murder-day 3nodding You can gather together with a close group of friends and family to pull off a very elaborate group murder game thing :0

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:33 pm
c a u s t i c
Ferris Bueller day :0

I'm in! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:00 pm
I like the idea of being in a murder game roleplay trhing, only real. The winner is the one that's alive. A pretty cruel game, but people consent to it.  

Waffle Dem0n

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces