Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits
Ghost hunting: gadgets

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:50 am
This is a thread for any gadgets that you know that are for ghost hunting.

Here's my first one. biggrin
The ghost finding keyring  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:47 pm
I tried to answer this days ago, but I got cut short. >.<

Anyway, there are so many different things you can use, it's crazy. I'll go into the basics.

First, you'll want to equip yourself with cameras. Now, what kind of camera has been a minor debate between different groups. Some groups use 35mm film cameras. Have you heard of the theory that cameras imprint some of your soul onto them? Some people believe that. Another reason is that ghosts have been known to funk with magnetic things. Well, camera film is magnetic, and the anomalie(spelling?) may have a better chance of showing up. Not only that, but Now, some groups use exclusively digital, because it's more convenient (again, spelling?), while the majority use both digital and film.

Another good thing to have on the hunt is a digital audio recorder. These devices are used to catch EVPs. (I'm sure I don't need to go into what that is. smile ) Analog taps have a certain sound quality. Hissing and the like. Spirits are thought to be heard normally below the normal range of human hearing, at 50dB or less.

A digital infrared camera is also something more dedicated hunters look into. It captures images invisible to the human eye.

The digital video camera is often used by individual members as they walk around, always with someone else, to document what may be experienced away from stationary cameras. They also offer better quality than videotape camcorders.

One of the more expensive pieces of the ghost hunter's ensemble is the digital themometer. If you've ever heard of cold and warm spots, this would be a great gadget to have. Some thermometers record temperatures second-by-second.

Another pricey gadget would be an EMF recorder, or an Electromagnetic Field Recorder. This also in a controversial item. All electronic devices emit and EM field. And it's undetermined that ghosts actually emit EM energy. But many spikes in the EM field can be associated with happening paranormal phenomena, and cold and warm spots.

I'm putting this one in for the soul purpose of a certain episode of Ghost Hunters, where Brian Harnois is wearing a pair, and he's found by Jason and Grant. Jason tries to tell him something serious and turns away laughing, saying "I can't say anything serious to him when he's got those things on". Haha. Seriously though. They magnify available light by 10,000 to 15,000 times. They cannot be used in total darkness though, without and infrared attachment.

Those are just a few items that will aid greatly in the hunt. Hope this helps!  

A.Beautiful.Katastrophe.

Erebean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:31 pm
In my experience, ghost-hunting gadgets and the like don't actually track ghosts. When the gadgets react it is because the ghost is using it to interact with you. So just because a gadget isn't picking up anything at the moment doesn't mean that nothing is there. It simply means that nothing is trying to communicate through it at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:14 pm
Erebean
In my experience, ghost-hunting gadgets and the like don't actually track ghosts. When the gadgets react it is because the ghost is using it to interact with you. So just because a gadget isn't picking up anything at the moment doesn't mean that nothing is there. It simply means that nothing is trying to communicate through it at the moment.

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"This thermometer isn't picking up heat...the heat must not want to communicate."

How would a psychic impression be tracked with equipment? They're non intelligent, yet they can be detected with equipment. Why can we pick up orbs on camera? They're latent energy and lack cognitive capacity, yet we still see them.  

Eric Wolfborn

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:36 am
Eric Wolfborn
Erebean

"This thermometer isn't picking up heat...the heat must not want to communicate."

How would a psychic impression be tracked with equipment? They're non intelligent, yet they can be detected with equipment. Why can we pick up orbs on camera? They're latent energy and lack cognitive capacity, yet we still see them.

I think a big idea behind this is that spirits are concious and intelligent, so they could be contacted.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:00 pm
Lord Jagged
Eric Wolfborn
Erebean

I think a big idea behind this is that spirits are concious and intelligent, so they could be contacted.

If that's what it hinged on, psychic impressions and projections wouldn't be able to be detected on any equipment. Replay hauntings aren't intelligent, but they can be filmed, recorded, and analyzed with infared, EMF, and almost any other tool you have at hand.  

Eric Wolfborn

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:19 am
Eric Wolfborn
Lord Jagged
Eric Wolfborn
Erebean

If that's what it hinged on, psychic impressions and projections wouldn't be able to be detected on any equipment. Replay hauntings aren't intelligent, but they can be filmed, recorded, and analyzed with infared, EMF, and almost any other tool you have at hand.

I think people argue that "thought waves" can be measured, but not on equipment, so we have to put up with "psychics" instead...  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:28 am
well, now... what kind of Gadgets you use dpends mainly on what kind of 'hunting' you're doing, wouldn't it?  

twilight crucifix

Dapper Conventioneer

7,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200

mikiseiya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:44 am
twilight crucifix
well, now... what kind of Gadgets you use dpends mainly on what kind of 'hunting' you're doing, wouldn't it?

I agree

depend on country there is also different way razz  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:13 pm
as ghost hunting items go i'll tell you something that may make you think that i am crazy but if you take rock salt and use it to line your self and windows and stuff it will repel ghosts and anything of evil nature for say...also keep rock salt...and yes it can work if the place is really haunted and you can physically see the spirit say through a camera or through your eyes...in a buckshot and in a shotgun or sawedoff shot gun and you can shoot the spirits forsay and it will repel the spirit....amd iron is also another very valuable tool for repeling spirits or ghosts as well...im not crazy just old fashioned!
Ike  

jaxnteller

Mega Fatcat

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers