Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Anime or Manga? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
  Manga.
  Anime.
  Both.
  Not sure.
View Results

Gunpowder Valentine

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:38 pm
It's pretty apparant that the manga and anime of Yuugiou differs greatly in certain aspects. Which do you think you like more and why? It's okay if you can't choose. whee

I prefer the manga, I think. I like reading more than staring mindlessly at a TV. XD

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:35 am
Eeerrrmm.. that's a tough one. I guess I'll say the Manga, since I totally love the drawing style. And the storyline just seems.. better. I don't know.
The anime is good too.

L a w l i-P0P

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:12 am
I prefer the manga, because I think the storytelling is better. The characterisation appears more apparant and it all appears more dramatic. However, the Japanese anime is good also. I like the music (and colours xD) but the manga wins for me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:47 am
I usually go for books over TV but this is one of those times where I like the anime better. (not the dub though...) That's because:
1. They have the two movies, the two virtual world arcs, the Doma saga, and the Grand Prix.
2. Peggy Chan doesn't die.
3. Mokuba is more innocent and cute.
4. Kaiba joins them in the Egypt Arc.
5. There's more Puppyshippping referances.
6. Shizuka Chan gets more screen time.
7. It has Noa, Rebecca, and a lot of other characters in it that the manga doesn't.
8. Music is beautiful.
9. We get to hear their voices.
10. C'mon! It's Jounouchi in color ALL THE TIME!!! 4laugh  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

L a w l i-P0P

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:49 am
The original anime DOES have really good music. And I love all of the character's voices -- they really suite all of the characters, especially Jou's voice. I love his voice.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:50 am
Hypnotique
The original anime DOES have really good music. And I love all of the character's voices -- they really suite all of the characters, especially Jou's voice. I love his voice.

Same here. heart  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Vincent88

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:51 am
Ok, well, the anime is not liek the manga for sure....I like the anime way better. Its like the Yu-Gi-Oh! tcg in real life but the mnga is just crazy with different names and something about dice or something............PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:17 pm
I'm not sure I could pick... I mean, I agree that the manga has a really good art style and you can lose some of the details when it's coloured for an anime. But I also like the fact the anime seems more...developed I guess I could say. In the end, I can't choose a "better" thing.  

jagged1

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Saori Kiorimi

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:34 pm
Hmmm.... Well, since the anime doesn't run anymore, and I caught precious little of it when it did (I was a closet fan... >.<) and I don't think I want to spend thrice again on anime what I can spend on manga...

I have to say the manga. ^.^ But I like it, especially the first couple of volumes where the art is still getting itself sorted out. It's not as pretty, but it is more... interesting, in some ways. Especially Yami. I love it that he's just downright creepy there.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:49 pm
I'm more of a fan of the manga than anything else  

yuki_aoi

sora_uchiha

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:25 pm
manga..........well it gives more detail xp  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:31 pm
Hypnotique

Ditto...for teh voice thing....I'm in love w/ the person who does Yugi adn Yami's voice heart (dan Green...lol)
Joey's voice is soo kool! I love it!
And bakura's accent!! xd

~Yun-Ju~

AJ-chan

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:45 pm
hmmm.....It's hard but I think I'll go with the Manga. I love the drawing style in the Yu-Gi-Oh manga, and although I loved the series (Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters and Yu-Gi-Oh) I didn't really like the cut versions. I watched the original japanese episodes and the english dubs just wern't up to par. The characters also seemed more defined in the Manga, but even more of the story was lost to many westerners as Duel Monsters (Yu-Gi-Oh first season (very very first, before pegusus)) was not taken to America or England). I do however love seeing Bakura-sama and Kaiba-sama in colour ^_^! Jonouchi-kun is kawaii in colour and motion too. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:13 pm
yugis_girl28
Hypnotique

Ditto...for teh voice thing....I'm in love w/ the person who does Yugi adn Yami's voice heart (dan Green...lol)
Joey's voice is soo kool! I love it!
And bakura's accent!! xd

My favrite scene with Bakura's accent is the one in Duelist Kingdom when the boulder is chasing them and he's like: "Do hurry! Do hurry!" and then: "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" xd rofl  

L a w l i-P0P

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:16 am
I'll say both but i like the anime more, mostly because Seto is just downright creepy and horrid to Mokuba in the manga somewhere around the 4th or 5th book, when i read it i weas like "Whoa! Seto being mean to his brother?" it tottaly blew my perception of Seto, but i loved Jou in the manga he was sooo bad a** XD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff