Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Pre-Purple Stuff
:: ~ Guide to being the better quester ~ ::UPDATE 4-22-05:: Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chi_Chii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:12 am
Updates are always in red:Aviod making thousands of threads:

Announcement

As of 4-1-05 I will been seen little of around the guild. Personally, I'm sick of the s**t flung at me thru hatemail and that have follwed me from that mail and onto my exchange threads. I'll be here, but I doubt I'll be posting

Welcome to my thread.....well Sticky now. ^^

While I do have my own quest I would like to do my best to help others on theres in anyway I can. now I'm not the richest gaian and my quest is quite long so I may not always be able to help gold wise but I have spent alot of my gaian life in the Chairity forum (you may have seen me I owned the CCCharity) so I do know the ropes to getting donations and helping yourself on your way to questing.

What you'll find:

Quest tips/Ways to help your quest (Important do's and don'ts od questing)
Shop (Common items people quest for)
Art (get great art without destroying your quest)
Quest links (Did your quest make it on the list?)
My Quest (Yep I have a dream to)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:12 am
Tips for the common quester:

I spent ALOT of time in the charity forum helping people out but thats so big and I'm only one person, So be happy your here and learn well off these tips. They will help you in the long run to acheiveing your dream avy.

Your thread

**4-22-05 Aviod making multiple threads!**
Please as common courtesy Don't make multiple threads, the reasoning of "no one was looking" Isnt fair. Making multiple threads makes junk threads and just makes a mound of unused threads to take up space. Also it annoys people to see you making a new thread over and over and over if you are indecisive of what you want to quest for then just edit your threads DO NOT MAKE NEW ONES.

**4-3-05 Common Quest thread mistake**
Ok people lets get this out there. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR POOR PATHETIC "OH WOE IS ME" STORY OF HOW YOU'LL DIE TO COMPLETE YOUR QUEST! So don't bother writeing it! In your quest you want your contents on your first post and your next post to be info about the item(s) you want. Do NOT add a story on how you joined and begged for them and cried and where crushed no one could give you it. It really just makes people look the other way, your not getting sympathy points from it.

1.ALWAYS be polite. I don't care how much you hate a person if you are rude others will see that and theres a little thing called Karma that'll bite you in the a**. Also on gaia everything is a connection web if you piss off one person you in turn piss off there friends and there friends and you never know some of those people may have wanted to donate to you before you pissed them off.

2.Be clear and organized When setting up a thread, make sure its neat, organized, and easy to read if your thread looks like something that was just thrown together people don't think of you as very determined and don't have much intrest in helping you. Remember also to be clear and to the point, I hate to say it but no one cares about your life story, tell them quickly mabe why you want it but leave it at just that.

3.Don't look greedyEven if your organized watch out on how many items you have advertized that you want. People love the organized threads but if you quest for too much all at once people may start to think you'r greedy and look the other way. If you are questing for a sash, nm scarf, and OMG hat, start with the Nm scarf and don't even mention the other 2 until you are finished with the first item. Do them one at a time. Its not a race afterall.

4.Try hard to help yourself, No matter how helpless it seems don't give up, if you give up people see it as your not trying to help yourself, you can't rely on donations and hope it'll get you there. You must must must help yourself before anyone decides to help you. If you do decide to quit it is courtious to return what was donated.

5.Don't be obnoxious Writeing big so minic yelling or writing in hot pink or yellow may be fun for you but not the people reading. Its not a good idea if the people wanting to donate has to feel they are being yelled at or squint cause your writing too small. No one wants to have to highlight to read either avoid light colors if you want to write in colors make sure its dark enough for all people to see.

6.Get Creative and attract attention Something like "my isane quest" to people means you want a halo and are never gona get it so why bother donating to you. You need something thats not gona take them forever to read a short catchy title will do the trick in attracting the right attention to your thread. For a more detailed description on how to do this, check out KK's guide to the prefect quest thread.

7.NO NETSPEAK I don't care how cool you think it is people are annoyed by net speak it will get you no where. You need to learn to type properly, netspeak is a pain to read and so people will litterally just quit reading.

Helping yourself

***4-16-05 List your quest ***
Its always a good idea to look for anyways to get your guild out there and avdertized. While listing in a huge "questing guide" isnt always helpfull, its never hurtfull. And many thanks you Staci the Air Goddess the guild now has one of its own.
Quest listing guide
So submit your form and get listed, and don't stop there, tradeing links with other questers or charitys to have your quest listed there is always a good idea, you never know who may click the link and decide to help out. WARNING Whatever you to, DO NOT advertize it. Always ask before posting a link.

**4-6-05** Kosake has approved,
I am allowed to link you to poll guilds.
All the listed guilds are Free to join (I am a member of all of them) just request to jion and say your on a quest and they will allow you to join.
Remember polls give you 10-13g per poll depending on your post count and you must make a post between poll votes.
Magical Poll land
-poll world-
Poll jumpers
lost of polls to earn you lots of gold
the money pit

1.Don't beg. I cannot stress this enough no matter how desperate you are don't beg, no one wants to help a beggar because its annoying and shows you have little or no self respect.

2.Polls Polls are a questers best friend, run thru the forums just looking for those polls. You don't have to care the question or what your answering just hit every poll you see indicated by the [Poll] by the thread title.

3.Exchange vs. Vend That market place has opened up new whole new prices. Don't play favorites on either the vend or the exchange use them both because an item worth 2k on the exchange may be worth 4k in the vend. Remember to check both places before selling an item worth 2k on the exchange may be worth 4k in the vend. Remember to check both places before selling an item.

4.Post Post, chat, rp, deal, it doesnt matter what it is just post, get your post count up show your active member of gaia. xXx_Shaggy_2_Dope_xXx is an excellent example of this noticeing hes posted bump in every dang thread in the, but thats ok in fact its more then ok its a great way to get your post count up and be active.  

Chi_Chii

Chi_Chii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:14 am
Shop, items of Common quests

For this shop only Feel free to PM me any time if you are questing for something listed just send me your offer. I'll see if I have it on hand if not I can help you find one sweatdrop

I like to dress casual if I'm wearing something expensive, I'm probly advertizeing to sell it (My chain wallet was a gift and is not for sale) Feel free to PM me about what I'm wearing

listed Items I usually have on me or can get ahold of: (bolded are what I work more with and am more likely to have on hand)

Dec 03
Nm scarf
Ang scarf

Jan 04
Chain Wallet
Emo bag

march 04
penguin slippers
Seal slippers

June 04
angelic pendant
Horns of demon

July 04
ninja headband

Kitsune mask

aug 04
winged Anklets

Goldent Laurels

Feb 05
Solar Cloak
Lunar Cloak

Things I don't keep on hand but can help you get:

Feb 04
april 04
may 04
sept 04
oct 04
dec 04
jan 05
march 05
All events except Annual Ball 03, easter 03
All rares except nm/ang headbands
All store items except fairy wings  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:17 am
Art, everyones temptation

Now art seems to be something everyone wants in there sig now a days but for questers its I know its hard because it always costs so much. Heres some places you can go for free or cheap art

The gallery (free)
Quiet well behaved Spiders (Cheap chibis and sketches)

If you know of a place please let me know so I can add it to the list

I Do art if acepted I will soon be in the gallery if not I'll let you know where to find me when I settle somewhere. I will do candybar dolls free tho. I can't promise they'll look exacally like your avy but I'll do my best to get close. PM me for one.

samples:

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image  

Chi_Chii

Chi_Chii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:18 am
Quest links, did you make the list

This section is for questers that are really trying hard and I think they deserve to be advertized on a sticky.
In case anyone questions any quest linked the resoning for there being posted here Will be under the link.

Kosake wishlist quest

Cause hes the captian and without him having created this guild none of us would be here.

Krazykoop withlist quest
For his well done thread and determination on getting everything on his wishlist.

chibitotoro Quest for an AFK hat

Cause I've seen her working hard trying to finish outside the guild to and shes almost there so lets help her out yea?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:18 am
My quest, my one gaian dream

Well cence I started gaia (over a year ago) I've had a dream to own minis, and I recently got the chance to start a quest for them so Here I go.

I will update this often as I remember but for the always currents its all in my journal, ^^;; just easyer to update that cause it follows me around. Click here to check out my total stats.

User Image
Nitemare Mini wings
3,000,000 + and rising

I love my donators, I wouldnt be near as far as I am without you love you all.
Donations

Donated for art

Kylo-10760g
Aella + Ransu- Jacked up Gloves, Kandy Korn Hat, Angelic Pendant.
Sarah Oneely-500g
Zephnon-Jack grab bag 2k4 #1, 300g
memphiz-goldbracelet
XxLuckyxX-4567g
Wintair-50g
IgnorantWarrior-2000g

MMsk8-1400g
Clewgurl88-100g
Rewayna-500g

XxNaitoKukixX-2000g
AznMelanie-188g
gotanks51-1000g
T A P-T A P-1000g
Zhubeler-1000g

RABiD ONiZuKA-5000g
superchick18-1000g
Mayu Asuka-5000g
Zephnon-4600g

amysticangel-500
RagWeedFairy-1000g
Sassy-Afk, Nm scarf, Chain wallet crying I still wish you would have taken the items and not just the pure I offered heart heart
Zephnon-12000g heart
Sarah Oneely-3000g
Sassy-Jan 04

I update my progress every 50-100k

March-22-05:
100k Reached!

March-25-05:
200k Reached!

April-4-05
1000k Reached!

April-17-05
1300k Reached!

April-20-05
1500k Reached!

April-30-05
1700k Reached!

Wana totally help me out? Please link me. (more banners to chose from in my journal)

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/index.php?mode=view&p=815527]
[img]http://tinyurl.com/5qr5c[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/index.php?mode=view&p=815527]
[img]http://tinyurl.com/6y3t4[/img][/url]

Chi_Chii

YourAverageAlien

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:09 pm
>.< you're following me, I swear... biggrin nah.. I just recognize you from being a friend of farfie.. and now I see you everywhere. sweatdrop ::i'm stalking you...::  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:25 pm
Excelent work Chi... ia m happy to see this.. i am going to stickie this now, and i hope that people look at it. ^_^  

Kosake

Chi_Chii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:54 pm
YourAverageAlien
>.< you're following me, I swear... biggrin nah.. I just recognize you from being a friend of farfie.. and now I see you everywhere. sweatdrop ::i'm stalking you...::
eek  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:55 pm
kosake_masuja_murasame666
Excelent work Chi... ia m happy to see this.. i am going to stickie this now, and i hope that people look at it. ^_^
Lol I'm not even done working on it sweatdrop  

Chi_Chii

Chi_Chii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:36 pm
ok, I think 5 tips is fine for now untill I look around a bit and see how people are setting up here  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:46 pm
Good that someone made a thread like this.  

Cataclysmic Miracle

Chi_Chii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:51 pm
Chaz-er-Man
Good that someone made a thread like this.
yea just gota hope people will actually read it  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:25 pm
sweatdrop I added 5 more just looking around the forum  

Chi_Chii

Kylo Xsogi

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,975 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:20 pm
see