Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which controls are better to you????? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhusionStar

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:56 pm
I've been wondering what the Resident Evil fans here like better, The Original Rotation controls, or the RE4 controls? So, which do you prefer better and hope to see in future titles???  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:53 am
It is so hard to even compare the two since they are completely different. I can't really say that I like either one more than the other. Since the earlier games focused more on suspense and lack of complete control, it is my belief that the earlier games just wouldn't be the same without the controls that it has. Sure they can be annoying at times but they add to the overall feel of the games.
As for Resident Evil 4 controls I often times find myself having a hard thinking of Resident Evil 4 as a Resident Evil game. They are just so different. The controls are very nice and fluid and there are very few flaws.
I wouldn't mind seeing both controls in the future depending on what the game was trying to achieve.  

vaughnster818

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:40 am
Once I got used to the original RE controls, I never found them annoying again.
The thing that I did like about RE4 is the fact that you do get to aim and hit certain points on the body that hurt more than others. That was a step up in the depth of the controls, and going back now would ruin the series, it was like a point of no return. But I did love the original.
I still have the ideal of having the original RE controls, and then as soon as you push R, or R1, or whatever the aim button is, the camera would zoom right behind you and be like in RE4. That would be a brilliant system, because you do get the suspense and the changing angles, but at the same time you still get the aiming feature.

If you play Dead Aim, I think it was a great game that showed the perfect example of the fact that you CAN aim and at the same time still having difficulties with the zombies. Although that was a whole nother type of controls and if you have a Guncon or a USB mouse, you would have loved it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:19 am
id say the camera angles of 4 you could aim at body parts which was fun to go past shoot out there legs and go
"how are ya legs feeling...assholes"  

Ivory Lie

Ailona Christi

8,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:31 am
For me it's RE4 Controls. You can aim better at the people than you did with the previous last RE games. Though I still like you have to try your best to kill the zombies and creatures on the previous games.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:39 pm
Call me old-fashion, but I still enjoy the orginal controls. I found it fustrating at times when it was impossible to dodge around 3 zombies in a hallway or ally, but I think it made me better at the games. I enjoyed the new style in Resident Evil 4 but way to easy for my taste.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Tryboth

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:28 pm
I feel so bad.
I haven't been in this guild for ages. ;;

Well, that has nothing to do with this, but ah well. XD

*cough*
I really liked the original controls for Resident Evil. Being able to just aim at whatever it was and shoot helped. A lot. Considering I'm controller-retarded and freak out too much to take the time and actually shoot without throwing the whole thing at the tv from so much excitement and..uh..fright? XD;;

The new controls aren't so bad, but sometimes confuse me greatly. o:
Too used to the older ones, I guess. XD But they're really not that hard...just...you know..the whole aiming at the body part and stuff..XD

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:45 am
I liked the old one better. I never tought they sucks, like some others do. I'm pretty good at using them. Of course, it's fun to aim like in RE4 but it maks the game too easy.  

Resident Isaka
Crew

PhusionStar

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:19 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Once I got used to the original RE controls, I never found them annoying again.
The thing that I did like about RE4 is the fact that you do get to aim and hit certain points on the body that hurt more than others. That was a step up in the depth of the controls, and going back now would ruin the series, it was like a point of no return. But I did love the original.
I still have the ideal of having the original RE controls, and then as soon as you push R, or R1, or whatever the aim button is, the camera would zoom right behind you and be like in RE4. That would be a brilliant system, because you do get the suspense and the changing angles, but at the same time you still get the aiming feature.

If you play Dead Aim, I think it was a great game that showed the perfect example of the fact that you CAN aim and at the same time still having difficulties with the zombies. Although that was a whole nother type of controls and if you have a Guncon or a USB mouse, you would have loved it.
Being able to aim in a certain spot like the eyes or the knee made Resident Evil 4 interesting, but when someone first plays Resident Evil, they say it's hard becasue of the controls. Of course everyone in here should already have them down like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:17 pm
I like the original controls, not just because I'm used to them (though there is that) but because in 4 the over the shoulder aproach makes it impossible to have a fixed camara which I found to be one of the things that makes it so creepy, not being able to have clear veiw of around the corner although in 4 there is more options of how to kill things and check out your surroundings, so yeah, I like them both but in different ways!

Dead Baby Kickball rawr

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:40 pm
Hakumie
I like the original controls, not just because I'm used to them (though there is that) but because in 4 the over the shoulder aproach makes it impossible to have a fixed camara which I found to be one of the things that makes it so creepy, not being able to have clear veiw of around the corner although in 4 there is more options of how to kill things and check out your surroundings, so yeah, I like them both but in different ways!

Thank you.
The still cameras gave RE that level of creepiness. It's what made it Horror genre. Whereas, RE4, I don't consider survival horror, I consider it Action with an RPG Element, which I hate. Not RPGs, just the fact that they'd mix it into what they wanted to be Survival Horror.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:07 pm
Re4 controls for me are better. Wish i had that kind of control in the mansion.  

Gen_Acid

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:52 am
I think the original RE controls are better simply because... it adds to the scariness. Like when you're running from the boulder, you're thinking "Dammit turn! Turn! Run! Run!" It makes you feel lacking total control, which adds to the scare factor greatly. Although I like Bio's idea about the RE cameras and control and the RE4 aiming system combining. That'd be awesome... *drool*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:25 pm
well i had no problem with the old....and i have no prob with the re4 controls either...so i don't know i have to be neutral here and just go with likeing them both and not picking one over the other  

whore27

Lord Travis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:25 pm
I thought the controls were exactly the same, the only reason why it felt different was because of the camera angle was behind and over the shoulder the whole time in 4.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff