Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Skeptics Annotated Bible

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lesilrok

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:35 pm
Due to the previous topic "The bible is Dirty" I have somewhat of an assumption that you people merely scratched the surface and if you look into this special website I helped organized you may see a lot of things you may not know about the bible. Check out the right side of the screen for there are many things to point out. Please Share with us on what you think of this site.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

It can also be useful in a debate about some certain topics.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:41 pm
This is my favourite site for when I'm arguing with christians because everything is categorized all nice and convenient.

Christian says something stupid, I refute it by quoting directly from the bible. 3nodding

I recall talking to someone who was all like "Yeah I'm christian and it's great and I believe in this and this and this and this"

Me: "What's your opinion on homosexuality?"

Christian: "(positive opinion)"

Me: "But your bible says this, this, this, this, and this against homosexuality. In fact, you're supposed to stone them to death the moment they're revealed as homosexual."

Christian: "Uhhhhh that's old testament"

Me: "Right."  

Bowmore

Mythee

Festive Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:54 pm
Oooh, sweets. heart whee *goes to site*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:46 pm
I love it. I do not, in any way, shape or form, believe in the bible. And I LOVE using it against Christians!!! It's great!  

Wiccan Clarinet

Bowmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:17 pm
They get so frustrated when you can counter everything they say, don't they? And the things they nitpick about! The last person I argued with pointed out "Oh, that's old testament" as if that should be significant to someone who doesn't believe in it anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:08 pm
Whoa. eek

I mean, a lot of these things I've thought of, but there's so much there. I had no idea.

This'll be useful in an upcoming debate I just accidently got myself into. Thanks. mrgreen  

Lethkhar

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff