Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Beyond Our Village! Affiliates, etc. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:21 pm
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
we make it midnight (7pm EST)

Ok, and I think Saturday (or perhaps Friday) is our best day of the week. Which do you prefer? We can try for one in October or November, other than the weekend the time changes. Also, I can't come the first two Saturdays in November (my kid has competitions I am going to attend).

as long as not in 4th and 5th october,any day is fine for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:37 pm
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

Ok, and I think Saturday (or perhaps Friday) is our best day of the week. Which do you prefer? We can try for one in October or November, other than the weekend the time changes. Also, I can't come the first two Saturdays in November (my kid has competitions I am going to attend).

Ok, how about we aim for the 17th or 18th? Do you prefer Friday or Saturday?  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:38 pm
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

Ok, how about we aim for the 17th or 18th? Do you prefer Friday or Saturday?

i have no preference. friday seems better?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:57 pm
ShibbuSama

Great! So Friday we'll have a get together at 7pm EST (6pm CST, midnight your time) and we'll hopefully get enough people to make shapes, take photos, and maybe even a costume call!

Leading up to that party, we'll have a week of fun starting the previous Saturday. A village Harvest Festival! It will have games, Avatar Above You game, maybe a raffle or two, and some prizes, of course! Sound like fun to you?  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 am
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

Great! So Friday we'll have a get together at 7pm EST (6pm CST, midnight your time) and we'll hopefully get enough people to make shapes, take photos, and maybe even a costume call!

Leading up to that party, we'll have a week of fun starting the previous Saturday. A village Harvest Festival! It will have games, Avatar Above You game, maybe a raffle or two, and some prizes, of course! Sound like fun to you?

wich friday?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 am
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

wich friday?

We'll have the party October Friday, 17th, if that works for you. And we'll start the Festival thread the previous Saturday, October 11th.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:09 am
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

wich friday?

We'll have the party October Friday, 17th, if that works for you. And we'll start the Festival thread the previous Saturday, October 11th.

Fine by me.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

wich friday?

Fine by me.

And you'll be there, at the party, so that will be fun. Ok, I was thinking one thing I enjoy at festivals is craft booths. Do you want to offer artwork (maybe do a little raffle for a quick sketch)? Nothing big, as I know art can take a tremendous amount of time and effort and you need to save that kind of thing for your shop. Of course, you could put a link to your shop in your "booth" post, too!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:15 pm
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

wich friday?

Fine by me.

And you'll be there, at the party, so that will be fun. Ok, I was thinking one thing I enjoy at festivals is craft booths. Do you want to offer artwork (maybe do a little raffle for a quick sketch)? Nothing big, as I know art can take a tremendous amount of time and effort and you need to save that kind of thing for your shop. Of course, you could put a link to your shop in your "booth" post, too!

craft booth? and raffle seems better xD cause not all avis look cute to me to draw.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:37 pm
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

wich friday?

Fine by me.

craft booth? and raffle seems better xD cause not all avis look cute to me to draw.

Sounds great! Go ahead and PM me your idea for your post if you like. When I have the thread set up, I'll PM you back the link so you can post it!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:39 pm
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

wich friday?

Fine by me.

Sounds great! Go ahead and PM me your idea for your post if you like. When I have the thread set up, I'll PM you back the link so you can post it!

....but....you didnt explained me....what exactly is a craft booth.....  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:44 pm
ShibbuSama

Ok, in real festivals, people make stuff and sell them at little craft booths around the festival grounds. They also sell food, but that's a bit harder to pull of on Gaia.

In our Festival thread, I thought you could make a "booth" post with a title like "ShibbuSama's Art Raffle" and then you'd post how to get tickets (maybe make it an avatar contest so you get to pick the one you want to make) and then how you'll pick the winner.

You'd also need a place to put the links to the entries so everyone could enjoy the show!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:14 pm
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

Ok, in real festivals, people make stuff and sell them at little craft booths around the festival grounds. They also sell food, but that's a bit harder to pull of on Gaia.

In our Festival thread, I thought you could make a "booth" post with a title like "ShibbuSama's Art Raffle" and then you'd post how to get tickets (maybe make it an avatar contest so you get to pick the one you want to make) and then how you'll pick the winner.

You'd also need a place to put the links to the entries so everyone could enjoy the show!

i never did a raffle.... x_x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:03 pm
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

I can help!

First decide what the prize will be (a sketch of the winning avatar(s)?)

Second decide how folks earn slots in the raffle. Usually it's by paying a small amount of gold, but since you want to pick the avatar by how cute it is, then perhaps tektek or avatar pics would be better ways to earn slots. I can help store them if you need/want me to.

Third write your rules for the contest. Include how many slots each person may use, what you will judge them on (you can just say "I'll pick the one I think will be most fun to draw"), and how they can enter (post in the thread will probably be easiest, especially if you need my help storing the images). Your rules should tell about how long (at most) the person will need to wait for their pic. You can make that time a year or whatever you think you need to be sure you get it done and don't disappoint the player. If they know up front how long it will take, patience is much easier to come by. Don't make it too short or stressful. This should be fun for you, too!

Fourth pick a winner and announce it at the party! Then make your sketch and deliver it when you get the chance.

As I said, feel free to PM me your first draft if you want more help with it. You can pretty-up the post if you want to add pictures, too!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:10 pm
JoyRose
ShibbuSama
JoyRose
ShibbuSama

I can help!

First decide what the prize will be (a sketch of the winning avatar(s)?)

Second decide how folks earn slots in the raffle. Usually it's by paying a small amount of gold, but since you want to pick the avatar by how cute it is, then perhaps tektek or avatar pics would be better ways to earn slots. I can help store them if you need/want me to.

Third write your rules for the contest. Include how many slots each person may use, what you will judge them on (you can just say "I'll pick the one I think will be most fun to draw"), and how they can enter (post in the thread will probably be easiest, especially if you need my help storing the images). Your rules should tell about how long (at most) the person will need to wait for their pic. You can make that time a year or whatever you think you need to be sure you get it done and don't disappoint the player. If they know up front how long it will take, patience is much easier to come by. Don't make it too short or stressful. This should be fun for you, too!

Fourth pick a winner and announce it at the party! Then make your sketch and deliver it when you get the chance.

As I said, feel free to PM me your first draft if you want more help with it. You can pretty-up the post if you want to add pictures, too!

okay...you're gonna have to give me some time to think x_x  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces