Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Beyond Our Village! Affiliates, etc. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:59 am
Sweater Panda
JoyRose
Good luck with the surgery and the recovery from it! emotion_hug

Thanks so much! I came down with pneumonia, so I wasn't even sure if my doctor would clear me for surgery. Luckily, I'm making a speedy recovery, so I hope I can pull through. emotion_hug

I'm glad the pneumonia won't get in your way for long. Take good care of yourself!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 am
Villagers, I could use a little help with this thread, please:

User Image Games and prizes to raise awareness of Gaian Charities!  

THE Santa Claus

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:41 am
THE Santa Claus

Added! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:04 pm
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb13/Andy_Bartholemew_bogard/jak-and-daxter-the-lost-frontier1-1.jpg

For those who like Jak and Daxter the video game. A friend of mine asked me to make this guild for her and she isn't even active in it. I know next to nothing about this game, so active members who know the game and can make this guild thrive would be greatly appreciated.

Type of Guild: Interest based  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:53 pm
empress dee
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb13/Andy_Bartholemew_bogard/jak-and-daxter-the-lost-frontier1-1.jpg

For those who like Jak and Daxter the video game. A friend of mine asked me to make this guild for her and she isn't even active in it. I know next to nothing about this game, so active members who know the game and can make this guild thrive would be greatly appreciated.

Type of Guild: Interest based

Thank you for trying to help your friend. There are tons of inactive guilds out there, so I'm not really sure we should try to advertise dead guilds. Also, your link doesn't go where I think you meant it to. I do wish your friend good luck, though!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:53 am
I have just made crew for the HKSS, which is a rare treat considering I am not even a sergeant rank in it. And so, I have been given the task of "recruiting" members of Gaia to that guild.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=246365

This link I posted will lead you to the best page for you to see what the guild is about.

In a short summary, the idea is to protect Shinobu Maehara through a Gaian made army of sorts.

How this army works is this:

When you join, you are the rank of a private and anyone who is of the rank of Sergeant and above can give you special tasks to do, which rarely happens. I guess, this is what happened here.

The one at the top of the ranking charts also known as General BobCat founder of the HKSS, has full authority. He can give assignments to whomever he wishes and promote people whenever he wishes.

His main concern now is that he feels the guild might go under and yet it had been going strong for 10 years. Obviously, he doesn't want it to die.

Now to rank up, that's easy. All you gotta do is take the Shinobu quizzes 4 times.

There are quite a few quizzes, but all of them are related to Shinobu.

Once you completed the 4 required quizzes, you become a sergeant.

A sergeant has more authority in the guild than a private does.
For one, a sergeant can hand out and grade Shinobu quizzes whereas a private cannot.
Second, the ways to rank up are limited to a private, meaning there is only one way to rank up. A sergeant can go to a subforum where promotions are given based on certain tasks.
The higher up on the ladder you are, the greater the responsibility, but at the same time the more fun you will have.

You can still post wherever in the guild too, that part doesn't really change. My recommendation of when you first get to the guild is post in the Introductions subforum.

In your introduction, be sure to include the following:

What your interests in the guild are - example, I am into bump threads.
A little bit about yourself, and it doesn't have to be about real life, it can be whatever.
And finally, post a question so that when BobCat, Shinobu and empress dee looks at the introduction, they can continue that thread with you and that can be like your say anything thread too.

I myself have recently joined the guild and I believe my rank is a private. So, when BobCat gives you privileges such as this, you don't pass it up. It is extremely rare.

Joy, I mentioned to the guild captain about how cool this guild is, so I hope you don't mind.

I mentioned there are 4 threads that get posted in the most and there are 4 members who post the most including you.  

BogardAndy

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:18 pm
BogardAndy
I have just made crew for the HKSS
His main concern now is that he feels the guild might go under and yet it had been going strong for 10 years. Obviously, he doesn't want it to die.

It looks kinda dead but not completely so I added it. Congratulations on making crew!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:04 am
Thank you. This will make the Captain of that guild very happy. The more active we make the guilds that have Captains that are serious about the responsibility, the better off this site is going to be.  

BogardAndy

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:23 am
BogardAndy
Thank you. This will make the Captain of that guild very happy. The more active we make the guilds that have Captains that are serious about the responsibility, the better off this site is going to be.

There's a great slogan: Gaia Guilds, brought to you by Captains who Care! cool  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:28 am
JoyRose
BogardAndy

I agree! And you know, if the moderators ever get around to improving guilds, then the NPC who would be in charge of guilds (I think the current NPC should be fired for the lack of effort he's put into guilds since being assigned the job), could put that in their signature, the slogan, I mean.

I am sure the mods will get around to giving the guilds a complete overhaul and serious look over eventually. And probably when there isn't really anything else going on either.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:49 pm
empress dee
JoyRose
BogardAndy

I agree! And you know, if the moderators ever get around to improving guilds, then the NPC who would be in charge of guilds (I think the current NPC should be fired for the lack of effort he's put into guilds since being assigned the job), could put that in their signature, the slogan, I mean.

I am sure the mods will get around to giving the guilds a complete overhaul and serious look over eventually. And probably when there isn't really anything else going on either.

You mean Developers, not Moderators. And they keep giving Developers more to do (events, the Kindred game, plus maintenance of the site overall) so I suspect guilds will be a long way down the priority list. Too bad, because like you I believe they are a lovely way to build community!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:56 pm
JoyRose
empress dee
JoyRose
BogardAndy

You mean Developers, not Moderators. And they keep giving Developers more to do (events, the Kindred game, plus maintenance of the site overall) so I suspect guilds will be a long way down the priority list. Too bad, because like you I believe they are a lovely way to build community!

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Oh well, there is a saying that Patience is a virtue and that good things happen to those who wait.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:44 am
empress dee
JoyRose
empress dee
JoyRose
BogardAndy

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Oh well, there is a saying that Patience is a virtue and that good things happen to those who wait.

I've heard that saying, too. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm
Thread link and name: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/in-the-dog-house/g.391152/ In the dog house
Short description: Have you ever felt like you had such a bad day that you needed someplace to vent, well, in this guild you can do that and more.
Type of thread: Guild advertisement  

william-tyler

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:55 am
william-tyler
Thread link and name: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/in-the-dog-house/g.391152/ In the dog house
Short description: Have you ever felt like you had such a bad day that you needed someplace to vent, well, in this guild you can do that and more.
Type of thread: Guild advertisement

So I looked at your guild, but before I list it, have you considered re-imagining it as the guild you're trying to make in your sig? It's still a new enough guild that could easily be done!  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff