Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Holy poop, i think they're gonna do it... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u think this is for real?
  OMG! yes!
  no...just another retarded rumor...stupid fangirl...
  it looks authentic...oh god, i hope it's not though...
  yeah sure, what's the big deal? I'm happy!
View Results

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:13 pm
today when i visited the "Anime News Network" the latest story is that the

rights to make a American Live Action Sailor Moon movie have been aquired....

i've heard rumors like this for years, but i think this one may be real...

the full (but small) article can be found here  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:09 pm
It doesn't actually say the rights have been acquired specifically. It says "Since 1997, Hollywood has been acquiring rights to series such as Sailor Moon..."

This was posted in the ANN forums:

Quote:
I think the headline for this article is misleading.

Daily Variety was the publication that reported the Geena Davis/Sailor Moon Disney Project about 5 years ago, probably in 1997 as that paragraph opens.

See http://www.iwaynet.net/~sos/liveaction.html

They never actually said that Sailor Moon has been newly licensed in any way. I think the writer is merely referencing that old story (which never lead to anything) since their publication was the one to break it, after all

Although I wouldnt mind seeing a live action Sailor Moon movie over here. See my post in the "English Live Action Sailor Moon by FOX" thread for a hilarious cast list.  

Beautifully Intended

natural_beauty009

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 am
now that would be cool. a sailor moon movie? sweet!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:54 pm
That reference aboutSailor Moon is 9 years old. If they were able to do it, they would have done so by now.... And until someone comes out with, "Toei has re-released the rights to BSSM..." it's mostly just rumour. There won't be a Nother American lvie action Sailormoon anytime soon.  

Solar Kitty-chan

BosnianPrincess_Ines

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:21 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
That reference aboutSailor Moon is 9 years old. If they were able to do it, they would have done so by now.... And until someone comes out with, "Toei has re-released the rights to BSSM..." it's mostly just rumour. There won't be a Nother American lvie action Sailormoon anytime soon.

I agree, for the longest time I've been hearing that, but its always a rumor in the end. If they were going to make a live action Sailor Moon, I think they would have already done it, because lots of people are starting to loose interest in Sailor Moon. Before all alot of people could talk about was how cool Sailor Moon was, and now hardly any of them even know about the show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:13 pm
i really hope so.that was a cool show.but american might be a problem.we as americans dfont have good things  

TimithyEcho

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:51 am
....ok..so maybe i overreacted a little...but i just had to tell someone....

ur all probably right, it's just another rumor....the stupid Sailor Moon fangirl strikes again... xp

but anyway...did any of u ever hear the rumor that Lindsey Lohan was going to play Sailor Moon if they ever did a live action movie? I burst out laughing when i heard that one, i knew that that one was fake...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:46 pm
kawaiibunny3

ur all probably right, it's just another rumor....the stupid Sailor Moon fangirl strikes again... xp

but anyway...did any of u ever hear the rumor that Lindsey Lohan was going to play Sailor Moon if they ever did a live action movie? I burst out laughing when i heard that one, i knew that that one was fake...

That was funny actually because I read a VH1 article/interview with her and they mentioned that and she was like "What? I don't remember seeing anything about that, though I have seen those rumors. They're definitely just rumors. I haven't been contacted for a live action Sailor Moon movie."

I wouldn't mind seeing her as Sailor Moon though.  

Beautifully Intended

Amuse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:42 am
Beautifully Intended

That was funny actually because I read a VH1 article/interview with her and they mentioned that and she was like "What? I don't remember seeing anything about that, though I have seen those rumors. They're definitely just rumors. I haven't been contacted for a live action Sailor Moon movie."

I've heard rumors of them doing a Sailor Moon movie for YEARS. Back then they were saying Alicia Silverstone was gonna play Sailor Moon.

Lindsey Lohan wouldn't be a bad choice. She has talent, but it gets over shadowed by her tabloid exploits. Personally I'd prefer the lead girl from Veronica Mars as Sailor Moon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:17 am
Amuse
Beautifully Intended

I've heard rumors of them doing a Sailor Moon movie for YEARS. Back then they were saying Alicia Silverstone was gonna play Sailor Moon.

Lindsey Lohan wouldn't be a bad choice. She has talent, but it gets over shadowed by her tabloid exploits. Personally I'd prefer the lead girl from Veronica Mars as Sailor Moon.

I also remember that Melissa Joan Hart was considered to play Sailor Moon too. Now THAT would be cool cuz I really liked her on Clarissa and Sabrina. But, generally, I really almost could not care less who plays who; I just want it made because I know it would be awesome.  

Beautifully Intended

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:41 am
Wow, they might make a Pet Shop of Horrors live action?
I only hope they get a great actor to play Count D... that could go either really well, or really horribly wrong. Pet Shop is my favorite anime (but Sailor Moon is my fav. manga).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:05 am
Beautifully Intended
kawaiibunny3

EWWWW!!!!!!!! Linsey Lohan would make the WORST Usagi!!! You're just saying that because you're a Linsey Lohan fanboy that wants to see her in a skimpy little outfit. My friends and I had a total scream out with this one guy about how she would total fail at being Usagi. The day we heard that my friend promised me that if they do make a live act Sailor Moon in America that she would personaly pay for me to go and audition for the part of Usagi. But yeah that rumor about them making a live act with Linsey Lohan is total false!  

Usagi Shojo

Angel Hinagiku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:28 am
kawaiibunny3

I hope it is just a rumor. I love PGSM, but I wouldn't like to see an American live action version of Sailor Moon.

I don't know if I would or wouldn't want Lindsay to play Usagi. I couldn't imagine her playing Usagi, but you never know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:47 am
Quote:
You're just saying that because you're a Linsey Lohan fanboy that wants to see her in a skimpy little outfit.

Please DON'T make assumptions.

While I do like Lindsay Lohan, I am a GAY boy, so personally I don't want her to play the part JUST to see her in a skimpy outfit. If anything, I'd much rather see Tuxedo Mask in a skimpy outfit (speedo and cape anyone? rawr! whee xd ). I was also saying I wouldn't mind if she played the part, BUT I don't care who plays who if they did do a live action version.

Frankly, I'd much rather see Melissa Joan Hart (TV's Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Clarissa Explains It All) as Usagi. I think she would fit the part better, but if Lindsay did it, whatever.

Also, a "scream out"? Jeez. Give the guy a break. If you want to get your message across, I'm pretty sure screaming at him was not the right way to go. Besides, people have different opinions of who should play who. Learn to deal with that. Calmly explaining your side probably would have worked out better for you; I know if someone just yelled at me their reasons as to why Lindsay is all wrong for the part, I wouldn't take them seriously.  

Beautifully Intended

Usagi Shojo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:35 pm
Oh hell I feel like a jackass now. Look I'm really sorry I just get so mad when anyone would think to cast Lindsey Lohan as Usagi its just so...ew!
I hope you can forgive me for my ignorance because I am realy super sorry.

Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff