3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
no thanks
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

tenkunotouma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:07 am
So, I remember reading somewhere that Kaori Yuki likes the visual kei scene and such, so I was wondering how many people out there like her stuff AND jrock. ^_^

What bands do you like, if you do like the visual kei scene? Anyone know which one Kaori Yuki likes?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:45 pm
I like Malice Mizer and Dir en Grey. No clue which one Kaori Yuki-san likes though  

Moonlit Masquerade

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:17 pm
No idea which ones Kaori-sensei likes...I think she mentioned a few in Angel Sanctuary, just can't remember. I like Dir en Grey, Gazette, Baroque, Aucifer, Janne da Arc, and I'm not sure whether they're Visual Kei, but I'm kinda getting into Allure Idea, and it's been awhile since I last heard a song by Glay, but I think I liked them...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:00 am
Me loves J-Rock (..and many other types of J-music)

Malice Mizer is wonderful, and I used to listen alot to Dir en Grey as well. Lately I've been listening more to new age and celtic sounding music ( heart Yoko Kanno ) though, so I can't say I'm way into them anymore.  

Vi Sparklemist

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:30 am
Let's see... I've heard that Yuki has found inspiration to many of her characters looking at members from the bands Pierrot, Laputa, Penicilin, Malize Micer and X-Japan. So I think we can suspect she's a fan of their music as well as of their appearance.

I don't listen much to visual kei. I don't know, it's just not my kind of music. It's strange though, 'cause I love everything around it, the clothes, the people, the manga it inspires... I could be a gothic lolita with earplugs. xp

I go for music like ACO. Anyone else?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:14 pm
Yes, Kaori Yuki loves Pierrot. She wrote it in the atogaki of Count Cain book 11 or 12. wink

I've just realized I quite like it... Malice Mizer has a great (and unique) sound... Dir En Gray sounds like one of those Gothic Rock bands I love infused with a bit of pop. X Japan is great too... the piano part is fantastic. *stops gushing*

On a side note... Anyone know where I can download Malice Mizer Mp3s?  

Shura Yukihime

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:00 am
Shura Yukihime
Yes, Kaori Yuki loves Pierrot. She wrote it in the atogaki of Count Cain book 11 or 12. wink

Ah, you make me so jelous... crying

Anyway, there's more info of who inspired which character on www.setsunasheart.free.fr.

It's in french, but go to "inspirations". Hmm.... haven't we talked about setsunasheart in some other thread here?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:50 pm
Why does Gaia ALWAYS eat my posts??! >_<

Summary of my post before it disappeared:

Rosiel = Hyde from early 90's L'arc en ciel when he still wore dresses and had long wavy hair.
Kaori Yuki has said this herself in interviews.

Lucifer = Kirito from Pierrot, I'm going to say this is pretty safe since she is a fan, as seen from her atogaki and her doodle of Kirito in one of them.

Belial/Madhatter = Full from Guniw Tools and Nookicky. No confirmation, but they look WAY too much alike to be a mere coincidence. Same eye makeup and everything.

If anyone is into jrock, let me know, we'll exchange!! ^_^
Shura: if you want, I can rip the Bara no Seidou album for you. I dont really like MM's stuff outside of their instrumentals, but I can scrounge up most of their discography if you'd like.
Her character/costume designs often take a lot of influence from VK and goth/punk style.
Also she has done music themed manga before like Kaine and Tokyo Pop.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:12 am
Sai-kun

Rosiel = Hyde from early 90's L'arc en ciel when he still wore dresses and had long wavy hair.

Lucifer = Kirito from Pierrot, I'm going to say this is pretty safe since she is a fan, as seen from her atogaki and her doodle of Kirito in one of them.

Belial/Madhatter = Full from Guniw Tools and Nookicky. No confirmation, but they look WAY too much alike to be a mere coincidence. Same eye makeup and everything.

Shura: if you want, I can rip the Bara no Seidou album for you. I dont really like MM's stuff outside of their instrumentals, but I can scrounge up most of their discography if you'd like.
Her character/costume designs often take a lot of influence from VK and goth/punk style.

Oooh... that'd be great! 'Cos I could only find the Mervilles album online... and their music is highly addictive. For some weird reason.

But the quality between Kaine and Tokyo Pop is a world apart... Tokyo Pop just wasn't as good as Kaine... Art wise, and story wise too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:48 pm
Shura Yukihime
Sai-kun

Oooh... that'd be great! 'Cos I could only find the Mervilles album online... and their music is highly addictive. For some weird reason.

But the quality between Kaine and Tokyo Pop is a world apart... Tokyo Pop just wasn't as good as Kaine... Art wise, and story wise too.

Tokyopop is a really old one shot ^_^;; Before her style really evolved into what we know and recognize today...

I'll get around to ripping the album one of these days >_< Extremely hectic this month.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:01 am
Sai-kun

Tokyopop is a really old one shot ^_^;; Before her style really evolved into what we know and recognize today...

I'll get around to ripping the album one of these days >_< Extremely hectic this month.

True, that... But if I remember right, Tokyo Pop (of rather, my book spells it Tokyo Top, so I'm not sure if we're discussing the same manga here) is one of the works she's *cough* not quite proud of, or so the author's notes at the back of Kaine states.

And thanks in advance!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:01 pm
Sai-kun

that was the one I couldn't work out at all!!

does anyone have any pics of him? I've never actually heard of those bands before.  

achromatic grey

Nyon Nyon

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:48 am
yay~ yuki-sensei is a huge pierrot fan, as well as me XD~  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:09 am
I love BLOOD and Malice Mizer! 3nodding  

Sonoshi
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:38 pm
Sonoshi
I love BLOOD and Malice Mizer! 3nodding

If you like their style of music you can try Raphael, Phantasmagoria and/or Rentrer en Soi :3
They all have that baroque violins and synth goth thing going for them.
Rentret en Soi is such a blast from the Visual Kei past...they dress like Lareine!! Lace and ruffles and blonde ringlets and everything...

Oh yeah, you can try Lareine too ^_^  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces