Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Lets Compare Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What one do you like the bestest?
  The Amine!
  The Manga!!
  The Live Action!!!
View Results

User_8572

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:19 am
Okay, so now there are 3 versions someone can enjoy of beloved Sailor Moon: The Anime, the Manga and the Live Action. So, what one do you prefer? What are some strong points and weak points to any of the 3 and what one is the one you'd recommend for someone whose never seen it?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 am
I like the anime because of all the charater development, you get to know the bad guys and their back stories better, in the manga they appear and 10 pages later they die. BUT, I like the stories in the Manga because their a little darker than the anime, the live action was fun but over all I didn't like the ending because they made it look like the world would've been better off if Serenity stayed dead (and that's just sad). Well, that's what I think!!  

User_8572

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:44 am
I love the manga, because it's beautifully drawn, and I feel that you get to know the senshi better. It focuses more on each character as an individual, rather than grouping all the senshi together as just one big group who are only there to back up Usagi.
Also, in the manga, Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask is much more in-depth and interesting, whereas in the anime, he's just a boyfriend with a mask who goes around throwing flowers and giving speeches.
I also like that, as Kawaki said, the manga is much darker and more adult. It has it's cute moments, but is not entirely cutesy and goofy like the anime can be. Personally I like seeing a more morbid Sailor Moon.

I've just recently seen some of the live-action, which I think is great, because it puts a new twist on the Sailor Moon story. It's a bit campy and silly, but it's so much fun to watch. Seeing this show which is new to me also reminds me of when I was little and Sailor Moon had just started playing in the U.S., and it reminds me of how I wanted to be a Sailor Scout when I was just a girl.

However, the manga will always be my favorite. heart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:25 pm
I want to own it all! I've seen a lot of the anime, read a few comics, and seen a few PGSM eps, but it isn't enough.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:10 am
I haven't seen the live action yet but i'm sure i wont like it as much as the manga or anime

so between the manga and anime i'd pick the manga.

because, the manga is darker and more detailed in story, especially in SuperS, i can't really explain it but once u watch the SuperS anime then read the manga, (or vice versa) they almost don't seem like the same story anymore...the 6 episode arc with Nehelenia at the beginning of StarS seemed more like the manga than the whole SuperS anime...

and in the StarS, Galaxia (my fav. villan) she had so much depth and she seemed SO much more evil in the manga than the anime, she did a villan right in the manga, she killed all the senshi right in front of SM, she turned Usagi's friends on her, she was SO cool! then i see the anime and she sits in a chair for over half the season... stare but whatever...

i think it's because the manga was aimed at teenaged girls while the anime was mostly aimed at little girls (12 and under) Toei animation are the masters of producing children's anime after all...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:49 am
I like the manga beacause it the origianal nothing is left out, no stupid producers are cutting things out because they think its 'immoral' (like the dubbed anime) and it goes through all the stories not just the one (like the live acts).  

Usagi Shojo

User_8572

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:10 am
Like KawaiiBunny3 said,
I loved SuperS in the Manga I must admit!! I loved that there wasn't really a golden crystal, but that Nehelenia 'cursed' baby Serenity from her birth that her kingdom will fall (this leading to Beryl taking over in the years to follow!) I also liked how it all intertwines at the end where all the evil in the world was just one thing, creating Metalia, the Death Phantom, Pharaoh 90, Neheinia and Choas... I loved how it showed that as long as there's good there's evil, the fights always going to be and there's never a true ending, just beginnings and the battle. I also liked how you got to see Sailor Cosmos (Sailor Moon's highest form) And I loved how it ended with closure, with Mamoru & Usagi's marriage, how cute!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:24 am
well, I have never heard of the live action, but i heard of the manga but never seen it, so i would have to say my favorite is the Anime  

YoukaiKoneko

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:11 pm
YoukaiKoneko
well, I have never heard of the live action, but i heard of the manga but never seen it, so i would have to say my favorite is the Anime

The manga is hard to find nowadays. I wish I had gotten more of it when I had the chance... anyway, if you want to find Sailor Moon Live Action, visit YouTube and search Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Act 1, and you should be able to find all of the first season's episodes through there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:10 am
I like the manga and the live action, not really because the manga was darker (which is why a lot of people liked it) but because of Usagi herself. Compared to the anime, both the manga and the live action made Usagi more mature. In the anime she was always tripping and falling and crying. The manga, that only lasted till she REALLY fell for Mamoru. In the live action, she was already a lot more mature than her anime counterpart but the whole princess thing forced her to grow up even more. Besides, I love the live action Princess Serenity. She was all dark and not caring about anyone other than Endymion. That's how I feel sometimes about my fiancee, so I can relate.  

Darkness Cake

Kira Tsume

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:23 pm
I like the manga over the anime, because the art work is simply beautiful not to mention I like some of the relationships better *cough*Mina and Rei*cough*, and how the storyline went better.

I love the liveaction though, good god. I saw it over winter break this year and I was addicted to it. Jedite scared me, he looked creepy, but not in the good way. The rest of the casting was perfect though, and I love talking plushie Luna. I just like the live action most, because they showed it in a way that wasn't SOOOO far out their, like if it was real, what all of it would look out. Yea, I know it sounds lame or whatever, cause it couldn't be real, but it was just showing it in a different way, with the same story that appealed to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:12 pm
The manga had more action, death, blood, and gore. It also had almost no filler episodes.  

I am The Compendium

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:07 pm
If they know nothing of it, I'd go with the anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:51 pm
Usagi ********* class="quoted">I like the manga beacause it the origianal nothing is left out, no stupid producers are cutting things out because they think its 'immoral' (like the dubbed anime) and it goes through all the stories not just the one (like the live acts).

The dubbed version is awful, SM couldn't have been insulted more...  

Heavenly_Frozen

User_8572

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:12 am
Heavenly_Frozen
Usagi ********* class="quoted">I like the manga because it the original nothing is left out, no stupid producers are cutting things out because they think its 'immoral' (like the dubbed anime) and it goes through all the stories not just the one (like the live acts).

The dubbed version is awful, SM couldn't have been insulted more...

I KNOW! What did DiC do, sit around and say "How can we COMPLETELY ruin and obliterate this show so No ONE will EVER enjoy it like it should've been enjoyed. They put it in a terrible time slot until Toonami saved it and still, Serena sounded like a drunken gay man trying to sing opera upside down while having her head flushed in a toilet... And did you all notice that Zoicite, Emerald, Kaori Night, Fish Eye, the Kesenian Blossom AND Badianu ALL had the same chick doing their voices... I swear, she would've been Galaxia too if the StarS were ever dubbed...  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff