Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Books Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read much?
no
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
yes
52%
 52%  [ 23 ]
some
40%
 40%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 44

draven_heart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:47 pm
Pick a book and speak your piece  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:50 pm
uh... how bout the book I'm currently reading today? It's called The rise. It's the prequel to the left behind books and right now I'm liking it. whee  

yalie5

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:16 pm
^^;
I'm not much of a traditional novel reader.
I preffer graphic novels aka Mangas.
Right now I've been reading Celestial Legend Ceres: Monster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:03 pm
Does Mangas count? cause I hate reading anything but mangas and magazines.....(with exception to the Art of War and a few other chinese history books such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms)  

Hayashi Jun

[ ~ Wenny ~ ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:06 pm
yeah I like to read mangas, I hope it counts.
I like to read Inu-yasha. The school libaray books suck..  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:09 pm
[ ~ Wenny ~ ]

i think mangas do count... a books a book i guess. and maybe you should go to the public library to find a food book.  

yalie5

[ ~ Wenny ~ ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:11 pm
yalie5
[ ~ Wenny ~ ]

i think mangas do count... a books a book i guess. and maybe you should go to the public library to find a food book.
No time at all, my parents both work and the one I go to is over 2 miles away. The one closer to my house is the one that most people go to and the mangas there are always checked out.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:56 am
I read books about animals like "The curious incident of the dog in the night time" and "How to take care of your budgie". biggrin  

Liambiam

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:37 am
Well the last book that I finished reading (for leisure not school) was Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code."

Gross historical inaccuracies notwithstanding, I found that Brown was able to deliver his story both convincingly and interestingly. I especially liked his intensive use of metaphores, symbolism, anagrams and the like (my oddball knowledge of useless trivia and historical facts paid off).

One thing of note, his portrayal of Catholicism isn't very flattering and coming from a childhood of Catholic-school teachings I was appalled at Brown's unrestrained creativity. However all things considered, this book was written as a fiction and as a story, I would really recommend it to others should they have the time to read it. Lengthwise it's not too long, it took me about 3-4 hours to sit down and finish it in one go... I think most of you would enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:50 am
tamcharles
Well the last book that I finished reading (for leisure not school) was Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code."

Gross historical inaccuracies notwithstanding, I found that Brown was able to deliver his story both convincingly and interestingly. I especially liked his intensive use of metaphores, symbolism, anagrams and the like (my oddball knowledge of useless trivia and historical facts paid off).

One thing of note, his portrayal of Catholicism isn't very flattering and coming from a childhood of Catholic-school teachings I was appalled at Brown's unrestrained creativity. However all things considered, this book was written as a fiction and as a story, I would really recommend it to others should they have the time to read it. Lengthwise it's not too long, it took me about 3-4 hours to sit down and finish it in one go... I think most of you would enjoy it.

I liked this book very much, you should also check out 'Angels and Demons' also by Dan Brown.  

draven_heart

draven_heart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:52 am
Darkaznstargoddess
^^;

Of course Manga counts smile . I started 'Celestial Legend' not to long ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:25 am
draven_heart
Darkaznstargoddess
^^;

^^ How long ago? I think I started two or three years ago. I'm on the 10th book right now. ^^  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:38 am
tamcharles

the da vinci code and angels and demons were really good... but I was diasappoineted with digital fortress.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:48 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
draven_heart
Darkaznstargoddess
^^;

^^ How long ago? I think I started two or three years ago. I'm on the 10th book right now. ^^

um..a week? I only have the first one right now. I was going to go get the second and perhaps more but my book store doesn't have them and i don't want to go across town to the comic store, so im waiting it out.  

draven_heart

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:58 pm
draven_heart
Darkaznstargoddess
draven_heart
Darkaznstargoddess
^^;

um..a week? I only have the first one right now. I was going to go get the second and perhaps more but my book store doesn't have them and i don't want to go across town to the comic store, so im waiting it out.
Which bookstore do you get your's from? I hope it gets stocked on them soon. The 11th book I heard was coming out in May, one the 10th. ^^  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff