Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor uranus and sailor neptune Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yes or no?
yes
86%
 86%  [ 57 ]
no
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 66

~Rainbow Chocolate~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:54 pm
were you mad when the dubbed version made them cousins?

i know i was, i was like wtf scream  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:29 am
I thought it was funny actually...They were pretty close cousins! Especially that one episode that they tried to cut out most of the things...XD  

Ginvera

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:03 am
I just didn't see why they made them related, why couldn't they have made them close friends, it's not like they made out with each other alot, the most they ever did in the S series is hold hands and that was even rare

friends still hold hands every once in a while right?

I knew they would change it from a lesbian couple, that couldn't be avoided, but why not friends?

atleast it's not as bad as the French dub, where Haruka was a man  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:32 am
I think they did that so the parents would get mad when there 10 year olds ask "mommy why are those girls Kissing" or "Whats a lesbian" see as in the U.S it was made for 10+  

Kitty The Tamer

User_8572

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:34 am
So... America would rather portray Incest over homosexuality? Mmmkay, whatever... (That hands scene in S, cousins don't do that!)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:10 am
I was mad when I saw the dub for the first time but I wasn't surprised that they would do something like that - especially with the age group that they were aiming at in mind.  

Eternal_Eos

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:53 pm
They're just kissing cousins. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:23 pm
Kawaki
So... America would rather portray Incest over homosexuality? Mmmkay, whatever... (That hands scene in S, cousins don't do that!)

My thoughts exactly...

I was upset in general that they turned Sailor Moon into a kids show. I'm actually happy that they didn't dub stars, I personally think they would have killed it.

But anyways, I really didn't like how they edited Haruka and Michiru's relationship even though I knew they would do it (Take Kunzite and Zoisites relationship for example)

To make them related was a bad choice because then it just makes it look kind of incestual.  

Yami_Puppi

xX hikari san Xx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:34 pm
Eternal_Eos
I was mad when I saw the dub for the first time but I wasn't surprised that they would do something like that - especially with the age group that they were aiming at in mind.

Actually, when they used to show Sailor moon on T.V, they cut out the kissing parts and stuffs so it really seemed as if they were cousins.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:00 am
They made it go from lesbianism to incest. At least the did on the english dubs on the DVDs.  

Ryuondo

Namtastic

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:42 pm
Eternal_Eos

Ya, I agree with you, I didn't like it very much but I mean it could have been worse mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:37 pm
Lordie. Could you imagine what kids these days would think? Or even their parents? Seeing Uranus and Neptune holding hands, apparently cousins, so they go off and do that with their cousins, which might not be too terrible, but someone might get the wrong idea...and with the world we live in, the wrong idea could equal being disowned or death--only in extreme cases, though. They should have left it as is and let people see that being gay isn't bad.

I hated the dub, too. They say that the US is so desensitized(sp?) to violence and sex, yet a cartoon which could have easily be put onto Adult Swim was made into child's play. Stupid censorship.  

RebelJediKnight06

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:51 am
yeah it's funny, everyone already knew they were lesbians
making them cousins just made it stranger...

but it's funny now, cause now whenever someone introduces me to their cousin, i giggle....

oh and to RebelJediKnight06: Adult Swim wasn't around back then, even if it was, they still would've shown it on Toonami because (marketing wise) it's retarted to make 2 seasons aimed at kids then come out with an anticipated sequel and make it adult....

besides, i never saw the hand thing as incestual...and they also made Michiru talk about old boyfriends in the dub (some dude named "Mike")...just to cover up the lesbian thing even more i guess and one line (that really makes me laugh) when Haruka says to Usagi"Oh, well if you and Darien are broken up, maybe i have a shot at him" or something along those lines...

it was more than just the 'cousins' thing in th dub, which just enforces my "Why can't they be friends?" question  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:41 am
Kloudy
were you mad when the dubbed version made them cousins?

i know i was, i was like wtf scream

Well I always thought something was strange how uranus was a girl that wore a boy school uniform but then i saw the Jappeness verison and i was all wth she is gay!! (cuz' i have only seen the dubbed version so i thought it was weird) but i laughed cuz' i was freaking out and my 2 friends were there and the had already known.  

YoukaiKoneko

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:21 pm
After I found the sub version I got even more pissed off than I was when I hadn't seen the sub. I mean, lets weigh the options here, incest or lesbians, incest or lesbians. Okay, lets go for incest! What were they on when they made this a small childrens show?  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff