Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chloe_shun_kishida

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:50 am
Kaori Yuki's manga: Alichino.^^ Rave about it here^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:56 am
But... Kaori Yuki didn't make Alichino, Kouyu Shurei did.
I'm afraid you got it wrong there.

It's still awonderful manga, though, and i adore it.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Devante X

Ruthless Knight

12,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:33 am
Kouyu Shurei made Alichino!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:12 am
Yes indeed... and more obviously, the art style is VERY different.

I quite like Alichino though, but like the rest said, it's by another artist.  

Shura Yukihime

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:42 pm
This is way off topic-ish, but what's it about?  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:58 am
Moonlit Masquerade

There are these white creatures called Alichino who can grant your wish, sort of like evil genies.

Anyway, it's not like I read the whole 2 volumes I have now... I just stared at the art and drooled. sweatdrop  

chained_inside

achromatic grey

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:08 am
chained_inside
Moonlit Masquerade

There are these white creatures called Alichino who can grant your wish, sort of like evil genies.

Anyway, it's not like I read the whole 2 volumes I have now... I just stared at the art and drooled. sweatdrop

is the 2nd vol out already? I like alichino a lot.

but yeah the art was the first thing that I noticed too.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:52 pm
Alichino are spirits/creatures who have the power to grant any desire of an individual, but in most cases, the price for it is high.
Many alichino take the souls of those they grant wishes for as payment, eventually, others name their own prices.
Alichino can range from animal-like to ethereally beautiful humanoid shapes. They cannot be killed by any conventional mean. You can slice them to bits, but they'll come back to life.
Then there is the Kusabi, a power/spirit/soul that can destroy Alichino. It's currently housed in a boy named Tsugiri, to whom it is both a blessing and a curse because it draws Alichino to him and hence death and destruction.
The Alichino fear and covet this power, Alichino such as Yue and Matsulika and the dude she works for whos name I will never remember believe that they will attain incredible power by consuming the Kusabi.

So far the manga is about Tsugiri learning about the Kusabi and learning about hatred towards alichino and Matsulika baiting Tsugiri.
The manga is only 3 volumes, so Tsugiri's story is all that well fleshed out though Ryouko and Myoubi's story is pretty well developed.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

etrnlfoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:41 pm
I looked at the topic and had to go back to get my volumes...

That confuzzled me. >.> *stares at her wallpaper* Alichino...
*drool*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:55 am
I've read it, and I'm not so impressed by the story and characters. The art is gorgeus but the characters don't express feelings at all, so it was kinda boring to read... sad  

[Lagrashu]

Alzheimer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:34 pm
[. ^Same here. I loved the artwork, but the story developement was too confusing and slow, and the areas in the manga seemed so static to me. To me, the Alichino characters seemed like dolls to me. Puppets in a boring story .]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:52 pm
Kouyu Shurei's art style doesnt seem to do well with facial expressions, huh? ^_^;;

I think of Alichino as an aesthetic piece, it can stand alone as a piece of art without the story, though I think there was enough of a story since the manga is incomplete and stands only at 3 volumes.

Myoubi and Ryouko's story was fleshed out well.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

alicelights

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:34 am
I love Kaori Yuki's work but I find that there is somthing 'dead' in Alichino. I'm not sure what it is though. The stories seemed a little less credible than Yuki-san. I don't believe what I see, whereas I do in Kaori Yuki's works. Maybe this is because Kaori Yuki deals with the emotional in a way I can connect with? In which case, it may be purely down to tase.

Shurei-san draws some nice elaborate clothes though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:56 pm
Yes! The artwork is amazing! So into detail... And yeah....The plot is really hard to follow. biggrin  

Lumicran_Minamoto

Fusaki

Newbie Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:21 pm
the artwork is amazing and the story is well made too but...

unless your blind, Kaori Yuki did NOT create "Alichino" for her style and Kouyu Shurei's art style are very different.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff