Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Japanese or English? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

English or Japanese
  English
  Japanese
View Results

Since 1933

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:24 am
Which do you prefer? Japenese Sailor Moon, or English. I particularly like Japanese because they didn't cut episodes. Plus, English didn't make the last Sailor Moon season, only Japan did. Plus plus, Serena's english voice bugs me... xp

Dark Moon Serenity

Ps. Anyone want to be my friend? heart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:25 am
well, I Like the english version, although I would like to see the episoeds they cut out, but I haven't seen the Jappeness verion before  

YoukaiKoneko

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:46 am
I only like the English version for nostalgic purposes and to make fun of it (seriously...who uses words like "Wongo"?)

but yeah, the Japanese is SO much better....

the only good English VA that was good for Usagi was Tracey Moore (the very 1st one) the 2nd one did this wierd yodel-scream...and the 3rd one was an old lady trying to sound young again  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:26 pm
I thank them for Dubbing it because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise... but once you realize there's an 'original' out there I had to see it and OMG it was a zillion times better and more meaningful that the Dub?? Why did DiC choose to ruin such a great show!? Makes me mad but whats done is done, thank god for the original Japanese though....  

User_8572

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:36 pm
I like both. I dont know why I just do. The whole reason I started watching it in japanese is because one of the enemies english voice drove me nuts. Litterally, I wanted to cut my ear drums out with a 3.5 inch long 1.7 inch wide combat knife. But because I was in the bathroom watching it on my laptop, the closest thing to me was a toilet paper roll. That wasnt gonna work, figers arent sharp enough to get it, so I just changed the language setting.

But I do like the english version, aside from the somewhat forced language that the personality of the character would just generally prohibit. Ami saying buds, to me was like a rich preppy white person dropping the n bomb. It just didnt seem natural.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:42 pm
I love the Japanese language in general, so of course I am going to say Japanese.

I don't know why but I like it so much better in Japanese, originals are almost always better anyways  

Yami_Puppi

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:46 am
I like the dialogue better in the Japanese version (plus having more episodes),

I like the english version because it doesn't require me to do any reading and it does have some fun, nostalgic moments.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:39 pm
I wish I knew japanese... neutral becausaes japanese manga is like sooo much better in japanese...but I don't understand it...english...sometimes we get it wrong...stupid english*shakes fist*  

With the current

6,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Usagi Shojo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 am
The Japanese is so much better in both the manga and anime. For one the anime is not cut and it has the original voices. Unlike in the pegasus collection of the dubbed were Usagi's voice was super annoying. And I am in Japanese language courses so basicly all we do is sit and watch undubbed anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:48 am
I prefer Japanese because english cuts out a lot of good stuff  

Kari_Motomiya

T-E-R-I

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:16 am
I prefer the Japanese version it sounds better and its the original voices... compared to the english version is good and all but sounds way differrent 4rm the original....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:12 pm
I would pick Japenese Sailor Moon over English Sailor Moon. I think this because the English voices are horible( or you could say they suck)!!The Japnese voices are cuter and easer to lissen to. I also like that in japenese the Sailor Moon dvds are not cut up.

Revgurl13

ElaborateDream

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:45 pm
that is a silly question, the orignal japanese seiyuu are much better than the english ones.. i mean Luna sounds like an old british nanny!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:20 pm
Japanese is betta!!  

Utsukushii_Onna

Heavenly_Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:07 pm
The Japanese is THE best, no matter what language. It's the original, only the Japanese VA can do thr voices, they alone know the true personalities of the Senshi =^^=

The American dubbed version is so bloody crappy i think i could act better from no acting experience at all!!!

Usagi's voice is too grown up and deep for her cutsey personality, and the fact that she starts off around 14/15

The other's all sound over-acted, to the point where you cant actually take them seriously, and feel embarassed watching it in front of anyone..

Sorry for the rant but i really cannot stand the dubbed version..

GO JAPAN!!!  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces