Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
spontanious human combustion Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:46 am
Now, so far, there has been no absolute scientific way of explaining this, but there are many beliefs that it could be caused by teh devil or numerous other things.
What's your opinion?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:36 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Mankati

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:13 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:34 pm
*shrug* maybe, also you COULD but not on your own ;p  

Mankati

[ Le` Panda ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:48 am
feed a bird bicarbonate of soda and it explodes! rofl Man that would be hilarious!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:49 pm
I know sometimes people might have something with sodium on their person and they get wet, so the sodium ignites. burning_eyes  

A.Laran

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:16 pm
A.Laran
I know sometimes people might have something with sodium on their person and they get wet, so the sodium ignites. burning_eyes

Woah...
What would they be carrying that's made of sodium?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:33 pm
Sodium is a vital element. The human diet must contain a sensible amount of sodium. I pulled this off a web site. Looking at it it might be over eating in sodium products and then EXPLOSION! Or something like that.  

Infinistus

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:40 pm
Infinistus
Sodium is a vital element. The human diet must contain a sensible amount of sodium. I pulled this off a web site. Looking at it it might be over eating in sodium products and then EXPLOSION! Or something like that.

You'd still have to eat a large amount of pure sodium. Most sodium products are not pure sodium, but is sodium join chemically with another chemical.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:15 pm
Perhaps only idiots who decide to eat alot of sodium without knowledge of the consequences combust?  

Infinistus

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:02 pm
Infinistus
Perhaps only idiots who decide to eat alot of sodium without knowledge of the consequences combust?

Sounds like a new bit for the natural selection theory.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:01 pm
One theory I've heard is that the cells that make up our body are like very, *very* tiny nuclear powerplants, and sometimes they overload and WHOOSH. Fire. Another theory is that the electrical impulses that constantly course through out our bodies is to blame as well. Maybe, it could 'spark' a fire?  

A.Beautiful.Katastrophe.

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:53 pm
I've heard a theory about blocked kundalini energy causing spontaneous combustion. I don't have much experience with the subject.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:15 pm
another possibility is that parts of the body is slower than the rest....which creates friction against the other particles and then ignites on flammable material.....just a possibility..... burning_eyes  

QUE_SAGE

Gretchen Grumblefrob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:37 pm
Lord Jagged
Now, so far, there has been no absolute scientific way of explaining this, but there are many beliefs that it could be caused by teh devil or numerous other things.
What's your opinion?

I'm pretty sure there is a scientific way of explaining it.
Too keep it short, it's called the "wick effect". Think of an inside out candle, with cloth on the outside, and wax on the onside. The cloth burns slowly because it has to also burn and melt down the wax. If you let it keep burning. there will be very little left. When you look at victims of "SHC" you see that there is almost nothing left except maybe their arms or legs... basicly, parts that have very little body fat to be burned are left with the ashes.

So, what people think is "SHC" is really just a fat ******** letting a ciggerette fall onto ther robes or something, then they are unable to put the fire out on their own, so they burn.  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff